• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:27
CEST 13:27
KST 20:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8124 users

[A] Benchmarker (BETA) - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
July 21 2014 23:23 GMT
#21
Thanks! Great feedback btw. I will definitely look at doing what you suggest in the short term to avoid the nasty parameter value crap until the thing can be properly translated.

The issue you reported already existed, but I've updated it with your information as well. You can track it at:

https://github.com/benchmarker/benchmarker/issues/232

I thought some of the reset changes I made might have fixed this one but apparently not.
NeoBlade
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany262 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-24 16:06:10
July 24 2014 16:02 GMT
#22
Is there some way to set the APM-Tracker much lower? I am not 16 (twice that age) anymore and my APM is between 20 and 30 (enough for Platinum :-) and your map is beeping all the time.

I use "-a" instead of "gl hf" on this map now.
http://youtube.com/NeoBladeSC2
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
July 24 2014 17:22 GMT
#23
On July 25 2014 01:02 NeoBlade wrote:
Is there some way to set the APM-Tracker much lower? I am not 16 (twice that age) anymore and my APM is between 20 and 30 (enough for Platinum :-) and your map is beeping all the time.

I use "-a" instead of "gl hf" on this map now.


Actually yes I almost mentioned it in my post based on watching your replay. You can click the alerts tab from the top of the main menu, and that will take you into an alert configuration menu where you can lower the APM or disable it entirely if you like. I have added this to the tips section since it seems other people have run into this as well.
NeoBlade
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany262 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-25 08:38:18
July 25 2014 08:12 GMT
#24
Ok, if I am blind I apologize.

Screenshots of all options might help. I would have looked in your first post. Like I did for "NeoMT":

[image loading]

But I will start to search it right away.

Suggestion:

"Once you have a build run-through that you are happy with, save it as a benchmark build."

=> >Once you have a build run-through that you are happy with, save it as a benchmark build. If you are Bronze you may choose to set your game speed to "Slower". Playing a perfect opening for 10 minutes is quite hard on "Faster". After you saved your build, set your game speed back to "Faster".<
http://youtube.com/NeoBladeSC2
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
July 25 2014 20:06 GMT
#25
Those are both great suggestions. I will update the OP with screen shots of config options as well as the practice technique recommendation later this afternoon.
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-27 00:32:40
July 27 2014 00:06 GMT
#26
Beta Patch #2 is now released. This patch includes:
  • Major overhaul to the Production Idle and Upgrade Delayed alerts and timers. This should clear up most of the buggy behavior people have been experiencing with misfiring timers.
  • Added new check for Upgrade Delayed alert not to fire if all eligible upgrading structures are currently busy.
  • Refactored the build start and reset triggers to reduce lag and smooth gameplay
  • Added debug timer windows to the “-debug” commands for easier debugging of erroneous alerts and failed build steps.
  • Removed unnecessary language bundles until such time as the map becomes internationalized properly (thanks NeoBlade)

https://github.com/benchmarker/benchmarker/releases/tag/v0.3
NeoBlade
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany262 Posts
July 28 2014 16:29 GMT
#27
I will test ASAP.

First post:

"it yet./s] FIXED!"

=>

"it yet.[/s] FIXED!"

http://youtube.com/NeoBladeSC2
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
July 28 2014 19:19 GMT
#28
On July 29 2014 01:29 NeoBlade wrote:

"it yet./s] FIXED!"



Hah, good catch! FIXED!
fedelists
Profile Joined August 2014
4 Posts
August 19 2014 23:20 GMT
#29
I love this map! Thank you so much.
NeoBlade
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany262 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-20 19:16:59
August 20 2014 19:09 GMT
#30
German video:

[image loading]

http://y2u.be/AWP_YAGCKfk

FilterSC 1Rax-FE with one gas using Benchmarker to demonstrate the BO.
http://youtube.com/NeoBladeSC2
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
November 02 2014 04:13 GMT
#31
Beta Patch #3 is now released! This patch includes:

  • **Major overhaul to the benchmark build tracking functionality**
  • Added "Cancel As Undo" which lets you cancel a step to remove it from your current build (this replaces the correction mechanic)
  • Added a "Build Order Tolerance Window" that lets you complete steps out of order within a small window of time/steps
  • Adding concurrency controls to prevent race conditions between simultaneous build order steps which fixes a large number of bugs.
  • Revamped the multiple unit failure timer logic so that steps should not fail due to incorrect timer expiration
  • Added tracking of first army unit step created
  • Added tracking of first detector created
  • Added the ability to disable performance feedback by hotkey (similar to hints)
  • Added a new expandable debug window for more thorough debugging instead of using chat messages.
  • Updated the Benchmark Menu to contain a new build preview window.
  • Added a bank versioning feature to prevent version compatibility issues.
  • Other minor bug fixes and assorted polish.

With this release the build order tracking and related features should be seamless and you should not notice any more odd behaviors with objective completion.
tockar
Profile Joined April 2012
51 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-08 10:53:30
November 08 2014 10:52 GMT
#32
Any chance to include an option to use LotV economy changes? New units are obviously not an option, but I'd love to try new economy with Benchmarker's easy way to reset builds.
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
November 12 2014 03:29 GMT
#33
Once they go live with a public beta of LotV I will probably release a version for that which contains all of the changes.

At this point I'm really trying to get to the 1.0 release so that I can publish it on all of the dream pool maps and in the arcade. I've got a couple of other features queued up for it that I think people will be very excited about
GuruOfReason
Profile Joined May 2014
United States1 Post
December 15 2014 02:50 GMT
#34
This is a great map and I've used it a lot. I am have a small issue with it though. When I try to set the options for the "end build at" settings I can't seem to modify the time settings with out the text boxes going nuts.

Whenever I select the contents the selection immediately cancels and I just have a cursor in the box. When I try to backspace over the existing values zeros pop up to replace the values. If I just type values they are replaced with zeros.

This happens with the minutes box and the seconds box. Every other number box on the menu works fine though.
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
December 23 2014 18:00 GMT
#35
On December 15 2014 11:50 GuruOfReason wrote:
This is a great map and I've used it a lot. I am have a small issue with it though. When I try to set the options for the "end build at" settings I can't seem to modify the time settings with out the text boxes going nuts.


Thanks!

That is a bug I've noticed that only happens on bnet (not in the map editor). The next patch will have a fix for that issue to prevent it from glitching out.
xtorn
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
4067 Posts
December 25 2014 00:42 GMT
#36
this is so very, very cool.

wouldve been nice if i could enter the build myself somewhere and benchmark that
still very nice tool
<3 things - Life | Kane | Innovation | Scarlett | Solar | MMA
NeoBlade
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Germany262 Posts
March 26 2015 14:27 GMT
#37
Sorry, I did not see your remark Xtorn.

> wouldve been nice if i could enter the build myself somewhere and benchmark that

But you can ... play your ZvT-BO for about 10:30 and then klick "SAVE". If you start the map again, you click on ZvT and afterwards on

"Practise against save build order"

you will be able to play exactly your own BO.

@Solasce:
I downloaded your map at

https://github.com/benchmarker/benchmarker

and will try to create a new map using your triggers. How should I publish it? Locked? Unlocked?

Best regards!
Neo
http://youtube.com/NeoBladeSC2
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
April 02 2015 23:36 GMT
#38
@NeoBlade
I am currently almost finished with the Beta Patch #4 which has some good new stuff in it, but I was waiting to publish it until the new map pool comes out with season 2 so that I can port things over to the new "standard" map whatever the community thinks that is.

As far as publishing, I tend to publish locked, but that is intended to make sure people know and trust the quality. To be honest, I think an even better way for you would be to contribute to the benchmarker project itself via pull requests if you have ideas you want to see included in it (a build editor for example). However, if you're just looking to publish a slightly different map and try a few new ideas out experimentally, then it doesn't matter so much to me.
Zulu23
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany132 Posts
April 03 2015 14:13 GMT
#39
Can you modify so that the player is able to select specific unit compositions from the start hy a certain time limit?

Like in 10 minutes Build 50 SCVs
8 hellions
2 banshes
16 marines
5 marauders

and measure the time it takes to get it?
Maybe save the time and do a time trial the next time he plays the map`?
Solasce
Profile Joined August 2010
United States68 Posts
April 03 2015 21:45 GMT
#40
@Zulu23

That is actually the first of the "Challenges" that I am looking to implement. However there is some pretty involved dialog editing to get that to work though in terms of defining the composition. So there are one or two big things I was trying to get pinned down first.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 684
WardiTV210
Rex92
OGKoka 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 329
Lowko304
ProTech119
Rex 92
OGKoka 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 5205
EffOrt 2291
Horang2 1180
Larva 1022
BeSt 832
Hyuk 523
ZerO 431
Stork 190
Light 172
Hyun 156
[ Show more ]
Mini 145
Zeus 143
Killer 129
Barracks 112
Rush 94
ggaemo 44
Shinee 43
ToSsGirL 42
Yoon 34
Bale 30
Sea.KH 23
Mong 19
PianO 19
Sacsri 16
Aegong 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
sorry 9
HiyA 8
Noble 7
zelot 6
Dota 2
Dendi1222
BananaSlamJamma21
League of Legends
KnowMe35
Counter-Strike
byalli947
x6flipin227
Other Games
singsing2009
olofmeister1554
XaKoH 353
crisheroes261
Sick234
Pyrionflax178
ArmadaUGS64
Mew2King46
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 7219
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream494
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN98
UltimateBattle 66
lovetv 12
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH316
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1823
Other Games
• WagamamaTV202
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 33m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.