• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:33
CEST 13:33
KST 20:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10279 users

TeamLiquid Map Contest Finalists - Page 15

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
315 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
May 22 2013 22:20 GMT
#281
On May 23 2013 07:03 chuky500 wrote:
You can argue all you want about it being bad or ugly but I consider my map layout in advance for reasons you probably don't care about (distances between bases prevent base trades, attack path is different from defense path, watch towers are used for attack instead of defense, making harassing less 1 sided and other features).

Considering I am a mapper myself and run a mapmaking team, I'm gonna go on a limb and say I do care about those things. This is what I'm talking about regarding your disconnect with the mapmaking community.

On May 23 2013 07:03 chuky500 wrote:
When Timetwister claims you can't make a bright lighting with a dark tileset, I don't consider this being leagues above my level. Skinning may be a low skill like Ironmansc says, but I know that each base must have a different set of textures and a different mineral line orientation, because it helps the players and spectators recognize where they are when the camera jumps from a place to another one. So I believe I do know what I'm talking about and I know things you don't. Yes that's experience. But if the mapping community stopped giving troll awards, backstabbing the mapper they're working with and other things you don't know but I won't mention because I've said enough..., and started listening to what other mappers have to say without calling them out the level of maps would increase.

Are you daft? There's nothing you've stated that I don't already know. What I don't know is why you have this ego complex, but acting superior with mediocre mapmaking knowledge doesn't win you any points. I'm really not sure why you're surprised the mapping community doesn't treat you well when you act like this; you and I have never had any interaction with one another in the past, but I can tell you right now that your behaviour isn't the way to go about making friends.

I'm in awe, really.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
SigmaFiE
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States333 Posts
May 22 2013 22:21 GMT
#282
To all parties involved:

Cease and desist

Sincerely,

- Sig
https://johnemerson.artstation.com/
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
May 22 2013 22:23 GMT
#283
On May 23 2013 07:21 SigmaFiE wrote:
To all parties involved:

Cease and desist

Sincerely,

- Sig

Good guy Sigma, trying to keep the peace.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-22 22:32:39
May 22 2013 22:31 GMT
#284
Chuky I've been here a lot longer than you and I don't agree with anything you've said. Nor do I think it matters how long anybody has been here.

[edit] Although I will say that your reskins look fucking awesome man.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Timetwister22
Profile Joined March 2011
United States538 Posts
May 22 2013 22:49 GMT
#285
On May 23 2013 07:03 chuky500 wrote:
When Timetwister claims you can't make a bright lighting with a dark tileset, I don't consider this being leagues above my level.


I made no such claims, nor does really any of your post make any sense...
Former ESV Mapmaker | @Timetwister22
chuky500
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
France473 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-22 23:20:13
May 22 2013 23:12 GMT
#286
On May 21 2013 02:57 Timetwister22 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2013 02:48 saltis wrote:
Uh, i really sick of dark maps. Even if it would be of a great design i still wouldn't vote for a dark maps. They are simply unattractive, depressive and unplayable at sunny day.
p.s. I am just a casual player and dare to speak in the name of newbies and for the sake of SC2 popularity.


Sadly, there are only a few non dark tile sets. Sc2 is just a dark game


edit : iamcaustic like I said in the post it wasn't directed at you, so thanks for calling me daft but it was a reply to that :

On May 23 2013 04:23 Timetwister22 wrote:
I would just like to say to everyone reading Chuky's comments, that I don't think he has any idea what he is talking about, so please do not take him seriously and ignore his negativity.

[...]
As a result of these factors, I do not think he has any idea what he is talking about, and is just looking to start shit. Thus, I once again please ask anyone reading his comments to not take him seriously and to ignore his negativity.



The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-22 23:13:31
May 22 2013 23:13 GMT
#287
I think he means this
On May 21 2013 02:57 Timetwister22 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2013 02:48 saltis wrote:
Uh, i really sick of dark maps. Even if it would be of a great design i still wouldn't vote for a dark maps. They are simply unattractive, depressive and unplayable at sunny day.
p.s. I am just a casual player and dare to speak in the name of newbies and for the sake of SC2 popularity.


Sadly, there are only a few non dark tile sets. Sc2 is just a dark game, and that's just how it goes. But saying you wouldn't pick a map cause of aesthetics is horrendous. Gameplay first man. Always gameplay first.

but I'm probably way off.

edit: apparently not lol
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Timetwister22
Profile Joined March 2011
United States538 Posts
May 22 2013 23:20 GMT
#288
On May 23 2013 08:12 chuky500 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2013 02:57 Timetwister22 wrote:
On May 21 2013 02:48 saltis wrote:
Uh, i really sick of dark maps. Even if it would be of a great design i still wouldn't vote for a dark maps. They are simply unattractive, depressive and unplayable at sunny day.
p.s. I am just a casual player and dare to speak in the name of newbies and for the sake of SC2 popularity.


Sadly, there are only a few non dark tile sets. Sc2 is just a dark game


So where does that say you can't have bright lighting with dark tilesets? That just says sc2 has a lot of dark tilesets, which it does. No where in there am I claiming that you're physically unable to change the lighting of a tileset.
Former ESV Mapmaker | @Timetwister22
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
May 22 2013 23:27 GMT
#289
On May 23 2013 08:12 chuky500 wrote:
edit : iamcaustic like I said in the post it wasn't directed at you, so thanks for calling me daft but it was a reply to that :

Show nested quote +
On May 23 2013 04:23 Timetwister22 wrote:
I would just like to say to everyone reading Chuky's comments, that I don't think he has any idea what he is talking about, so please do not take him seriously and ignore his negativity.

[...]
As a result of these factors, I do not think he has any idea what he is talking about, and is just looking to start shit. Thus, I once again please ask anyone reading his comments to not take him seriously and to ignore his negativity.


You really need to work on the context of your posts, then. Nevertheless I'll stand by those statements I made even if they're directed at Timetwister. You have displayed no examples or evidence of you having greater mapmaking knowledge than him, or knowing things he doesn't.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
MarlieChurphy
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
United States2065 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-23 06:12:18
May 23 2013 06:09 GMT
#290
On May 21 2013 19:39 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2013 19:01 MarlieChurphy wrote:
A good number of the maps just look like slightly varied clones of ladder/tourney maps we already have/had /: I guess the scene isn't quite ready for concept maps yet as the game is still developing with meta and patches changing stuff. I should have worked on my 3 player map concept considering there were none that made it in.

TPW Khalim's Will, TPW Koprulu seem decent. TPW Strangewood Mire might be interesting. Some of these maps need Higher quality pics, hard to tell what's going on; DF Yeonsu.


As far as team maps go, I hate it when the linear progression of bases is nonexistent so any map that has 1 natural or oddly placed bases is automatic fail. Essentially, team maps should just be created the same was as 1v1 maps with minor tweaks for allied play. I am interested to see the team play maps where the ally isn't so close or shared as well, never get to see or play those being that all the ladder maps are like that.

TPW Mystic is awesome. TPW Drifas Throne is interesting. TPW Sandlands seems ok, i wish there was just 1 shared entrance and then the nats having 2 separate paths into them (one being like a bifrost backdoor path or something).

CruX Breeze is cool if it is what I think it is, but it's kind of confusing looking.


PS- I don't know what TPW is, and I didn't choose the maps I liked based on names/makers, but if they are a team, they seem to be knowing what they are doing. :cheers:


oh god, how did you think it would be a good idea to post in plexa's thread


After posting this, I was listening to SotG 94 with David Kim, and he mentioned that a lot of the issues with balance or complaints about how at the end of WoL some of the builds and the game was sort of stagnated was primarily to do with the fact that all the maps were built to play out a certain way and were perhaps too boring/balanced. He said that it wouldn't be a bad idea to have some specifically questionable maps that may be imbalanced in order to inject the game with some excitement/timings (or whatever you want to call it). Coincidentally, this is exactly what we started seeing with BW with all the custom editors and weird concepts and gimmicks they were trying out.

Ad hominem? Bring a real criticism next time.
RIP SPOR 11/24/11 NEVAR FORGET
Belha
Profile Joined December 2010
Italy2850 Posts
May 23 2013 07:24 GMT
#291
I like most the maps except those backdoor rock ones. Imo those are pretty Z friendly maps.
Still I agree that we need some revamp in the map style. Like the kespa crazy style of maps.
Chicken gank op
LoveTool
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden143 Posts
May 23 2013 08:30 GMT
#292
Maybe you guys can take this drama elsewhere? I came to this thread for the maps. So lets stay on topic, shall we?

Not trying to offend anyone. Live and let live. If map forum posts upset you, I recommend taking a walk and some fresh air.

Now, back to these awesome maps...
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-23 11:58:51
May 23 2013 11:57 GMT
#293
On May 23 2013 16:24 Belha wrote:
I like most the maps except those backdoor rock ones. Imo those are pretty Z friendly maps.
Still I agree that we need some revamp in the map style. Like the kespa crazy style of maps.


Well some of them are based off of Kespa maps and atleast Electric Circuit is based heavily off a Kespa map from BW, not that that's a bad thing as it was one of my favourite maps.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
May 23 2013 15:36 GMT
#294
I'm guessing it's too much to ask for any of them to be unlocked so we can open them in the editor?
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
May 23 2013 15:57 GMT
#295
On May 24 2013 00:36 turtles wrote:
I'm guessing it's too much to ask for any of them to be unlocked so we can open them in the editor?


i have no idea why you would want to do so, but i guess if you ask the authors for the file and have a good reason to have them here is a chance you get your hands on them. tbh i never give files "away" for no reason. results may vary from map maker to map maker.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-23 16:06:02
May 23 2013 16:05 GMT
#296
On May 24 2013 00:36 turtles wrote:
I'm guessing it's too much to ask for any of them to be unlocked so we can open them in the editor?


Yeonsu is unlocked on every server (not TLMC upload, but DF one).

Personally I don't care who has my map files, people know who made the map
Retired Mapmaker™
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
May 23 2013 16:21 GMT
#297
On May 24 2013 00:57 Samro225am wrote:
i have no idea why you would want to do so, but i guess if you ask the authors for the file and have a good reason to have them here is a chance you get your hands on them. tbh i never give files "away" for no reason. results may vary from map maker to map maker.


For use with training tools. I am about to release a build order tester / practice mod (I've been saying this for months but I'm telling the truth this time!). I finished a tutorial video a few days ago.


So it would make a cool tie in to release it on these maps. That way I can have a bunch of people help test it and find any bugs and these maps can get a more rigorous testing. Win-win for every one.

Unfortunately the map making teams are either korean or don't have any contact info

I'm sure there are other modders who would like to get their greasy paws mods onto these maps as well.
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
May 23 2013 17:11 GMT
#298
On May 24 2013 01:21 turtles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 24 2013 00:57 Samro225am wrote:
i have no idea why you would want to do so, but i guess if you ask the authors for the file and have a good reason to have them here is a chance you get your hands on them. tbh i never give files "away" for no reason. results may vary from map maker to map maker.


For use with training tools. I am about to release a build order tester / practice mod (I've been saying this for months but I'm telling the truth this time!). I finished a tutorial video a few days ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY09ub8jeKs

So it would make a cool tie in to release it on these maps. That way I can have a bunch of people help test it and find any bugs and these maps can get a more rigorous testing. Win-win for every one.

Unfortunately the map making teams are either korean or don't have any contact info

I'm sure there are other modders who would like to get their greasy paws mods onto these maps as well.

You should be able to find us at:

http://www.theplanetaryworkshop.com/
info@theplanetaryworkshop.com
TL PM one of the individual TPW mapmakers

http://dreamforgemaps.net/
http://dreamforgemaps.net/contact-us/
TL PM one of the individual DF mapmakers

http://www.galaxyesports.com/
info@galaxyesports.com
TL PM one of the individual Galaxy mapmakers

ESV... uh... PM one of the ESV mapmakers I suppose. Can't seem to find any other contact info for them.

Hope that helps you out!
Twitter: @iamcaustic
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
May 23 2013 17:24 GMT
#299
eTcetRa, thanks. I put SALT on Yeonsu so I can play around with it.

It's published to "custom games" on Bnet NA if you want to try.
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
May 23 2013 17:29 GMT
#300
On May 24 2013 02:11 iamcaustic wrote:

You should be able to find us at:

http://www.theplanetaryworkshop.com/
info@theplanetaryworkshop.com
TL PM one of the individual TPW mapmakers

http://dreamforgemaps.net/
http://dreamforgemaps.net/contact-us/
TL PM one of the individual DF mapmakers

http://www.galaxyesports.com/
info@galaxyesports.com
TL PM one of the individual Galaxy mapmakers

ESV... uh... PM one of the ESV mapmakers I suppose. Can't seem to find any other contact info for them.

Hope that helps you out!


Thanks! I'll make a few requests
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Snow 55
Mong 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
Free 13
JulyZerg 13
sorry 13
Yoon 11
Terrorterran 10
HiyA 8
zelot 8
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
qojqva1077
Dendi626
Gorgc417
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1855
crisheroes723
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2032
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT313
DeMusliM203
Mew2King127
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS100
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade367
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 27m
Stellar Fest
1h 27m
OSC
12h 27m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.