• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:51
CEST 16:51
KST 23:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7720 users

[M] (2) TPW Silver Sands

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-26 18:23:01
May 09 2012 16:02 GMT
#1
[image loading]

[image loading]

GSL TPW Silver Sands
Version 0,8


Currently used in the GSTL HoTS pre-season.



Stats
12 bases, regular
2 XelNaga Watchtowers
Playble size: 158x128
Nat 2 nat distance ~125

Close-ups
+ Show Spoiler +


Natural

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Centre

[image loading]

Dead-end Third

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Closest Third

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Last base

[image loading]

[image loading]

Aesthetics

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]



Analyzer Images
+ Show Spoiler +


[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]



VODS
+ Show Spoiler +

GSTL pre-season 2013
Ragnarok vs MMA (ZvT)




Cartographer show with Doa and Axlav discussing the map over a coupple of high NA masters games.





Version history
+ Show Spoiler +

0,8
- Fixed some pathing issues were 3 small units could be dropped upon the ovie-scout-pods in natural and third.
- Added more doodads (rocks, some cactus) to clearly indicate what small areas are pathable and not. The only intended drop zones (small pathable areas) are those shown in detail images (see above) where you can drop tanks and similar.
- There were also small pockets were small units could be dropped between the south main and the map borders. They are no longer pathable (this is not an issue in the official GSTL version).
0,7
- Extended playble size from 158x128 to 158x124, so there's is SLIGHTLY more airspace behind main nat and CW third.
- Publiced for HotS.





Published on EU (WoL, version 0,7) and HoTS Beta (version 0,8) as GSL TPW Silver Sands
On NA (WoL) as TPW Silver Sands (version 0,6)
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
May 09 2012 16:33 GMT
#2
Well this is pretty sweet. I like the texturing and the position of the watchtowers with the LOS blockers on the outskirts of their vision. Lots of nifty little places to drop too. I noticed that the LOS blockers at the 3rd aren't in the analyzer pics. Wouldn't those combined with the outward facing third mineral line make the DRG "dragon breath" style roach/muta very strong against P? Just trying to find something to complain about here
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 16:38:42
May 09 2012 16:36 GMT
#3
Pretty. Could you post close-ups and your fog-settings?

I really don´t think many players would go muta on this map. There is litterally no air-space behind the main judging from the analyzer. Mutas are kind of out of fashion anyway.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
May 09 2012 17:21 GMT
#4
I love your aesthetics. I think pretty much every map you make looks amazing. Most of the map looks solid except I don't like the mineral placements on the two corner lowground bases and I would like if the forward third bases minerals were tucked in a little more. I know you want some space to maneuver units around behind it but I think there is already plenty.

Have you thought of just having 1 watchtower in the direct middle instead of having the 2 where they are now? Only reason I dislike is now is because if any early game 1 or 2 base pressure is going to happen it's coming straight through the middle which isn't covered by watchtowers. Just a thought.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 09 2012 17:42 GMT
#5
Given the chokiness of all the routes at the equator, I don't think you need that doodad clump outside the natural next to the LosB. Also, you might want to scoot the towers one square closer to the middle. Not for coverage reasons, but because you can activate them from the ramp (I think). Not sure if this is intended or if it matters to you, but seems to go against the spirit of the placement.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
loginn
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France815 Posts
May 09 2012 19:07 GMT
#6
I'm not sure, but isn't the fourth (12 and 6) base really easy to defend as T ? And very hard to defend as Z in ZvP if your opponent goes for a sentry drop ?
Stephano, Taking skill to the bank since IPL3. Also Lucifron and FBH
RumbleBadger
Profile Joined July 2011
322 Posts
May 09 2012 19:41 GMT
#7
I don't really like the central low grounds. They aren't on important pathways and don't have anything really useful in them besides a watchtower that doesn't really see to much. Have you considered kicking them up to high grounds? Because I think that would make them much more used and fun.
Games before dames.
Timetwister22
Profile Joined March 2011
United States538 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 20:23:07
May 09 2012 20:21 GMT
#8
This map I kinda neat, and I do like the two third options given here. However, I think you might have forgotten about the age only mapmkaing plague known as circle syndrome. I think removing the high ground bases at 2:30 and 5:30 would solve this problem.

Though, I still desire more interesting positioning conflicts as I mentioned on the Crystarium thread, but I suppose this is fine as you do have to move your army around a little bit. Though, adding an additional entrance into the third would certainly make it much, much better. Even if it's just blocked by rocks. Though, not sure if this would fit your intentions with the third design, so I could see why you would opt not to do this. Otherwise, this is a solid map that I might find myself playing at some point in the future. Well done!
Former ESV Mapmaker | @Timetwister22
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-09 20:56:52
May 09 2012 20:36 GMT
#9
On May 10 2012 05:21 Timetwister22 wrote:
This map I kinda neat, and I do like the two third options given here. However, I think you might have forgotten about the age only mapmkaing plague known as circle syndrome. I think removing the high ground bases at 2:30 and 5:30 would solve this problem.

I don't think there's any problem. Circle Syndrome isn't necessarily a problem in and of itself, and it depends on the context. For example, if Ohana had CS, it would be terrible, since Ohana only has 4 expansions on each side, and the 2 players would almost always have bases near each other. However, most rotational 4p maps have nearly complete CS, but are however fine, because there are so many bases. If the conflict associated with CS happens on one of those maps, it's usually more exciting, because the battles are being held over 2 late-game bases. If there are 5 or more expansions per side, it's more likely this will also occur on a 2p map.

The original conversations regarding Circle Syndrome prefaced it by saying that's it not good or bad on its own, I figure it appropriate to dispel any misconceptions that it is.

Nifty layout though, I'm just sorta bored by the aesthetic. I think, to run with the name "Silver Sands", some more of Valhalla Sand/Cracked Dirt might help to differentiate it from, say, Arid Plateau. Think about it. Right now, it's sorta the same, sans the grass.

And actually, now that I think of it, maybe some monlyth dunes would be neat. Mixing the blue and grey sands should really strike an observer as silver, which should be cool.

And of course, if you think I'm spewing nonsense and don't want to change your textures at all, that's fine too.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-10 08:48:18
May 10 2012 08:02 GMT
#10
On May 10 2012 05:21 Timetwister22 wrote:
This map I kinda neat, and I do like the two third options given here. However, I think you might have forgotten about the age only mapmkaing plague known as circle syndrome. I think removing the high ground bases at 2:30 and 5:30 would solve this problem.

Though, I still desire more interesting positioning conflicts as I mentioned on the Crystarium thread, but I suppose this is fine as you do have to move your army around a little bit. Though, adding an additional entrance into the third would certainly make it much, much better. Even if it's just blocked by rocks. Though, not sure if this would fit your intentions with the third design, so I could see why you would opt not to do this. Otherwise, this is a solid map that I might find myself playing at some point in the future. Well done!


It's not that I didn't consider giving the CW third a backdoor - I wanted to avoid promoting horizontal split, to avoid CS!

Intended worst case by design (vertical split):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


But on the other hand, even if you DO expand horizontal it's not likely one player would have the CCW third still, when the other player gets the last horizontal base?

Worst possible CS case (horizontal split):
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Also, I think the CW third gives the map some characteristics the way it is.
BTW, thanks, glad you like it!


On May 10 2012 02:42 EatThePath wrote:
Also, you might want to scoot the towers one square closer to the middle. Not for coverage reasons, but because you can activate them from the ramp (I think). Not sure if this is intended or if it matters to you, but seems to go against the spirit of the placement.


Well observed. I tested and you were right. I'll move the tower some from the ramp, beacuse as you guess it wasnt intentional.

On May 10 2012 01:36 Aunvilgod wrote:
Pretty. Could you post close-ups and your fog-settings?

I really don´t think many players would go muta on this map. There is litterally no air-space behind the main judging from the analyzer. Mutas are kind of out of fashion anyway.


I will post close-ups later. The airspace is a concern for me too, regarding the main. I think the nat and both thrids are nicely vulnerable to air. Mutas, for instance, could ping-pong between nat and CW third. Above the CW third there is some airspace. Adding more would be an easy fix if air harass really would prove too weak.

On May 10 2012 02:21 SidianTheBard wrote:
I love your aesthetics. I think pretty much every map you make looks amazing. Most of the map looks solid except I don't like the mineral placements on the two corner lowground bases and I would like if the forward third bases minerals were tucked in a little more. I know you want some space to maneuver units around behind it but I think there is already plenty.

Have you thought of just having 1 watchtower in the direct middle instead of having the 2 where they are now? Only reason I dislike is now is because if any early game 1 or 2 base pressure is going to happen it's coming straight through the middle which isn't covered by watchtowers. Just a thought.


Thanks man!

Yes, I might relayout the 2 and 8 oclock around the mineral lines, and the CCW third is supposed to have much space for units, or I fear it would be both too vulnerable to air, given it's position and layout. Drops might be stronger, though. It's an easy fix if I'm wrong.

The middle blind to watchtowers is intentional. It forces players to actually scout the middle with units and use the watchtowers for scouting flanks / pushing high ground. Also, they still play a role later in the game this way.


On May 10 2012 04:41 RumbleBadger wrote:
I don't really like the central low grounds. They aren't on important pathways and don't have anything really useful in them besides a watchtower that doesn't really see to much. Have you considered kicking them up to high grounds? Because I think that would make them much more used and fun.


I simply disagree. The towers would be too strong, the area too open and bland and flat. You use the low ground for the towers but also your armies or harassing units go there when flanking the CCW third, or when avoiding the shortest, most narrow middle path. It's also quite trafficed by air (and thus anti-air) for harrass on CCW third or bold, fast drops in main.
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-11 01:38:07
May 11 2012 01:37 GMT
#11
I think the map would be much cooler if the center was highground, as RumbleBadger suggested.

The towers wouldn't really be too strong, its not like there's much benefit from holding them in that location. It just gives vision which you'll probably have anyway. A contain isn't a good strategy there. If somehow it is too powerful (it won't be, I garuntee it- there is no imbalance it creates), you could just remove them. Definitely not a reason not to make it highground.

Highground would just make things a lot more dynamic around the expansions. They're all so spread out and have highground advantage that its kinda boring like this imo. A highground center would still allow the expansions to be taken, but it would introduce contain strategies, harassment, and easier ways to attack expos. Please do it, it'll make the map so much better BTW check out some of the replays of Afterglow in the Korean Weekly and see how some of the pros like Taeja use it. Its absolutely sick and makes gameplay a ton more interesting

My least favorite part of the map are the corner expos in top right and bottom left. They feel too packed in to me. You can take both by just controlling one corner of the map. There's lots of potential for this area though. To kill two birds with one stone, I'd do this http://i.imgur.com/kCMcs.jpg. You essentially fix the CS problems and reduce turtling/boring gameplay in the corner.

[edit] Super glad to see a new TPW map I like this one a lot!
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
May 11 2012 23:24 GMT
#12
I totally misread Rumble's suggestion on high grounds and thought he meant middle ground. It makes a lot more sense now. I ruled out high ground pods quite early, thinking it might be too powerful, but testing it now it seems fine, and probably even better.

This is what I'm working on

[image loading]
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 12 2012 05:32 GMT
#13
I do think the highgrounds make a better map. Keep working. ;D

This is what I would do:

[image loading]

If you make it easier to take the clockwise 3rd (little quick path in black), there will be more tension in the decision. Right now the 3rd against the main is a lot safer. No big deal either way, I just like choices. ^^

If you make it easier, maybe also the base should have a slightly increased vulnerability -- narrow path drawn in white. This would also increase mobility, and allow a way to dodge the tower vision to get around in a clockwise path around the outside.

Highground in orange -- strictly more interesting than doodads. However, I deleted void space (increasing the ground connection to the natural) to make space for it. I would just say trash the doodad clump, the map could use the open space imo, which is somewhat out of style for no reason these days.

I'm glad this map is evolving. It seems to be getting up to the awesome level.
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
May 12 2012 07:23 GMT
#14
With the new tower placement, there is space for sneaking by the tower vision
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
.

The reason the path to the CW third is to increase its cost/risk because its safer than the CCW third, and it has no backdoor because I don't want to promote horizontal expanding past the CW base, because of the CS case it would create. At least that's my reasoning atm. But when wiser men speak, I have been known to change my mind ^^

Open space and doodad clump .. hmm, still thinking.
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
mogoh
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany109 Posts
May 12 2012 19:08 GMT
#15
Great map. I have nothing against it.
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
May 13 2012 07:03 GMT
#16
On May 12 2012 16:23 Meltage wrote:
With the new tower placement, there is space for sneaking by the tower vision
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
.

The reason the path to the CW third is to increase its cost/risk because its safer than the CCW third, and it has no backdoor because I don't want to promote horizontal expanding past the CW base, because of the CS case it would create. At least that's my reasoning atm. But when wiser men speak, I have been known to change my mind ^^

Open space and doodad clump .. hmm, still thinking.


Ah okay should have checked analyzer first. ><

Yes I agree with your reasoning. imo the circularity wouldn't be so bad here; perfectly valid choice to avoid it though. Just my thoughts as usual. =)
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
May 13 2012 20:01 GMT
#17
@EatThePath - your quality thoughts are valuable

Updated OP with lots of detail images, latest overview, analyzer images. Updated map on EU bnet as well.


http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
Syphon8
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada298 Posts
May 14 2012 01:42 GMT
#18
This is one of the best maps ever made (for SC2), at this point. I'd like to see it on ladder/in tournaments at it's current point.

I have a few suggestions, though, all to further balance the expansion desirability between CCW and CW.

[image loading]

Yellow: Reapers and Colo should be able to move up and down here, and tank dropping there would most likely have no effect on the map.

Red: These LOS blockers currently punish players for rallying further towards center when on 2 bases / taking a third.

Orange: Like the LOS blockers @ 3 and 9 o'clock, would make players walk a bit further for vision, as well as making the low ground bases harder to hold in a horizontal split.

Teal: LOS blockers here on highground rewards players for army movement further onto the map, and promotes vertical split. In base ones are just simple hiding spots.

Green: Provides Terran more strategic options into 4 vs. 4 base scenarios.

Fuchsia: 3 of my suggestions would make these bases (TR and BL) harder to control in a horizontal split. This is to counterbalance that.
',:/
PandaZerg
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada148 Posts
May 14 2012 02:12 GMT
#19
Will be release on NA server?
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
May 14 2012 03:16 GMT
#20
Imo you should make the highground as big as possible. It feels pretty small and puny right now. I'd like if it took up more area and was more important to the map itself, because atm its not that crucial for map control, engagements, etc.. Just make it as big as possible in places by making highground instead of the lvl 0 wasted space. Of course watch out for siege tank range on the third.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 422
TKL 264
CranKy Ducklings221
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1087
TKL 264
ProTech141
Rex 131
EmSc Tv 19
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 57483
Free 1743
Horang2 317
firebathero 255
Zeus 173
Trap 136
Last 114
Hyun 78
ToSsGirL 59
soO 27
[ Show more ]
Aegong 22
Rock 20
Bishop 20
scan(afreeca) 16
Yoon 15
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc8898
Dendi1064
XaKoH 398
420jenkins151
Counter-Strike
fl0m2974
byalli814
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko473
Other Games
singsing2291
Beastyqt417
Mlord400
KnowMe197
DeMusliM129
Liquid`VortiX123
Hui .117
mouzStarbuck103
QueenE81
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 19
EmSc2Tv 19
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP29
• StrangeGG 24
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony8
• Michael_bg 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2388
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1534
Other Games
• Shiphtur66
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 9m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 9m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 9m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.