• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:33
CEST 02:33
KST 09:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9781 users

Korean News - New Proleague maps revealed - Page 6

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
March 25 2008 01:10 GMT
#101
On March 25 2008 09:55 0xDEADBEEF wrote:
I'm not "very skilled", but no noob either and I know the map... in 3v3 you wouldn't get so far, yes, but in a 2v2 with two teams starting where I mentioned and getting up a wall-in it is definitely possible to do this. And even if tank/gol wouldn't turn out to be great, you could also do tank/vult, tank/M&M or whatever... doesn't really matter, the imbalances are still there, as long as you get a few tanks.
The other pro maps are all on the whole usually very balanced at first glance, but still may turn out to be imbalanced in certain matchups. Adding a map such as the original Hunters which already comes with a ton of potential problems can only end in disaster.

If you enlarge the map picture you can see that it's not the original blizz version but an edited one. But I guess it's only the standard mineral+gas fixes. I doubt that was what you meant tho. However they might have made those changes as I have encountered some versions with such alterations once in a while. Especially fixes of cliffable mains.
And while tanks are a threat there are certainly better/faster/safer ways to kick ass as a T on hunters.

In the end of the day I guess the progamers have to prove us right or wrong.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
Gandalf
Profile Joined August 2004
Pakistan1905 Posts
March 25 2008 01:23 GMT
#102
Ahhh awesome, I think 2/2 games on hunters will turn out to be very good, and I think some of the people here who're complaining it will suck will be surprised.
Gandalf
Profile Joined August 2004
Pakistan1905 Posts
March 25 2008 01:26 GMT
#103
On March 25 2008 09:02 2Pacalypse- wrote:
The ignorance about Hunters in this thread really hurts my brain o.O



Same. The main culprit is deadbeef T_T
0xDEADBEEF
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-25 01:31:06
March 25 2008 01:27 GMT
#104
Yes, it's not the original, my bad. But the map layout hasn't changed, so the tank problems are the same. They just made sure each expo has a geysir, but they also didn't take care of the worker pathing problem there (i.e. they didn't put the geysirs in smart positions). Take a look at the 9 o'clock expansion, for example. If you have an expo there with gas, the gas workers will always block/slow your units passing through. That's annoying at best, and a balance problem at worst.
Or, in shorter Battlenet lingo: still a newbie map, made by newbies for newbies.
But I'll shut up now (what a relief, eh?). Everything's been said.
TheTyranid
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Russian Federation4333 Posts
March 25 2008 01:32 GMT
#105
The maps are kinda bland. Colosseum and Andromeda are really similar, I'm tempted to say almost the same. Heights is just plain imba, I can't see zerg winning games on that map versus either P or T. Hunters is an April Fools joke obviously, there is no way it's going to be used in progaming. All maps look like macro maps except the accessibility to cliff drops could be an incentive for T players to play more of a 1 base dropship play (HOPEFULLY, micro T's ftw). Hannibal looks like a very exciting and innovative map. Dunno what to expect from it.

I really hope I'm wrong and the maps can produce exciting games but when I first looked at the maps from last proleague season I immediately thought that Baek would be imba, Crater + Katrina would be bland macro maps, and that Blue Storm would be exciting. It turned out to be true. All we can do is hope.
TomciO
Profile Joined November 2002
Poland414 Posts
March 25 2008 01:39 GMT
#106
I don't see the reason for such a huge excitation because of bringing back Hunters since it's not a new idea. Few years ago they already used a modified version of Hunters in Proleague named Huntress with twilight tileset and six staring positions. Of course this was a little bit different, but still I don't think that difference is THAT significant.
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-25 01:48:48
March 25 2008 01:48 GMT
#107
On March 25 2008 06:58 Lhyviathan wrote:
Why must all the 1v1 maps be 4 player? :S


It adds more scouting to the early game.
omfghi2u2
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States831 Posts
March 25 2008 02:10 GMT
#108
Wow hunters is back? What about Lost Temple? What about that?
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
March 25 2008 02:11 GMT
#109
Why dont they bring back LT instead of hunters? :D

Actually, replace katrina with LT plz
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
BlackStar
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
Netherlands3029 Posts
March 25 2008 02:22 GMT
#110
If you realize that hunters is an april fools, why make such a big deal about it? I mean, are you fooled or not? If you aren't then why..?
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
March 25 2008 03:01 GMT
#111
Hunters used to be a pro map, I hope you all know this already
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
March 25 2008 03:02 GMT
#112
Oh and i absolutely adore the fact that you marked it with teamliquid.net so GG.net cant steal it without sourcing
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
mrdx
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Vietnam1555 Posts
March 25 2008 04:08 GMT
#113
On March 25 2008 12:02 RaGe wrote:
Oh and i absolutely adore the fact that you marked it with teamliquid.net so GG.net cant steal it without sourcing

Afaik they never officially cited anything from here without source. Imagine people at Fifo, Fomos etc laughed at TL.net for the same reason.
BoxerForever.com - the one and only international Boxer fansite since 2006 :)
Ivs
Profile Joined January 2008
Australia139 Posts
March 25 2008 04:30 GMT
#114
Better images from fomos:

Wuthering Heights
[image loading]

Andromeda
[image loading]

Colloseum
[image loading]

Othello
[image loading]

Hannibal
[image loading]

Hunters
[image loading]
anotak
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1537 Posts
March 25 2008 04:43 GMT
#115
you'll notice the cliffs on this version of hunters are undroppable, they put minerals up there
crazie-penguin
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
United States1253 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-25 05:12:05
March 25 2008 05:10 GMT
#116
Hmm, I'm pretty sure they're going to modify Hunters a bit, wasn't it always favored for Protoss? Making the cliffs uncliffable sucks for terran, but I'm not to experienced on the map honestly. Hopefully we won't see mass ZPvZP ling/zeal battles like Full Moon (WangMul or w/e was its other name I think). Also, double gas mains are getting more popular, which is something I support. I'm saddened Troy isn't here though, it was a map full of potential I think. Could have been the next 815 (or a more balanced Bifrost?!?)
Gaetele
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Esper760 Posts
March 25 2008 05:39 GMT
#117
What happened to the days of Ashworld tileset maps? :/
aka Ghostclaws
Raithed
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
China7078 Posts
March 25 2008 05:41 GMT
#118
hunters is effing skeet.
CharlieMurphy
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
United States22895 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-25 07:06:32
March 25 2008 07:04 GMT
#119
I hate them all, Hannibal looks good for zerg, but its 2 player map so who knows. Rest look terrible for zerg.
..and then I would, ya know, check em'. (Aka SpoR)
RaiZ
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
2813 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-03-25 07:21:41
March 25 2008 07:18 GMT
#120
Hannibal a 2 players map ? I think you didn't read carefully. And it does look awful for zergs.Edit : i guess you mean a 2v2 map my bad. Just look closely at the natural : We need a 3rd hatch in order to protect the main. Can't wait to see some hunters games though.
Othello looks good too... I mean there's no advantages for terran at all, i'm just getting sick of macros maps and this one was just what i was looking for ! Gogogogo lurks drops / tanks cliff / canons cliffs (?) hell bring back micro's maps !
Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. Oscar Wilde
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings96
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE140
ProTech124
SpeCial 93
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 25
NaDa 25
Dota 2
monkeys_forever443
canceldota177
NeuroSwarm141
League of Legends
Doublelift4078
Counter-Strike
taco 95
Other Games
summit1g6749
JimRising 450
C9.Mang0386
ToD79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick720
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 98
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP71
• poizon28 37
• davetesta30
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1012
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.