• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:40
CEST 16:40
KST 23:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)46Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8905 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 137

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 182 Next
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-05-20 17:38:57
May 20 2014 17:38 GMT
#2721
On May 20 2014 02:45 19Meavis93 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is a simple question but it might be, I have this WiP map with over 1k doodads, and all of a sudden the editor decided to rotate them with a random number between .2 and .4 degrees, how could this have happend and how do I prevent/fix it?

also, backups don't work as it seems to have fucked over any saves/backups aswell.


That has happened to me as well. Don't know any way to fix it except to rotate the doodads back.
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
EseNcEIncubus
Profile Joined February 2014
Canada39 Posts
May 22 2014 02:28 GMT
#2722
On May 17 2014 23:44 Namrufus wrote:
Go to "Map->Team Placement (Basic)" in the editor to prevent certain spawning combinations.


Can you explain in detail what I'm supposed to do? I'm a little lost. I have four spawn points like Way Station, I want players to be forced cross every time.

Spawn position 1 is top right, Spawn position 2 is bottom left.
Spawn position 3 is bottom right, Spawn position 4 if top left.

What exact settings do I need in the "Player" and "Team Placement (Basic)" tabs in order for players to randomly spawn in any of those positions with the only restriction being forced cross from each other?
MorDka
Profile Joined October 2012
Poland543 Posts
May 22 2014 06:13 GMT
#2723
What is the name of map they play here:
+ Show Spoiler +

And is it uploaded to EU server?
subtlerevolution
Profile Joined June 2014
France37 Posts
June 11 2014 15:04 GMT
#2724
How is it that no one has nominated Templar to be the custom maps subforum mod?
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-11 17:06:19
June 11 2014 16:12 GMT
#2725
On June 12 2014 00:04 subtlerevolution wrote:
How is it that no one has nominated Templar to be the custom maps subforum mod?

-I'm pretty sure that the staff is not even considering making me mod anywhere anytime soon.
-I haven't done much in this sub forum recently (except map jams and participating in all the map competitions)

That's pretty much the main two reasons there I think.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
subtlerevolution
Profile Joined June 2014
France37 Posts
June 12 2014 10:35 GMT
#2726
I am probably a hopeless romantic but I can't shake the feeling that it is just that they did not think of it.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 12 2014 12:43 GMT
#2727
Well, you could suggest it somewhere that they are more likely to read it, but they will probably ignore/reject it.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
ChopTheHassan
Profile Joined June 2014
35 Posts
June 20 2014 22:03 GMT
#2728
How do you open up a map in the map editor that you can't find with the search tools built in to the map editor? I want to open up Outboxer but I can't find it anywhere.
HassanChop/
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
June 20 2014 22:31 GMT
#2729
On June 21 2014 07:03 ChopTheHassan wrote:
How do you open up a map in the map editor that you can't find with the search tools built in to the map editor? I want to open up Outboxer but I can't find it anywhere.

Do you have Outboxer downloaded in your PC? the Outboxer .sc2map file or do you want to download it from Battle.net?
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
ChopTheHassan
Profile Joined June 2014
35 Posts
June 21 2014 02:55 GMT
#2730
On June 21 2014 07:31 Uvantak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2014 07:03 ChopTheHassan wrote:
How do you open up a map in the map editor that you can't find with the search tools built in to the map editor? I want to open up Outboxer but I can't find it anywhere.

Do you have Outboxer downloaded in your PC? the Outboxer .sc2map file or do you want to download it from Battle.net?

I'm not sure, I did play on the map in a custom game so that means the map file is somewhere on my computer I guess?
HassanChop/
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
June 21 2014 05:31 GMT
#2731
On June 21 2014 11:55 ChopTheHassan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2014 07:31 Uvantak wrote:
On June 21 2014 07:03 ChopTheHassan wrote:
How do you open up a map in the map editor that you can't find with the search tools built in to the map editor? I want to open up Outboxer but I can't find it anywhere.

Do you have Outboxer downloaded in your PC? the Outboxer .sc2map file or do you want to download it from Battle.net?

I'm not sure, I did play on the map in a custom game so that means the map file is somewhere on my computer I guess?

Yes, the map was downloaded but it is obfuscated inside the sc2 folder, codified. If you want to access and edit the map you will need to download it from Battle.net with the Galaxy Editor and then save it as a .sc2map file so you can have it in your PC.

I tried searching Outboxer for you in the AM & Kr servers but the map is not displaying for download, that means that the map is not open for editing sadly :/

But anyways here's a small tutorial for you (just screenshots really, it is very easy to do), so you can open other maps that ARE open for edition (like mine for example! ;3)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
ChopTheHassan
Profile Joined June 2014
35 Posts
June 21 2014 15:51 GMT
#2732
On June 21 2014 14:31 Uvantak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2014 11:55 ChopTheHassan wrote:
On June 21 2014 07:31 Uvantak wrote:
On June 21 2014 07:03 ChopTheHassan wrote:
How do you open up a map in the map editor that you can't find with the search tools built in to the map editor? I want to open up Outboxer but I can't find it anywhere.

Do you have Outboxer downloaded in your PC? the Outboxer .sc2map file or do you want to download it from Battle.net?

I'm not sure, I did play on the map in a custom game so that means the map file is somewhere on my computer I guess?

Yes, the map was downloaded but it is obfuscated inside the sc2 folder, codified. If you want to access and edit the map you will need to download it from Battle.net with the Galaxy Editor and then save it as a .sc2map file so you can have it in your PC.

I tried searching Outboxer for you in the AM & Kr servers but the map is not displaying for download, that means that the map is not open for editing sadly :/

But anyways here's a small tutorial for you (just screenshots really, it is very easy to do), so you can open other maps that ARE open for edition (like mine for example! ;3)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


That's a damn shame, but thanks for your help. I just wanted to know the name of a doodad that I didn't recognize but oh well.
HassanChop/
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
June 21 2014 16:22 GMT
#2733
On June 22 2014 00:51 ChopTheHassan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2014 14:31 Uvantak wrote:
On June 21 2014 11:55 ChopTheHassan wrote:
On June 21 2014 07:31 Uvantak wrote:
On June 21 2014 07:03 ChopTheHassan wrote:
How do you open up a map in the map editor that you can't find with the search tools built in to the map editor? I want to open up Outboxer but I can't find it anywhere.

Do you have Outboxer downloaded in your PC? the Outboxer .sc2map file or do you want to download it from Battle.net?

I'm not sure, I did play on the map in a custom game so that means the map file is somewhere on my computer I guess?

Yes, the map was downloaded but it is obfuscated inside the sc2 folder, codified. If you want to access and edit the map you will need to download it from Battle.net with the Galaxy Editor and then save it as a .sc2map file so you can have it in your PC.

I tried searching Outboxer for you in the AM & Kr servers but the map is not displaying for download, that means that the map is not open for editing sadly :/

But anyways here's a small tutorial for you (just screenshots really, it is very easy to do), so you can open other maps that ARE open for edition (like mine for example! ;3)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


That's a damn shame, but thanks for your help. I just wanted to know the name of a doodad that I didn't recognize but oh well.

I fit was because of a single doodad you can still find it, just search for it here http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/all-doodads/images/
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
subtlerevolution
Profile Joined June 2014
France37 Posts
June 23 2014 11:30 GMT
#2734
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 22 2014 01:22 Uvantak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 00:51 ChopTheHassan wrote:
On June 21 2014 14:31 Uvantak wrote:
On June 21 2014 11:55 ChopTheHassan wrote:
On June 21 2014 07:31 Uvantak wrote:
On June 21 2014 07:03 ChopTheHassan wrote:
How do you open up a map in the map editor that you can't find with the search tools built in to the map editor? I want to open up Outboxer but I can't find it anywhere.

Do you have Outboxer downloaded in your PC? the Outboxer .sc2map file or do you want to download it from Battle.net?

I'm not sure, I did play on the map in a custom game so that means the map file is somewhere on my computer I guess?

Yes, the map was downloaded but it is obfuscated inside the sc2 folder, codified. If you want to access and edit the map you will need to download it from Battle.net with the Galaxy Editor and then save it as a .sc2map file so you can have it in your PC.

I tried searching Outboxer for you in the AM & Kr servers but the map is not displaying for download, that means that the map is not open for editing sadly :/

But anyways here's a small tutorial for you (just screenshots really, it is very easy to do), so you can open other maps that ARE open for edition (like mine for example! ;3)

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]


That's a damn shame, but thanks for your help. I just wanted to know the name of a doodad that I didn't recognize but oh well.

I fit was because of a single doodad you can still find it, just search for it here http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/all-doodads/images/

all hail mapster
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
June 24 2014 15:55 GMT
#2735
not sure where to ask this but, i have 25 missions completed on brutal in wings of liberty and afaik there is that 1 "secret" mission that you had to do wayyyyyyyy back and i didnt do it for some reason, so is there anyway for me to still get 26/26 without starting aaaaaaaaaaaaall over again? and why did blizzard do this secret mission stuff? seems pretty retarded just let me do 25 missions and give me the completion thing wtf.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
June 24 2014 16:48 GMT
#2736
On June 25 2014 00:55 whiteLotus wrote:
not sure where to ask this but, i have 25 missions completed on brutal in wings of liberty and afaik there is that 1 "secret" mission that you had to do wayyyyyyyy back and i didnt do it for some reason, so is there anyway for me to still get 26/26 without starting aaaaaaaaaaaaall over again? and why did blizzard do this secret mission stuff? seems pretty retarded just let me do 25 missions and give me the completion thing wtf.

This would go over in the sc2 version of this thread, but since you posted it here…
In the bottom right of media blitz, there's a science facility or something that you kill, which unlocks the secret mission. I think, though, that you have to be at that point in the campaign to unlock it and you can't do it from mission archives.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
June 24 2014 17:36 GMT
#2737
On June 25 2014 00:55 whiteLotus wrote:
not sure where to ask this but, i have 25 missions completed on brutal in wings of liberty and afaik there is that 1 "secret" mission that you had to do wayyyyyyyy back and i didnt do it for some reason, so is there anyway for me to still get 26/26 without starting aaaaaaaaaaaaall over again? and why did blizzard do this secret mission stuff? seems pretty retarded just let me do 25 missions and give me the completion thing wtf.

Sorry friend, you need to unlock the secret mission on the initial play-through of Media Blitz, which means you gotta do it over again. I had to do the same.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Dapper_Cad
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom964 Posts
July 01 2014 23:47 GMT
#2738
Perhaps this is the wrong place but...I was wondering if there is a good history of Broodwar map making that anyone knows about.
But he is never making short-term prediction, everyone of his prediction are based on fundenmentals, but he doesn't exactly know when it will happen... So using these kind of narrowed "who-is-right" empirical analysis makes little sense.
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
July 02 2014 05:20 GMT
#2739
On July 02 2014 08:47 Dapper_Cad wrote:
Perhaps this is the wrong place but...I was wondering if there is a good history of Broodwar map making that anyone knows about.


check this out: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/brood-war/84214-a-decade-of-promaps-dec-1998-dec-2008
This is it... the alpaca lips.
watchlulu
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany475 Posts
July 02 2014 14:30 GMT
#2740
Hey guys I have a short question:

I want to make a map with auto spawning.
I know how to make buildings spawn units as long as they're alive (make the building a units and so on) but I forgot how to enable that you can give these buildings rally points when you're playing

Like I know how to spawn Units in a Region but i want to have the possibility to start the game and then rally the units to wherever I want

Thanks in advance
Have a nice day!
Prev 1 135 136 137 138 139 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1329
ComeBackTV 486
SteadfastSC462
TaKeTV 388
LamboSC2290
IndyStarCraft 144
Rex140
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 462
LamboSC2 290
IndyStarCraft 144
ProTech141
Rex 140
BRAT_OK 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 37747
Shuttle 2531
Horang2 913
EffOrt 888
Light 840
Mini 785
Soma 395
BeSt 330
Stork 320
firebathero 304
[ Show more ]
Rush 266
Hyuk 257
Snow 217
ZerO 213
ggaemo 155
Leta 100
Pusan 85
hero 77
Killer 70
Sharp 51
sorry 40
Mind 34
Shinee 34
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 29
Bale 29
Mong 26
Yoon 24
Aegong 24
Trap 23
soO 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 20
Free 16
NotJumperer 13
Sacsri 11
JulyZerg 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Noble 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8785
Dendi949
qojqva762
Fuzer 167
420jenkins134
Counter-Strike
markeloff655
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1967
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 177
Other Games
singsing1984
B2W.Neo1033
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX177
ArmadaUGS136
QueenE107
Mew2King98
Railgan18
ZerO(Twitch)17
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Gemini_19 12
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• HerbMon 3
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2021
League of Legends
• Nemesis2793
• Jankos2358
• TFBlade946
Other Games
• WagamamaTV193
Upcoming Events
OSC
9h 21m
Stellar Fest
22h 21m
OSC
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 19h
Online Event
1d 20h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.