• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:30
CEST 00:30
KST 07:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8822 users

[G] Winning TvZ - Page 4

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Deleted User 81929
Profile Joined June 2010
243 Posts
August 02 2010 17:22 GMT
#61
--- Nuked ---
fdsdfg
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1251 Posts
August 02 2010 17:23 GMT
#62
On August 03 2010 02:21 Bair wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 01:00 Grimjim wrote:
On August 03 2010 00:40 Bair wrote:
Saracen, you are a terrible human being for spreading such knowledge, if you are human at all. I hope a baneling is waiting in your bed tonight.

In somewhat related news, does terran have a decent counter to sling/bling/muta? I go this every game and since I can transition to ultraling, it just murders terrans.


Please send me a replay/BO. ZvT makes me cry at night. I tried a few Muta builds, but every-time I ended up with 4 Mutas and a few Lings meeting a Bio ball that crushes me.


I have no set BO beyond a 14 pool 15 gas. After that it is all what I scout. Before you get mutas out, you should have a sizeable amount of speedlings and a good enough map awareness to morph some to banelings depending on the bioball approaching.

When you get mutas, do not get many. I win by using banelines/speedlings to melt their ground army, and use muta harass to delay them rebuilding it while I outmacro.


But what if they don't go bio? What if they have a good enough wall to deal with any number of potential banelings and just build up a mech army?
aka Siyko
vnlegend
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States1389 Posts
August 02 2010 17:39 GMT
#63
Yep it's not only that but Terran is ridiculous cheap in 2v2 too. Proxy reapers + anything = instant win. Reapers kill all early game units and with support from your ally in attacking there's no way you can lose. Proxy reapers also have you come out economically ahead of your opponents in most games.

Thanks for the tricks!
Marines > everything
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
August 02 2010 18:45 GMT
#64
On August 03 2010 02:23 fdsdfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 02:21 Bair wrote:
On August 03 2010 01:00 Grimjim wrote:
On August 03 2010 00:40 Bair wrote:
Saracen, you are a terrible human being for spreading such knowledge, if you are human at all. I hope a baneling is waiting in your bed tonight.

In somewhat related news, does terran have a decent counter to sling/bling/muta? I go this every game and since I can transition to ultraling, it just murders terrans.


Please send me a replay/BO. ZvT makes me cry at night. I tried a few Muta builds, but every-time I ended up with 4 Mutas and a few Lings meeting a Bio ball that crushes me.


I have no set BO beyond a 14 pool 15 gas. After that it is all what I scout. Before you get mutas out, you should have a sizeable amount of speedlings and a good enough map awareness to morph some to banelings depending on the bioball approaching.

When you get mutas, do not get many. I win by using banelines/speedlings to melt their ground army, and use muta harass to delay them rebuilding it while I outmacro.


But what if they don't go bio? What if they have a good enough wall to deal with any number of potential banelings and just build up a mech army?


Unless it's a 2v2 map with shared mains, I can't imagine mech being popular in 2v2. You just can't help your ally. This is speculation btw.
MadJack
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Peru357 Posts
August 02 2010 18:48 GMT
#65
On August 02 2010 12:15 Floophead_III wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2010 12:01 kNyTTyM wrote:
edit: ZvT currently feels like TvP in brood war. I went through this exact same phase when I was learning terran and losing every game to those shitty b.net protoss players. Every freaking build they did was retarded (10/15 gate, reaver drop, dt expand, dt drop, bulldog, fast carrier, fast arbiter recall, 2 base 7 gate on python). Not only were their builds ridiculously strong but their standard units were freaking crazy. LoL I drop zealot on mine and tank explodes. The list goes on and the variations (putting two together ala 2 base reaver -> carrier) was even more deadly. I know how this feels all to well and we'll get past it soon.


I think this is actually a pretty good comparison. I don't feel like ZvT at high level is imbalanced at all, with the exception of hugely terran favored maps like LT or Kulas. Zerg however requires a great knowledge of timings, compositions, much better mechanics, and excellent scouting and information processing. Terran just requires making a wall, making units and attacking.

I think we'll see zerg be considered "not as viable" or "underpowered" for a while until zerg players pass a certain skill level, similar to TvP in BW.

I do think that T needs a handful of nerfs, however. Turrets are too strong, marauders shouldn't get or benefit from stim so much, and reaper speed should be back to 100/100.


Very nicely said. Indeed, you need some time for "standard" builds to appear, and by standar I mean Builds that can deal with anything "decently".
이제동 화이팅! / http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26jjD3ro-Xk /
hofodomo
Profile Joined March 2010
United States257 Posts
August 02 2010 21:04 GMT
#66
I think I'll try out some of these builds in the OP for fun, when I can the chance.

Yesterday I played an impromptu T off-race against a decently good player who mains Z. In the end I was decisively beaten, but throughout most of the early and mid game, I was essentially improvising a build.

"Oh, a couple reapers sounds good here--let's get nitro packs. What, enough gas for factory? Why the hell not, and start making some reactor hellions. Alright, let's get a starport for a drop while I wait for hellions to finish. Ok, ok, the drop ended, what the hell should I do with the starport? I know, cloaked banshees! Wow, I have a bit of minerals gas...let's expand and get thors!"

While it certainly wasn't a polished build, TvZ was hella fun for me because I felt that even as I was constantly switching up my units, it still felt like it could work well.
Smoke weed ev'ry day.
GreatFall
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-02 22:00:48
August 02 2010 21:58 GMT
#67
HAHA, great post especially the 116 part. 'it has come to my attention that 116 of you civilians are poor at TvZ.

Nice strategies though, keep them coming. I need all the help I can get!
Inventor of the 'Burning Tide' technique to quickly getting Outmatched Crusher achivement :D
MapleLeafSirup
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany950 Posts
August 02 2010 22:08 GMT
#68
so can we have the opposite thread as well with some great ZvT openings ?
Saracen
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States5139 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 00:54:01
August 02 2010 22:13 GMT
#69
On August 03 2010 07:08 MapleLeafSirup wrote:
so can we have the opposite thread as well with some great ZvT openings ?

Sorry, this matchup doesn't work like that.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
August 03 2010 02:03 GMT
#70
On August 03 2010 07:13 Saracen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 07:08 MapleLeafSirup wrote:
so can we have the opposite thread as well with some great ZvT openings ?

Sorry, this matchup doesn't work like that.


what do you mean?
Calamity
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada161 Posts
August 03 2010 02:11 GMT
#71
On August 03 2010 11:03 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 07:13 Saracen wrote:
On August 03 2010 07:08 MapleLeafSirup wrote:
so can we have the opposite thread as well with some great ZvT openings ?

Sorry, this matchup doesn't work like that.


what do you mean?


He's trying to imply that Zergs can't come into a ZvT with a build because Zergs will be busy trying to react to the Terran's build. This is because Zergs can't really scout the Terran with their wall off. Terrans could be going hellion, 3 tank push, bio ball, MMM, drop hellions, thor drop, mech and Zerg wouldn't be able to scout it behind their wall.
Betaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
Bair
Profile Joined May 2010
United States698 Posts
August 03 2010 02:22 GMT
#72
On August 03 2010 02:23 fdsdfg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2010 02:21 Bair wrote:
On August 03 2010 01:00 Grimjim wrote:
On August 03 2010 00:40 Bair wrote:
Saracen, you are a terrible human being for spreading such knowledge, if you are human at all. I hope a baneling is waiting in your bed tonight.

In somewhat related news, does terran have a decent counter to sling/bling/muta? I go this every game and since I can transition to ultraling, it just murders terrans.


Please send me a replay/BO. ZvT makes me cry at night. I tried a few Muta builds, but every-time I ended up with 4 Mutas and a few Lings meeting a Bio ball that crushes me.


I have no set BO beyond a 14 pool 15 gas. After that it is all what I scout. Before you get mutas out, you should have a sizeable amount of speedlings and a good enough map awareness to morph some to banelings depending on the bioball approaching.

When you get mutas, do not get many. I win by using banelines/speedlings to melt their ground army, and use muta harass to delay them rebuilding it while I outmacro.


But what if they don't go bio? What if they have a good enough wall to deal with any number of potential banelings and just build up a mech army?


The only sizable pushes I have experienced early on were based completely on bio. Anything after lair tech, you should have a few options. In my style of zerg, I regularly sacrifice overlords for scouting. I put down tech buildings I do not need (roach warren/hydra den) so I can adapt on the fly, but ultimately, if sling/bling/muta doesn't do it for me, it frees up enough time for me to go ultra/ling, which decimates terran. I mean really, I am not sure what terran can do against ultra/ling that is really effective assuming equal footing.

Really, even against pure mech, their immobility and your mobility make it pretty easy to catch your opponent out of position and unaware. The hellions are the only thing that stop Sling/bling/muta from completely rolling them. You take those out, whether it be by surprise banelings rushing in where your opponent thought was safe, or sniping with mutas, it does not matter. Tank/Thor/Marine/Marauder falls to baneling/speedling, and even harder if you have a few ultras murdering all things armored.

It is gas heavy, sure. But there is nothing like putting the fear of the rolling green squishie into a terran's heart :3
In Roaches I Rust.
Turbo.Tactics
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany675 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-05 04:30:11
August 03 2010 02:30 GMT
#73
Damn you Saracen, you got me!

I read this thread as a Zergplayer with mixed feelings and then suddenly want to hate Terran all over again, although my win percentage vs. Terran is close to 70% right now. I really took it seriously for a minute or two. You hit the proud tone of the Gosuterrans' imbaness alarmingly well...



Zerg - because Browders sons hate 'em
vonterribad
Profile Joined July 2010
Australia50 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-03 03:44:44
August 03 2010 03:43 GMT
#74
On August 03 2010 00:49 koppik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2010 14:07 Saracen wrote:
Hey let's jump on the Korean Zerg bandwagon. I hear they're really tearing shit up.
But, they actually are. Well, it was more stunning yesterday when like it was 6 Zs with like 70%+ win ratios in the top ten, but it's down to five now.


4 now with T and P on the rise (just to be pedantic). Not that such a small sample size really matters.

(23% zerg over top 100 on there)
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech145
SpeCial 119
Nathanias 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 514
MaD[AoV]29
910 24
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 550
Counter-Strike
fl0m4570
Fnx 615
minikerr7
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox531
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4019
Other Games
summit1g8196
FrodaN606
C9.Mang0260
Trikslyr29
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV228
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21299
Other Games
• Shiphtur760
• imaqtpie733
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 30m
Patches Events
17h 30m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.