• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:49
CEST 08:49
KST 15:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8852 users

New OSL Maps - Page 7

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
tKd_
Profile Joined February 2005
United States2916 Posts
January 11 2008 13:44 GMT
#121
wat happens if only 1 assimilator is destroyed
Jayson X
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
Switzerland2431 Posts
January 11 2008 13:52 GMT
#122
Woah fucking love these new maps! Can't wait to see them in action! Love the gas and the tree thing. Now i'm hyped fo OSL!!!
fOrTT
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States123 Posts
January 11 2008 13:54 GMT
#123
mass ghosts on troy imo
NovaTheFeared
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States7232 Posts
January 11 2008 13:55 GMT
#124
The longer I look at Troy the worse it looks for zerg.
日本語が分かりますか
Guybrush
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
Spain4744 Posts
January 11 2008 13:59 GMT
#125
Nice news, thanks L2W
Live2Win is awesome. Happy new year scarabi!
paavst
Profile Joined December 2007
171 Posts
January 11 2008 14:19 GMT
#126
Drops seem to be an option...
homeless_guy
Profile Joined June 2005
United States321 Posts
January 11 2008 14:40 GMT
#127
plz excuse newb question. when and where can we dl? the only way to answer questions and generally check these maps out is to a. play them and b. see the pros. play them.
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
January 11 2008 14:49 GMT
#128
lol i lovet his time of the year...
mapdori goes down every hour with people wanting to get their hands on the map
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
January 11 2008 15:03 GMT
#129
Demon Forest looks nice but i hate this shit with neutral buildings on troy.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
January 11 2008 16:05 GMT
#130
I predict a 82% win ratio for Flash on Troy. The map stinks of cheese.

I hope the forest won't make watching the game too much of an annoyance. Other than that, I think we're going to see some pretty cool games on both maps.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 11 2008 16:07 GMT
#131
I think this is the worst bunch of maps I've seen lately. A good map should be open to all play styles. I guess they are trying to drive new play styles with these maps, but I don't appreciate it. Typically these new maps are forcing people to play a certain way with their gimmicks introducing a completely dominant strategy.

Troy is not bad, considering it looks like a fairly standard map with this geyser trick put in. I'd expect to see Reaver/Sair in every PvZ, considering there's 4 islands and the chokes to the mains are basically useless. PvT looks pretty easy on it as well; Again 4 islands and Vulture harass is basically negligable. Not to mention when Carriers start harassing mains and closing the chokes continually. TvZ will probably be fine because it's usually unaffected by gimmicks like this, and the terrain looks fairly standard. I expect to see A LOT of facepalm moments where you get super annoying because the guy dropped you and closed your choke.

Forest map... ugh. Taking away naturals didn't work in Nemesis, and it's not going to work on this piece of shit. Seems like Zerg are going to have a field day (again) on this map in both matchups, considering melee-based Zerg is viable in all matchups. I'm not looking forward to PvT either. Dragoons missing Mines, Zealots roaming free, ugh. If anything, this map will have good mirror matchups, but I think every other matchup is going to suck ass to watch on this (if they play standard).

I'm looking forward to a lot of shitty games with stupid builds and ridiculous tactics. Hooray!

(I hope I'm wrong)
Moderator
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
January 11 2008 16:28 GMT
#132
Map creator of Troy's name is "Kim-Eung-Seo" not "Kim Eun-suh."

Chill, I'm pretty sure you and 50 other people say that every fucking year lol. "If they play standard," Well hopefully they're not retarded enough to play standard on a non-standard map. One of the most frustrating things about being a mapper is that people are unwilling to try new things. If people like you had your way, we'd all still be playing Lost Temple and Hunters.

On Demon's Forest, I fully expect heavy Firebat ratios to become a standard part of Terran player's unit mixes Maybe with mines to screw up lurkers. That or Terran will bunker up in their main and do drop kind of strategies.

PS: The definition of standard changes with maps anyway. Remember a time when FE with Terran or Toss seemed ridiculous?
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-11 16:38:48
January 11 2008 16:36 GMT
#133
On January 12 2008 01:28 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
Map creator of Troy's name is "Kim-Eung-Seo" not "Kim Eun-suh."

Chill, I'm pretty sure you and 50 other people say that every fucking year lol. "If they play standard," Well hopefully they're not retarded enough to play standard on a non-standard map. One of the most frustrating things about being a mapper is that people are unwilling to try new things. If people like you had your way, we'd all still be playing Lost Temple and Hunters.


Yes we do, and look at Nemesis, Loki, Persona. Who was right?

Edit: Forgot BGH (Baekmagoji)
Edit 2: The point is that an ideal map allows every strategy to be viable. Perhaps it pushs you in one direction because of terrain or whatnot, but they should all be viable. Having a completely dominant "winning" strategy because of people "trying new things" is beyond stupid and is the definition of a terrible map. You don't force gameplay decisions with maps, that's not the job of a mapper.
Moderator
amatoer
Profile Joined January 2008
Germany212 Posts
January 11 2008 16:42 GMT
#134
Teutoburg Forest yeah ;D
the maps look very weird.. cant wait to play them
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-11 16:51:29
January 11 2008 16:47 GMT
#135
So? I remember a lot of GGs on those maps. If you're talking about stats being imbalanced on those maps, the sample is way to small to make any judgments, even Katrina (a fan favourite), has really imbalanced stats. Honestly, statistics are stupid. It's up to good players to overcome maps (which maybe sounds brutal, but it's happened in the past).

Ex: Think of every final in the past two years. How many of those had one player 'overcoming a map unfavourable to his race?' How many 'upsets' have happened, based on what people though about the map? ;P


Edit 2: The point is that an ideal map allows every strategy to be viable. Perhaps it pushs you in one direction because of terrain or whatnot, but they should all be viable. Having a completely dominant "winning" strategy because of people "trying new things" is beyond stupid and is the definition of a terrible map. You don't force gameplay decisions with maps, that's not the job of a mapper.

Almost all maps today FORCE you to pretty much FE every game. How the fuck is that making all strategies viable? How often do you see one base strategies? NEVER, and you wanna know why? Because the maps make them near impossible to play! You'll never see a Terran with a StarPort before he's expoed these days, but it used to happen all the time. And I'm not saying any map should have a dominant "winning" strategy. I'm saying that strategy shouldn't always be macro whore.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
January 11 2008 16:54 GMT
#136
I'm not talking about statistics, I'm talking about Zergs getting the shit kicked out of them on Baekmagoji and being unable to lose on Persona. I'm talking about shitty games, not the results and statistics. Notice how I didn't include Blue Storm, Katrina, or countless other statistically imbalanced maps? Because it's a very interesting map, with a little of flare and viability despite being imbalanced.

I don't know how you are PRO imbalanced maps? This is StarCraft, not MapQuest, and the role of the mapper is to remain have as little affect on the gameplay as possible.
Moderator
Chef
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
10810 Posts
January 11 2008 17:07 GMT
#137
If that were true, there'd be no such thing as a map without a cliff above the natural. The role of the mapper is to keep StarCraft interesting. Zerg can't lose on Persona? I believe Jaedong, the latest hot stuff lost on it

When did I say I was pro imbalance? I've never said I was pro-one-dominating strategy either. Infact, I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible for one strategy to always dominate in StarCraft, because the reason this game is so good, is that it's a game of incomplete information. But you don't seem to agree with that. You seem to treat it like a game of chess, where the more exact counters you know, the more standard your moves, the better a player you are. Well guess what. Chess is a game of complete information. There is never a consistent best move in StarCraft (unless it's a tiny map where you know for a fact what your opponent has to be doing).

Anyway, I guess we can agree to disagree ;P I'm pretty sure Troy is gonna be an awesome map when it hits the circuit, and Demon's Forest has some potential.
LEGEND!! LEGEND!!
Texas
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Germany2388 Posts
January 11 2008 17:15 GMT
#138
Good newspost, interesting maps. Looking forward to see some exciting games on these.
Thanks for posting live2win. Thanks a lot.
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
January 11 2008 17:42 GMT
#139
On January 12 2008 01:54 Chill wrote:
I'm not talking about statistics, I'm talking about Zergs getting the shit kicked out of them on Baekmagoji and being unable to lose on Persona. I'm talking about shitty games, not the results and statistics. Notice how I didn't include Blue Storm, Katrina, or countless other statistically imbalanced maps? Because it's a very interesting map, with a little of flare and viability despite being imbalanced.

I don't know how you are PRO imbalanced maps? This is StarCraft, not MapQuest, and the role of the mapper is to remain have as little affect on the gameplay as possible.



I don't think so, the rol of a mapper its make an entertaining map, affect the gameplay ITS THEIR JOB... are very few maps "balanced", and its too difficult to see what will happened in Pro scene... the mappers receive money, but they many times make mistakes, you, me or anyone in this forum are incapable of know the future, but sooner or later, the pro players and statistics of their games will prove the job of the mappers, and the only thing that i can be sure is that the JOB OF THE MAPPERS WILL AFFECT THE GAMEPLAY AND THE SHOW =)





Beat after beat i will become stronger.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26004 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-01-11 17:51:14
January 11 2008 17:49 GMT
#140
On January 12 2008 02:07 PsycHOTemplar wrote:
If that were true, there'd be no such thing as a map without a cliff above the natural. The role of the mapper is to keep StarCraft interesting. Zerg can't lose on Persona? I believe Jaedong, the latest hot stuff lost on it

When did I say I was pro imbalance? I've never said I was pro-one-dominating strategy either. Infact, I'm pretty sure it's nearly impossible for one strategy to always dominate in StarCraft, because the reason this game is so good, is that it's a game of incomplete information. But you don't seem to agree with that. You seem to treat it like a game of chess, where the more exact counters you know, the more standard your moves, the better a player you are. Well guess what. Chess is a game of complete information. There is never a consistent best move in StarCraft (unless it's a tiny map where you know for a fact what your opponent has to be doing).

Anyway, I guess we can agree to disagree ;P I'm pretty sure Troy is gonna be an awesome map when it hits the circuit, and Demon's Forest has some potential.


Okay great, take my obvious exaggeration and apply one example and declare it defeated.

In between you talking down to me, you sputter some blatant lies. Yes there are dominant strategies, as in "If a race does this build on this map, he will win more than he will lose." This is a dominant build. Even if the other player does the counter build, he is losing more. That is a direct fault of the map maker, and takes strategy and diversity away from the game.

My entire point rests on the fact that StarCraft is a game of incomplete information. When you select your initial build you often haven't even scouted at that point, so you try to maximize your chance to win by taking into account your opponent, current trends, and the map. If the map provides such a dominant strategy, all these mind games become moot. You are forcing players to mindlessly do this build and win more than they lose, and damning the opponent to try all-ins because he has no other option.

You are obviously a mapper, and I am obviously a player, so our opinions cannot be unskewed. I think you are giving way too much freedom to impact the game.

We'll have to wait and see how these maps turn out.
Moderator
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 11m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 500
BeSt 322
sorry 84
Mind 71
Bale 30
ZergMaN 15
Soma 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm177
League of Legends
JimRising 655
Other Games
summit1g9100
Coldzera 731
WinterStarcraft693
C9.Mang0302
Sick168
febbydoto10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
BasetradeTV192
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2189
Other Games
• Shiphtur699
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
3h 11m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
5h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
10h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
12h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 8h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 12h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.