• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:29
CEST 20:29
KST 03:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8710 users

Simple Questions/Answers - Page 122

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 182 Next
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
September 19 2013 08:59 GMT
#2421
Is there a way to count how much creep Player A has on the map? Creep seems to be neutral. Also, how would I go about adding passive resources per second based on the amount of creep a player has?

Right now, I think my best option is to count creep tumors instead of creep. Then, maybe a passive periodic "Modify Player - Add Resources" ability on creep tumors?

would prefer to be able to count creep directly so i don't miss the creep from Hatcheries and Overlords. any ideas?
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
September 19 2013 17:32 GMT
#2422
I have a problem with the lighting on a map. When I opened the map, everything was purple:
[image loading]

When I change the lighting everything is fine for as long as I keep the "Lighting Window" open.
[image loading]

The moment I close it, it goes back to purple... No clue what causes this... Does anybody know how to fix it or is that map forever lost?
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 19:07:53
September 19 2013 19:05 GMT
#2423
On September 20 2013 02:32 Big J wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I have a problem with the lighting on a map. When I opened the map, everything was purple:
[image loading]

When I change the lighting everything is fine for as long as I keep the "Lighting Window" open.
[image loading]

The moment I close it, it goes back to purple... No clue what causes this... Does anybody know how to fix it or is that map forever lost?


When the lighting window is open, the lighting-set selected in the lighting window will be used, when you close the lighting window, the lighting-set that matches the texture-set will be used. If you select the lighting-set that matches the current texture-set's "lighting" entry and modify it, the changes will stick.

You can bring a lighting-set back to the default by right clicking on it in the lighting window and choosing "revert light".
This is it... the alpaca lips.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
September 19 2013 19:34 GMT
#2424
On September 20 2013 04:05 Namrufus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 02:32 Big J wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I have a problem with the lighting on a map. When I opened the map, everything was purple:
[image loading]

When I change the lighting everything is fine for as long as I keep the "Lighting Window" open.
[image loading]

The moment I close it, it goes back to purple... No clue what causes this... Does anybody know how to fix it or is that map forever lost?


When the lighting window is open, the lighting-set selected in the lighting window will be used, when you close the lighting window, the lighting-set that matches the texture-set will be used. If you select the lighting-set that matches the current texture-set's "lighting" entry and modify it, the changes will stick.

You can bring a lighting-set back to the default by right clicking on it in the lighting window and choosing "revert light".


Hey, thanks for the explanation. I thought if I chose a certain lighting it would stick.
I just drytested the Phaeton texture set (which I'm using on the map) with a new map and used "revert light" on it. It changed to the purple color I have on the map. Seems like there is an issue with that kind of texture set, which makes the default lighting different from the values that it "changes back to".

Anyways, thx you helped me a lot. I guess I just have to write down all the values that are in the default lighting and "restore" them manually on my map.
Foxxan
Profile Joined October 2004
Sweden3427 Posts
September 19 2013 22:57 GMT
#2425
Hello
a question regarding minerals convert to gas or maybe the opposite

To get an example, for protoss in bw. Protoss versus terran

1:1, 1:2, 1:3 (?)
Can you convert like this and if u can, what math would you use?
turtles
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia360 Posts
September 20 2013 03:09 GMT
#2426
I think you're going to have to explain yourself better.

But maybe someone else knows what you're talking about.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-20 06:17:58
September 20 2013 06:01 GMT
#2427
On September 20 2013 04:34 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 04:05 Namrufus wrote:
On September 20 2013 02:32 Big J wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I have a problem with the lighting on a map. When I opened the map, everything was purple:
[image loading]

When I change the lighting everything is fine for as long as I keep the "Lighting Window" open.
[image loading]

The moment I close it, it goes back to purple... No clue what causes this... Does anybody know how to fix it or is that map forever lost?


When the lighting window is open, the lighting-set selected in the lighting window will be used, when you close the lighting window, the lighting-set that matches the texture-set will be used. If you select the lighting-set that matches the current texture-set's "lighting" entry and modify it, the changes will stick.

You can bring a lighting-set back to the default by right clicking on it in the lighting window and choosing "revert light".


Hey, thanks for the explanation. I thought if I chose a certain lighting it would stick.
I just drytested the Phaeton texture set (which I'm using on the map) with a new map and used "revert light" on it. It changed to the purple color I have on the map. Seems like there is an issue with that kind of texture set, which makes the default lighting different from the values that it "changes back to".

Anyways, thx you helped me a lot. I guess I just have to write down all the values that are in the default lighting and "restore" them manually on my map.


I still have the same problem, though I nailed it down:
In the Variations tab of the lighting window, I always have a lot of extra colors:
[image loading]

When I press "Clear All" 5times (one time does nothing!!!) the settings go back to normal:
[image loading]

But the moment I close the window, it goes back to purple:
[image loading]

I have no clue what to do, but I would love to finish the map. Please help me!

Edit: From further testing, it seems like I can't remove anything permanently from the Variations tab of the lighting window, but anytime I add something, it sticks...
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-20 16:04:28
September 20 2013 16:01 GMT
#2428
On September 20 2013 15:01 Big J wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On September 20 2013 04:34 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 04:05 Namrufus wrote:
On September 20 2013 02:32 Big J wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I have a problem with the lighting on a map. When I opened the map, everything was purple:
[image loading]

When I change the lighting everything is fine for as long as I keep the "Lighting Window" open.
[image loading]

The moment I close it, it goes back to purple... No clue what causes this... Does anybody know how to fix it or is that map forever lost?


When the lighting window is open, the lighting-set selected in the lighting window will be used, when you close the lighting window, the lighting-set that matches the texture-set will be used. If you select the lighting-set that matches the current texture-set's "lighting" entry and modify it, the changes will stick.

You can bring a lighting-set back to the default by right clicking on it in the lighting window and choosing "revert light".


Hey, thanks for the explanation. I thought if I chose a certain lighting it would stick.
I just drytested the Phaeton texture set (which I'm using on the map) with a new map and used "revert light" on it. It changed to the purple color I have on the map. Seems like there is an issue with that kind of texture set, which makes the default lighting different from the values that it "changes back to".

Anyways, thx you helped me a lot. I guess I just have to write down all the values that are in the default lighting and "restore" them manually on my map.


I still have the same problem, though I nailed it down:
In the Variations tab of the lighting window, I always have a lot of extra colors:
[image loading]

When I press "Clear All" 5times (one time does nothing!!!) the settings go back to normal:
[image loading]

But the moment I close the window, it goes back to purple:
[image loading]

I have no clue what to do, but I would love to finish the map. Please help me!

Edit: From further testing, it seems like I can't remove anything permanently from the Variations tab of the lighting window, but anytime I add something, it sticks...


It really does seem like the Variations screen is bugged or something... I just played with it on an empty map and now I can't get it to go back to normal.

Maybe change the lighting-set linked to the texture-set (Map->Map Textures->"Modify" Button and then change the value of the "lighting" entry)? You could change it to some other desert (or other) lighting set and then tweak it to be how you want.
This is it... the alpaca lips.
Big J
Profile Joined March 2011
Austria16289 Posts
September 20 2013 17:49 GMT
#2429
On September 21 2013 01:01 Namrufus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 15:01 Big J wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

On September 20 2013 04:34 Big J wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 04:05 Namrufus wrote:
On September 20 2013 02:32 Big J wrote:+ Show Spoiler +

I have a problem with the lighting on a map. When I opened the map, everything was purple:
[image loading]

When I change the lighting everything is fine for as long as I keep the "Lighting Window" open.
[image loading]

The moment I close it, it goes back to purple... No clue what causes this... Does anybody know how to fix it or is that map forever lost?


When the lighting window is open, the lighting-set selected in the lighting window will be used, when you close the lighting window, the lighting-set that matches the texture-set will be used. If you select the lighting-set that matches the current texture-set's "lighting" entry and modify it, the changes will stick.

You can bring a lighting-set back to the default by right clicking on it in the lighting window and choosing "revert light".


Hey, thanks for the explanation. I thought if I chose a certain lighting it would stick.
I just drytested the Phaeton texture set (which I'm using on the map) with a new map and used "revert light" on it. It changed to the purple color I have on the map. Seems like there is an issue with that kind of texture set, which makes the default lighting different from the values that it "changes back to".

Anyways, thx you helped me a lot. I guess I just have to write down all the values that are in the default lighting and "restore" them manually on my map.


I still have the same problem, though I nailed it down:
In the Variations tab of the lighting window, I always have a lot of extra colors:
[image loading]

When I press "Clear All" 5times (one time does nothing!!!) the settings go back to normal:
[image loading]

But the moment I close the window, it goes back to purple:
[image loading]

I have no clue what to do, but I would love to finish the map. Please help me!

Edit: From further testing, it seems like I can't remove anything permanently from the Variations tab of the lighting window, but anytime I add something, it sticks...


It really does seem like the Variations screen is bugged or something... I just played with it on an empty map and now I can't get it to go back to normal.

Maybe change the lighting-set linked to the texture-set (Map->Map Textures->"Modify" Button and then change the value of the "lighting" entry)? You could change it to some other desert (or other) lighting set and then tweak it to be how you want.


I just did what you suggested and I think I will go with it. Thanks again for all the effort!
TheWorldToCome
Profile Joined January 2012
United States452 Posts
September 22 2013 04:31 GMT
#2430
I'm creating a melee map but I don't want each span to start with 6 workers. I want P and T to start with 5 and Zerg to start with 3 drones and 1 zergling. How do I do this, thanks.
Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one.
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
September 22 2013 08:51 GMT
#2431
On September 22 2013 13:31 TheWorldToCome wrote:
I'm creating a melee map but I don't want each span to start with 6 workers. I want P and T to start with 5 and Zerg to start with 3 drones and 1 zergling. How do I do this, thanks.

F7 (Data) -> +Tab -> Advanced Data -> Races -> Zerg -> (Basic) Starting Units
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
moskonia
Profile Joined January 2011
Israel1448 Posts
September 22 2013 16:22 GMT
#2432
On September 22 2013 13:31 TheWorldToCome wrote:
I'm creating a melee map but I don't want each span to start with 6 workers. I want P and T to start with 5 and Zerg to start with 3 drones and 1 zergling. How do I do this, thanks.

Are you making a W3 style mod? :D
TheWorldToCome
Profile Joined January 2012
United States452 Posts
September 23 2013 03:40 GMT
#2433
On September 23 2013 01:22 moskonia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 22 2013 13:31 TheWorldToCome wrote:
I'm creating a melee map but I don't want each span to start with 6 workers. I want P and T to start with 5 and Zerg to start with 3 drones and 1 zergling. How do I do this, thanks.

Are you making a W3 style mod? :D


I'm thinking about it. Right now I'm just messing around with stuff to see if I can replicate the WC3 feel in SC2. I'm changing model sizes and such to see if I can replicate the micro tricks WC3 had like path blocking and surrounding.

I'm not trying to reinvent SC2 or anything. Just adding 3 heroes to each race, adding creeps/items to a map, etc. I'm trying to keep all the core units and abilities the same as they are as much as I can. Nothing too dramatic.
Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one.
TheWorldToCome
Profile Joined January 2012
United States452 Posts
September 23 2013 09:57 GMT
#2434
How do you make just 1 zergling come out of an egg instead of 2?
Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one.
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 10:59:31
September 23 2013 10:58 GMT
#2435
go to Data -> Abilities -> Larva Morph Unit (basic) -> Ability Info -> Train 02 (Zergling) -> Unit

and simply remove one of the zerglings from that
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
TheWorldToCome
Profile Joined January 2012
United States452 Posts
September 23 2013 13:57 GMT
#2436
On September 23 2013 19:58 Fishgle wrote:
go to Data -> Abilities -> Larva Morph Unit (basic) -> Ability Info -> Train 02 (Zergling) -> Unit

and simply remove one of the zerglings from that


Thanks for the help. What about changing lair morph time?
Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one.
Fishgle
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States2174 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-23 15:32:23
September 23 2013 15:30 GMT
#2437
you should probably dig around in the editor a bit more. this is pretty simple stuff

that said, data -> abilities -> Morph (hatchery -> Lair) -> Lair [ability info] -> you'll see a bunch of stuff under Duration [index0] controlling when during the morph the abilities, stats, and actor (model) change.
aka ChillyGonzalo / GnozL
lorestarcraft
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1049 Posts
September 26 2013 07:15 GMT
#2438
any special trick for getting fog to show up in overviews?
SC2 Mapmaker
Namrufus
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States396 Posts
September 26 2013 21:21 GMT
#2439
On September 26 2013 16:15 lorestarcraft wrote:
any special trick for getting fog to show up in overviews?


What option do you have checked in the "view options" section in the "map image export" screen?

If you are using the "match terrain editor" option you'll be locked to whatever view options you have enabled for editor mode. So enabling "Render->Fog Effects" might work. I personally use the "custom" option in the "view options" so that the editor settings don't effect the exported image (the "In-Game" option does not show starting positions)
This is it... the alpaca lips.
a176
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada6688 Posts
September 27 2013 02:30 GMT
#2440
On September 26 2013 16:15 lorestarcraft wrote:
any special trick for getting fog to show up in overviews?


it wont show if the fog level is too low due to distance from the camera. so either ... raise the fog higher or play with zoom level
starleague forever
Prev 1 120 121 122 123 124 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM869
TKL 384
TaKeTV 314
IndyStarCraft 212
BRAT_OK 126
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 869
TKL 384
IndyStarCraft 212
MaxPax 168
BRAT_OK 126
UpATreeSC 93
MindelVK 22
EmSc Tv 17
JuggernautJason9
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 726
ggaemo 177
firebathero 136
White-Ra 122
910 59
Barracks 58
Hyun 37
Trap 33
Killer 26
Bale 23
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 17
Shine 14
soO 14
yabsab 11
Dota 2
qojqva4774
Counter-Strike
Fnx 765
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6929
crisheroes1677
Liquid`Hasu1526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3641
singsing1494
Beastyqt752
ceh9653
B2W.Neo511
ArmadaUGS188
C9.Mang0126
KnowMe86
Trikslyr49
Dewaltoss44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream432
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 71
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix15
• 80smullet 14
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2070
• TFBlade849
Other Games
• Shiphtur269
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 31m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.