• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:10
CEST 05:10
KST 12:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8721 users

[MOD] Yet Another Build Order Tester (YABOT) - Page 10

Forum Index > SC2 Maps & Custom Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 43 Next All
xorpwnz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States185 Posts
June 16 2010 10:00 GMT
#181
On June 16 2010 18:26 Drazzzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2010 17:45 Looky wrote:
anyone else getting this "triggerdialogerror" when trying to use a imported custom build?


I got it when using an upgrade which was not yet encoded in yabot (like overlord speed). It will translate to a "-1" in your encoding. If yabots "sees" a -1 it will more or less crash (needs a bugfix).
Workaround: remove the -1 entry from your build in the bank file (and don't forget to reduce the number of steps by 1).

Well said. Also you can get the error when pasting into chat... I'm going to disable pasting into chat for the next version because it's causing a lot of problems. In the mean time, just edit your bank file manually. More instructions here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=130700
Full
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom253 Posts
June 16 2010 15:16 GMT
#182
Was wondering what all the hype was about this ums...

I've been using it for about 2 hours straight, and it's just so much fun

Really well made, really helpful. Well done

And yeah i think i read someone that this may become the standard for sharing build order and i agree
Full
Profile Joined April 2010
United Kingdom253 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 15:20:26
June 16 2010 15:20 GMT
#183
By the way does anyone know the correct timing for when the 10 gate zealot push should come against zerg and how many?

Thanks


e: soz double post
sTYleZerG-eX
Profile Joined January 2010
Mexico473 Posts
June 16 2010 15:27 GMT
#184
Wow GJ Fantastic man thnx!
10%
jpaugh78
Profile Joined May 2010
United States179 Posts
June 16 2010 17:57 GMT
#185
I just wanted to note a bug I found in the most recent version (1.7 steppes of war).

For the Tank Terran build, when you make the 2nd tech lab (for the factory), it doesn't get checked off your list. I believe you coded the barracks tech lab into that build instead of the factory one. It's not a huge bug, but I just thought I'd point it out so that it could be fixed for the next build. I've only tested the Steppes of war map so far, so I don't know if the same error occurs on the other 3 maps.

But at any rate, I love what you've done so far. Good work! I can't wait to see where this goes in the future, as it can only get better.
TheBaron87
Profile Joined April 2010
United States4 Posts
June 16 2010 18:18 GMT
#186
Not sure if it has been said but I just watched your video and I noticed your target resources for the build orders are all 0, but the summary records the resources you had before subtracting the cost of the building. For example, at the end of the video your refinery is listed as 7 85 0. It would be much more useful for optimizing builds if the summary showed how many "extra" resources we had beyond the cost of the building. It would also make objectives like 10 0 0 make sense.
Criticism is a negative force meant to create positive effects.
Looky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1608 Posts
June 16 2010 18:26 GMT
#187
On June 16 2010 19:00 xorpwnz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 16 2010 18:26 Drazzzt wrote:
On June 16 2010 17:45 Looky wrote:
anyone else getting this "triggerdialogerror" when trying to use a imported custom build?


I got it when using an upgrade which was not yet encoded in yabot (like overlord speed). It will translate to a "-1" in your encoding. If yabots "sees" a -1 it will more or less crash (needs a bugfix).
Workaround: remove the -1 entry from your build in the bank file (and don't forget to reduce the number of steps by 1).

Well said. Also you can get the error when pasting into chat... I'm going to disable pasting into chat for the next version because it's causing a lot of problems. In the mean time, just edit your bank file manually. More instructions here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=130700



thank you guys
vlovsky
Profile Joined June 2010
United States21 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-16 20:32:40
June 16 2010 20:28 GMT
#188
On June 17 2010 03:18 TheBaron87 wrote:
Not sure if it has been said but I just watched your video and I noticed your target resources for the build orders are all 0, but the summary records the resources you had before subtracting the cost of the building. For example, at the end of the video your refinery is listed as 7 85 0. It would be much more useful for optimizing builds if the summary showed how many "extra" resources we had beyond the cost of the building. It would also make objectives like 10 0 0 make sense.

Having an option to choose what to see either resources and food just before an action started or the same right after makes sense. However, I think all those 0's could have confused you. Those mean 'n/a' - not important. Comparison of those to the actual values in the summary screen is meaningless.Thoughts anyone?

- Vlad

P.S. Additionally those 0's imply constant building of peons without any time gaps whatsoever, so it becomes an ultimate measure of time in those builds.
qartar
Profile Joined June 2010
9 Posts
June 16 2010 21:26 GMT
#189
I still get the e_arrayIndexUnderflow as zerg freestyle. I had a similar problem in one of my own maps; I had two arrays declared but one would constantly generate Underflow/Overflow exceptions even though they were both being accessed by the same index variable. Putting the two arrays into a record solved the problem.
Synk
Profile Joined April 2010
United States297 Posts
June 17 2010 00:13 GMT
#190
This has proven very useful for me in refining the builds I already had in place, just want to say thanks a bunch for making this.
Don't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
xorpwnz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States185 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-17 01:55:10
June 17 2010 01:54 GMT
#191
On June 17 2010 06:26 qartar wrote:
I still get the e_arrayIndexUnderflow as zerg freestyle. I had a similar problem in one of my own maps; I had two arrays declared but one would constantly generate Underflow/Overflow exceptions even though they were both being accessed by the same index variable. Putting the two arrays into a record solved the problem.

If any of you are seeing the arrayIndexUnderflow error, it is most likely because you did something in your build order that YABOT doesn't recognize. When this happens, you will see a -1 in one of the build order steps when you look in your bank file. If you know what you did that caused this, please let me know so I can fix it. I think Zerg is the only race having problems and someone said it may be due to the overlord speed upgrade.
Wud
Profile Joined June 2010
10 Posts
June 17 2010 03:10 GMT
#192
I got that error tonight, and I didn't get overlord speed. I don't still have the build order,but I was going for roaches, and I think I got the roach tunneling claws and also burrow, so one of those may have done it.
jpaugh78
Profile Joined May 2010
United States179 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-17 04:01:40
June 17 2010 04:00 GMT
#193
I just tested all 3 upgrades for the Lair (one upgrade per game) and the only one that gave me the overflow error was burrow. Ventral Sacs and Overlord speed didn't give me the error.
xorpwnz
Profile Joined May 2010
United States185 Posts
June 17 2010 04:19 GMT
#194
On June 17 2010 13:00 jpaugh78 wrote:
I just tested all 3 upgrades for the Lair (one upgrade per game) and the only one that gave me the overflow error was burrow. Ventral Sacs and Overlord speed didn't give me the error.

Burrow... that's what's causing it. Thanks for your help... it will be fixed ASAP
qartar
Profile Joined June 2010
9 Posts
June 17 2010 05:10 GMT
#195
Looks like Creep Tumor is also not recognized.
mrproper
Profile Joined April 2010
Romania93 Posts
June 17 2010 12:53 GMT
#196
On June 17 2010 00:20 Full wrote:
By the way does anyone know the correct timing for when the 10 gate zealot push should come against zerg and how many?

Thanks


e: soz double post

You can actually do that build, and write down the time it took for the zealot to go to the closest map location, and use that time in your zerg build against protoss, by entering the wave composition and that time.
jpaugh78
Profile Joined May 2010
United States179 Posts
June 17 2010 13:26 GMT
#197
On June 17 2010 14:10 qartar wrote:
Looks like Creep Tumor is also not recognized.

Indeed.

I just tested a build where all I made was drones, queens and creep tumors, with no other upgrades or buildings, and got the overflow error again.

To be honest, I don't think creep tumors should be saved in a build anyways. All zerg players know you need to use them, but I don't think it would make or break a build if you didn't place the tumor at the right time.
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
June 17 2010 13:40 GMT
#198
On June 17 2010 22:26 jpaugh78 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2010 14:10 qartar wrote:
Looks like Creep Tumor is also not recognized.

Indeed.

I just tested a build where all I made was drones, queens and creep tumors, with no other upgrades or buildings, and got the overflow error again.

To be honest, I don't think creep tumors should be saved in a build anyways. All zerg players know you need to use them, but I don't think it would make or break a build if you didn't place the tumor at the right time.

IMO you're wrong here. Against Hellion harass placing the creep tumor at the right place and time is often absolutely crucial...
Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
jhfrey89
Profile Joined June 2010
United States1 Post
June 17 2010 20:10 GMT
#199
This is a wonderful map. It's definitely taught me the value of making more units earlier on in a match. However, in ZvT, I'm having a difficult time holding off that second push of Marines/Marauders. So, in a shameless cry for help, if anyone would be willing to send me a PM (as to not spam/derail the thread) with suggestions, it'd be greatly appreciated.

In a semi-unrelated note, I have noticed that on custom build orders (that are on the lengthier side, at/around the objective cap) the complete list of orders do not show up in their entirety, nor does the objective list scroll or update in any way as objectives are completed. It could just be me, as I haven't seen anyone else mention this problem, but I wanted to make a note of it.

Thanks!
ganil
Profile Joined August 2009
253 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-17 20:16:55
June 17 2010 20:15 GMT
#200
There is an issue with the AI. It's obvious when you play against a protoss who mix stalkers with sthg else : stalkers come in my base way before the rest of his army. So the army should be grouped :/.

It would be good if we could play till the ~15 min mark too (with pushes till 13-14 minutes). 9 min isn't enough.

Other than that, it's a very good map^^.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 43 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 566
NaDa 47
TT1 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
JimRising 669
Other Games
summit1g10620
WinterStarcraft367
Mew2King101
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1325
BasetradeTV320
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream149
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• davetesta43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush756
• Lourlo521
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 50m
INu's Battles
8h 50m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 50m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 50m
Replay Cast
19h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.