• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:31
CEST 03:31
KST 10:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8570 users

[UMS] Zillion Zerglings - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25 26 Next All
StUfF
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1437 Posts
November 21 2010 23:02 GMT
#61
Tanks are the only unit in the game that do friendly splash I think.
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
November 21 2010 23:13 GMT
#62
On November 22 2010 08:02 StUfF wrote:
Tanks are the only unit in the game that do friendly splash I think.


Thank you.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 14:08:34
November 22 2010 14:05 GMT
#63
On November 22 2010 07:52 Vanished131 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2010 20:43 PlaGuE_R wrote:
zerglings just walk through the wall in in level 1....as P and T


If someone else can vouch that this occurs, I will investigate and fix immediately.

Sufficiency,

4,000 zerglings is accumulated in the middle of the 8th level.

Since you can skip the wait timer, this should take little more than 7 minutes. I don't think you really played the latest version. If you did, could you comment on what I could improve to make it more fun?


I am not sure how it could be made more fun. I mean, every single level is pretty uniform, for better or worse - you just get more Zerglings. You also get a very small amount of mineral (even after using a mineral-friendly personality) so there are few changes after each round except adding a couple of more Hellions. In fact, the only thing I felt was strategic was to get the upgrades for the Hellions.

If the game allows spawning of other units, say Zealots, then it should be called Zillion Zealots instead! And that should be a different map!

The only thing left to consider, probably, is to make the Zerglings receive attack/defense upgrades instead of spawning more of them. Theoretically, this should be the game just as difficult, but with a lot less waiting. I am not really sure about this, though, because it seems to go against the essence of your map.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
venomium
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands245 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-22 16:42:02
November 22 2010 16:39 GMT
#64
12170 points here... Damn, that was hard; a great map!

PF-SD-EB-SD-PF
FAC--------------FAC
RAX-TL-RAX-SD

Hellions and upgraded rines, pre-igniter is your friend.

I also upgraded Stim and Shields, but I don't think that that's worth it... Medivacs are too late tech and too expensive (since you only get about 60 minerals after round 5/6?
" I think we finally found the magic number of guns needed to be pointed at the TL hive mind to deter sexual molestation (9)" -Coagulation
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
November 22 2010 22:10 GMT
#65
On November 22 2010 23:05 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 07:52 Vanished131 wrote:
On November 21 2010 20:43 PlaGuE_R wrote:
zerglings just walk through the wall in in level 1....as P and T


If someone else can vouch that this occurs, I will investigate and fix immediately.

Sufficiency,

4,000 zerglings is accumulated in the middle of the 8th level.

Since you can skip the wait timer, this should take little more than 7 minutes. I don't think you really played the latest version. If you did, could you comment on what I could improve to make it more fun?


I am not sure how it could be made more fun. I mean, every single level is pretty uniform, for better or worse - you just get more Zerglings. You also get a very small amount of mineral (even after using a mineral-friendly personality) so there are few changes after each round except adding a couple of more Hellions. In fact, the only thing I felt was strategic was to get the upgrades for the Hellions.

If the game allows spawning of other units, say Zealots, then it should be called Zillion Zealots instead! And that should be a different map!

The only thing left to consider, probably, is to make the Zerglings receive attack/defense upgrades instead of spawning more of them. Theoretically, this should be the game just as difficult, but with a lot less waiting. I am not really sure about this, though, because it seems to go against the essence of your map.


Thank you for proving you haven't played the game. Zerglings do recieve upgrades.

I adjusted the rate at which minerals are recieved. Everyone also recieves a constant 25 gas every round.
JakeDaSnake
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1 Post
November 23 2010 03:10 GMT
#66
This is little werid to me. I wall in and zerglings just spawn in the middle and just overwhlem me in seconds...
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
November 23 2010 03:15 GMT
#67
On November 23 2010 12:10 JakeDaSnake wrote:
This is little werid to me. I wall in and zerglings just spawn in the middle and just overwhlem me in seconds...


The first level spawns the zerglings from the ground in the center. I plan to change this soon.
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
November 23 2010 12:57 GMT
#68
On November 23 2010 07:10 Vanished131 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2010 23:05 Sufficiency wrote:
On November 22 2010 07:52 Vanished131 wrote:
On November 21 2010 20:43 PlaGuE_R wrote:
zerglings just walk through the wall in in level 1....as P and T


If someone else can vouch that this occurs, I will investigate and fix immediately.

Sufficiency,

4,000 zerglings is accumulated in the middle of the 8th level.

Since you can skip the wait timer, this should take little more than 7 minutes. I don't think you really played the latest version. If you did, could you comment on what I could improve to make it more fun?


I am not sure how it could be made more fun. I mean, every single level is pretty uniform, for better or worse - you just get more Zerglings. You also get a very small amount of mineral (even after using a mineral-friendly personality) so there are few changes after each round except adding a couple of more Hellions. In fact, the only thing I felt was strategic was to get the upgrades for the Hellions.

If the game allows spawning of other units, say Zealots, then it should be called Zillion Zealots instead! And that should be a different map!

The only thing left to consider, probably, is to make the Zerglings receive attack/defense upgrades instead of spawning more of them. Theoretically, this should be the game just as difficult, but with a lot less waiting. I am not really sure about this, though, because it seems to go against the essence of your map.


Thank you for proving you haven't played the game. Zerglings do recieve upgrades.

I adjusted the rate at which minerals are recieved. Everyone also recieves a constant 25 gas every round.


Yea, that's what you said about being able to choose any race you want, as well.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
NullCurrent
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden245 Posts
November 23 2010 13:28 GMT
#69
Would it, from a gameplay view, be possible to change the workers so that they always pass through other units?
Because now it is quite frustrating to move the workers through a tight packed marine ball (mainly scvs when repair is needed).
The Planetary Workshop - TPW - Mapmaking Team
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-23 19:05:48
November 23 2010 19:00 GMT
#70
On November 23 2010 21:57 Sufficiency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 23 2010 07:10 Vanished131 wrote:
On November 22 2010 23:05 Sufficiency wrote:
On November 22 2010 07:52 Vanished131 wrote:
On November 21 2010 20:43 PlaGuE_R wrote:
zerglings just walk through the wall in in level 1....as P and T


If someone else can vouch that this occurs, I will investigate and fix immediately.

Sufficiency,

4,000 zerglings is accumulated in the middle of the 8th level.

Since you can skip the wait timer, this should take little more than 7 minutes. I don't think you really played the latest version. If you did, could you comment on what I could improve to make it more fun?


I am not sure how it could be made more fun. I mean, every single level is pretty uniform, for better or worse - you just get more Zerglings. You also get a very small amount of mineral (even after using a mineral-friendly personality) so there are few changes after each round except adding a couple of more Hellions. In fact, the only thing I felt was strategic was to get the upgrades for the Hellions.

If the game allows spawning of other units, say Zealots, then it should be called Zillion Zealots instead! And that should be a different map!

The only thing left to consider, probably, is to make the Zerglings receive attack/defense upgrades instead of spawning more of them. Theoretically, this should be the game just as difficult, but with a lot less waiting. I am not really sure about this, though, because it seems to go against the essence of your map.


Thank you for proving you haven't played the game. Zerglings do recieve upgrades.

I adjusted the rate at which minerals are recieved. Everyone also recieves a constant 25 gas every round.


Yea, that's what you said about being able to choose any race you want, as well.


*sigh* I just realized you are on Europe... I will send that q guy another update later.

You'll like it! Trust me.

I'll send you the update as soon as you reply to me.
Wheazel
Profile Joined November 2010
1 Post
November 23 2010 21:05 GMT
#71
Played this map on the EU server to 105000 kills (3hours approx) Then went to school and came back 5hours later and i wasn't in the game anymore. Probably dead. However, the zerglings got no upgrades during the time I played, and I basically came to a point where nothing took any damage.

The overlord drop waves were the most painful as they fed the zerglings out so slowly.
Tactic was basically planetary fortresses with supplies blocking everything but 1 attacktile and bunkers with reapers/rines.
Monxy
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland46 Posts
November 23 2010 23:17 GMT
#72
Ouch, it's finally something both hard and interesting in EU. Thanks a lot for bringing us a map a lot of people has been waiting for.
Terran Commander - "In your face Zergs, we're walled off, there's nothing you can do... Hey, what's this creep doing here?"
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
November 24 2010 00:40 GMT
#73
On November 24 2010 06:05 Wheazel wrote:
Played this map on the EU server to 105000 kills (3hours approx) Then went to school and came back 5hours later and i wasn't in the game anymore. Probably dead. However, the zerglings got no upgrades during the time I played, and I basically came to a point where nothing took any damage.

The overlord drop waves were the most painful as they fed the zerglings out so slowly.
Tactic was basically planetary fortresses with supplies blocking everything but 1 attacktile and bunkers with reapers/rines.


There was a slight error in the coding that gave players insane amounts of minerals. This has been fixed. I'll adjust the overlord levels; remind me later!
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
November 24 2010 00:54 GMT
#74
On November 24 2010 08:17 Monxy wrote:
Ouch, it's finally something both hard and interesting in EU. Thanks a lot for bringing us a map a lot of people has been waiting for.


Q updated this today already. Please enjoy the new version! I hope it works, as I haven't tried it yet. Ha!
Monxy
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland46 Posts
November 24 2010 08:04 GMT
#75
I'm not sure if it's the same in US but here in EU it's very popular.
Terran Commander - "In your face Zergs, we're walled off, there's nothing you can do... Hey, what's this creep doing here?"
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
November 24 2010 09:21 GMT
#76
On November 24 2010 17:04 Monxy wrote:
I'm not sure if it's the same in US but here in EU it's very popular.


It's not quite there yet.

There is currently a bug floating around on EU that allows player to gain large sums of minerals.

Q will update this as soon as possible. I also changed one of the round styles. I will post some details as to how the game works in the original thread concerning round styles in a few minutes.
Sitcaf
Profile Joined November 2010
1 Post
November 24 2010 13:40 GMT
#77
Play as protoss -> Talent in gas -> Rush to mothership -> gg (no detection)

I am currently at 43k kills
Delarchon
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland132 Posts
November 24 2010 14:10 GMT
#78
So this doesnt ever end?

Im currently at 20k with just stacking pf but i dont think i have patience to keep this going on much longer.
What kind of sorcery is this?
Vanished131
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
France311 Posts
November 24 2010 14:19 GMT
#79
On November 24 2010 23:10 Delarchon wrote:
So this doesnt ever end?

Im currently at 20k with just stacking pf but i dont think i have patience to keep this going on much longer.


On November 24 2010 22:40 Sitcaf wrote:
Play as protoss -> Talent in gas -> Rush to mothership -> gg (no detection)

I am currently at 43k kills


Please refer to my previous post.
Monxy
Profile Joined September 2010
Poland46 Posts
November 24 2010 14:24 GMT
#80
Oh, and there's one thing I'd really like to know, what is the math sequence for "How many lings there will be in x round?"
Terran Commander - "In your face Zergs, we're walled off, there's nothing you can do... Hey, what's this creep doing here?"
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft492
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft479
RuFF_SC2 94
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1071
White-Ra 152
NaDa 58
Hyuk 55
Noble 54
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift4793
Counter-Strike
taco 477
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox608
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor741
Other Games
summit1g7055
Coldzera 865
C9.Mang0307
ViBE61
Mew2King55
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick672
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream86
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21526
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
8h 30m
Online Event
9h 30m
FEL
14h 30m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
INu's Battles
1d 10h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.