• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8839 users

Power Rank 07/01/2011 - Page 15

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 39 Next All
infinity2k9
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom2397 Posts
July 06 2011 09:32 GMT
#281
It's very obvious why Bisu is a PL player when he can be sent out on maps he likes and play in usually a matchup he's best at. His team is deep, so he can be played in a fashion where he's not just having to face random snipers every single proleague game like Flash and Jaedong are.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 10:48:54
July 06 2011 10:48 GMT
#282
On July 06 2011 17:02 Goragoth wrote:
I don't want to be supporting the troll here and I think the PR is more or less fine (well, personally I would never put a Terran on the PR but then again I really hate Terrans... - I kid of course, well kind of), but I do want to point out the March PR where Flash got #1 over Hydra who was coming fresh from his own MSL win while Flash had nothing but PL to play. I'm just saying that Flash is getting huge leniency here because of his past achievements while most other players in that situation would not have had #1 (neither Hydra nor Fantasy got the spot when they won their leagues).

I won't argue whether that is right or wrong, in the end it's all up to the PR writer anyhow, but I did want to point it out since some people here seem to just saying, "he won the MSL stupid, so he should be #1. Duh!", which isn't much of an argument.


People disparage his title because it was all ZvZ, similar to Calm.
Remember Violet.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 11:58:04
July 06 2011 11:53 GMT
#283
We're not saying ''Flash won MSL, he should be #1''. We're saying Flash just absolutely dominated two formidable top-class opponents to go 6-0 through the semi-final and the final of MSL (while having wrist problems), and by doing that tying Nada's record for most Starleague titles won in the history of the game, in a month when there was nothing else even remotely close in importance going on (no late-stage OSL at the same time).

Also, ever heard of the concept ''benefit of doubt''? Now, I may be biased, but I think someone who has been in 7 out of the last 9 Starleague finals deserves more of this than anyone else in the scene...
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 12:07:41
July 06 2011 12:02 GMT
#284
On July 06 2011 19:48 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 17:02 Goragoth wrote:
I don't want to be supporting the troll here and I think the PR is more or less fine (well, personally I would never put a Terran on the PR but then again I really hate Terrans... - I kid of course, well kind of), but I do want to point out the March PR where Flash got #1 over Hydra who was coming fresh from his own MSL win while Flash had nothing but PL to play. I'm just saying that Flash is getting huge leniency here because of his past achievements while most other players in that situation would not have had #1 (neither Hydra nor Fantasy got the spot when they won their leagues).

I won't argue whether that is right or wrong, in the end it's all up to the PR writer anyhow, but I did want to point it out since some people here seem to just saying, "he won the MSL stupid, so he should be #1. Duh!", which isn't much of an argument.


People disparage his title because it was all ZvZ, similar to Calm.

I guess we can just disparage Flash's title because Hydra sucks at ZvT and Zero choked? A MSL win is a MSL win and Hydra was and is simply better at ZvZ than Great. Hydra might even be the best ZvZ player at the moment, just like Flash is the best TvZ player.

I agree with Flash's placement as #1, btw. PR has traditionally favoured historic accomplishments and this was a monumental achievement. But Flash accomplished nothing this month other than winning the MSL. He lost all his games in PL* and got through the OSL really easily because Bogus made some huge mistakes and Hyun fluked himself into the OSL. There are certainly arguments for not putting Flash at #1.

However, Flamewheel made it very clear that he was awarding Flash the #1 based on his past achievements in order to honour his accomplishment. So I don't know why people are still complaining.

But don't brush aside an MSL gold based on some arbitrary distinction like the match-up. JD got his golden mouse by winning a ZvZ and I'd really rather not have somebody say it wasn't worth as much as Flash's golden mouse because of it. The better player wins and it's always deserved.

* Edit: Flash actually beat FBH in PL, my bad. However, his wins against Hydra were accounted for in last month's PR, if we want to get pedantic. Anyway.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 12:30:30
July 06 2011 12:24 GMT
#285
Jaedong beat Fantasy in that OSL, a guy who just crushed him in PL finals a week prior. Hydra and Calm literally played 3 ZvZs in a row to win their MSLs. They did beat Jaedong but they were by far the most deflating and uninteresting title runs in history. They've since proven that both of them are solid players. We all know ZvZ has the largest luck element of any matchup, so it comes off to people as more obvious than other champions' luck who didn't ZvZ there way there.

I don't think they didn't deserve their titles. It's not their fault they got matched up with nothing but ZvZ, they just did what they could to win and clearly earned their way there. Still, an undoubtedly lackluster series of games and absolutely forgettable title runs, sad as it is to say.
Remember Violet.
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
July 06 2011 12:49 GMT
#286
On July 06 2011 21:02 kuroshiroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 19:48 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On July 06 2011 17:02 Goragoth wrote:
I don't want to be supporting the troll here and I think the PR is more or less fine (well, personally I would never put a Terran on the PR but then again I really hate Terrans... - I kid of course, well kind of), but I do want to point out the March PR where Flash got #1 over Hydra who was coming fresh from his own MSL win while Flash had nothing but PL to play. I'm just saying that Flash is getting huge leniency here because of his past achievements while most other players in that situation would not have had #1 (neither Hydra nor Fantasy got the spot when they won their leagues).

I won't argue whether that is right or wrong, in the end it's all up to the PR writer anyhow, but I did want to point it out since some people here seem to just saying, "he won the MSL stupid, so he should be #1. Duh!", which isn't much of an argument.


People disparage his title because it was all ZvZ, similar to Calm.

I guess we can just disparage Flash's title because Hydra sucks at ZvT and Zero choked?

Neither of those things are really true?
Yodo
Profile Joined March 2010
Russian Federation327 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 12:55:49
July 06 2011 12:55 GMT
#287
Instead of useless arguing let's do some simple math.
In June we have 3 type of players activity: PL, MSL and OSL.
Lets rate the player performance from 0 (complete failure) to 10 (complete success).

Bisu: PL (7-1) = 9, MSL= OSL = 0 (not perfoming at all). Total = 9
Flash: PL (1-5) = 1, MSL = 10 (6-0), OSL = 7. Total = 18.
Jaedong: PL (7-3) = 8, MSL = 0, OSL = 10. Total = 18.

Due to gold medal Flash takes priority over JD. Bisu not even close to both of them.
I hope all Bisu fanboys can calc?

To prevent whining about importance of PL and unimportance of mere Star Leagues:
PR is individual ranking and you can't place in-team performance over individual results, it just wrong..
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
July 06 2011 14:01 GMT
#288
On July 06 2011 21:49 SimonB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 21:02 kuroshiroi wrote:
On July 06 2011 19:48 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On July 06 2011 17:02 Goragoth wrote:
I don't want to be supporting the troll here and I think the PR is more or less fine (well, personally I would never put a Terran on the PR but then again I really hate Terrans... - I kid of course, well kind of), but I do want to point out the March PR where Flash got #1 over Hydra who was coming fresh from his own MSL win while Flash had nothing but PL to play. I'm just saying that Flash is getting huge leniency here because of his past achievements while most other players in that situation would not have had #1 (neither Hydra nor Fantasy got the spot when they won their leagues).

I won't argue whether that is right or wrong, in the end it's all up to the PR writer anyhow, but I did want to point it out since some people here seem to just saying, "he won the MSL stupid, so he should be #1. Duh!", which isn't much of an argument.


People disparage his title because it was all ZvZ, similar to Calm.

I guess we can just disparage Flash's title because Hydra sucks at ZvT and Zero choked?

Neither of those things are really true?


Not to mention they're totally different ideas.

ZvZvZvZ semis mean the situation(generally maps) being extremely favorable for zerg. So it cheapens the win as it implies part of your championship belongs to you playing the right race.

Not saying if this was actually true or not. But it certainly is the perception.
Meh
Xiphos
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada7507 Posts
July 06 2011 14:41 GMT
#289
ZerO didn't choke on that Final vs Flash. Flash won with new BO advantage and ZerO was too stubborn to mix up his plays. Add in some cheese into your play in a BOx!
2014 - ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ Raise your bows brood warriors! ᕙ( •̀ل͜•́) ϡ
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 16:19:03
July 06 2011 16:18 GMT
#290
On July 06 2011 21:49 SimonB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 21:02 kuroshiroi wrote:
On July 06 2011 19:48 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On July 06 2011 17:02 Goragoth wrote:
I don't want to be supporting the troll here and I think the PR is more or less fine (well, personally I would never put a Terran on the PR but then again I really hate Terrans... - I kid of course, well kind of), but I do want to point out the March PR where Flash got #1 over Hydra who was coming fresh from his own MSL win while Flash had nothing but PL to play. I'm just saying that Flash is getting huge leniency here because of his past achievements while most other players in that situation would not have had #1 (neither Hydra nor Fantasy got the spot when they won their leagues).

I won't argue whether that is right or wrong, in the end it's all up to the PR writer anyhow, but I did want to point it out since some people here seem to just saying, "he won the MSL stupid, so he should be #1. Duh!", which isn't much of an argument.


People disparage his title because it was all ZvZ, similar to Calm.

I guess we can just disparage Flash's title because Hydra sucks at ZvT and Zero choked?

Neither of those things are really true?
Which was my point all along. ZvZ isn't some shitty auto-win match-up, just like Flash winning against Hydra and Zero wasn't guaranteed or easy. But I can infer from your comment that you think ZvZ is not as deserving as the other match-ups. Good to know.

On July 06 2011 23:41 Xiphos wrote:
ZerO didn't choke on that Final vs Flash. Flash won with new BO advantage and ZerO was too stubborn to mix up his plays. Add in some cheese into your play in a BOx!

Refusing to deviate from your obviously flawed game-plan is choking.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
July 06 2011 22:07 GMT
#291
On July 06 2011 21:24 TwoToneTerran wrote:
Jaedong beat Fantasy in that OSL, a guy who just crushed him in PL finals a week prior. Hydra and Calm literally played 3 ZvZs in a row to win their MSLs. They did beat Jaedong but they were by far the most deflating and uninteresting title runs in history. They've since proven that both of them are solid players. We all know ZvZ has the largest luck element of any matchup, so it comes off to people as more obvious than other champions' luck who didn't ZvZ there way there.

I don't think they didn't deserve their titles. It's not their fault they got matched up with nothing but ZvZ, they just did what they could to win and clearly earned their way there. Still, an undoubtedly lackluster series of games and absolutely forgettable title runs, sad as it is to say.

Actually PvP is more luck based than ZvZ. Anyway, it still would count for more to win a coinflip matchup than one biased to the race the winner was playing (i.e. TvZ where T has a slight edge). And how entertaining the games were has absolutely no bearing on ranking the skill of the players; so your last sentence really baffles me.
Creator of LoLTool.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-06 22:40:36
July 06 2011 22:39 GMT
#292
I didn't say they did, but people dislike ZvZ, dislike titles decided only by ZvZ, and disparage ZvZ wins -- for and against players (How often recently have you seen folks go "Well, Jaedong lost, but it was a ZvZ" ? It's not just title runs that are disparaged in the matchup).

I think they deserved the title, I do not think they were the best players in the tournament in spite of it. I don't think you can say the same thing for Flash unless you're absolutely convinced Jaedong would've had his number in the finals had he made it there.
Remember Violet.
mlaack10
Profile Joined July 2011
United States2 Posts
July 06 2011 22:52 GMT
#293
I believe By.Sun should receive some ackowledgement... that kid is on fire lately and most likely to do some damage for the PL finals.
Bisu for 2011 MST***
VGhost
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States3621 Posts
July 07 2011 00:19 GMT
#294
On July 07 2011 01:18 kuroshiroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 21:49 SimonB wrote:
On July 06 2011 21:02 kuroshiroi wrote:
On July 06 2011 19:48 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On July 06 2011 17:02 Goragoth wrote:
I don't want to be supporting the troll here and I think the PR is more or less fine (well, personally I would never put a Terran on the PR but then again I really hate Terrans... - I kid of course, well kind of), but I do want to point out the March PR where Flash got #1 over Hydra who was coming fresh from his own MSL win while Flash had nothing but PL to play. I'm just saying that Flash is getting huge leniency here because of his past achievements while most other players in that situation would not have had #1 (neither Hydra nor Fantasy got the spot when they won their leagues).

I won't argue whether that is right or wrong, in the end it's all up to the PR writer anyhow, but I did want to point it out since some people here seem to just saying, "he won the MSL stupid, so he should be #1. Duh!", which isn't much of an argument.


People disparage his title because it was all ZvZ, similar to Calm.

I guess we can just disparage Flash's title because Hydra sucks at ZvT and Zero choked?

Neither of those things are really true?
Which was my point all along. ZvZ isn't some shitty auto-win match-up, just like Flash winning against Hydra and Zero wasn't guaranteed or easy. But I can infer from your comment that you think ZvZ is not as deserving as the other match-ups. Good to know.

Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 23:41 Xiphos wrote:
ZerO didn't choke on that Final vs Flash. Flash won with new BO advantage and ZerO was too stubborn to mix up his plays. Add in some cheese into your play in a BOx!

Refusing to deviate from your obviously flawed game-plan is choking.


I'd disagree. Does every loser "choke"? Can you really "choke" at all if you're as badly outclassed as ZerO was? Just for reference, here's the liquibet vote:

[image loading]


That's favoring Flash at 88%, despite an incredibly ZerO-favored writeup from the news type.

True, ZerO won a PL game against Flash just before the MSL Final. True, I thought ZerO had it in him to go 1-3 - and if he got really lucky and made it to 2-2 I might have given him a good shot to win. But when it comes down to it, Flash is the Ultimate Weapon and the definition of achievement over the last year, while ZerO's a solid A-class Zerg who's incredibly streaky and hasn't merited a nickname better than "Prince of Queens" (which, while cool, doesn't bespeak greatness).

And in that scenario, he lost game 1 and 2 badly without doing anything seriously wrong - after that, even succumbing to nerves in game 3 doesn't deserve the epithet of "choke".

(You want a choke, let's talk about another recent 0-3 final where the loser was favored... fffuuuu Dinotoss!)
#4427 || I am not going to scan a ferret.
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 08:21:27
July 07 2011 08:19 GMT
#295
On July 07 2011 09:19 VGhost wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On July 07 2011 01:18 kuroshiroi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 21:49 SimonB wrote:
On July 06 2011 21:02 kuroshiroi wrote:
On July 06 2011 19:48 TwoToneTerran wrote:
On July 06 2011 17:02 Goragoth wrote:
I don't want to be supporting the troll here and I think the PR is more or less fine (well, personally I would never put a Terran on the PR but then again I really hate Terrans... - I kid of course, well kind of), but I do want to point out the March PR where Flash got #1 over Hydra who was coming fresh from his own MSL win while Flash had nothing but PL to play. I'm just saying that Flash is getting huge leniency here because of his past achievements while most other players in that situation would not have had #1 (neither Hydra nor Fantasy got the spot when they won their leagues).

I won't argue whether that is right or wrong, in the end it's all up to the PR writer anyhow, but I did want to point it out since some people here seem to just saying, "he won the MSL stupid, so he should be #1. Duh!", which isn't much of an argument.


People disparage his title because it was all ZvZ, similar to Calm.

I guess we can just disparage Flash's title because Hydra sucks at ZvT and Zero choked?

Neither of those things are really true?
Which was my point all along. ZvZ isn't some shitty auto-win match-up, just like Flash winning against Hydra and Zero wasn't guaranteed or easy. But I can infer from your comment that you think ZvZ is not as deserving as the other match-ups. Good to know.

Show nested quote +
On July 06 2011 23:41 Xiphos wrote:
ZerO didn't choke on that Final vs Flash. Flash won with new BO advantage and ZerO was too stubborn to mix up his plays. Add in some cheese into your play in a BOx!

Refusing to deviate from your obviously flawed game-plan is choking.


I'd disagree. Does every loser "choke"? Can you really "choke" at all if you're as badly outclassed as ZerO was? Just for reference, here's the liquibet vote:

[image loading]


That's favoring Flash at 88%, despite an incredibly ZerO-favored writeup from the news type.

True, ZerO won a PL game against Flash just before the MSL Final. True, I thought ZerO had it in him to go 1-3 - and if he got really lucky and made it to 2-2 I might have given him a good shot to win. But when it comes down to it, Flash is the Ultimate Weapon and the definition of achievement over the last year, while ZerO's a solid A-class Zerg who's incredibly streaky and hasn't merited a nickname better than "Prince of Queens" (which, while cool, doesn't bespeak greatness).

And in that scenario, he lost game 1 and 2 badly without doing anything seriously wrong - after that, even succumbing to nerves in game 3 doesn't deserve the epithet of "choke".

(You want a choke, let's talk about another recent 0-3 final where the loser was favored... fffuuuu Dinotoss!)

Yeah, I intentionally didn't mention a certain progamer of the dinosauria variety. That was way worse.

Zero won that game against Flash on Benzene by not making mutas but by making lurkers when Flash thought he was going to make mutas, i.e. Flash's BO counter failed.

In the finals however, Flash's valkonic build was a hard counter to 3 hatch muta and it basically mind-fucked Zero and lead him to play really shitty in games 2 and 3. Game 1 was a slaughter. I'm not saying that Flash didn't play well, since he played some excellent StarCraft, but he didn't really have to work very hard in games 2 and 3. He still would've won easily in the end because Zero just isn't as good as but the win was easier than it could have been. It doesn't diminish Flash's win in any way, it was just disappointing. Similarly, ZvZ finals may be disappointing but they're still just as important and impressive as all the other possible finals and dismissing them based on luck or whatever is irritating to say the least. There is some luck involved, just like there was luck involved with Flash's valkonic build but it's perfectly possible to win a ZvZ final or semi or anything based on pure skill.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
July 07 2011 12:00 GMT
#296
Jangbi keeps delivering so far.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
TwoToneTerran
Profile Joined March 2009
United States8841 Posts
July 07 2011 12:15 GMT
#297
Kuroshiroi, in no way is a ZvZ finals more impressive or skillful than, say, a ZvT win, or a PvZ win or a TvP win, or even the non-favorable matchups. Savior's OSL vs Nada > Savior's MSL vs Silver. Bisu's PvZ vs Savior > Bisu's PvPs vs Jangbi and Stork. Mirror matchups are by and large less impressive.

It is not perfectly possible to win a ZvZ final on pure skill. If you don't get a bad BO on a bad map then you are lucky enough to demonstrate your skill. This is just how mirrors work, and it's a massive problem with ZvZ and PvP.

TvT less so but haha like we're ever going to have a TvT finals.
Remember Violet.
kuroshiroi
Profile Joined November 2010
3149 Posts
July 07 2011 12:58 GMT
#298
This is how I view mirrors when a better player plays a worse one.

BO advantage -> Always win
Same BOs -> Win almost always
BO disadvantage -> Win sometimes

Tally it up and a very good mirror player should win 65-75% of the time. In a BO5 series, that's virtually a guarantee you'll win. And you know what, JD and Hydra have reached 75%+ winrates in ZvZ for long periods of time. That can't possibly all be luck.

Obviously it's possible one player will do four 12hatches in a row against three 9pools and a 12 hatch but it's also possible for a TvT player to do 4 14CCs against proxy 8rax or BBS or a PvP player to do four 4gates in a row against DTs. 95% of the time though, the better player will win a mirror.
Fly Jaedong, fly!
Dakkas
Profile Joined October 2010
2550 Posts
July 07 2011 13:13 GMT
#299
On July 07 2011 21:58 kuroshiroi wrote:
This is how I view mirrors when a better player plays a worse one.

BO advantage -> Always win
Same BOs -> Win almost always
BO disadvantage -> Win sometimes

Tally it up and a very good mirror player should win 65-75% of the time. In a BO5 series, that's virtually a guarantee you'll win. And you know what, JD and Hydra have reached 75%+ winrates in ZvZ for long periods of time. That can't possibly all be luck.

Obviously it's possible one player will do four 12hatches in a row against three 9pools and a 12 hatch but it's also possible for a TvT player to do 4 14CCs against proxy 8rax or BBS or a PvP player to do four 4gates in a row against DTs. 95% of the time though, the better player will win a mirror.


Not detracting from the rest of your post however the bolded parts are contradictory
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-07 13:28:37
July 07 2011 13:25 GMT
#300
On July 07 2011 22:13 Dakkas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2011 21:58 kuroshiroi wrote:
This is how I view mirrors when a better player plays a worse one.

BO advantage -> Always win
Same BOs -> Win almost always
BO disadvantage -> Win sometimes

Tally it up and a very good mirror player should win 65-75% of the time. In a BO5 series, that's virtually a guarantee you'll win. And you know what, JD and Hydra have reached 75%+ winrates in ZvZ for long periods of time. That can't possibly all be luck.

Obviously it's possible one player will do four 12hatches in a row against three 9pools and a 12 hatch but it's also possible for a TvT player to do 4 14CCs against proxy 8rax or BBS or a PvP player to do four 4gates in a row against DTs. 95% of the time though, the better player will win a mirror.


Not detracting from the rest of your post however the bolded parts are contradictory



No they aren't.
+ Show Spoiler +
Only incorrect when Jaedong is playing Hogil in the OSL.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
Prev 1 13 14 15 16 17 39 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1491
910 89
NotJumperer 74
Bale 35
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 8
Britney 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm173
febbydoto16
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox399
Mew2King91
Other Games
summit1g8037
Coldzera 734
JimRising 637
C9.Mang0332
WinterStarcraft331
PiGStarcraft280
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1013
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• practicex 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota237
League of Legends
• Lourlo979
• Rush789
• Stunt179
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 38m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
6h 38m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
19h 38m
Patches Events
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.