• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:26
CEST 15:26
KST 22:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7142 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 55

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 182 Next
EnderCraft
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1746 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-19 04:59:38
July 19 2011 04:58 GMT
#1081
edit: wrong thread
SC:BW has a higher skill ceiling than SC2? SC 64 is where it's at brah.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
July 19 2011 17:10 GMT
#1082
I encountered another problem and it's been irritating the heck out of me. I'm trying to work around water right now but I keep running into this bug. Basically I know how to use the smooth tool to blend water with land, but there is this one little area that just won't smooth out no matter what I do, whether it's trying to smooth it continuously, raise/lower the land to try it again... nothing is working to smooth this piece out.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Does anyone know how to fix this or work with water in a better way?
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
BadgerBadger8264
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands409 Posts
July 19 2011 18:26 GMT
#1083
Why is there always a third player present in the IPL games (you can see a third player, always a terran, present in the production tab), is it some sort of bug or is there actually a reason? It was there on 2 player maps as well (Xel'Naga Caverns)
Simple
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States801 Posts
July 20 2011 22:48 GMT
#1084
hows the battle.net custom maps scene these days? when i was on it (the month following release) there was maybe 10 maps that were any decent to play. are there a lot more now? im considering rebuying it, and im mostly into custom maps over mm or pvp
Archvil3
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark989 Posts
July 21 2011 09:01 GMT
#1085
On July 20 2011 03:26 BadgerBadger8264 wrote:
Why is there always a third player present in the IPL games (you can see a third player, always a terran, present in the production tab), is it some sort of bug or is there actually a reason? It was there on 2 player maps as well (Xel'Naga Caverns)


it's called a "cloaked map".

Cloaked maps doesnt show winner or build order on battlenet so you can hide the result, which is why some tournaments use these maps. Why a 3rd player is required and how you exactly make a cloaked map I dont know though.
Let thy speech be better than silence, or be silent.
Danage
Profile Joined July 2011
3 Posts
July 21 2011 15:21 GMT
#1086
I would like to know how to change a unit to flying without changeing the unit, like just change the unit from ground type to flying type.

I don't want it to change unit because the unit is moving at the time it happens and it makes it look wrong... like the unit lags or something...

Thanks guys
Jyon
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom39 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-21 15:38:03
July 21 2011 15:36 GMT
#1087
edit: wrong thread. Fail - sorry!
fenX
Profile Joined February 2011
France127 Posts
July 21 2011 17:37 GMT
#1088
How can I edit/replace cliff textures ?
I know how to do it with terrain textures, replacing the .dds file, I extracted and edited cliff textures the same way but can't find them in the data editor to actualy apply the texture, all I found is link to a .m3 file. I guess it's for the cliff 3D model, but I'd like to only modify the texture and apply it to an existing 3D model.
My map thread : http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=195518
Flight
Profile Joined August 2010
Brazil163 Posts
July 21 2011 20:38 GMT
#1089
Back in Warcraft 3 there was a micro tournament map, with only ladder units (no single player units or anything usermade). You could choose your line up using a set amount of resources, without seeing the other player's units. And then there would be a 1v1 quick battles tournament until a champion is defined, and everything is reset.

Is there a map like this for SC2?
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
July 23 2011 16:54 GMT
#1090
Does anyone know if there's a SC2 beta UMS?

I keep telling my friends about 45 second warp gates, maraduers spawning with concussive shells, 1 food 2 armor 4 range roaches that moved faster after they burrowed, reactors building 5 seconds slower than tech lab etc. etc. etc. And of course they really want to play it, so if someone could point me in the correct direction, or tell me it doesn't exist, that'd be much appreciated.
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
July 23 2011 20:15 GMT
#1091
Should water be unbuildable? I like using it for aesthetic purposes but I feel i'm limiting players from building places.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
tdynasty
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada220 Posts
July 24 2011 07:27 GMT
#1092
I don't know if i'm having a problem.

Basically i'm trying to load a map i've been playing on battle.net (its called SC2 Rise of Heroes)

I'm trying to find it in my sc2editor, but it seems that in recently played it's not there.
It also seems like any newly played map is not on the editor,

I only have 24 maps in my recently played when i go on it in the editor,
But ingame I have alot alot more :S

I'm not sure how to get my maps loaded onto the editor am I doing something wrong?
I click open, b.net, i punch in my password/acc, move to source:recently played.

!!!
French Canada
Danage
Profile Joined July 2011
3 Posts
July 24 2011 14:03 GMT
#1093
I could still use some help, and is there any way to set a variable up with multiple initial values when using indexing?
Danage
Profile Joined July 2011
3 Posts
July 25 2011 10:44 GMT
#1094
Events
Unit - Any Unit uses Raynor - Toss Grenade at Generic1 - Any stage (Ignore shared abilities)
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
UI - Display "Tosses a grenade" for (All players) to Subtitle area


For some reason it displays the message 7 times when I cast the ability, why on earth is it doing that? It's acting as if I'm casting the ability 7 times when infact I'm only casting it once...
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
July 25 2011 15:10 GMT
#1095
On July 24 2011 16:27 tdynasty wrote:
I don't know if i'm having a problem.

Basically i'm trying to load a map i've been playing on battle.net (its called SC2 Rise of Heroes)

I'm trying to find it in my sc2editor, but it seems that in recently played it's not there.
It also seems like any newly played map is not on the editor,

I only have 24 maps in my recently played when i go on it in the editor,
But ingame I have alot alot more :S

I'm not sure how to get my maps loaded onto the editor am I doing something wrong?
I click open, b.net, i punch in my password/acc, move to source:recently played.

!!!

Most of the maps these days are beeing published in 'Locked' modus, that means they're not gonna appear in the editor. It's to prevent other people from downloading and changing/stealing stuff.
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
NickMP
Profile Joined February 2011
United States46 Posts
July 27 2011 02:59 GMT
#1096
On July 25 2011 19:44 Danage wrote:
Show nested quote +
Events
Unit - Any Unit uses Raynor - Toss Grenade at Generic1 - Any stage (Ignore shared abilities)
Local Variables
Conditions
Actions
UI - Display "Tosses a grenade" for (All players) to Subtitle area


For some reason it displays the message 7 times when I cast the ability, why on earth is it doing that? It's acting as if I'm casting the ability 7 times when infact I'm only casting it once...


Any stage (Ignore shared abilities)

This right here, change it to something like "Started" or "Completed".
Its creating a message thoughou tthe time that raynor is using the abillity.
This should fix it.
I'm trying to learn how to play tetris A type music by lowering/raising my Supply Depots.
HelloxD
Profile Joined May 2011
378 Posts
July 27 2011 07:44 GMT
#1097
How can i add phoenix into my gameplay?
Never find the time to build a stargate because twilight council and robotic facilities come first.
What is the best time to add a stargate?
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
July 27 2011 07:50 GMT
#1098
Wrong topic sir, this is custom maps & mods
KCCO!
TibblesEvilCat
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom766 Posts
July 28 2011 10:12 GMT
#1099
How do i make mini-map less dark? i've used a custom tile set mix from other sets and the map itself is normal, but the minimap is really dark.
Live Fast Die Young :D
ponies
Profile Joined July 2011
Indonesia9 Posts
July 30 2011 23:52 GMT
#1100
how do I play custom maps on bnet? I can't seem to find the custom map button...
"Quantity is a quality"
Prev 1 53 54 55 56 57 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1036
RotterdaM536
TKL 221
SteadfastSC201
Rex114
CosmosSc2 27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 536
ByuN 284
TKL 212
SteadfastSC 201
Rex 114
CosmosSc2 27
Codebar 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38465
Shuttle 2406
Jaedong 1127
Horang2 873
Soulkey 490
Mini 391
EffOrt 361
Stork 347
Larva 272
Soma 234
[ Show more ]
actioN 224
BeSt 213
ZerO 206
Rush 187
Snow 181
Last 156
Mong 149
firebathero 133
Zeus 91
910 78
Free 75
Mind 74
Hyun 61
sorry 55
hero 47
PianO 47
Sharp 41
Yoon 40
JYJ 38
Shinee 36
Pusan 34
Shine 31
Hm[arnc] 30
Bale 30
Sexy 23
ToSsGirL 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 17
Terrorterran 12
scan(afreeca) 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Rock 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4370
Dendi1325
canceldota71
Counter-Strike
fl0m1169
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King171
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes533
Lowko338
Other Games
gofns77620
singsing2320
olofmeister1027
B2W.Neo329
hiko306
DeMusliM223
Livibee176
Pyrionflax163
Liquid`VortiX104
QueenE61
Trikslyr58
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1376
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH140
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1579
• Jankos1530
• TFBlade343
Other Games
• Shiphtur629
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 34m
The PondCast
20h 34m
INu's Battles
21h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.