• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:41
CEST 00:41
KST 07:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9273 users

Map Jam & Challenge #2 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
December 08 2012 15:06 GMT
#21
"Hostile units"... Well the maps will defiantly be unique.
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 15:35:32
December 08 2012 15:29 GMT
#22
Just a heads up to anyone who might not have played around with this kind of thing before.

To make neutral units hostile you have to do 2 things:

1) go to the properties of the unit by pressing enter when it's selected and change "Player" from (0) Neutral to (15) Hostile
2) go to Player Properties, click on 15 Hostile, change AI from (Default) to Computer

If you don't do that then they won't actually attack.

by the way, I'm loving whoever put in the hostile unit idea (my submission was "116x116 or less" :-P could have been cool but probably a bit restrictive)
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
December 08 2012 16:21 GMT
#23
While hostile units might sound pretty wicked at first, mind that structures do count as units as well, and that hostile units not necessarily have an attack. I am sure the topic can - with some creative use - make for some interesting mechanics.

On December 09 2012 00:29 Fatam wrote:
Just a heads up to anyone who might not have played around with this kind of thing before.

To make neutral units hostile you have to do 2 things:

1) go to the properties of the unit by pressing enter when it's selected and change "Player" from (0) Neutral to (15) Hostile
2) go to Player Properties, click on 15 Hostile, change AI from (Default) to Computer

If you don't do that then they won't actually attack.

by the way, I'm loving whoever put in the hostile unit idea (my submission was "116x116 or less" :-P could have been cool but probably a bit restrictive)


Added your tip to the topic.
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
Leviance
Profile Joined November 2009
Germany4079 Posts
December 08 2012 17:34 GMT
#24
Hostile units :D awesome. Hoping for some Brutalisks and a Leviathan
"Blizzard is never gonna nerf Terran because of those American and European fuck" - Korean Netizen
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
December 08 2012 17:42 GMT
#25
Does the map still have to have the Melee Tag? i.e can I use triggers to control the hostile units/use campaign units?
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 18:25:46
December 08 2012 18:25 GMT
#26
On December 09 2012 02:42 Coppermantis wrote:
Does the map still have to have the Melee Tag? i.e can I use triggers to control the hostile units/use campaign units?

Melee tag doesn't exist anymore afaik? You can do anything you want really in a "melee" map and still use it as such. But more importantly, I say, go for it! I want to see what you do. ;D



And I must say I'm very happy mine got chosen. ;D
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Ruinsteel
Profile Joined April 2012
United States43 Posts
December 08 2012 19:22 GMT
#27
Haven't made a map in a while, so I think I'm going to give this a try! Looks like something that will be lots of fun! ^_^
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
December 08 2012 19:45 GMT
#28
Terraformation
[image loading]
The neatral unit is a seige tank that block a little cardinal ramp to the natural. When aggro'd it may unseige and chase, but it will return to it's spot.
The player it protects need not worry. It doesn't have vision of the high ground.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
SC2 Mapmaker
iHirO
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1381 Posts
December 08 2012 20:24 GMT
#29
A map with close by air spawns but neutral spores between them would be pretty interesting.
GraphicsThis is for all you new people: I only have one rule. Everyone fights. No one quits. You don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself. You get me?
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
December 08 2012 20:37 GMT
#30
On December 09 2012 05:24 iHirO wrote:
A map with close by air spawns but neutral spores between them would be pretty interesting.

So do one yourself! And it sounds cool as well!
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
December 08 2012 22:22 GMT
#31
On December 09 2012 05:24 iHirO wrote:
A map with close by air spawns but neutral spores between them would be pretty interesting.

Yeah man make it happen! =D


By the way, what's the best way to reveal hostile units at the beginning of the game? Should I just use triggers? Is there a setting elsewhere that reveals stuff at the beginning of the game (like having neutral depots revealed)?
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Ruinsteel
Profile Joined April 2012
United States43 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 23:34:10
December 08 2012 23:21 GMT
#32
Well, I finished my map. I didn't use any doodads because I have other things to do today, but I did do some simple texturing! Hope you guys like it, its my first 4-player map, so I'm not sure I made enough chokes, but I made sure to add hostile units in the form of hostile bases. The golds have a PF, 3 MTs, 4 siege tanks, 8 marines, 2 marauders, and 2 medivacs. The 2 center bases have the same thing, minus the siege tanks. Watch towers, if held by 1 player, see almost every attack path (destroying rocks near gold base will not be seen). Not sure how it will play out, but I had fun making it, and that's what counts! :D

[image loading]

Not bad for ~4 hrs work if you ask me =)

Edit: Map name is Korhal Plaza on NA. Bounds are 156x156 (playable).
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 08:59:22
December 09 2012 00:52 GMT
#33
Broken Paradise
152x152 - published: NA
[image loading]

Hostile units include marines positioned next to the North and South watchtowers, as well as hostile Missile Turrets on the island expansions.

+ Show Spoiler [details] +
[image loading]
Hostile marines, chillin' out in formation.
[image loading]
A ramp mostly blocked by huge debris, functioning like a choke at first, but can be massively opened up later.
[image loading]
Sight radii of the central Xel'Naga towers.
[image loading]
Two hostile Turrets act to control the airspace between the main bases, but also block the expansion.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Gfire
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1699 Posts
December 09 2012 01:24 GMT
#34
Here's mine:

[image loading]

Published on NA.

You've basically got groups of four photon cannons powered by warp prisms. I was also considering some sort of setup where the defender could kill the pylon/warp prism without getting in range of the cannon so they could leave it up only as long as they wanted. I was a bit concerned about rushes through the paths if you only have to fight one of the sets of cannons, so I added two more cannons to each group and now you can't put a pylon/prism in a place where you could kill and it would still power all four cannons.

Anyway, I think something using pylons which could be safely destroyed only from the inside would be pretty awesome, although I didn't end up using that.
all's fair in love and melodies
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 05:46:21
December 09 2012 03:09 GMT
#35
[image loading]

[image loading]

Published on [NA]

End of Days

This one uses hostile units (named Hybrid Indoctrinated) in two ways:

1: The 11/5 o'clock bases are protected by hostile guardians. (1 Planetary Fortress, 2 Spartan Company, 1 Loki, 1 Siege Tank w/ wall) and will make you work for your high yield resources.

2: Every 11 minutes the nydus worms in the center (which are special versions with very high health and armor) will produce an Omegalisk. This devastating enemy will patrol the middle of the map* for six minutes and then go on a suicide strike in a random direction.

Ignore the top bit, it is the behind the scenes work for the Omegalisk and is unreachable by either player.


* It can be avoided entirely by going the long way around as it only moves in a straight line across the middle

EDIT: Fog update. I like the light bluish-white better than the purple.
TheHourglass
Profile Joined November 2012
11 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 04:55:29
December 09 2012 04:19 GMT
#36
Heres mine.
a portal tribute!
Sorry, but it may take some time to upload
Typing this from my iPhone.
The map will be up by at latest 12oclock EST.
siege tanks block off the third and the sole path.
Mildly pissed that the fog doesnt work.
Wheatley Labratories
[image loading]
Ok, why isnt this working?
Save the endangered tree octopus!
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-09 05:14:10
December 09 2012 05:13 GMT
#37
I worked on this all night long while watching NASL4, needless to say it was a blast, and I am really happy from the outcome. I did not use the hostile unit aspect that much, but I always wanted to make a gold expansion blocked by cannons, so I did it

The map is uploaded to the EU as "Blue Desert Flower", I know I know, the name is not that good, but I could not think of anything better while being so tiered, maybe something will come up when I wake up. Anyways I hope the maps works out, I think I did a good job with the chokes and the open spaces.

Overview:
[image loading]

The paths to the 3rd: (each of them can be blocked with 2 2x2 buildings)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


The XNWT: (Notice that the tower barley reaches both of the close entrances to the 3rd, thus making it more rewarding to control the middle since it allows to scout for all ins, or makes them delayed a bit)
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I did not do a whole lot of doodading, but I did most of the texturing if not all I think.
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
December 09 2012 05:38 GMT
#38
Inspired by Siskos to have multiple small entrances to each base instead of one larger one, I left the center open and there is space within the base for a zerg army to surround an attacker that comes through the choke before tanks can siege the hatchery.
For hostile units, I put dark templar on any pathable ground not reachable from the rest of the map (the island bases in the corners, as well as high ground pods outside the 5th.
There are also hostile zealots at 4 of the entrances at your 5th. you can't lure them all the way to attack the natural, but you could probably set a trap with them. Otherwise they just protect one path from attack before you have to take your 5th.
There are also hostile turrets in the middle, forcing you to send overlords/medivacs through watch tower vision or all the way around on the outside until they are destroyed.
There are also neutral banelings in the area around the watchtower, which can be targeted once you have detection to allow for splash damage from units that wouldn't otherwise do splash. These areas are signified with green grass on the map.

Antagonite
[image loading]
Bounds are 160x144, so it's very large... There are 5 full bases and 2 6m1hyg bases per player
TheHourglass
Profile Joined November 2012
11 Posts
December 09 2012 06:09 GMT
#39
On December 09 2012 14:38 RFDaemoniac wrote:
Inspired by Siskos to have multiple small entrances to each base instead of one larger one, I left the center open and there is space within the base for a zerg army to surround an attacker that comes through the choke before tanks can siege the hatchery.
For hostile units, I put dark templar on any pathable ground not reachable from the rest of the map (the island bases in the corners, as well as high ground pods outside the 5th.
There are also hostile zealots at 4 of the entrances at your 5th. you can't lure them all the way to attack the natural, but you could probably set a trap with them. Otherwise they just protect one path from attack before you have to take your 5th.
There are also hostile turrets in the middle, forcing you to send overlords/medivacs through watch tower vision or all the way around on the outside until they are destroyed.
There are also neutral banelings in the area around the watchtower, which can be targeted once you have detection to allow for splash damage from units that wouldn't otherwise do splash. These areas are signified with green grass on the map.

Antagonite
[image loading]
Bounds are 160x144, so it's very large... There are 5 full bases and 2 6m1hyg bases per player

I like the lava-esqe effects at the natural.
What are they?
Save the endangered tree octopus!
TheHourglass
Profile Joined November 2012
11 Posts
December 09 2012 06:17 GMT
#40
Which reminds me: will I have time to work more on the map tomorrow? Mine still needs a bit more work.
Save the endangered tree octopus!
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 129
SpeCial 118
Vindicta 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12302
Artosis 474
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift3614
JimRising 628
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox636
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4724
Liquid`Hasu1129
Khaldor1017
Other Games
summit1g8024
shahzam510
FrodaN156
ArmadaUGS81
NeuroSwarm62
Mew2King53
ViBE50
JuggernautJason38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream64
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 11
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 27
• HerbMon 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie836
• Scarra445
• Shiphtur195
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 19m
Stellar Fest
14h 19m
OSC
23h 19m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 11h
Online Event
1d 12h
FEL
1d 17h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 18h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 20h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.