• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:20
CEST 23:20
KST 06:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8162 users

[GSL] "Maturation" GSL May Midway Report - Page 3

Forum Index > News
90 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
April 30 2011 04:08 GMT
#41
On April 30 2011 13:05 Divinek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 13:00 TemplarCo. wrote:
Choya - F
Dear god (P)Choya got manhandled by Keen in this series, he let a nuke go off from a ghost that wasn't even cloaked
(T)Keen - A
Yes I gave him an A because he executed a successful nuke and for no other reason.

ROFL!!!

Now, being serious, When did Clide say he is the best player in the wolrd?? I missed it completely...
and also while the hate on InCa, what did he do??

Anyways, nice write-up, thanks!!


Clide self claims being the best player in the world by doing it in his play! It was just jokes that I was jabbing at clide, of course he never said I'm the best player ever. It's not like I quoted him or anything I was just trying to have a little fun with it.

I think I agree a little more with the sentiment of no stars, I gave no stars if I felt no one should ever watch those games. But using 0.5 or 1 for those makes more sense in retrospect and 0's should be reserved for really amazing/hilarious failures.


Ahhhhh, ok, its just that I missed casually the day Clide played so I thought he said it, lol, thanks for clearing this up.
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
moargas
Profile Joined October 2010
31 Posts
April 30 2011 04:25 GMT
#42
Huk with his top 3 control in the world should easily make it out of the up-and-down matches.

On a side note: Keen now deserves an A++ or S rank for his celebration in the Ro16 matches.
Kerwinius
Profile Joined October 2010
United States58 Posts
April 30 2011 04:45 GMT
#43
In your group D grades you say Nestea is in the up/down matches which is false.
thoradycus
Profile Joined August 2010
Malaysia3262 Posts
April 30 2011 05:22 GMT
#44
I keep misreading this as masturbation
ArnaudF
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
France993 Posts
April 30 2011 06:16 GMT
#45
HuK should be angry after these games. Despite being clearly the second best player in the group, he will now only have one chance in the up/down matches.


Again with the HuK hype :/
My heart aches with pain, When I see you I vomit, Die away from me
Headnoob
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia2108 Posts
April 30 2011 06:19 GMT
#46
Just because you're biased towards huk doesn't mean the system needs to change.

might just need to get over it m8
winthrop
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Hong Kong956 Posts
April 30 2011 06:43 GMT
#47
bias view
rain is better than huk
Incredible Miracle
backtoback
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1276 Posts
April 30 2011 06:53 GMT
#48
On April 30 2011 14:22 thoradycus wrote:
I keep misreading this as masturbation


lol same. we have dirty minds.
Musou
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
1375 Posts
April 30 2011 07:10 GMT
#49
After that Inca vs Virus series, I don't think you can honestly say HuK is a better player than Inca. HuK would almost definitely have lost that series. Inca is looking much stronger now that he has had some time to prepare.
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
April 30 2011 09:05 GMT
#50
Awesome write up - some quality in there.

The nuke was awesome haha definitely worth an A rating!
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
April 30 2011 09:57 GMT
#51
I really don't like how the Recommended Games/Game Ratings with Stars is also the spoiler/match results. With how many tournaments are going on, it's impossible to choose, and your/these GSL reports that have a solid, objective, and rating-based Recommended Games section (either by polling if a match should be watched or through Out of 5 stars) are the biggest reason I buy a GSL ticket. I know there are millions of great matches out there, hell there are probably more epic matches randomly uploaded on a game replay website then all the tournaments combined. But what they don't have is a rating system to recommend games. Because of these reports, I can actually know what games are amazing to watch and worth what limited time I have. And so I buy a GSL ticket.

it's not the biggest deal in the world, compared to most things (sports, movies, etc) I don't mind being spoiled about the ending and just watching a good show. But still, I'm surprised, please split them up so the recommended games aren't spoiled (people who already saw the games don't need a rating system to tell them how awesome the game they saw is, they already know and can just see it in another section).

Don't mean to be overly critical, but I'm kind of sad
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
skullhoof
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (North)835 Posts
April 30 2011 14:23 GMT
#52
Insulting rain is fine but insulting Huk is not. Huk is a joke.
Polt was right about luck
andrea20
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada441 Posts
April 30 2011 15:14 GMT
#53
On April 30 2011 18:57 Belial88 wrote:
I really don't like how the Recommended Games/Game Ratings with Stars is also the spoiler/match results. With how many tournaments are going on, it's impossible to choose, and your/these GSL reports that have a solid, objective, and rating-based Recommended Games section (either by polling if a match should be watched or through Out of 5 stars) are the biggest reason I buy a GSL ticket.(


My recommended list:

Code S
A: None
B: Game 2
C: None
D: Game 1, game 3, game 5
E: Game 1, game 2, game 4
F: Game 1
G: Game 5
H: Game 5

Code A
Boxer vs. Avenge game 3
Choya vs. Keen game 1
(to be honest there's probably more but I forgot)
goswser
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3548 Posts
April 30 2011 15:31 GMT
#54
awesome write-up, I disagree with the rating you gave to HuK vs Inca however, I think HuK's strategy was well-constructed and tailored for the 3 gate robo play that Inca went, which HuK anticipated. Despite the game possibly not having as much luster, a clutch forcefield, a unique upgrade choice, and the outcome of the final battle, despite HuK's early gambit not paying off at all, show a polished strategy by HuK that has merit.
say you were born into a jungle indian tribe where food was scarce...would you run around from teepee to teepee stealing meat scraps after a day lazying around doing nothing except warming urself by a fire that you didn't even make yourself? -rekrul
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
April 30 2011 16:42 GMT
#55
I don't understand why they don't just do a straight round robin format.

July vs Huk
July vs Rain
July vs Inca
Huk vs Rain
Huk vs Inca
Inca vs Rain
Sejanus
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Lithuania550 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-30 16:52:31
April 30 2011 16:49 GMT
#56
Are replays available?

Friends don't let friends massacre civilians
omegan
Profile Joined April 2011
76 Posts
April 30 2011 16:59 GMT
#57
On April 30 2011 14:22 thoradycus wrote:
I keep misreading this as masturbation


haha, same here. That title looks so uncomfortable.
omegan
Profile Joined April 2011
76 Posts
April 30 2011 17:05 GMT
#58
On May 01 2011 01:42 Scribble wrote:
I don't understand why they don't just do a straight round robin format.

July vs Huk
July vs Rain
July vs Inca
Huk vs Rain
Huk vs Inca
Inca vs Rain


then eliminated players would still be playing like the NASL. Nobody wants to see meaningless games involving eliminated players.
ionize
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Ireland399 Posts
April 30 2011 17:08 GMT
#59
Nice write-up! Thanks for all the time put into it. That nuke really deserved an A! :D
I just love video games, what's your excuse?
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
April 30 2011 17:29 GMT
#60
I still like the MSL format ><
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 122
ProTech117
Nina 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13440
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2510
JimRising 268
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4971
Khaldor1387
Liquid`Hasu749
Other Games
summit1g6361
fl0m848
shahzam450
C9.Mang0201
FrodaN179
KnowMe136
ArmadaUGS112
ToD111
JuggernautJason66
Mew2King53
PPMD20
ViBE20
NeuroSwarm19
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
Other Games
angryscii13
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen127
Other Games
• imaqtpie794
• Shiphtur232
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 40m
Stellar Fest
15h 40m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.