• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:21
CEST 20:21
KST 03:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10295 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 134

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 182 Next
JessicaSc2
Profile Joined February 2014
Poland123 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-02 23:20:27
April 02 2014 23:20 GMT
#2661
On April 03 2014 06:37 iamcaustic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 06:28 JessicaSc2 wrote:
On April 03 2014 06:20 iamcaustic wrote:
On April 03 2014 05:19 JessicaSc2 wrote:
I've got another issue with the fog. It does appear in the editor however not in game. Anyone know how to make it appear in game as well?

Your graphics settings have to be at a minimum level; fog does not appear on low graphics settings.


everything's on ultra.

Eh, that's weird. There's nothing special that needs to be set. Fog should appear on higher graphics settings.


it does appear on the featured picture when loading the map but not ingame...
JessicaSc2
Profile Joined February 2014
Poland123 Posts
April 02 2014 23:43 GMT
#2662
Ok I found it. Apparently you need to find

CTerrain_FogEnabled and set it to "1". Which is really misleading because fog appears in the editor without it.
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-03 01:23:48
April 03 2014 01:04 GMT
#2663
I can't seem to make a supply depot that doesn't cost resources to raise/lower... very confusing to me... it even seems like the ability to lower is set to cost nothing. Any thoughts?

I just want to have the normal supply depot that can raise/lower for free, but raise the HP of it.

Adding the melee dependencies worked for the units like medivac+reaper... but not in this case.

EDIT:

I fixed the issue of having the depot cost minerals to raise/lower... which variable represents the cost of it being built?
Nihility
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 03 2014 01:10 GMT
#2664
On April 03 2014 10:04 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
I can't seem to make a supply depot that doesn't cost resources to raise/lower... very confusing to me... it even seems like the ability to lower is set to cost nothing. Any thoughts?

I just want to have the normal supply depot that can raise/lower for free, but raise the HP of it.

Any reason you wouldn't just increase the HP of the standard supply depot? There shouldn't be any reason to muck with unit costs.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
April 03 2014 01:14 GMT
#2665
How do I make it in the map editor to enable probes to build spines and spines can be placed without creep?
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-03 01:30:06
April 03 2014 01:25 GMT
#2666
On April 03 2014 10:10 iamcaustic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 10:04 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
I can't seem to make a supply depot that doesn't cost resources to raise/lower... very confusing to me... it even seems like the ability to lower is set to cost nothing. Any thoughts?

I just want to have the normal supply depot that can raise/lower for free, but raise the HP of it.

Any reason you wouldn't just increase the HP of the standard supply depot? There shouldn't be any reason to muck with unit costs.


I want to have the depot cost 1 unit of a non-mineral resource, because the game is turn based, and players are to be limited in regards to how many depots they can construct per turn. (I guess ideally, it would be such that a specific trigger results in the capacity for a user to place a depot [as if you had selected a worker and pressed "b" then "s", and the transparent green model is representing the mouse-cursor].

Also it wouldn't let me edit the stats of the existing depots... all faded out and unclickable, so I think I'm working with a copy or something. Either that or there are 4 different depots and this is the only one it is letting me change. I have the HP set now, but yeah still looking to change cost-to-build.
Nihility
enord
Profile Blog Joined September 2013
France258 Posts
April 03 2014 14:08 GMT
#2667
On April 03 2014 10:14 Bareleon wrote:
How do I make it in the map editor to enable probes to build spines and spines can be placed without creep?

workers are notoriously "fun" to edit
so.. would the spines start to die right away or?
you need to make a new unit,
if you start with the spine unit to make a new one
you will need to do so many things that i 'm afraid i don't have time to describe them now in a succinct post

you would change the ability of the drone, its requirements (presence of creep needed, use of said drone etc)
and then apply it to the probe (would the probe disappear ..?)

i think it might be easier to copy another unit and give it the spine's features (?)

On April 03 2014 10:25 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 10:10 iamcaustic wrote:
On April 03 2014 10:04 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
I can't seem to make a supply depot that doesn't cost resources to raise/lower... very confusing to me... it even seems like the ability to lower is set to cost nothing. Any thoughts?

I just want to have the normal supply depot that can raise/lower for free, but raise the HP of it.

Any reason you wouldn't just increase the HP of the standard supply depot? There shouldn't be any reason to muck with unit costs.


I want to have the depot cost 1 unit of a non-mineral resource, because the game is turn based, and players are to be limited in regards to how many depots they can construct per turn. (I guess ideally, it would be such that a specific trigger results in the capacity for a user to place a depot [as if you had selected a worker and pressed "b" then "s", and the transparent green model is representing the mouse-cursor].

Also it wouldn't let me edit the stats of the existing depots... all faded out and unclickable, so I think I'm working with a copy or something. Either that or there are 4 different depots and this is the only one it is letting me change. I have the HP set now, but yeah still looking to change cost-to-build.


supply depots seem real easy but they are not
for starters we are talking about 2 units (burrowed or standard)

as for costs, they are set in several fields
in your case (the burrow/unburrow) i would think it is in the ability that you want to change stats

gl
make / have a good tl .. ohhh and i want my icon back :°D
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 03 2014 18:22 GMT
#2668
On April 03 2014 10:25 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 10:10 iamcaustic wrote:
On April 03 2014 10:04 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
I can't seem to make a supply depot that doesn't cost resources to raise/lower... very confusing to me... it even seems like the ability to lower is set to cost nothing. Any thoughts?

I just want to have the normal supply depot that can raise/lower for free, but raise the HP of it.

Any reason you wouldn't just increase the HP of the standard supply depot? There shouldn't be any reason to muck with unit costs.


I want to have the depot cost 1 unit of a non-mineral resource, because the game is turn based, and players are to be limited in regards to how many depots they can construct per turn. (I guess ideally, it would be such that a specific trigger results in the capacity for a user to place a depot [as if you had selected a worker and pressed "b" then "s", and the transparent green model is representing the mouse-cursor].

Also it wouldn't let me edit the stats of the existing depots... all faded out and unclickable, so I think I'm working with a copy or something. Either that or there are 4 different depots and this is the only one it is letting me change. I have the HP set now, but yeah still looking to change cost-to-build.

Firstly, make sure you're working with the correct dependencies (there should only be 2 depots; a raised depot and lowered depot). Next, you need to make sure that both of these units have identical costs, otherwise you're going to see a cost requirement on the raise/lower ability.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-03 18:35:12
April 03 2014 18:34 GMT
#2669
WhalesFromSpace - like enord said, you are working with 2 separate units, and using a Morph ability to switch between the two. Make sure the Unit:Cost fields are the same for both. Make sure your Morph ability does not have a resource cost. Finally, make sure the editor is not referencing the cost of an additional unit - that can happen if you copied your morph ability from somewhere else, the game will sum the total costs of all the preceding morph units in line before your final morph. Personally I find morphs to be a huge pain in the ass.

On April 03 2014 10:14 Bareleon wrote:
How do I make it in the map editor to enable probes to build spines and spines can be placed without creep?


In short:
- Add the Spine Crawler unit to the probe's Build Ability and command card
- Remove any creep related behaviors from the Spine Crawler unit
- Change the Spine Crawler's placement Footprint to something that doesn't require creep
- Change the Spine Crawler's Actor's foundation/footprint
- Add Spine Crawler build events to Protoss Building Contstruction Small actor
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
April 03 2014 19:01 GMT
#2670
On April 04 2014 03:34 TheFish7 wrote:
WhalesFromSpace - like enord said, you are working with 2 separate units, and using a Morph ability to switch between the two. Make sure the Unit:Cost fields are the same for both. Make sure your Morph ability does not have a resource cost. Finally, make sure the editor is not referencing the cost of an additional unit - that can happen if you copied your morph ability from somewhere else, the game will sum the total costs of all the preceding morph units in line before your final morph. Personally I find morphs to be a huge pain in the ass.

Show nested quote +
On April 03 2014 10:14 Bareleon wrote:
How do I make it in the map editor to enable probes to build spines and spines can be placed without creep?


In short:
- Add the Spine Crawler unit to the probe's Build Ability and command card
- Remove any creep related behaviors from the Spine Crawler unit
- Change the Spine Crawler's placement Footprint to something that doesn't require creep
- Change the Spine Crawler's Actor's foundation/footprint
- Add Spine Crawler build events to Protoss Building Contstruction Small actor


Thanks.

I did the probe one but still trying to find the creep part. Is it in the unit data for the spine crawler?
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
April 03 2014 22:32 GMT
#2671
Change the Movement: Pathing Footprint: Placement to something that doesn't say creep
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
April 04 2014 20:48 GMT
#2672
Can the minerals and gas only be set to 9999?
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 04 2014 21:24 GMT
#2673
On April 05 2014 05:48 Bareleon wrote:
Can the minerals and gas only be set to 9999?

Are you talking about a maximum value, or...? If we're talking caps, why would you need to go above 9999?
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
April 04 2014 22:55 GMT
#2674
On April 05 2014 06:24 iamcaustic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2014 05:48 Bareleon wrote:
Can the minerals and gas only be set to 9999?

Are you talking about a maximum value, or...? If we're talking caps, why would you need to go above 9999?


Its for my map and yeah is it possible to raise the cap above 9999?
And G
Profile Joined May 2012
Germany491 Posts
April 05 2014 13:47 GMT
#2675
I have some doodads with annoying sound ("Lava Flare") and they don't shut up when I tick the "disable sound emitters" checkbox. How can I mute those doodads while keeping the map a melee map?
not a community mapmaker
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
April 07 2014 16:10 GMT
#2676
I created a hero, but it keeps gaining experience whenever another unit around it gets a kill... I changed some parameters of its veterancy behaviour, but it still keeps happening. Not sure if it is an attribute of the other units, or the hero itself... anyone know the change that I have to make, such that the hero only gains experience for its own kills?
Nihility
iamcaustic
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada1509 Posts
April 07 2014 21:31 GMT
#2677
On April 05 2014 07:55 Bareleon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2014 06:24 iamcaustic wrote:
On April 05 2014 05:48 Bareleon wrote:
Can the minerals and gas only be set to 9999?

Are you talking about a maximum value, or...? If we're talking caps, why would you need to go above 9999?


Its for my map and yeah is it possible to raise the cap above 9999?

From my understanding, the resource cap is 9999. I haven't heard of anyone finding a workaround to increase it, though I'll be honest when I say I haven't had any reason to extensively research the matter.
Twitter: @iamcaustic
Xiphias
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway2223 Posts
April 08 2014 17:55 GMT
#2678
Probably been asked before but I could not find it.

How do you change base height for the background fog level? (On texture tilesets which has background fog faaar down)
aka KanBan85. Working on Starbow.
TheFish7
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States2824 Posts
April 08 2014 17:58 GMT
#2679
In the data editor, texture sets, find the tileset you're using, the field is called Fog:Height or Starting Height I believe
~ ~ <°)))><~ ~ ~
WhalesFromSpace
Profile Joined March 2012
390 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-09 19:45:31
April 09 2014 19:44 GMT
#2680
On April 08 2014 01:10 WhalesFromSpace wrote:
I created a hero, but it keeps gaining experience whenever another unit around it gets a kill... I changed some parameters of its veterancy behaviour, but it still keeps happening. Not sure if it is an attribute of the other units, or the hero itself... anyone know the change that I have to make, such that the hero only gains experience for its own kills?


Really having trouble figuring this out... I feel like I have attempted all permutations of relevant data attributes. Allied units, heroes or not, are giving my new hero experience, every time that they get a kill... I just want to turn that off. Searching for info on this has only shown me that this behaviour is not intended to be default... I don't even know how I turned it on lol.

My understanding is that with Shared Fraction, and Shared Radius set to 0, that my hero should not be gaining experience when nearby allied units get kills.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I also excluded everything from shared filters so I don't know what the fuck is going on.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


I would be very grateful for any direction in regards to this... so much of my time is being used up trying to address such a seemingly simple issue.
Nihility
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 733
IntoTheiNu 499
SteadfastSC486
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 486
UpATreeSC 160
BRAT_OK 56
PtitDrogo 42
JuggernautJason40
MindelVK 20
Codebar 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35718
Soulkey 296
BeSt 235
Dewaltoss 106
Liquid`Ret 68
Mind 47
Trap 29
Killer 29
ToSsGirL 22
Shine 15
Dota 2
Dendi1053
qojqva868
Counter-Strike
fl0m1135
Fnx 729
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2655
Khaldor1784
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
Grubby3557
ArmadaUGS1596
ceh9573
B2W.Neo542
byalli464
KnowMe149
C9.Mang0146
QueenE90
Chillindude52
Trikslyr45
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• blackmanpl 18
• FirePhoenix14
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade960
Other Games
• imaqtpie984
• Scarra370
• Shiphtur255
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 39m
OSC
18h 39m
Stellar Fest
18h 39m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.