• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:46
CEST 02:46
KST 09:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8191 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 20 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 10:59 GMT
#1757
On March 12 2018 19:58 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 19:49 Holyflare wrote:
Alternatively we do df/ff on a vt player like moosy, vivax on rsoul, nk on df.

We narrow down the vt pool that way and if a medic wants to shenanigan they confirm themselves mafia.

This enables us to narrow down vt pool and simultaneously control the mafia nk while trying to preserve our medics.


I'd have to think about it but honestly I'd rather discuss who we're lynching. I don't want to lynch slam.


Well I'm VT so if you have any qualms just get it out of the way. No way I'd actively try and find the best nk strategy to gimp my team instead of pushing a mislynch right now.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:01 GMT
#1758
If we lynch moosy or slam today and then do the plan on the other at night then it's basically free mafia. If we hit on the one today then we get a pool of confirmed vt. If we miss we get almost guaranteed mafia at night.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:02 GMT
#1759
On March 12 2018 20:01 Holyflare wrote:
If we lynch moosy or slam today and then do the plan on the other at night then it's basically free mafia. If we hit on the one today then we get a pool of confirmed vt. If we miss we get almost guaranteed mafia at night.


The beautiful thing is if we hit the vt today and we do the medics on vt and confirmed town then we force a medic to kill their team mate OR reveal themselves and their team mate.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:37 GMT
#1768
On March 12 2018 20:14 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 20:11 darthfoley wrote:
to be clear, I think Vivax is scum not just because of last night. Rather, because his defense today has seemed all over the place trying to throw theories at the wall to see what sticks. Plus my case against him regarding his interactions/read progression on prplhz D1 that only Koshi seemed to read and Vivax never even tried to defend himself against.

lol, I read it. I even just mentioned it! (free plug for you, I want a cut of your take!)
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 20:11 darthfoley wrote:
I also agree with n00bking that today wasn't gonna be an auto lynch. I mean yesterday wasn't an auto lynch but you still had people like Vivax and Moosy who kept talking about how they have no interest in the game considering it's a mechanics based solution.

And wouldn't you agree that HF was defending their perspective on that?


I have no idea what you're talking about. I didn't even remember him writing that because if I did I would have told you to nk him.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:38 GMT
#1769
On March 12 2018 20:12 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 20:10 rsoultin wrote:
There's just this constant 'I don't understand the setup' stuff coming from Moosy that I don't care for. I saw it in his scum games when I was going through them yesterday to check Noob's meta claims. Though tbf that's one of the things on my list to double-check with him tomorrow when I have more time, because I haven't confirmed that that's alignment indicative.


Yea, his "is there any world in which Vivax/NK are scum together? I haven't bothered to read the OP!" was a terrible attempt at a dumb tell.

like really bad


Lynch moosy plz
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:39 GMT
#1770
Regardless of my alignment I still stand by that this is a shit mechanics game. It's fucking boring to talk optimal setup and strategy over mafia reads and stuff.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:56 GMT
#1771
##unvote
##vote moosy
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:57 GMT
#1772
I am happy to be the vt sacrifice at night if you so wish.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:57 GMT
#1773
Follow my nk plan though.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 11:58 GMT
#1774
On March 12 2018 19:49 Holyflare wrote:
Alternatively we do df/ff on a vt player like moosy, vivax on rsoul, nk on df.

We narrow down the vt pool that way and if a medic wants to shenanigan they confirm themselves mafia.

This enables us to narrow down vt pool and simultaneously control the mafia nk while trying to preserve our medics.


Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 12:10 GMT
#1775
On March 12 2018 20:58 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 12 2018 19:49 Holyflare wrote:
Alternatively we do df/ff on a vt player like moosy, vivax on rsoul, nk on df.

We narrow down the vt pool that way and if a medic wants to shenanigan they confirm themselves mafia.

This enables us to narrow down vt pool and simultaneously control the mafia nk while trying to preserve our medics.




This plan involves us lynching moosy today and him being town.

I will flip vt if you sacrifice me so it's up to you whether you wanna get mafia slam early or "confirm" me mafia the next day. No difference other than you guys being shit.

If any of the medics break rank then it is absolutely obvious which one did it since if ff is mafia I won't die. If vivax is mafia and he switches he's obvious. Same with NK.

Thus we therefore control the mafia medic night kill in our favour.

If they all choose to stick with their claims and follow this plan then the following day you have df/rsoul as basically town. 4 medic claims and a confirmed mafia. Do not lynch the confirmed mafia. This is when you lynch into medic claims.

You lynch vivax for not making sense if he hasn't already conceded and if he's medic then you have two medics and two towns and a confirmed mafia and a mafia medic claim.

The next night you put two of the medics on the confirmed mafia and one of the medics on df. This way you preserve df and the medic sanctity and mafia is forced to stack on the confirmed mafia.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 12:11 GMT
#1776
Badly worded but try and see if that works.

Much rather make it impossible for mafia to win (I think it already is impossible for them).
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 13:35 GMT
#1777
Actually that plan doesn't work if you lynch me incorrectly since I think mafia can just switch and get 2 nks
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 13:36 GMT
#1778
I will fight forever to not get lynched then. It is my duty as VT. You can ignore it all you want but I'll be here.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 13:37 GMT
#1779
Please let me know if you think I'm mafia and why so I can quash it.

If noobking just says that I'm pushing mafia agenda and that's why tell him that's my town meta.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 15:57 GMT
#1789
On March 13 2018 00:30 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2018 00:28 Vivax wrote:
Slam why do you think Noob is mafia over FF? I'm not able to pick one at this point.

Because noob is textbook scum

I don’t know how anyone else is missing it.


I believe it. He isn't interested in doing plans until I say them and then he just argues about how it's not THE BEST plan but still a plan. Pointless arguments for the sake of it is definitely mafia.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 15:57 GMT
#1790
On March 13 2018 00:29 Alakaslam wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

PREPARE TO BE AMAZED: MAFIA ALREADY WIN.

I AM NOSTRADAMUS. MAFIA

ARE

NOOBKING
HOLYFLARE.

<end tinfoil>


Should I ignore end tinfoil is in qt specific formatting? :p
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 12 2018 23:14 GMT
#1796
Anyone gonna say anything?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 13 2018 07:47 GMT
#1823
I'm not going to play anymore. Bye.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 13 2018 07:47 GMT
#1824
Given you a good plan to follow tonight so if you want to lynch me then so be it.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 464
Bale 32
League of Legends
Doublelift4435
Other Games
summit1g7874
JimRising 525
ViBE245
Livibee204
KnowMe164
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick679
BasetradeTV198
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1279
• Shiphtur544
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 14m
Patches Events
14h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 14m
OSC
22h 14m
OSC
1d 11h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.