• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:53
CEST 15:53
KST 22:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)45Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7539 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 467

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 465 466 467 468 469 555 Next
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 16 2024 20:26 GMT
#9321
On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

I'm voting Palmar now, I think Jealous is prepping a defense of him which looks bad but Palmar has still done jack shit and I'm gonna honor the Koshi reads.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 16 2024 20:28 GMT
#9322
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 20:29 GMT
#9323
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
March 16 2024 20:30 GMT
#9324
On March 17 2024 05:29 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.

Ah so Palmar is still scum, is he your second highest read now after me? Or where has he shuffled out on the list.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 20:33 GMT
#9325
On March 17 2024 05:06 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 04:58 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 04:49 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I mean... well done posting my entire filter for a 3 day stretch? I have been abundantly clear on what I was thinking, when I was thinking it, and why I was thinking it. It's very convenient that this case comes the day after I started putting pressure on you for whatever the fuck happened after yesterday's deadline. It's also gotten you out of having to defend or explain your scumreads of Palmar, Rels, or DMB.

I think I did a pretty good job on Palmar tbh. I'll take a dive on Rels later today, tired of reading for now. DMB is apparently off-limits and I got chastised for pursuing it so it is what it is, plus I think I'll go insane if I have to read their filter again.

Dude this:
Show nested quote +
--"Conclusion"--
I think that Palmar is pretty hard to put a finger on. Did he type a lot of things? Yes. Were some of them good-sounding? Assuredly so. Does he have strong convictions, drive, and does he ever put himself into any significant danger? No.

This was your conclusion on Palmar. Like you refused to outright scum read him despite him being #2 on your list of scum targets and just chickened out with "pretty hard to put a finger on."

I don't believe this read any more than I believe you forgot Koshi had died last night.

Also your "case" (summarizing my D2) is now perfectly set up for Palmar to push without actually ever having to do work himself. If you get me mislynched today, Palmar's hands will still be clean.

FWIW by "pretty hard to put a finger on" was more about his general lack of conviction, which was what my last sentence in that paragraph was addressing, which is also why I put him down as scummier than iamp and JAT in the end. It felt more like a person trying to not make too many waves than iamp and JAT who were more outspoken and aggressive at times, even if it was to their detriment and/or they were wrong.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 20:36 GMT
#9326
On March 17 2024 05:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:29 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.

Ah so Palmar is still scum, is he your second highest read now after me? Or where has he shuffled out on the list.

Yea I'd probably say you are more lynchable than him now for me. Still have to look at Rels, also hoping Palmar and iamp address the fact that they too were on that horrible wagon, iamp being the last vote to stick on VE twice even, though as I said before the fact that the second VE vote was TvT with CopCake makes it overall less egregious IMO. And again, if someone else could do the work of looking into their read progressions on Oats instead of just getting the posters-in-question' self-testimonies, that would be a big help IMO.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 20:43 GMT
#9327
On March 09 2024 06:59 Palmar wrote:
Meapak_Ziphh - lack of investigation from me, I'm masoned with the dude but I'm a terrible mason partner because I think they're stupid. That's mostly on me. I also recall some of his posting being a little meek

Found the post I was thinking of. It is interesting to me how this contrasts a bit with the following:

On March 06 2024 07:19 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 07:16 Vivax wrote:
I'm retownreading Sandro.

If Palmar is mafia it's Trfel and JAT on the bus train atm. Maybe even Slam.

Slam looks decidedly worse this game than last, but I also had the mason thing with him in that game which was very helpful in reading him.

I'm on the fence about slam and rayn, I actually don't think Trfel is mafia, but it's a weak townread.


Maybe that's just a Slam-specific thing, though.

Also found this, not exactly relevant to the above exploration but kinda:
On March 07 2024 01:02 Palmar wrote:
I think it's possible that marv, rayn and sandroba are mafia (varying degrees of possibility) and I don't care who masoned who.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 20:48 GMT
#9328
Overall I'd say that MZ looks more townie in the mason chat alone, though it wouldn't be too hard to fake that and leading off with a TR does feel a little awkward unprompted IMO. Kinda like you're buttering him up, which I think is possible as both SvT and TvS and TvT for that matter, so really goes back to my thinking that it is NAI or WIFOM at best.

Palmar just looks wholly disinterested which I think leans slightly more scummy overall but that is WIFOM too, I imagine scum would in general at least try to look interested. If he truly thinks they are stupid then it's NAI, it would have to be a belief that he has in a vacuum outside of this specific game. I guess if anyone has masoned before with Palmar outside of Slam, now would be a good time to compare that to previous occurrences to see if there is some inconsistency there.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 16 2024 20:57 GMT
#9329
On March 17 2024 05:36 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:29 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.

Ah so Palmar is still scum, is he your second highest read now after me? Or where has he shuffled out on the list.

Yea I'd probably say you are more lynchable than him now for me. Still have to look at Rels, also hoping Palmar and iamp address the fact that they too were on that horrible wagon, iamp being the last vote to stick on VE twice even, though as I said before the fact that the second VE vote was TvT with CopCake makes it overall less egregious IMO. And again, if someone else could do the work of looking into their read progressions on Oats instead of just getting the posters-in-question' self-testimonies, that would be a big help IMO.

Can you elaborate why palmar is less lynchable than mz in your opinion?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 16 2024 20:57 GMT
#9330
The votes would suggest otherwise.
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 21:03 GMT
#9331
On March 17 2024 05:57 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:36 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:29 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.

Ah so Palmar is still scum, is he your second highest read now after me? Or where has he shuffled out on the list.

Yea I'd probably say you are more lynchable than him now for me. Still have to look at Rels, also hoping Palmar and iamp address the fact that they too were on that horrible wagon, iamp being the last vote to stick on VE twice even, though as I said before the fact that the second VE vote was TvT with CopCake makes it overall less egregious IMO. And again, if someone else could do the work of looking into their read progressions on Oats instead of just getting the posters-in-question' self-testimonies, that would be a big help IMO.

Can you elaborate why palmar is less lynchable than mz in your opinion?

I mean, I think it's pretty close.

MZ pushed the vote to being a 1 vote difference between Oats and VE, so he seems to me to be a better choice. MZ completely changing their philosophy on the proper way to play mafia as a whole generates a fair amount of disbelief in the narrative for me.

I really don't want to do this because I'm pretty mafia-d out at the moment, but it looks like I'll have to go back into Palmar's filter to refresh my memory for how he made the jump from Oats to VE to compare. Heading out for a very late lunch right now, maybe I'll scroll when I go out for a smoke break after.

Do you hold the opposite opinion? Why or why not?
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 16 2024 21:06 GMT
#9332
On March 17 2024 06:03 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:36 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:29 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.

Ah so Palmar is still scum, is he your second highest read now after me? Or where has he shuffled out on the list.

Yea I'd probably say you are more lynchable than him now for me. Still have to look at Rels, also hoping Palmar and iamp address the fact that they too were on that horrible wagon, iamp being the last vote to stick on VE twice even, though as I said before the fact that the second VE vote was TvT with CopCake makes it overall less egregious IMO. And again, if someone else could do the work of looking into their read progressions on Oats instead of just getting the posters-in-question' self-testimonies, that would be a big help IMO.

Can you elaborate why palmar is less lynchable than mz in your opinion?

I mean, I think it's pretty close.

MZ pushed the vote to being a 1 vote difference between Oats and VE, so he seems to me to be a better choice. MZ completely changing their philosophy on the proper way to play mafia as a whole generates a fair amount of disbelief in the narrative for me.

I really don't want to do this because I'm pretty mafia-d out at the moment, but it looks like I'll have to go back into Palmar's filter to refresh my memory for how he made the jump from Oats to VE to compare. Heading out for a very late lunch right now, maybe I'll scroll when I go out for a smoke break after.

Do you hold the opposite opinion? Why or why not?

I was just trying to understand your thought process. I understood lynchable as "easy to lynch" - but it seems you meant "a good lynch" . Which did not make sense to me.
You know my opinion on Palmar. I don't think he is "lynch able" today.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 16 2024 21:08 GMT
#9333
I also commented on MZs day1 progression in my large post about him. It is objectively scummy. But also extremely brazen if he is mafia.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
March 16 2024 21:08 GMT
#9334
Day2*
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 21:13 GMT
#9335
On March 17 2024 06:06 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 06:03 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:36 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:29 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.

Ah so Palmar is still scum, is he your second highest read now after me? Or where has he shuffled out on the list.

Yea I'd probably say you are more lynchable than him now for me. Still have to look at Rels, also hoping Palmar and iamp address the fact that they too were on that horrible wagon, iamp being the last vote to stick on VE twice even, though as I said before the fact that the second VE vote was TvT with CopCake makes it overall less egregious IMO. And again, if someone else could do the work of looking into their read progressions on Oats instead of just getting the posters-in-question' self-testimonies, that would be a big help IMO.

Can you elaborate why palmar is less lynchable than mz in your opinion?

I mean, I think it's pretty close.

MZ pushed the vote to being a 1 vote difference between Oats and VE, so he seems to me to be a better choice. MZ completely changing their philosophy on the proper way to play mafia as a whole generates a fair amount of disbelief in the narrative for me.

I really don't want to do this because I'm pretty mafia-d out at the moment, but it looks like I'll have to go back into Palmar's filter to refresh my memory for how he made the jump from Oats to VE to compare. Heading out for a very late lunch right now, maybe I'll scroll when I go out for a smoke break after.

Do you hold the opposite opinion? Why or why not?

I was just trying to understand your thought process. I understood lynchable as "easy to lynch" - but it seems you meant "a good lynch" . Which did not make sense to me.
You know my opinion on Palmar. I don't think he is "lynch able" today.

Ah yea I meant it like "good lynch."
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 21:15 GMT
#9336
On March 17 2024 05:26 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

I'm voting Palmar now, I think Jealous is prepping a defense of him which looks bad but Palmar has still done jack shit and I'm gonna honor the Koshi reads.

Hey Mz. You actually know me well enough.

Do you stand by the statement that I have done “jack shit” on day 4?


And now on day 5. Do you believe that me playing less on a weekend is alignment indicative?
Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
March 16 2024 21:18 GMT
#9337
On March 17 2024 05:48 Jealous wrote:
Overall I'd say that MZ looks more townie in the mason chat alone, though it wouldn't be too hard to fake that and leading off with a TR does feel a little awkward unprompted IMO. Kinda like you're buttering him up, which I think is possible as both SvT and TvS and TvT for that matter, so really goes back to my thinking that it is NAI or WIFOM at best.

Palmar just looks wholly disinterested which I think leans slightly more scummy overall but that is WIFOM too, I imagine scum would in general at least try to look interested. If he truly thinks they are stupid then it's NAI, it would have to be a belief that he has in a vacuum outside of this specific game. I guess if anyone has masoned before with Palmar outside of Slam, now would be a good time to compare that to previous occurrences to see if there is some inconsistency there.

And you too. I am very interested in this game. I’m one of like the top 3 players in terms of games played and this may be the longest filter I’ve ever produced. I am very interested in the game.

No idea why people feel comfortable pushing the idea I’m not interested or haven’t done stuff. If you wanna push that I’ve been wrong or that I’ve been unsure or flip floppy or whatever that’s fine. But I am absolutely interested
Computer says mafia
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 16 2024 21:19 GMT
#9338
On March 17 2024 05:36 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 05:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:29 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:25 Jealous wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:16 iamperfection wrote:
On March 17 2024 05:06 Vivax wrote:
I think it‘s a case made with the help of scripts or something, maybe some ghostwriters who slave for Jealous.

It‘s still a bit disconnected from the game. There is no emphasis of MZ drunkposting during D2 when I briefly thought it made him 100% mafia. Those would be great to leverage his arguments.

what a giga chad if its not using scripts though.

I type really fast.

On March 17 2024 05:18 iamperfection wrote:
Jealous did you read the whole palmar mz mason dynamic going on?

Yea I saw it, honestly I don't think I can find much AI in someone else's mason chats when there are timezone differences, one of them traveling constantly and the other seeming pretty disinterested in the chat and with the concept of masons in general IIRC from Palmar's filter.

I did find the point that if they were both scum that they might try harder to make it seem productive/active to be an interesting one, it was a good thought. No guarantee that they would have had that same thought, though. I think focusing on stuff that actually happened in the game (posts, reads, and votes) makes more sense to me overall.

So you now think that Palmar and I can't be scum together? Is that what you're saying here?

Not sure how you got that from what I said. I think it's possible, because I don't think that the mason chat was AI.

Ah so Palmar is still scum, is he your second highest read now after me? Or where has he shuffled out on the list.

Yea I'd probably say you are more lynchable than him now for me. Still have to look at Rels, also hoping Palmar and iamp address the fact that they too were on that horrible wagon, iamp being the last vote to stick on VE twice even, though as I said before the fact that the second VE vote was TvT with CopCake makes it overall less egregious IMO. And again, if someone else could do the work of looking into their read progressions on Oats instead of just getting the posters-in-question' self-testimonies, that would be a big help IMO.

if your asking me why i voted ve its because i thought oats was town and ve was scum. I was genuinely impressed with his play after the check. I was confused by all that happened with slam "claiming" for no reason and it apparently being true and mafia just not dealing with it in that case and combine that with Oats going tryhard.

Plus i always liked oats we used to play dota years ago so i was blinded by that too.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 16 2024 21:24 GMT
#9339
Rels just voted palmar and decided to afk.
DMB chimed in with a lol and nothing else.

This is a critical cycle we need input.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Jealous
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
10390 Posts
March 16 2024 21:27 GMT
#9340
On March 17 2024 06:08 justanothertownie wrote:
I also commented on MZs day1 progression in my large post about him. It is objectively scummy. But also extremely brazen if he is mafia.

I don't know if brazen is the term I'd use, because they put in enough effort to preempt criticism. When I think brazen I think of a person with no fucks to give. MZ clearly gave a lot of fucks.

The scum approach just makes too much sense to me. To boil it down, it's basically:

1. Push hard for an Oats lynch after the flip, so they look neutral-to-good when Oats is lynched.
2. Berate anyone on other wagons when they don't have much steam, effect is similar to #1.
3. When the wagon starts gaining steam, make many posts explaining how you're having a change of heart and why, making it seem like a natural development.
4. "Aw shucks, y'all convinced me. My fault."

And given that it was D2 and the game is still pretty much wide open, there will still be a lot of people looking elsewhere, other townies making questionable plays, and in this game, an easy ML on VE. I think it could have been a calculated gamble.
"The right to vote is only the oar of the slaveship, I wanna be free." -- бум бум сучка!
Prev 1 465 466 467 468 469 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1201
ComeBackTV 485
SteadfastSC365
TaKeTV 319
LamboSC2266
Rex132
IndyStarCraft 84
EnkiAlexander 52
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 365
LamboSC2 266
ProTech143
Rex 132
IndyStarCraft 84
BRAT_OK 48
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38972
Shuttle 2888
Horang2 947
Bisu 890
Jaedong 743
EffOrt 660
Mini 588
Light 576
Soma 472
BeSt 316
[ Show more ]
firebathero 310
Hyuk 284
Stork 267
ZerO 176
Snow 172
ggaemo 168
Rush 168
Zeus 158
Leta 87
hero 79
Killer 78
Pusan 73
Sea.KH 67
sorry 52
Last 43
Sharp 43
Mind 40
Shine 38
Mong 37
soO 29
Shinee 26
Bale 26
Aegong 26
ToSsGirL 24
Trap 22
Sexy 21
Free 17
NotJumperer 17
Terrorterran 16
HiyA 15
Icarus 10
JulyZerg 10
Sacsri 9
zelot 6
Noble 6
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc8464
qojqva1178
Dendi983
Fuzer 139
420jenkins98
Counter-Strike
markeloff145
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1990
crisheroes1298
XaKoH 189
Other Games
gofns36038
singsing2147
olofmeister1175
B2W.Neo901
Mlord247
Hui .172
Liquid`VortiX128
Mew2King109
ArmadaUGS104
ToD91
QueenE91
Chillindude19
Railgan13
ZerO(Twitch)10
fpsfer 1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream106
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1707
League of Legends
• Jankos2229
• Nemesis1829
• TFBlade878
Other Games
• WagamamaTV182
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 7m
Stellar Fest
23h 7m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.