• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:07
CEST 15:07
KST 22:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7571 users

[A] Marine Split Challenge - Page 28

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 All
Mongoose
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-10 21:12:53
March 08 2013 17:32 GMT
#541
I hit level 33 yesterday on stream, which is my personal best!

Could this be the world record? (with speedlings/creep/stim enabled). Has anyone got higher and recorded it?

Here's the proof
http://www.twitch.tv/mongoose135/c/2001499
Master league EU Terran
sotapieru
Profile Joined January 2012
Finland9 Posts
March 08 2013 17:44 GMT
#542
Im top Diam Zerg, switched to terran in hots, i started pracc marine split today whit the patrol method, and got easily to level 16 whit sling enabled ^^
Overlord Op
o0erk0o
Profile Joined September 2010
United States29 Posts
April 05 2013 15:44 GMT
#543
yea, its definitely not up under Custom Games anymore, not on NA at least. I even changed back to WoL to make sure that wasnt the problem but no dice.
The Anti-Chair
PXEnTei
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States209 Posts
April 05 2013 19:22 GMT
#544
I got to 15 once, ill redo it and post replay
Its in arcade ooerkoo
"Sue me, dickhead!" -Thor
FancyCaTSC2
Profile Joined February 2013
56 Posts
April 21 2013 13:20 GMT
#545
How can you play it without delay these days? :c
chris2423
Profile Joined February 2012
31 Posts
May 02 2013 01:48 GMT
#546
create game, then quit, and then load the replay and resume from replay to play with zero delay.
AdelSC123
Profile Joined March 2010
France362 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-02 12:37:24
June 02 2013 12:36 GMT
#547
As a toss looking to switch to terran, thank you. Its perfect to complete my training (build order practice vs IA).

I felt like I hit a ceiling at the 14th level so after 2 hours and 50 minutes (blizz time) I decided to enable stim, I was really surprised at how harder marines are to control with my slow hands, but once I got kinda used to it it was much more efficient. I tried different angles at different times to get a feel of the unit. When I got past the 21th level and saw the timer past 5 hours, I was feeling hungry so I decided to take a break and eat something. As I ate read the that the counter to patrol split was speedlings...I still felt like it was a good exercise, but I was determined to try to top that with a normal spit.

Sadly my internet connection didnt feel like it, so after reaching the 9th level in less than 10 minutes there was some heavy latency that made it difficult to go much further so I stopped at the 12th level.

Here's the first replay (with patrol split) :
http://drop.sc/339735

I'll post a replay with normal split soon (probably tomorow).
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
June 04 2013 13:34 GMT
#548
On October 20 2012 07:26 Mongoose wrote:
Hey everyone, I made a tutorial video on how to do pro marine splits without using any gimicks. The video features this map, marine split challenge :D

To prove I am qualified to make a tutorial on it, I have got to level 30 once (with creep, speed and stim), and can regularly get past level 25 after not long.

I 'split' the art of marine splitting into several different techniques, which, when used in conjunction with each other, will allow you to get awesome marine splits like MKP and other pros.

It requires a lot of practise and patience, but will greatly improve your mouse accuracy and general unit control.
This is the way I learned to marine split and after many hours (probably like 10+ hours) of practising, I have got to a good level.

I don't think it requires its own thread so I'm posting it here instead;


I don't completely agree with the video. Line splitting will not work if you want to have the most efficient split. The most efficient split is to kite and split at the same time, therefore losing no marines(Which is apeshit hard and humanly achieveable with lots of practice). But with line splitting the marines go out every where. You can only kite and split at the same time with box splitting. If the marines waste their time moving then dps is wasted. A smart split will allow the marine's dps to effectively kill lots of banelings and would me more efficient than a split that isnt smart and harder to execute.
When cats speak, mice listen.
MythicSC2
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom4 Posts
July 20 2013 19:40 GMT
#549
I got to 35, is this a world record or has someone gone higher?
Mongoose
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom190 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-04 04:45:52
January 04 2014 04:45 GMT
#550
On July 21 2013 04:40 MythicSC2 wrote:
I got to 35, is this a world record or has someone gone higher?


Wow, level 35 really is quite impressive! (if it was done with creep enabled) - do you have any video proof or replay?

Anyway, here's my new record - not just highest level reached, but a timed run from level 0-30 in under 13 minutes - if you fancy a challenge, I'd love to see someone beat it :D

Master league EU Terran
MythicSC
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom7 Posts
March 01 2014 18:14 GMT
#551
Sure I can prove it :
http://i.imgur.com/QMyZJwh.png

And I beat round 30 in 11 mins sorry :D
'There are a ton of ways to throw a frisbee' - Day[9]
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
March 01 2014 19:09 GMT
#552
I feel really bad at splitting compared to you guys. My best is level 25
MaxStout
Profile Joined August 2015
United States12 Posts
March 02 2016 14:52 GMT
#553
So, you patrol the whole group away. But the do you patrol the smaller flanking groups to the sides as well, or are those simply move commands? I was able to get to level 12, but not sure if my micro is optimal for levelling beyond that. Any suggestions?
This feels familiar...where have I been here before?
Prev 1 26 27 28 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 177
Rex101
ComeBackTV 64
SteadfastSC63
LiquipediaDiscussion
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 22
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech129
Rex 101
SteadfastSC 63
CosmosSc2 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 50359
Hyuk 1499
Jaedong 923
Soma 456
Soulkey 394
Horang2 394
EffOrt 375
BeSt 375
Mini 344
actioN 314
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Last 296
Light 269
Zeus 247
ggaemo 235
Larva 189
910 163
Rush 135
Snow 132
ZerO 105
Killer 97
Pusan 73
Mind 70
Shine 49
JYJ 45
Free 42
Creator 41
hero 39
Sharp 37
Shinee 33
sorry 26
Bale 24
Yoon 23
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 14
yabsab 12
Noble 12
Sacsri 8
Icarus 7
Rock 4
Dota 2
Gorgc9272
Dendi693
Counter-Strike
markeloff268
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1683
crisheroes1257
Other Games
gofns42035
singsing2041
olofmeister1379
B2W.Neo753
hiko417
byalli306
Pyrionflax289
XBOCT282
DeMusliM247
ArmadaUGS96
Mew2King69
Liquid`VortiX42
QueenE36
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1876
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream120
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH342
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1712
Other Games
• WagamamaTV183
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
20h 54m
OSC
23h 54m
Stellar Fest
23h 54m
OSC
1d 10h
Stellar Fest
1d 23h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.