• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:47
CEST 20:47
KST 03:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9071 users

[A] Marine Split Challenge - Page 27

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 Next All
Nightsz
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada398 Posts
October 16 2012 23:52 GMT
#521
heyyy Griffith, if I recall correctly, you also made the map where you have to leapfrog tanks vs ling bling muta and then they charge to after you reach the end. I can't find that map anymore. Do you still have it published?
Traceback
Profile Joined October 2010
United States469 Posts
October 17 2012 01:05 GMT
#522
On October 17 2012 08:52 Nightsz wrote:
heyyy Griffith, if I recall correctly, you also made the map where you have to leapfrog tanks vs ling bling muta and then they charge to after you reach the end. I can't find that map anymore. Do you still have it published?

Was at last check. Try searching next time. =)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=224443
Mongoose
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom190 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-19 22:27:05
October 19 2012 22:26 GMT
#523
Hey everyone, I made a tutorial video on how to do pro marine splits without using any gimicks. The video features this map, marine split challenge :D

To prove I am qualified to make a tutorial on it, I have got to level 30 once (with creep, speed and stim), and can regularly get past level 25 after not long.

I 'split' the art of marine splitting into several different techniques, which, when used in conjunction with each other, will allow you to get awesome marine splits like MKP and other pros.

It requires a lot of practise and patience, but will greatly improve your mouse accuracy and general unit control.
This is the way I learned to marine split and after many hours (probably like 10+ hours) of practising, I have got to a good level.

I don't think it requires its own thread so I'm posting it here instead;

Master league EU Terran
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
October 21 2012 07:06 GMT
#524
On October 20 2012 07:26 Mongoose wrote:
Hey everyone, I made a tutorial video on how to do pro marine splits without using any gimicks. The video features this map, marine split challenge :D

To prove I am qualified to make a tutorial on it, I have got to level 30 once (with creep, speed and stim), and can regularly get past level 25 after not long.

I 'split' the art of marine splitting into several different techniques, which, when used in conjunction with each other, will allow you to get awesome marine splits like MKP and other pros.

It requires a lot of practise and patience, but will greatly improve your mouse accuracy and general unit control.
This is the way I learned to marine split and after many hours (probably like 10+ hours) of practising, I have got to a good level.

I don't think it requires its own thread so I'm posting it here instead;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZBiToPSJ1M

This is probably the best splitting guide out there right now, thx to your previous vods I just learned how to split better. I can reach lvl 18 without stim and 22 with stim (with a lot of work). The problem I have is that I can't issue commands as fast as you because if you select your marines and right click almost at the same time they dont move, you know what I mean? So I sometimes have to double right click to be sure that they will follow the command.
Mongoose
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom190 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-22 12:06:17
October 22 2012 12:05 GMT
#525
On October 21 2012 16:06 Celestia wrote:


This is probably the best splitting guide out there right now, thx to your previous vods I just learned how to split better. I can reach lvl 18 without stim and 22 with stim (with a lot of work). The problem I have is that I can't issue commands as fast as you because if you select your marines and right click almost at the same time they dont move, you know what I mean? So I sometimes have to double right click to be sure that they will follow the command.

Hi, thanks

Yes I know exactly what you mean, the mechanics of selecting units and moving them quickly is something that requires a lot of practise, and the way I improved that was by repeating similar commands over and over again (such as grabbing vertical lines of marines up and down).
It's like spamming boxes over your scvs at the start of a game, it's hard at first but the more you practise it the more accurate and fast you can get with it. When you get good with it, you end up not thinking about the individual clicks, it's more of a fluid movement.
Master league EU Terran
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
October 23 2012 00:13 GMT
#526
On October 22 2012 21:05 Mongoose wrote:
Hi, thanks

Yes I know exactly what you mean, the mechanics of selecting units and moving them quickly is something that requires a lot of practise, and the way I improved that was by repeating similar commands over and over again (such as grabbing vertical lines of marines up and down).
It's like spamming boxes over your scvs at the start of a game, it's hard at first but the more you practise it the more accurate and fast you can get with it. When you get good with it, you end up not thinking about the individual clicks, it's more of a fluid movement.

Thanks for replying, I guess I will have to practice more, it makes sense because at first I was having a lot of trouble with that, now its more easy but still I need to improve that.
kill619
Profile Joined December 2011
United States212 Posts
October 24 2012 21:15 GMT
#527
On October 21 2012 16:06 Celestia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2012 07:26 Mongoose wrote:
Hey everyone, I made a tutorial video on how to do pro marine splits without using any gimicks. The video features this map, marine split challenge :D

To prove I am qualified to make a tutorial on it, I have got to level 30 once (with creep, speed and stim), and can regularly get past level 25 after not long.

I 'split' the art of marine splitting into several different techniques, which, when used in conjunction with each other, will allow you to get awesome marine splits like MKP and other pros.

It requires a lot of practise and patience, but will greatly improve your mouse accuracy and general unit control.
This is the way I learned to marine split and after many hours (probably like 10+ hours) of practising, I have got to a good level.

I don't think it requires its own thread so I'm posting it here instead;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZBiToPSJ1M

This is probably the best splitting guide out there right now, thx to your previous vods I just learned how to split better. I can reach lvl 18 without stim and 22 with stim (with a lot of work). The problem I have is that I can't issue commands as fast as you because if you select your marines and right click almost at the same time they dont move, you know what I mean? So I sometimes have to double right click to be sure that they will follow the command.


I've been having the exact same problem since the abyssus I've used for about 10 months now broke and I've been trying other mice. Every other mouse i try to use feels too sensitive to the two mice buttons overlapping and it just decides to ignore one of my button presses. What mouse do you or anyone else having this problem use?
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-30 02:01:19
October 29 2012 18:47 GMT
#528
For those of you going to MLG:



A new MLG edition has been uploaded: Marine Split Challenge MLG.

The next MLG will have a booth featuring this version with prizes to boot. (essentially the same, except for some minor cosmetic differences)
griffith.583 (NA)
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
October 29 2012 18:52 GMT
#529
The problem I have is that I can't issue commands as fast as you because if you select your marines and right click almost at the same time they dont move

Before the arcade patch, you could play the map offline, and therefore there was no lagg, but now you're forced to play it online, and you get the awful delay from custom games. So yeah it's way harder to reach higher levels on this map now
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-30 02:01:12
October 30 2012 02:00 GMT
#530
On October 30 2012 03:52 Nimix wrote:
Show nested quote +
The problem I have is that I can't issue commands as fast as you because if you select your marines and right click almost at the same time they dont move

Before the arcade patch, you could play the map offline, and therefore there was no lagg, but now you're forced to play it online, and you get the awful delay from custom games. So yeah it's way harder to reach higher levels on this map now


Hm interesting, I didn't know people played it offline. Probably better though to practice with realistic lag

(and B.net 0.2 lag is NOTHING like extra high latency on b.net 1.0) - and people could split marines against lurkers on that.
griffith.583 (NA)
Griffith`
Profile Joined September 2010
714 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-07 19:17:52
November 07 2012 19:17 GMT
#531
Highest level reached at MLG was level 18

mods: are old posts no longer editable?
griffith.583 (NA)
Celestia
Profile Joined February 2011
Mexico376 Posts
November 15 2012 00:32 GMT
#532
On October 25 2012 06:15 kill619 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 21 2012 16:06 Celestia wrote:
On October 20 2012 07:26 Mongoose wrote:
Hey everyone, I made a tutorial video on how to do pro marine splits without using any gimicks. The video features this map, marine split challenge :D

To prove I am qualified to make a tutorial on it, I have got to level 30 once (with creep, speed and stim), and can regularly get past level 25 after not long.

I 'split' the art of marine splitting into several different techniques, which, when used in conjunction with each other, will allow you to get awesome marine splits like MKP and other pros.

It requires a lot of practise and patience, but will greatly improve your mouse accuracy and general unit control.
This is the way I learned to marine split and after many hours (probably like 10+ hours) of practising, I have got to a good level.

I don't think it requires its own thread so I'm posting it here instead;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZBiToPSJ1M

This is probably the best splitting guide out there right now, thx to your previous vods I just learned how to split better. I can reach lvl 18 without stim and 22 with stim (with a lot of work). The problem I have is that I can't issue commands as fast as you because if you select your marines and right click almost at the same time they dont move, you know what I mean? So I sometimes have to double right click to be sure that they will follow the command.


I've been having the exact same problem since the abyssus I've used for about 10 months now broke and I've been trying other mice. Every other mouse i try to use feels too sensitive to the two mice buttons overlapping and it just decides to ignore one of my button presses. What mouse do you or anyone else having this problem use?

I use the Abyssus, but I think Mongoose is right, after practicing more you get this problem less.
PanzerPony
Profile Joined April 2011
85 Posts
November 18 2012 23:59 GMT
#533
On October 20 2012 07:26 Mongoose wrote:
Hey everyone, I made a tutorial video on how to do pro marine splits without using any gimicks. The video features this map, marine split challenge :D

To prove I am qualified to make a tutorial on it, I have got to level 30 once (with creep, speed and stim), and can regularly get past level 25 after not long.

I 'split' the art of marine splitting into several different techniques, which, when used in conjunction with each other, will allow you to get awesome marine splits like MKP and other pros.

It requires a lot of practise and patience, but will greatly improve your mouse accuracy and general unit control.
This is the way I learned to marine split and after many hours (probably like 10+ hours) of practising, I have got to a good level.

I don't think it requires its own thread so I'm posting it here instead;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZBiToPSJ1M


This is the first time I see someone actually explaining what is a good way to go about splitting marines. Mad props for doing this!

I've usually been using what you call "box-splitting", but I had a problem of having like 3 medium-sized groups of marines, and not having enough time to split all of them into smaller groups. I tried simple "line splitting" like you show in the video, and it works amazingly well compared to what I could achieve before.

Seriously, this video needs to be featured on TL or something, every terran should know this!
Lynq
Profile Joined November 2012
United Kingdom1 Post
November 19 2012 05:40 GMT
#534
That video is crazy detailed, thanks a lot for sharing it.
Mongoose
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom190 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-01 13:15:31
November 21 2012 23:59 GMT
#535
On November 19 2012 08:59 PanzerPony wrote:

This is the first time I see someone actually explaining what is a good way to go about splitting marines. Mad props for doing this!

I've usually been using what you call "box-splitting", but I had a problem of having like 3 medium-sized groups of marines, and not having enough time to split all of them into smaller groups. I tried simple "line splitting" like you show in the video, and it works amazingly well compared to what I could achieve before.

Seriously, this video needs to be featured on TL or something, every terran should know this!

I'm glad you found it useful
Master league EU Terran
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
December 22 2012 17:58 GMT
#536
damn this custom game has taken a many ladder hours away from me
''you got to yolo things up to win''
Khalleb
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1909 Posts
January 02 2013 06:13 GMT
#537
i triyed to find in NA but i wasnt able is the map still on the server? if so under what named
Liquid'Nony: "I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok."
Fencar
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States2694 Posts
January 02 2013 08:42 GMT
#538
On January 02 2013 15:13 Khalleb wrote:
i triyed to find in NA but i wasnt able is the map still on the server? if so under what named

It is on AM server, just search "Marine Split" and you should be able to find it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Wolvmatt.
Profile Joined April 2011
205 Posts
January 09 2013 01:35 GMT
#539
Does this game still exist? I can't find it anymore.
kingriver
Profile Joined February 2013
1 Post
February 11 2013 21:09 GMT
#540
I mate it in to levle 13!
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 663
UpATreeSC 110
JuggernautJason30
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19109
firebathero 189
Rush 133
Dewaltoss 96
Shine 21
Sexy 20
Bale 12
yabsab 11
Djem5 1
Dota 2
Gorgc7980
qojqva1446
monkeys_forever72
Counter-Strike
fl0m1562
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1858
crisheroes1143
Liquid`Hasu656
XaKoH 144
MindelVK9
Other Games
Grubby2597
summit1g903
FrodaN863
Beastyqt792
ceh9650
ArmadaUGS187
byalli161
KnowMe161
C9.Mang0152
Hui .145
QueenE106
Trikslyr83
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream87
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 5
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• 80smullet 15
• FirePhoenix12
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• Nemesis1692
League of Legends
• TFBlade1318
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• Shiphtur243
• WagamamaTV239
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 13m
Stellar Fest
18h 13m
OSC
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 15h
Online Event
1d 16h
FEL
1d 21h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 22h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.