• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:26
CEST 03:26
KST 10:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8037 users

MotM ProAm - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 18 Next All
Samro225am
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany982 Posts
June 25 2012 16:53 GMT
#101
such a neat idea. i love the energy people put into this.
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
June 25 2012 17:31 GMT
#102
Ancient Temple by Scorp
Playable Bounds: 122x148
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Thread will be up after the competition.
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
June 25 2012 19:08 GMT
#103
Flash is the topicpolice
KCCO!
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
June 25 2012 19:11 GMT
#104
On June 26 2012 02:31 ScorpSCII wrote:
Ancient Temple by Scorp
Playable Bounds: 122x148
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Thread will be up after the competition.

Wait, wut. why AFTER the competition? don't you want some feedback now to help it out??? O.o


On June 26 2012 04:08 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Flash is the topicpolice

Damn right I am bro :D I should get a badge for that xD
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-25 19:33:27
June 25 2012 19:30 GMT
#105
On June 26 2012 04:11 FlaShFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 02:31 ScorpSCII wrote:
Ancient Temple by Scorp
Playable Bounds: 122x148
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Thread will be up after the competition.

Wait, wut. why AFTER the competition? don't you want some feedback now to help it out??? O.o

I think its cause it feels weird making a map thread and then maybe one of the pro's looking at the version before you get feedback and gets their impression about the unfinished map, and after that, during the picking they already have a set mind about that map, even though it might have changed alot. I know I wont publish a map threads too until I know I wont get picked for that reason (and some more) .
Coppermantis
Profile Joined June 2012
United States845 Posts
June 25 2012 19:37 GMT
#106
My first submission:

Atmospheric Spire
Made by Coppermantis
Overview: http://imgur.com/p6sDS
Playable area: 172x164

More details on this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=345497
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
June 26 2012 04:16 GMT
#107
On June 26 2012 01:36 FlaShFTW wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 01:10 Infidler wrote:
Hello, this is my map submission!

All Maps are made by me, Infidler

Abandoned Planet
132 x 124

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Duotax
107 x 126

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Antaxon
132 x 140

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Hope you liked it
Maps are made for me and my friends to play on, but i figured ill try entering this competition for fun.

Please make threads for these maps.

I don't think I'm in the right here to say this, as I am not an organizer, nor anyone that will be involved in this event directly, but please make map threads BEFORE you post the maps and submissions into this thread. It makes it easier for us to give feedback, unless of course you don't want any feedback on the maps at all. Also make sure you format it in the correct way too.

<3

Having a thread isn't necessary as long as it is posted here and sent to the email address we're happy.
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10566 Posts
June 26 2012 04:39 GMT
#108
On June 26 2012 13:16 Plexa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 01:36 FlaShFTW wrote:
On June 26 2012 01:10 Infidler wrote:
Hello, this is my map submission!

All Maps are made by me, Infidler

Abandoned Planet
132 x 124

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Duotax
107 x 126

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]



Antaxon
132 x 140

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Hope you liked it
Maps are made for me and my friends to play on, but i figured ill try entering this competition for fun.

Please make threads for these maps.

I don't think I'm in the right here to say this, as I am not an organizer, nor anyone that will be involved in this event directly, but please make map threads BEFORE you post the maps and submissions into this thread. It makes it easier for us to give feedback, unless of course you don't want any feedback on the maps at all. Also make sure you format it in the correct way too.

<3

Having a thread isn't necessary as long as it is posted here and sent to the email address we're happy.

Yes, but I'm not. AND I AM THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS HERE!!!

<3
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
Adonminus
Profile Joined January 2012
Israel543 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-26 09:28:25
June 26 2012 06:18 GMT
#109
Map Name: Sacred Gardens
Author: Adonminus
Map Overview: + Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Playable Map Bounds: 148x166

Thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=347969
Adonminus
Profile Joined January 2012
Israel543 Posts
June 26 2012 06:22 GMT
#110
I have a question, if you send the map to the email right now, will any further map updates be accepted or should I only send the final version?
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
June 26 2012 06:27 GMT
#111
On June 26 2012 15:22 Adonminus wrote:
I have a question, if you send the map to the email right now, will any further map updates be accepted or should I only send the final version?


You should be able to send updates as long as the deadline is not over, but I think the judges would prefer if you only send the final map.
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
Guardian85
Profile Joined May 2012
162 Posts
June 26 2012 07:05 GMT
#112
On June 25 2012 21:25 Infidler wrote:
"Please send your map files to submit.motm[at]gmail.com (include your user name in subject) and post your overviews with any additional information in this thread. Follow this format while posting in this thread to ensure your entry is accepted:"

By "and post your overviews with any additional information in this thread" do you mean post the additional information in the mail or on this forum post?

sorry if this is a obvious question, thanks


Afaik, fellow norwegian

A thread, from my experience can not be a E-mail.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
June 26 2012 07:24 GMT
#113
So i'm curious... Are the pros allowed to actually work on the map? Or can we only give feedback and watch the amateur? I can see it being really easy to take a amateur's map and then just apply changes and he just sits and watches...

How will this work?
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
June 26 2012 07:38 GMT
#114
Im pretty sure it will go something like:

In a skypecall :
- The third-layout is abit too small and narrow, lets widen that a little. Try adjusting the ramps
~ Like this?
- No more like in this way, but then all the way trough.
~ Ah ok so If I do this this and this it will be better.
- Exactly, now mirror it to the other side
~ How do I do that easily without having to count gridcells?
- Just select terrain, copy and numpad . , like this


etcetc
KCCO!
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
June 26 2012 07:44 GMT
#115
On June 26 2012 16:38 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Im pretty sure it will go something like:

In a skypecall :
- The third-layout is abit too small and narrow, lets widen that a little. Try adjusting the ramps
~ Like this?
- No more like in this way, but then all the way trough.
~ Ah ok so If I do this this and this it will be better.
- Exactly, now mirror it to the other side
~ How do I do that easily without having to count gridcells?
- Just select terrain, copy and numpad . , like this


etcetc


I dont have skype or a mic, am i disqualified?

But honestly, I dont think it will be like that, such an huge effort for both of the guys.
I would imagine it more being like they discuss via anything what to do first, and then the amatour does it/some of it, and then the pro finalizes it.

I mean its a competition to win for the pros and the ametour first, a learning experience 2nd. Or atleast it would be for me, in either places.
ScorpSCII
Profile Joined April 2012
Denmark499 Posts
June 26 2012 07:48 GMT
#116
Or something like this:

- You should consider moving this base more to the left.
~ No.
- In that case, I'd suggest you to put rocks there.
~ I like it as it is.
- Sure. But you will have to remove this other base then, or move it further away.
~ No.

Either that, or the amateur will just hand over the map to the pro and go to bed.
Mapmaker | Author of Atlas, Rao Mesa & Paralda
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
June 26 2012 08:02 GMT
#117
Well, maps get better the more people look at it closely. I'd love all the pros to take a look at my map, it helps alot!

so to all the pro's that end up with Scorps situation -> give me a poke
KCCO!
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
June 26 2012 08:09 GMT
#118
On June 26 2012 16:24 IronManSC wrote:
So i'm curious... Are the pros allowed to actually work on the map? Or can we only give feedback and watch the amateur? I can see it being really easy to take a amateur's map and then just apply changes and he just sits and watches...

How will this work?

I would think you should have a decent idea already. I don't see this being much different from the dynamic of a mapmaking team.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-26 11:00:41
June 26 2012 10:58 GMT
#119
On June 26 2012 17:09 NewSunshine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2012 16:24 IronManSC wrote:
So i'm curious... Are the pros allowed to actually work on the map? Or can we only give feedback and watch the amateur? I can see it being really easy to take a amateur's map and then just apply changes and he just sits and watches...

How will this work?

I would think you should have a decent idea already. I don't see this being much different from the dynamic of a mapmaking team.


The difference might be the question about who owns the map, beacuse one way of working on several maps at a time within a team effectively, is to have one owner - which is most likely the one who made the orignial.

When it comes to level design in the games industry, however, it is quite common that basic concpets are made by one person, then passed on to another for mockup and testing, then another for aesthetics and so on, i.e. the ownership changes with iterations.

Bottom line, unles there are some ruelas about it, it's up to the proAm teams to choose how they want to do and part of the challenge.
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
Johanaz
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark363 Posts
June 26 2012 11:43 GMT
#120
On June 26 2012 16:24 IronManSC wrote:
So i'm curious... Are the pros allowed to actually work on the map? Or can we only give feedback and watch the amateur? I can see it being really easy to take a amateur's map and then just apply changes and he just sits and watches...

How will this work?


First of all, the map is ultimately submitted end of July as co-authored, with a potential prize split 50-50. So to me, that means shared ownership. That said, I enjoy helping others better themselves, so I for one would not just get the map file and say: "thanks young padawan, I'll take it from here".

I will however get the map file and do some stuff, send it back and say: "see what I did there whaddaya think?" Just like I did for you with Ohana and Fractured

I all relies on good communication, like getting a Skype chat set up, and possibly share a DropBox folder.
TPW Map Maker - theplanetaryworkshop.com
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
PiGosaur Cup
00:00
#101 (PatchesSC Mod Edition)
PiGStarcraft458
CranKy Ducklings49
EnkiAlexander 0
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft458
CosmosSc2 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2168
Artosis 609
910 38
Dota 2
monkeys_forever634
Counter-Strike
taco 186
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox627
Other Games
summit1g8671
JimRising 596
C9.Mang0349
Maynarde151
ViBE132
ArmadaUGS60
Livibee50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1031
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream133
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
9h 34m
Stellar Fest
11h 34m
The PondCast
1d 8h
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
1d 11h
OSC
1d 22h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.