• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:39
CEST 06:39
KST 13:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8237 users

[A] HotS Custom - Page 80

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 85 Next
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
August 25 2012 16:48 GMT
#1581
On August 26 2012 01:44 Existor wrote:
Can you slower walk animation (not the unit speed) of Widow Mines and Locusts? Currently their walk animation is 2-3 times faster than their real speed.


This is difficult to do because from what I've seen there are no animation speeds mentioned anywhere for the movement. I will look again but I don't think it is possible unless I change the animation itself.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-25 17:18:08
August 25 2012 17:18 GMT
#1582
Please change 3v3 map.

Arakan Citadel is an ugly map with worse expands. Also Dig Site is a fully rush map, where expands are nearby enemy expands.

What about The Bio Lab 3v3 map? I think this map is the bets one.Or Temple of the Preservers
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
August 25 2012 17:33 GMT
#1583
I will see, Arakan Citadel is quite popular so I think it is a good first map, but I may change it soon depending how people react to it.

Also, I will be temporarily removing the tournament maps on the EU server because the map rotation has fallen too low that nobody can play it. I hate to do this but if the map rotation becomes obsolete then people will just keep playing the same 1 or 2 maps that stay popular, which is unfair for those who want a variety of maps to play on.
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-25 18:39:32
August 25 2012 18:34 GMT
#1584
What about compromisses? Here are some variants:
____________________________

1) Like there will be only 4 map rotations.
1v1 - 2v2 - 3v3 - 4v4
____________________________

2) Or two map rotations.
First map rotation - 1v1+2v2 (1v1 map with 4 player spawn with selectable 1v1 or 2v2)
Second map rotation - 3v3+4v4 (any other 4v4 map, and selectable modes 3v3 and 4v4)
____________________________

3) For a tournaments and other popular games make 2 separate 1v1 maps, but one of them with 4 player spawn, so it will be a 2v2 map too. Plus separately 3v3 and 4v4 map rotations. I mean something like this:

1st map rotation - most popular and favourite 1v1 map with two players spawn.
2st map rotation - map with a four player spawn can hold in it three game modes: 1v1 + 2v2 + FFA
3rd map rotation - 3v3
4th map rotation - 4v4
____________________________

4) 3rd variant without 1st map rotation.


I think it will be easier for you, than having a lot maps now.
JohnnyZerg
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy378 Posts
August 25 2012 18:56 GMT
#1585
Xenox, how much time will pass to fix the unit test map?
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
August 25 2012 19:14 GMT
#1586
On August 26 2012 03:56 JohnnyZerg wrote:
Xenox, how much time will pass to fix the unit test map?


Truth is I am currently unaware of how to fix it, I have asked around and tried countless ways but it still doesn't seem to work. I will keep trying but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to fix it any time soon, sorry.
cursiv
Profile Joined March 2011
United States11 Posts
August 26 2012 15:54 GMT
#1587
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=363450

Is one more "current" or "more functional" than the other?
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
August 27 2012 03:50 GMT
#1588
I've been playing this map a LOT over the past week, and just realised I've haven't dropped in here.

I'll repeat what I basically said in the battle.net review:

Really good job man, 5*

I've had some absolutely awesome games on this map
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
August 28 2012 03:07 GMT
#1589
I'm working on singlehandedly devolving team-games into essentially widowmine monobattles.

Played some hilarious games
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
August 28 2012 11:59 GMT
#1590
I'm getting alot of BM players.

Anyone have the same experiance?
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
robm
Profile Joined November 2011
United States56 Posts
August 28 2012 15:51 GMT
#1591
I played one game where I got a diamond player in ZvZ. I'm plat in 2v2. He made 20 lings at 6:30 and killed me before either of us could use any new units. Thanks, pal.
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
August 28 2012 19:13 GMT
#1592
Hey guys, extremely minor patch now up on the 1v1 map rotation, and will eventually move to the others. Also the new map for the map rotation is Antiga Shipyard, and I will be changing up the 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 map rotations in the near future as well.

Patch Notes 1.13
- Chronooboost is now allowed while the Mothership is being built
- Fixed a glitch that allowed you to produce probes while the Mothership was being built
- Added cancel button to Mothership Core while it is warping in a Mothership
- Updated the 'Build Nexus' tooltip to show it enables production of the Mothership Core
SwolenPockets
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4 Posts
August 28 2012 22:58 GMT
#1593
Im working hard on creating videos detailing builds from HoTS. Anyone know solid builds to use in HOTS custom and in the beta?
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-28 23:45:34
August 28 2012 23:44 GMT
#1594
On August 29 2012 07:58 SwolenPockets wrote:
Im working hard on creating videos detailing builds from HoTS. Anyone know solid builds to use in HOTS custom and in the beta?

7 spine rush:

- 7 pool
- 7 evo chamber
- make 4-6 lings
- when Overlord is at 70% mark to enemy base, send 2 drones. When they arive to Overlord, start spread creep and make 2 spines
- when spines are at 80% mark, start move overlords closer to enemy base. When spines are finished, uproot them and burrow closer to enemy

Not works in ZvZ, and greatly works vs Protoss fast expands.
JohnnyZerg
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy378 Posts
August 30 2012 19:40 GMT
#1595
in the hots custom map rotation (1vs1 ) is not possible to set a player as a spectator or arbiter.
The problem will be fixed in a future patch?
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 20:00:28
August 30 2012 19:59 GMT
#1596
On August 31 2012 04:40 JohnnyZerg wrote:
in the hots custom map rotation (1vs1 ) is not possible to set a player as a spectator or arbiter.
The problem will be fixed in a future patch?


Yes it's a problem with the Arcade at the moment. I am going to add a mode called "spectator" which is technically just 2v2 but lets you add spectators and can obviously be 1v1 if you only put 1 player per team.
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
August 30 2012 20:27 GMT
#1597
hehe xenox^^

The greyed out "Make Spectator" field in the lobby is a bug which i discovered last week.
You can fix it by deleting your current "Game variants" and creating a new one with the same settings.
It happens to maps with custom game variants, which were creating before the 1.5 patch.
(ofc i assume you didnt check "Disable Observers" in the Map --> Options...)

You can trust me on that, i had a 4-5 hours testing session with some people like helral and other mapsters.
Its also acknowledged by Blizzards Deletarius.
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-30 22:18:09
August 30 2012 22:03 GMT
#1598
On August 31 2012 05:27 MasterReY wrote:
hehe xenox^^

The greyed out "Make Spectator" field in the lobby is a bug which i discovered last week.
You can fix it by deleting your current "Game variants" and creating a new one with the same settings.
It happens to maps with custom game variants, which were creating before the 1.5 patch.
(ofc i assume you didnt check "Disable Observers" in the Map --> Options...)

You can trust me on that, i had a 4-5 hours testing session with some people like helral and other mapsters.
Its also acknowledged by Blizzards Deletarius.


Oh I have created and recreated it many times to no avail, and yes by default "Disable Observers" is unchecked. It happens as soon as I try to close slots within a game variant, if I keep them all open as with 2v2 then it doesn't happen.
Kaguro
Profile Joined April 2011
United States14 Posts
August 30 2012 23:20 GMT
#1599
Thank you for this map, it's insanely fun to play with friends =).
XenoX101
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia729 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-31 08:49:27
August 31 2012 08:46 GMT
#1600
Hey everyone, got a bit of sad news about the mod. Blizzard emailed me today about some concerns they have of the mod becoming too similar to the Closed Beta, the potential for confusion and conflict between the custom and beta versions of Heart of the Swarm, and how in being so similar my map technically will allow people to bypass the Closed aspect of the Beta. As such, the maps will be taken down from all servers as of Monday, 3rd of September 2012. I say this now so that people can make the most of the limited time left on the maps before it goes down.

So I guess this will be it for the mod, I will say though that it's been a good run, and much of where the mod is today is thanks to all the feedback you guys were able to provide. I hope that everyone made the most of the opportunity they had, and looks forward to doing the same thing in the real Heart of the Swarm some time in the near future. I am glad that I was able to work on such a project and provide people this great opportunity to experience Heart of the Swarm.

As far as my map-making ventures are concerned. I have an entirely unrelated project called Micro Match that I still need to finish, which hopefully will be out sometime in the not too distant future, but no deadlines yet.

So thanks again for all your support, and I hope you make the most of these last moments before the maps go down.
Prev 1 78 79 80 81 82 85 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 236
NeuroSwarm 184
ProTech123
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21043
Dewaltoss 140
Bale 51
Noble 5
Icarus 4
League of Legends
JimRising 834
Other Games
summit1g13318
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1326
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 15
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2105
League of Legends
• Lourlo1273
• Rush565
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 21m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
6h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 21m
Replay Cast
18h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 6h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.