• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:15
CEST 12:15
KST 19:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9123 users

[M] (2) TPW Silver Sands - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
February 12 2013 04:18 GMT
#61
Grats on (pre-season) GSTL =]
RFDaemoniac
Profile Joined September 2011
United States544 Posts
February 12 2013 05:18 GMT
#62
This is awesome! yay! and it's a super technical map, too It just might be enough to make me buy a 2013 GSL ticket (previously I was happy with just a $5 proleague ticket, which was kind of a shame because of how cool the GSL was in 2012)
EatThePath
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States3943 Posts
February 12 2013 07:36 GMT
#63
On February 12 2013 14:18 RFDaemoniac wrote:
This is awesome! yay! and it's a super technical map, too It just might be enough to make me buy a 2013 GSL ticket (previously I was happy with just a $5 proleague ticket, which was kind of a shame because of how cool the GSL was in 2012)

dittodittoditto
Comprehensive strategic intention: DNE
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
February 12 2013 08:42 GMT
#64
this is still probably one of the prettiest overviews for a map I've seen (in-game up close I'm sure it's nice too). The blue and orange goes so well together. I guess there's a reason why so many movie posters use blue+orange http://www.slashfilm.com/orangeblue-contrast-in-movie-posters/
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
February 12 2013 15:58 GMT
#65
By the way, is this intentional:

[image loading]

This is a tight wall with 1 rax and 1 depot. Just realized you could wall like this from seeing the overview. I can't imagine this is intentional?
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
February 12 2013 19:48 GMT
#66
Yeah probably should be adjusted. Being able to prevent a 9 probe from getting in is pretty op (imo)
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
February 12 2013 19:50 GMT
#67
I concur. For some reason these things never escape me. Years of experience with BW walling have honed my eyes to transhuman capabilities to spot these things. I daresay I can even see on eyes if an ultralisk can or can't fit through the gap in a barracks and a depot.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
MarcusRife
Profile Joined March 2011
343 Posts
February 13 2013 00:02 GMT
#68
I played a game on the GSTL TPW Silver Sands map and my Mutalisks had WOL stats. Can someone else verify? There might be other issues as well.
NewSunshine
Profile Joined July 2011
United States5938 Posts
February 13 2013 00:05 GMT
#69
It's pretty hard to miss that type of ramp placement, so if it's gone this long without being changed I daresay it was intentional. Whether or not it's better is a different point.
"If you find yourself feeling lost, take pride in the accuracy of your feelings." - Night Vale
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
February 13 2013 00:08 GMT
#70
On February 13 2013 00:58 SiskosGoatee wrote:
By the way, is this intentional:

[image loading]

This is a tight wall with 1 rax and 1 depot. Just realized you could wall like this from seeing the overview. I can't imagine this is intentional?


Thanks for bringing it up. There is some unstandard stuff going on in the main and natural. For instance, a prot FFE can be done with 1 nexus, 1 pylon and 1 gateway (or any 4x4 building) in the natural. I can make changes to the map but the actual map file is in the hands of GSL atm ^^ I don't know if they will contact me about changes and use the map I publish (GSL TPW Silver Sands in hots beta), or make changes themselves and publish their own file. There has been no contact with them after sending them the map file.
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 00:16:55
February 13 2013 00:12 GMT
#71
One would assume indeed it is intentional if it went by for so long. But one'd be hard pressed to find people who think this is a good idea.

Then again, in HotS this is ostensibly less of a problem than in WoL because P can scout gas with a mothership core. But still, I believe this map is supposed to suit WoL as well. In any case. I believe I speak for a lot of people when I say that being able to do this is a dealbreaker for a map. If it is intentional, note it as a pretty severe criticism on my part.

In any case, in this thread no one actually pointed it out. Which I find a very unusual thing if people actually were aware of it. Though the author may be aware and did it consciously, at the very least this decision is controversial and if people were largely aware of this it would've been hotly debated as this property of the map is about as controversial as a dropable high ground overlooking the natural.

EDit: Apparently it's not intentional:

On February 13 2013 09:08 Meltage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 13 2013 00:58 SiskosGoatee wrote:
By the way, is this intentional:

[image loading]

This is a tight wall with 1 rax and 1 depot. Just realized you could wall like this from seeing the overview. I can't imagine this is intentional?


Thanks for bringing it up. There is some unstandard stuff going on in the main and natural. For instance, a prot FFE can be done with 1 nexus, 1 pylon and 1 gateway (or any 4x4 building) in the natural. I can make changes to the map but the actual map file is in the hands of GSL atm ^^ I don't know if they will contact me about changes and use the map I publish (GSL TPW Silver Sands in hots beta), or make changes themselves and publish their own file. There has been no contact with them after sending them the map file.


This is another thing by the way, the ramp is I feel too close to the main building and congests army movement a bit too much when you come down the ramp to defend I feel. Maybe move the ramp a bit and also make it require a standard 2depot 1 rax wall?

WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
February 13 2013 02:12 GMT
#72
Congrats on getting into the prelim GSTL! I have a few qualms with the corner bases, but its a solid map. Middle is cool. The towers are not.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 12:44:09
February 13 2013 12:42 GMT
#73
I've kinda highlighted the VOD and map analysis by Doa and Axlav back in july in the OP.



Seeing this months ago, I didn't react much and had forgotten about it. Basically, I thought it's not necessarily bad. I can only asume GSL have noticed and believes the same. As I said, there's some unstandard stuff going on. If those features prove to be issues, there are easy fixes. The map provides the oportunity to test that out.

I made the map for WoL and don't know more than anyone else how it will play in HoTS. Ovies and MS cores, I supose.

BTW, I added 4 units of air space to the height of the map, so the height is now 128 up from 124. I also removed a doodad (unpathable, no effect on gameplay) that looked ugly on the main's cliff towards the natural. Those changes were not in the file I sent GSL. It'll be exciting to see if they'll make their own changes or not.

--

Monitor, thanks. It feels liek it has been worth those endless hours making maps when somethign liek this happens. Evne though you don't get paid. I should add, themap is like all my maps, a team effort. If you have somehting to say about the tower placement or corner bases, please do
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 12:50:32
February 13 2013 12:47 GMT
#74
Mothership core probably makes the ability to wall with 1 depot and rax not that much of a problem any more yeah. In WoL it's kind of ridiculous though if it's on a ramp. Bel'Shir beach also had it and it was kind of stupid but at least you didn't have high ground advantage so a stalker could pressure the wall forcing you to reveal what you had.

Personally, I don't like ramp designs like that because they don't allow you to set up a good concave on top of the ramp either.

Edit: Well, say you use this and then proxy a rax in the middle of the map some-where, MSC won't arrive at the base before it gets going and if ti does, you don't have your MsC to help defend stuff. While it might not be game breakingly broken, I also see no real advantage in keeping it like that, it doesn't offer new and exciting play apart from cheeses that are harder to scout and deal with and making every matchup more of a coinflip.
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12060 Posts
February 13 2013 13:29 GMT
#75
On February 13 2013 21:47 SiskosGoatee wrote:
Mothership core probably makes the ability to wall with 1 depot and rax not that much of a problem any more yeah. In WoL it's kind of ridiculous though if it's on a ramp. Bel'Shir beach also had it and it was kind of stupid but at least you didn't have high ground advantage so a stalker could pressure the wall forcing you to reveal what you had.

Personally, I don't like ramp designs like that because they don't allow you to set up a good concave on top of the ramp either.

Edit: Well, say you use this and then proxy a rax in the middle of the map some-where, MSC won't arrive at the base before it gets going and if ti does, you don't have your MsC to help defend stuff. While it might not be game breakingly broken, I also see no real advantage in keeping it like that, it doesn't offer new and exciting play apart from cheeses that are harder to scout and deal with and making every matchup more of a coinflip.


I think you're heavily exaggerating how little a 2 building wall off actually changes.

If they proxy a rax in the middle of the map it wouldn't make a difference if you could get into the main anyway.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-13 16:20:23
February 13 2013 15:33 GMT
#76
I updated OP with some close-up images, showing some features.


Close-ups
+ Show Spoiler +


Natural

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Centre

[image loading]

CW Third

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

CCW Third

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Last base

[image loading]

[image loading]

Aesthetics

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]



--

I'm so hyped. Having google translate form korean this page says that MKP fights soO in the first game on this map, starting 6.10 CET (14:10 KST) on sunday. And DF Atlas is played on the first game of the tournament on saturday.
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
SiskosGoatee
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Albania1482 Posts
February 13 2013 19:59 GMT
#77
On February 13 2013 22:29 Qikz wrote:

If they proxy a rax in the middle of the map it wouldn't make a difference if you could get into the main anyway.
Surely the fact that you instantly know they are proxying because you can check their scv count matters?
WCS Apartheid cometh, all hail the casual audience, death to merit and hard work.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 14 2013 10:05 GMT
#78
On February 14 2013 00:33 Meltage wrote:
I updated OP with some close-up images, showing some features.


Close-ups
+ Show Spoiler +


Natural

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Centre

[image loading]

CW Third

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

CCW Third

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

Last base

[image loading]

[image loading]

Aesthetics

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]



--

I'm so hyped. Having google translate form korean this page says that MKP fights soO in the first game on this map, starting 6.10 CET (14:10 KST) on sunday. And DF Atlas is played on the first game of the tournament on saturday.

he's playing against lucky, not soo

congrats on getting your map out there! :D
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Meltage
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany613 Posts
February 14 2013 18:21 GMT
#79
Ah thanks!

obv thought "Soo Z" was soO .. but Soo is Luckys real last name, if I got it right.
http://mentalbalans.se/aggedesign
fenix404
Profile Joined May 2011
United States305 Posts
February 16 2013 19:43 GMT
#80
On February 13 2013 09:02 MarcusRife wrote:
I played a game on the GSTL TPW Silver Sands map and my Mutalisks had WOL stats. Can someone else verify? There might be other issues as well.



i played that yesterday in the beta, and yes, it was a WoL down-mod, no MSC, old VRs etc...
"think for yourself, question authority"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
RotterdaM395
IndyStarCraft 21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 395
Lowko162
IndyStarCraft 21
MindelVK 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 3125
Stork 2473
Horang2 428
Soulkey 360
Zeus 355
Jaedong 328
Mini 252
Larva 252
Soma 202
Mind 74
[ Show more ]
sorry 71
Sexy 65
ZerO 64
Hyun 55
Pusan 52
soO 34
Shinee 29
Last 25
scan(afreeca) 24
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Dota 2
XcaliburYe323
canceldota52
League of Legends
JimRising 442
Other Games
gofns31293
singsing1965
Coldzera 692
Happy253
byalli228
Pyrionflax188
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV234
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 26
• StrangeGG 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV252
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Jankos3349
Upcoming Events
Online Event
1h 45m
AI Arena Tournament
6h 45m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
8h 45m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 45m
Patches Events
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.