• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:35
CEST 20:35
KST 03:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9419 users

[G] How to play TvZ at platinum level - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
PeterDoe
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom53 Posts
May 10 2010 06:56 GMT
#81
I think there are 3 TvZ guide threads could be added as tools to deal with Zerg expo.

Fast Raven
Fast Thor
Fast Ghost
When there's a shadow, you follow the sun.When there is love, then you look for the one. And for the promises, there is the sky. And for the heavens are those who can fly.
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
May 10 2010 16:27 GMT
#82
On May 10 2010 15:56 PeterDoe wrote:
I think there are 3 TvZ guide threads could be added as tools to deal with Zerg expo.

Fast Raven
Fast Thor
Fast Ghost


All of those are pre-patch 11.

Mass ravens aren't viable anymore I think, due to NP affecting air units now.

1 thor push may work, but due to thor changes, I won't be convinced until I see some patch 11 replays showing it working (at least 3 at plat level)

nuke rush could also still be viable, I may add that to the mid-game/late-game section, it's not really an opening (after reading the post, I see that the build opens with fast hellions).
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
GoodCat1
Profile Joined May 2009
Israel266 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-10 16:46:50
May 10 2010 16:42 GMT
#83
if zerg FE and going for hydras you can roll him with a sexy 2fact push with 3 tanks 4hellions and marines from rax with reactor

even if he goes mutas you'll be able to take his nat with this push and build thors/turrets at ur base
ZerO FAN~!~!~!
GoodCat1
Profile Joined May 2009
Israel266 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-10 16:46:03
May 10 2010 16:45 GMT
#84
double
ZerO FAN~!~!~!
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-10 17:23:58
May 10 2010 17:23 GMT
#85
latest update: added 1 base reapers to the openings section

On May 11 2010 01:42 GoodCat1 wrote:
if zerg FE and going for hydras you can roll him with a sexy 2fact push with 3 tanks 4hellions and marines from rax with reactor

even if he goes mutas you'll be able to take his nat with this push and build thors/turrets at ur base


I'll need more than 2 sentences.

At the very least provide the BO and 3 or more platinum level replays showing this build working.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
ymirheim
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden300 Posts
May 11 2010 20:50 GMT
#86
What are other terrans experience in TvZ in games that go on into macro games? I have lost a stunning 100% of my TvZ games that has gone beyond 15 minutes. Literally, if I don't kill the first expansion of the zerg with a timing push at 10 minutes then I loose, no matter what I do. My macro mechanics are just fine as I win all other matchups in long macro games but against zerg I just get mauled. Its not even close.
The only thing you should feel when you shoot someone... is the recoil
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-11 20:57:05
May 11 2010 20:54 GMT
#87
On May 12 2010 05:50 ymirheim wrote:
What are other terrans experience in TvZ in games that go on into macro games? I have lost a stunning 100% of my TvZ games that has gone beyond 15 minutes. Literally, if I don't kill the first expansion of the zerg with a timing push at 10 minutes then I loose, no matter what I do. My macro mechanics are just fine as I win all other matchups in long macro games but against zerg I just get mauled. Its not even close.



1: Are you expanding fast [like after 2 hellions] or else doing significant damage to justify delaying your expansion?
2: Are you keeping up close enough in the worker count throughout the game?
3: Are you taking a fast third base if you think he can't attack you but you don't want to commit to a push?
4: What unit composition are you having trouble with? Consider using more tanks and more marines in your mix.
5: Are you using medivacs during your push vs a mass expo zerg?

TvZ right now I find VERY fair, even the so called imba broodlords I think are easily stopped with ghost//viking. [Snipe!] Right now I'm going for marauder/tank/marine/medivac against a baneling or hydra heavy combo, adding thors and a second fact and go marauder/thor/marine/tank against muta/ling/baneling. Ravens I get when I went banshees early they're awesome. Ghosts i get vs infestors or broodlords. I tend to expand quite a lot, as 2 base aggression is a bit SC:BW =p
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-11 21:06:50
May 11 2010 21:05 GMT
#88
Mass ravens aren't viable anymore I think, due to NP affecting air units now.


I don' t think this is true. Raven's have 3 range on their PDD and the PDD has a range of 8. That would mean a raven can be up to 11 units away from the enemy and drop the PDD in battle and have it still affect the enemy. Infestor's 9 range on NP shouldn't be enough to hit the raven. You just have to be more protective of the raven now. As for harassing, the early ravens come out faster than infestors with NP since NP is researched. The infestors also need the 100 energy compared to 50 before meaning they will have to have been out for a while as well.
Logo
BlasiuS
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States2405 Posts
May 11 2010 21:12 GMT
#89
On May 12 2010 06:05 Logo wrote:
Show nested quote +
Mass ravens aren't viable anymore I think, due to NP affecting air units now.


I don' t think this is true. Raven's have 3 range on their PDD and the PDD has a range of 8. That would mean a raven can be up to 11 units away from the enemy and drop the PDD in battle and have it still affect the enemy. Infestor's 9 range on NP shouldn't be enough to hit the raven. You just have to be more protective of the raven now. As for harassing, the early ravens come out faster than infestors with NP since NP is researched. The infestors also need the 100 energy compared to 50 before meaning they will have to have been out for a while as well.


As far as I'm aware, massing ravens just for PDD isn't a very viable strategy. But if you can provide a solid BO and at least 3 plat level replays (or some replays of top players using it) I'll add it to the guide.
next week on Everybody Loves HypnoToad:
Logo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States7542 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-11 21:18:26
May 11 2010 21:16 GMT
#90
On May 12 2010 06:12 BlasiuS wrote:
As far as I'm aware, massing ravens just for PDD isn't a very viable strategy. But if you can provide a solid BO and at least 3 plat level replays (or some replays of top players using it) I'll add it to the guide.


I didn't mean to imply that, I was just saying that if the raven rushing WAS viable then I don't see how the changes would affect it's viability. Ravens can be NPed now, but it's harder to get NP out and the range of ravens makes them still usable in battle even if the enemy has NP. I'd still want patch 11 replays before considering it as a solid strat, it's just I don't think it's really been affected.
Logo
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
May 11 2010 21:42 GMT
#91
I'd like to note that the changes to the Thor in patch 11, like some just assume, aren't strictly a nerf. In fact in some ways they got better so thor pushing is still very viable.
Their DPS is the same but they shoot 3 times in the same time as 2 shots before. Against hydra's they gotten quite worse as they used to 1 shot them but 2 shot them now, with upgrades they almost 1 shot them though so any splash from a hellion or so will kill em. Against zerglings they are better as they just kill them quicker now for what it matters.
Against roaches they also got better actually, first they 2 shotted them now they 3 shoot them in the same time. With upgrades however they almost 2 shot them so if any splash already hit the roaches which is very common with siege tanks & hellions they will kill them faster as they will overkill much less.
The DPS with upgrades also increased for thors as they went from 45(+3 per upg) to 30(+3 per upg). So all in all the thor is still very good against zerg, it got worse as a dropping tool but does the same if not better in most battle's. The damage against armored air got a bit worse but the broodlord also got weaker so that more then evens out..
imsoniac
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada14 Posts
May 11 2010 22:09 GMT
#92
Thanks for the information, I was really boggled what to do TvZ, kind of winging it at my lower level of play
Sometimes monkeys fall out of trees
ymirheim
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden300 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-12 01:18:16
May 12 2010 01:17 GMT
#93
On May 12 2010 05:54 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 05:50 ymirheim wrote:
What are other terrans experience in TvZ in games that go on into macro games? I have lost a stunning 100% of my TvZ games that has gone beyond 15 minutes. Literally, if I don't kill the first expansion of the zerg with a timing push at 10 minutes then I loose, no matter what I do. My macro mechanics are just fine as I win all other matchups in long macro games but against zerg I just get mauled. Its not even close.



1: Are you expanding fast [like after 2 hellions] or else doing significant damage to justify delaying your expansion?
2: Are you keeping up close enough in the worker count throughout the game?
3: Are you taking a fast third base if you think he can't attack you but you don't want to commit to a push?
4: What unit composition are you having trouble with? Consider using more tanks and more marines in your mix.
5: Are you using medivacs during your push vs a mass expo zerg?

TvZ right now I find VERY fair, even the so called imba broodlords I think are easily stopped with ghost//viking. [Snipe!] Right now I'm going for marauder/tank/marine/medivac against a baneling or hydra heavy combo, adding thors and a second fact and go marauder/thor/marine/tank against muta/ling/baneling. Ravens I get when I went banshees early they're awesome. Ghosts i get vs infestors or broodlords. I tend to expand quite a lot, as 2 base aggression is a bit SC:BW =p


Thanks This is precisely what I need, someone to throw questions out there that I might not be considering due to getting too frustrated over my loosing streak. I actually do use tanks and I think they are great in TvZ too although perhaps I need to tweak my ratio, I feel like I am getting the tanks too late and perhaps too few. I open hellion/marauder and then add marines, tanks and medivacs on my first expansion but I keep making hellions from one factory still while making tanks from one. Perhaps I actually need to chill on the hellions after early game unless the zerg is still going with banelings/zerglings. Now that I think of it I usually end up loosing when the zerg composition is mainly pure roach/hydralisk. So if I am facing that kind of composition I should probably swap addons and push tanks from two factories instead of just one.

I'll also consider pushing for a third sooner, I am struggling with convincing my brain to not be too satisfied with two bases.
The only thing you should feel when you shoot someone... is the recoil
Meta
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States6228 Posts
May 13 2010 05:27 GMT
#94
I'm bumping this to throw in my experiences in this matchup.

I definitely think this is the hardest matchup to play, as terran. You have to be on your toes about SO MUCH. You must not let them pump drones, you must out-expand them, you must apply pressure. It just requires so much. It's so hard to out-macro them when they take an early third. It's hard to apply pressure against roaches with anything short of stimmed MMM and tanks. Roach/hydra requires such little unit diversity and is so good against so many army compositions.

I haven't won a tvz in days. In fact, since the last reset, I've probably only won about 15% of my games vs zerg (I'm about 1500 plat, right now). I've lost games versus zerg where my initial hellion harass has killed 10+ drones.

I lost one game that I got pressured early by roaches, waited to push out and deal with it till I got my first banshee, and expanded. There was a window in that game of about 30 seconds where I had to attack, but I missed it and let him get away with making 15 drones at once.

Although I read through the OP in this thread twice I'm still having trouble. I've got a lot of holes in my game I'm looking to patch up, but I just want to find a "standard" to perfect. I think the healthiest composition is MMM with tanks and thors depending on if they get mutas. I honestly think the best opening is fast expanding. Like, before your factory, behind your wall. Even then, I lose if I don't do economic damage before they hit lair. After hydras get out it's just so hard to kill drones.

I've also been experimenting with point defense drone, but I don't think it's as clutch as in the other two matchups. I think I might try throwing ghosts in for snipe and nukes.

Anyway, that's it for my rant. I think ultra-expanding is what I'm going to try next, after reading a bit more through this thread.
good vibes only
mols0n
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada388 Posts
May 13 2010 05:59 GMT
#95
Not sure but this is one of my favorite matches. I rarely loose to zerg(or protoss for that matter). I'm around 1400+ plat. I open up with 8 racks, 9 ref. reaper harass, transition into helions and then to m&m, thors and/or siege tanks.
TrialanError
Profile Joined April 2010
United States41 Posts
May 13 2010 06:21 GMT
#96
could you break something like this down for zerg, against terran xD
Mnijykmirl
Profile Joined February 2010
United States299 Posts
May 13 2010 19:56 GMT
#97
I definitely think this is the hardest matchup to play, as terran


I feel the opposite. TvP is way way way way way more difficult. Even TvT I think challenges more for scouting and micro and tech than TvZ.

What are other terrans experience in TvZ in games that go on into macro games? I have lost a stunning 100% of my TvZ games that has gone beyond 15 minutes. Literally, if I don't kill the first expansion of the zerg with a timing push at 10 minutes then I loose, no matter what I do. My macro mechanics are just fine as I win all other matchups in long macro games but against zerg I just get mauled. Its not even close.


Not using any mech play? It can take zerg in like a 1:2 resources lost ratio. And mech is one of those unit compositions that scales extremely well as it is a lot of splash and high damage attacks that get big bonuses from +1 upgrades.
dicember
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States50 Posts
May 13 2010 20:46 GMT
#98
On May 01 2010 07:21 Smodi wrote:
A good overview for sure. I'd like to add a couple things to your overview of the 3 rax MM build, however, as it is by far my favorite build in tvz-I've yet to lose to zerg at platinum using this build every time.

I do the exact same thing up to 15, unsurprisingly, but from there this is what i do differently-

16 bay+reactor on rax
18 rax (tech lab asap)
20/21 rax

Add a reactor to the 2nd rax once you've started research on both +1 weapons AND combat shields. Marauders can start immediately off the 18 rax. From there, build until +1 and shields are done and push out (this roughly occurs at lots of marines/3-4 marauders).

So what are the major benefits to this instead of the reactor/lab/lab build you described? Mainly, this build is ready to hit at the same time as the build you outlined, but with significantly more damage output due to +1 and a significantly larger rine count. With +1 and combat shields 2 marines are a good deal better than 1 marauder-they simply tear through lings and drone pulls, which is a legitimate concern going reactor/lab/lab. The last thing I like about the build is that the marauders are really only there as a meatshield as opposed to damage output, meaning it ought to be resilient to possible marauder nerfs.

The major con to this build is vs a heavy roach build-but with +1 and combat shields, marines still do admirably. Additionally, proper scouting can spot a roach build before the 2nd reactor and switch accordingly (research stims instead of combat shields in this situation, as a heavy marauder force doesn't particularly benefit from shields). Finally, if the zerg player has not properly scouted they will often try to roach rush into this build and be wiped at your base easily (at which point your counter-push after upgrades will handily defeat them).

Vs builds in general-

+ Show Spoiler +

Any FE build
As you already mentioned, this build is tailor made for punishing fe. It's highly unlikely they'll have the numbers to stop your push, and you will simply walk through to their base.

Baneling Bust

This is, unsurprisingly, a concern for most terran builds. Using this build makes a strong wall-in more complicated (as all your rax need addons), but still entirely doable. One option is to use your ebay as a part of the wall if you think a bust is coming-this will show your hand earlier than you'd like, so only do this if you're positive they're going for an early bust. I generally have ebay-rax-depot backed up by addon/depot for my wall if i think a bust is coming. Additionally, simply placing a marauder in front of your depot will help to soak the baneling damage and maintain your wall (smart zerg will scout this beforehand and send lings in first, so proper scouting on your part to get the marauder to safety is paramount). Assuming you beat the first rush, repair your wall and continue building into your push as normal. The second key stage comes when you actually get to their base-they will likely have additional banelings after seeing your build. The easiest way to deal with this is to simply sit your marauders and pull your marines as soon as the he makes a move with his banelings. Your marauders are probably boned, but the marines are the linchpin of the damage anyway, as they will easily clean up any speedlings coming in after the banelings.

Roach builds
I already went over this previously, but the main things to note are, once again, proper scouting and switching to lab/lab/reactor-though even reactor/lab/reactor will often beat roaches.

Muta rush
This is a fairly common build i see stemming from fe builds, so it's worth mentioning. Essentially, they'll hit your min line with mutas right around the time your ball hits their expo. Fortunately, you already have an ebay and will have the excess minerals for a couple turrets before you're ready to push anyway. Furthermore, your ball will clear their base MUCH faster than their mutas will clear yours, so simply pull your scvs to your production and let the building marines fend off their mutas until their base is dead.


A couple replays for reference-

+ Show Spoiler +

Fair warning-My main rts game before sc2 was company of heroes, so sometimes my micro/spotting is less than stellar. Also fair warning, Even with that handicap I haven't lost to zerg in a long time :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jmdmyizokkn/FE punish.SC2Replay
Here is a fairly standard example of the zerg fe.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zozmw4nj2zl/Roach rush.SC2Replay
Here's a roach rush that is quickly turned into a rout for the zerg player.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tvztdxdgyzu
1 base speedlings (and a haphazard attempt to get spinecrawlers), fairly easily destroyed.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tttijxmjtqh/Roaches.SC2Replay
Roaches, again, but no rush (notice i fail to scout them here and stick to marines, AND let him get a lot of free damage from his ledge, but STILL push him to outside his base and simply outproduce him to win).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lxzzeztnymo/BanelingBust.SC2Replay
Here's a recent baneling game-notice i am lazy and fail to full repair my wall, so a second bust manages to kill a rax and severely hurt my push timing. Even so, I'm able to pressure him enough to get siege out and ultimately push to win (even after a poor comsat to spot his hydras at the xel'naga).


As a zerg player, it really depends on the map.

If overlord can get sight of your 2 geisers without getting shot down, that is a huge advantage to zerg because we can pretty much extrapolate what build you are going just by seeing when you get your gasses.
dicember
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States50 Posts
May 13 2010 20:49 GMT
#99
On May 12 2010 10:17 ymirheim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 12 2010 05:54 Slayer91 wrote:
On May 12 2010 05:50 ymirheim wrote:
What are other terrans experience in TvZ in games that go on into macro games? I have lost a stunning 100% of my TvZ games that has gone beyond 15 minutes. Literally, if I don't kill the first expansion of the zerg with a timing push at 10 minutes then I loose, no matter what I do. My macro mechanics are just fine as I win all other matchups in long macro games but against zerg I just get mauled. Its not even close.



1: Are you expanding fast [like after 2 hellions] or else doing significant damage to justify delaying your expansion?
2: Are you keeping up close enough in the worker count throughout the game?
3: Are you taking a fast third base if you think he can't attack you but you don't want to commit to a push?
4: What unit composition are you having trouble with? Consider using more tanks and more marines in your mix.
5: Are you using medivacs during your push vs a mass expo zerg?

TvZ right now I find VERY fair, even the so called imba broodlords I think are easily stopped with ghost//viking. [Snipe!] Right now I'm going for marauder/tank/marine/medivac against a baneling or hydra heavy combo, adding thors and a second fact and go marauder/thor/marine/tank against muta/ling/baneling. Ravens I get when I went banshees early they're awesome. Ghosts i get vs infestors or broodlords. I tend to expand quite a lot, as 2 base aggression is a bit SC:BW =p


Thanks This is precisely what I need, someone to throw questions out there that I might not be considering due to getting too frustrated over my loosing streak. I actually do use tanks and I think they are great in TvZ too although perhaps I need to tweak my ratio, I feel like I am getting the tanks too late and perhaps too few. I open hellion/marauder and then add marines, tanks and medivacs on my first expansion but I keep making hellions from one factory still while making tanks from one. Perhaps I actually need to chill on the hellions after early game unless the zerg is still going with banelings/zerglings. Now that I think of it I usually end up loosing when the zerg composition is mainly pure roach/hydralisk. So if I am facing that kind of composition I should probably swap addons and push tanks from two factories instead of just one.

I'll also consider pushing for a third sooner, I am struggling with convincing my brain to not be too satisfied with two bases.


you need to keep up the pressure to prevent zerg from using all his larvae for drones.
dicember
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States50 Posts
May 13 2010 20:53 GMT
#100
On May 13 2010 14:27 Meta wrote:
I'm bumping this to throw in my experiences in this matchup.

I definitely think this is the hardest matchup to play, as terran. You have to be on your toes about SO MUCH. You must not let them pump drones, you must out-expand them, you must apply pressure. It just requires so much. It's so hard to out-macro them when they take an early third. It's hard to apply pressure against roaches with anything short of stimmed MMM and tanks. Roach/hydra requires such little unit diversity and is so good against so many army compositions.

I haven't won a tvz in days. In fact, since the last reset, I've probably only won about 15% of my games vs zerg (I'm about 1500 plat, right now). I've lost games versus zerg where my initial hellion harass has killed 10+ drones.

I lost one game that I got pressured early by roaches, waited to push out and deal with it till I got my first banshee, and expanded. There was a window in that game of about 30 seconds where I had to attack, but I missed it and let him get away with making 15 drones at once.

Although I read through the OP in this thread twice I'm still having trouble. I've got a lot of holes in my game I'm looking to patch up, but I just want to find a "standard" to perfect. I think the healthiest composition is MMM with tanks and thors depending on if they get mutas. I honestly think the best opening is fast expanding. Like, before your factory, behind your wall. Even then, I lose if I don't do economic damage before they hit lair. After hydras get out it's just so hard to kill drones.

I've also been experimenting with point defense drone, but I don't think it's as clutch as in the other two matchups. I think I might try throwing ghosts in for snipe and nukes.

Anyway, that's it for my rant. I think ultra-expanding is what I'm going to try next, after reading a bit more through this thread.


as a zerg, i gotta say that planetary fortress is so hard to deal with with any sort of ground army. You can just get so many scvs to repair, and before i can do enough damage, your ground army will be there to wipe up my battered remains. terran players should stop being so obsessed about mules or whatever the other command center upgrade is. planetary fortress is almost unkillable with ground army.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 25m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 290
ProTech143
UpATreeSC 116
BRAT_OK 79
MindelVK 24
Railgan 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2170
Bisu 1078
Dewaltoss 139
Shinee 55
Trap 32
Bale 23
NaDa 23
scan(afreeca) 15
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 562
420jenkins412
Counter-Strike
fl0m4531
pashabiceps896
Fnx 642
x6flipin213
kRYSTAL_23
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3158
Liquid`Hasu493
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1735
FrodaN868
B2W.Neo270
Livibee173
C9.Mang0146
TKL 93
QueenE77
RotterdaM68
Mew2King30
JuggernautJason7
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV231
BasetradeTV186
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 12
• Adnapsc2 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3000
• TFBlade747
Other Games
• Shiphtur1317
• imaqtpie687
• WagamamaTV381
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 25m
Patches Events
21h 25m
The PondCast
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.