• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:03
CEST 01:03
KST 08:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10098 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 135

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 182 Next
Sinistro
Profile Joined February 2012
Brazil684 Posts
April 10 2014 01:55 GMT
#2681
Guys, I did a fresh install in a new hard drive and after installing SC2 using the battle.net app I'm facing a problem with the editor. I opens and works, allows me to draw stuff and even load campaign maps, but when I try to open any maps to the battle.net it crashes.

I login without a problem, it loads the whole document list (but only when I open the editor as administrator) and freezes. It is currently using 4 cores (more than SC2 usually does) and doing nothing. There is no Internet activity related to the editor process after some time (it uses the Internet for 2 mins to get the maps and it dies) and it is there using 4 cores at 80% each.

Anyone already had this kind of problem?
Fanatic-Templar
Profile Joined February 2010
Canada5819 Posts
April 10 2014 17:50 GMT
#2682
If anybody still uses the Brood War editor, I've been getting this issue with the computer's AI script. It'll use existing units to attack, but won't build any new ones. If I run the Terran Campaign Insane or Terran Custom Level scripts, they do fine (though they of course go completely ballistics due to the infinite resources I've given them) but with the easy to difficult Campaign scripts they just won't produce anything.

Does anybody have an idea of what I might have screwed up?
I bear this sig to commemorate the loss of the team icon that commemorated Oversky's 2008-2009 Proleague Round 1 performance.
theworldofdustoerba
Profile Joined November 2012
51 Posts
April 11 2014 18:28 GMT
#2683
hey guys in a dilemma here, i need my map Catachresis file, I lost it. im trying to remake it to a better version. I tried getting a hold of igrok and lefix, but there not responding, they may have the map file from long ago in the MotM sept i submitted. does anyone know an alternate plan?
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 11 2014 23:27 GMT
#2684
On April 12 2014 03:28 theworldofdustoerba wrote:
hey guys in a dilemma here, i need my map Catachresis file, I lost it. im trying to remake it to a better version. I tried getting a hold of igrok and lefix, but there not responding, they may have the map file from long ago in the MotM sept i submitted. does anyone know an alternate plan?

Pray that you publicly published it on Battle.net? Aside from that, sorry man. This is a classic case of why backing up your files is a good skill toi have.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-12 10:09:33
April 12 2014 10:08 GMT
#2685
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with the editor. I have two rock towers placed not far from each other, and when I make one collapse, the other one also collapse without having been attacked. Does anyone have an idea of why it does this?
Pics :
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
ConCentrate405
Profile Joined November 2013
Brazil71 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-12 11:54:18
April 12 2014 11:53 GMT
#2686
Where can I upload my map for TLMC?
I look like someone's uncle after a hard life
IeZaeL
Profile Joined July 2012
Italy991 Posts
April 12 2014 12:25 GMT
#2687
On April 12 2014 19:08 OtherWorld wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with the editor. I have two rock towers placed not far from each other, and when I make one collapse, the other one also collapse without having been attacked. Does anyone have an idea of why it does this?

[/spoiler]
Remove Conjoined behavior from the rock's data.

On April 12 2014 20:53 ConCentrate405 wrote:
Where can I upload my map for TLMC?

You dont have to. Just send the map file to TL and they will eventually upload it.
Author of Coda and Eastwatch.
OtherWorld
Profile Blog Joined October 2013
France17333 Posts
April 12 2014 12:54 GMT
#2688
On April 12 2014 21:25 IeZaeL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2014 19:08 OtherWorld wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with the editor. I have two rock towers placed not far from each other, and when I make one collapse, the other one also collapse without having been attacked. Does anyone have an idea of why it does this?

Remove Conjoined behavior from the rock's data.


Thank you very much, it works now :D
Used Sigs - New Sigs - Cheap Sigs - Buy the Best Cheap Sig near You at www.cheapsigforsale.com
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 12 2014 19:13 GMT
#2689
On April 12 2014 21:25 IeZaeL wrote:
You dont have to. Just send the map file to TL and they will eventually upload it.

I think what he's asking is where to host the map file to send it to TL for them to download. To that, I say take a look at this:

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/file-sharing-websites
Twitter: @iamcaustic
ConCentrate405
Profile Joined November 2013
Brazil71 Posts
April 12 2014 20:56 GMT
#2690
On April 13 2014 04:13 iamcaustic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2014 21:25 IeZaeL wrote:
You dont have to. Just send the map file to TL and they will eventually upload it.

I think what he's asking is where to host the map file to send it to TL for them to download. To that, I say take a look at this:

http://www.ebizmba.com/articles/file-sharing-websites

yeah this is what I wasn't sure. Thank you both for the help.
I look like someone's uncle after a hard life
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
April 14 2014 14:01 GMT
#2691
There is no quick way to mirror/rotate painted pathing, is there?
not a community mapmaker
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
April 14 2014 15:12 GMT
#2692
You can use the symmetry tool, it works wonders, but you can't copy/paste pathing paint as long as i know.


Has anyone been experiencing issues with the fog lately? i realized a couple days ago that the fog is not showing up in the overviews of my maps (just the overviews!), which is a pity because they now look freaking awful without the fog ;_;
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-14 15:47:38
April 14 2014 15:45 GMT
#2693
The symmetry tool is great, but you can't use it with W-sym maps.

I actually have a very similar fog problem, except mine also disappears when zooming out too far in the terrain editor. I assume you made sure that fog effects are enabled under "view options" in the window where you export map images or that the view options are set to match the game.

You can try setting the camera angle to a low value (<10°) or zoom in using the zoom correction parameter; if your fog re-appears it's the same problem I have.
not a community mapmaker
Uvantak
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Uruguay1381 Posts
April 14 2014 17:29 GMT
#2694
I messed around with the angle and i found out that the fog disappears after 30º, i also messed around with the zoom correction, i used negative (-10, -30, -70, -100) as well as positive values (10, 30, 70, 100, 300) and in neither of those did the fog show up ;_; Damn it blizzard! :shakes fist:

Yeah for non perfectly symmetrical maps you will have to do it manually :\
@Kantuva | Mapmaker | KTVMaps.wordpress.com | Check my profile to see my TL map threads, and you can search for KTV in the Custom Games section to play them.
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
April 17 2014 08:27 GMT
#2695
How can I listen to ambience soundtracks? I found the soundtrack tab in the data editor put I can't seem to play any of the sound files.
not a community mapmaker
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
April 18 2014 09:22 GMT
#2696
Is it possible to get rid of shoreline waves/splashes? I can't find any settings in the data editor.
not a community mapmaker
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
April 18 2014 13:42 GMT
#2697
On April 18 2014 18:22 And G wrote:
Is it possible to get rid of shoreline waves/splashes? I can't find any settings in the data editor.


Try this:

In the data editor, switch to "Table Mode" (it is one of those orangeish large buttons at the top of the data editor, or you cna use the shortcut Ctrl-1 and then Ctrl-2 to get back to "Detail mode").

"(Basic) Beach Shoreline" and "(Basic) Cliff Shoreline" are the entries you need to clear in order to remove the shoreline wave models.
This is it... the alpaca lips.
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
April 18 2014 14:27 GMT
#2698
Thanks! I had found those entries but they didn't have any effect; so I just tried it again now and noticed that I need to re-open the project before the changes are applied, like with the "texture prop" parameters for terrain types.
not a community mapmaker
wikiality
Profile Joined April 2014
United States1 Post
April 19 2014 04:41 GMT
#2699
I don't know how to get harder AIs in custom games. I only have Very Easy and Easy AIs for custom. How do I unlock Medium and above?
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
April 19 2014 07:55 GMT
#2700
This forum is about creating custom maps with the editor, and your problem seems to have nothing to do with that. Do you only have WoL and are using the HotS started edition or w/e it's called? That one has several features missing and I think harder AIs may be one of them. Just switch to WoL in the gameplay options menu to fix this (or buy HotS).

On the off chance that you're actually talking about the editor, navigate to map -> game variants and add the missing AIs by right klicking in the left list ("add standard").
not a community mapmaker
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
Vindicta 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11105
Artosis 522
Bale 13
TT1 1
League of Legends
Doublelift3780
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox742
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4681
Khaldor925
Other Games
summit1g7148
shahzam562
NeuroSwarm79
ArmadaUGS69
Mew2King67
ViBE51
JuggernautJason42
Day[9].tv5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• HerbMon 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Scarra465
• Shiphtur158
• Day9tv5
Upcoming Events
OSC
57m
Stellar Fest
13h 57m
OSC
22h 57m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.