• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:48
CEST 05:48
KST 12:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9470 users

Power Rank 07/01/2011 - Page 26

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 39 Next All
moopie
Profile Joined July 2009
12605 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 00:28:02
July 22 2011 00:26 GMT
#501
On July 21 2011 18:05 Motivate wrote:
imo jaedong should be number 1 next rank. he lost to hyuk. so what? he had a BO disadvantage and hyuk played brilliantly. imo the only place where you could fault him was that he made slightly too many zerglings.

would like to see bogus and light on the rankings as well.

JD has only played 3 games total this month, none of them against top opponents. 2-1 in that respect does not go a long way towards #1 material. His streak was last month and already counted towards him placing #3 (or #2 effectively).
I'm going to sleep, let me get some of that carpet.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 22 2011 01:04 GMT
#502
Yeah Jaedong shouldn't get #1 due to only 3 games being played (and if he loses his next OSL game i'll be T_T'ing all day long).
When I think of something else, something will go here
beachbeachy
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States509 Posts
July 22 2011 01:38 GMT
#503
I'd say flash is guaranteed #1
Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men. - Goethe
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
July 22 2011 01:58 GMT
#504
On July 21 2011 18:05 Motivate wrote:
imo jaedong should be number 1 next rank. he lost to hyuk. so what? he had a BO disadvantage and hyuk played brilliantly. imo the only place where you could fault him was that he made slightly too many zerglings.

would like to see bogus and light on the rankings as well.


He lost to Hyuk and he was able to play 3 games this month, he lost one of them.

Jaedong shouldn't be #1, Flash should, as long as he beats Stork and continues to deliver in the Playoffs he is #1 by a far margin even.

I might even say that Hydra deserves #2 over the Dong.(depending on Hydra's performance in the playoffs).
WriterXiao8~~
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 22 2011 07:16 GMT
#505
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

# of games played in a given month should not be held against a player. JD has been his awesome; his team sucky. The point that his streak was only enough to make him #2 last month IS valid PROVIDED Flash does enough to maintain #1. Which I think he will.

Now personally, I do think JD should drop a little. I no longer consider him the king of ZvZ and I'm not sure if he's still the best ZvPer. Maybe a little more consistent than Zero or Hydra, but against Bisu I think Zero and Hydra have a better chance. Often these days I see JD fall behind during the middle game and then stage a comeback with awesome late game play. To his benefit he has the strongest late game ZvP by far, but I have to hold that tendency to fall behind in the mid game against him. And, equally important as the subject of skill (where overall we may give JD the benefit of the doubt over Zero or Hydra) is the subject of results. So far in 2011 Hydra has the best individual league results of anyone (gold -> semifinals), including Flash, and Zero went beyond JD in the last MSL and really shined big time in the playoffs. Not to mention that PR is about hotness and right now Zero is so hot that I hear MC Hammer in my head whenever I look at him. "da-nanana-nana-nana Can't touch this!"

How much JD drops depends on whether or not he advances. If he fails to advance he will deserve to be behind Zero. If he advances the question becomes more complicated.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11110 Posts
July 22 2011 10:41 GMT
#506
Woah Jangbi powerrank sighting.
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
July 22 2011 11:05 GMT
#507
hey Mortality

+ Show Spoiler +
Still think Soo's simply just a one-matchup wonder?
Writerptrk
aupstar
Profile Joined June 2007
Australia912 Posts
July 22 2011 11:18 GMT
#508
On July 22 2011 20:05 ArvickHero wrote:
hey Mortality

+ Show Spoiler +
Still think Soo's simply just a one-matchup wonder?


Yeah Mortality, that "one" game proves you wrong!
Firebats, the natural enemy of octozerg
Musou
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1375 Posts
July 22 2011 11:38 GMT
#509
Looks like Flash is pretty much guaranteed #1 again this month. + Show Spoiler +
That was a pretty one-sided beatdown he gave Stork.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
July 22 2011 11:46 GMT
#510
I'd say that was Stork's fault to a great extent. His micro and strategy was horrid there.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
fallingdream
Profile Joined December 2004
Romania452 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 11:50:32
July 22 2011 11:47 GMT
#511
Yep, seems so. We still have to see how Flash performs in PL PO's vs CJ before we can say 100% he's nr.1.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 22 2011 13:04 GMT
#512
On July 22 2011 20:05 ArvickHero wrote:
hey Mortality

+ Show Spoiler +
Still think Soo's simply just a one-matchup wonder?


Hoejja: King of ZvT because he beat Sea on La Mancha!
Remember Violet.
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
July 22 2011 13:22 GMT
#513
On July 22 2011 20:18 aupstar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2011 20:05 ArvickHero wrote:
hey Mortality

+ Show Spoiler +
Still think Soo's simply just a one-matchup wonder?


Yeah Mortality, that "one" game proves you wrong!

wait, Bizang also won his only game against a zerg this month making him undefeated in the match-up... PvZ Bonjwa???
Writer
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 22 2011 13:30 GMT
#514
I think we can safely say that Jangbi is going to be off the ranking. I'm tempted to say he deserves a shout out for a tough break. His game against JD early in the month was tremendous, but a player who goes 2-6, dropping from OSL and dropping games that matter in PL playoffs cannot get a rank on a month with so many stand outs. Although maybe tie-breaker is possible?

On July 22 2011 20:05 ArvickHero wrote:
hey Mortality

+ Show Spoiler +
Still think Soo's simply just a one-matchup wonder?


I did not see the game, but really, are you seriously going to suggest that a single win proves anything? Especially given Sea's current form (not even top 10 TvZ by ELO, only 1 win in his last 8 games). Although I think this also knocks Sea out of the running for PR since currently he is achieving results that are great in TvT, but mediocre in TvP and less than mediocre in TvZ.

Soo could get ranked. After TLPD is updated he will be ahead of Soulkey in ELO even though Soulkey was 100 points ahead a month ago. The PL grandfinal and the game against Hiya will be important indicators for Soo's rank.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Otakusan
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States59 Posts
July 22 2011 17:39 GMT
#515
[NC]...YellOw, forever the #2.
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
July 22 2011 22:44 GMT
#516
gee I love the overreactions to when I say that Soo isn't simply a one-matchup wonder. Possibly my definition is wrong, but I think of one-matchup wonder literally being you can only play one matchup and suck donkey shit in all other MUs (Skyhigh one such example).

I'm simply saying that Soo (and Hoejja for you KT fans) can play really solid ZvT and (maybe) ZvZ now, while having superb ZvP. When Soo was slumping, his ZvT and ZvZ was absolutely abysmal, but recently he's been playing very solid management ZvT against decent opponents.
Writerptrk
swanized
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Canada2480 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-22 23:09:40
July 22 2011 23:08 GMT
#517
On July 23 2011 07:44 ArvickHero wrote:
gee I love the overreactions to when I say that Soo isn't simply a one-matchup wonder. Possibly my definition is wrong, but I think of one-matchup wonder literally being you can only play one matchup and suck donkey shit in all other MUs (Skyhigh one such example).

I'm simply saying that Soo (and Hoejja for you KT fans) can play really solid ZvT and (maybe) ZvZ now, while having superb ZvP. When Soo was slumping, his ZvT and ZvZ was absolutely abysmal, but recently he's been playing very solid management ZvT against decent opponents.

I don't think anyone is saying soO is awful at ZvT (as in modesty awful) but rather that only his ZvP is power rank worthy.

(and also that if soO's ZvT wasn't considered good before his game against sea why would it be after only one game)
Writer
mnesthes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
5433 Posts
July 23 2011 01:29 GMT
#518
Hoejja 5-3 this month, 4-1 in PL playoffs (the only loss was to Light who was a TvZ master anyway). POWER OF LEFTY YO
<+LighTofHeaveN> Ppl call this "Indigo Children"
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
July 23 2011 06:51 GMT
#519
On July 23 2011 07:44 ArvickHero wrote:
gee I love the overreactions to when I say that Soo isn't simply a one-matchup wonder. Possibly my definition is wrong, but I think of one-matchup wonder literally being you can only play one matchup and suck donkey shit in all other MUs (Skyhigh one such example).

I'm simply saying that Soo (and Hoejja for you KT fans) can play really solid ZvT and (maybe) ZvZ now, while having superb ZvP. When Soo was slumping, his ZvT and ZvZ was absolutely abysmal, but recently he's been playing very solid management ZvT against decent opponents.


Sometimes able to play a match solidly isn't the same thing as being well and truly solid. He's secured a few decent wins, but outside of ZvP nothing really worth bragging about. Since you bring up SkyHigh I may as well point out that SkyHigh's TvP and TvZ stats are comparable to Soo's ZvT and ZvZ. And even if you want to say that Soo's days of failure are behind him, this is something that has to be proved. A handful of wins don't do that. Quantitatively he still has something to prove and qualitatively he's done nothing high profile, nothing really of note to anyone who isn't wearing a T1 logo.

And I don't know how you get the idea that he was in a slump when he had never proven himself to begin with. A slump implies that proof has been given.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Vasoline73
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States8139 Posts
July 23 2011 07:12 GMT
#520
Roo/Perfective on a 3 game win streak in the playoffs. Not good enough for the PR, but maybe for CBNC
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 197
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 568
NaDa 58
Leta 29
Larva 27
TT1 15
Icarus 9
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm201
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Other Games
summit1g10182
WinterStarcraft409
Mew2King112
ViBE90
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1390
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream142
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1050
• Lourlo768
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 12m
INu's Battles
8h 12m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 12m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 12m
Replay Cast
19h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.