Published to all servers as "[HypONE] [1v1] Pyrite".
- Dimensions: 140x140
- Expansions: 16
- Rush distance: 36.5 seconds
- Unlike most maps, there is only one intended choice of 3rd base: the triangle 3rd. However, as was the case with Romanticide, it may be possible, or even preferable, to take the linear 3rd in some contexts, such as with Terran parade pushes, or Zerg playstyles which particularly emphasize forward creep spread.
- To partially compensate for the lack of a fully viable alternative 3rd base, there are 5 mineral nodes with 1800 minerals (and 3 nodes with 900 minerals) in the main base, instead of the standard 4 and 4.
- One of the forward bases has rich minerals. Instead of the standard 6 rich mineral nodes, this base has 8 nodes; however, instead of the standard 1800 or 900 minerals per node, this base only has 900 or 450 minerals per node. Evocative of the fleeting promise of fool’s gold, this base offers an even more explosive income boost than that of a standard rich mineral base, but it mines out twice as quickly.
- A pair of Xel’naga Towers help to mitigate the size of the map and search for proxies. Early on, they can have offensive applications, but especially as players expand past their 3rd base, these towers become critical in the defense of the triangle 4th and rich mineral bases.