• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:21
CEST 08:21
KST 15:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8677 users

Battle of the Drams Mafia - Page 268

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 266 267 268 269 Next
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 07 2015 17:45 GMT
#5341
On October 08 2015 02:38 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 01:22 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:36 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I would appeal to emotion but for some reason, people don't believe it.

Then it makes you better (in that regards) than the people who are believed.
It really does.

Eh, usually when people go for that they were pushed too far. The line between playing to win as hard as possible and signing up just to have fun is one that's different for everyone. At some point, people break and they'll do so in a different way depending on their alignment. I don't think you can put the blame merely at those who crack. You may play to win, but the goal (in terms of why people sign up) is to have fun.


[image loading]


I totally get this and btw I am not condoning pushing people too far, but I actually play to win. Most people, when mafia, do not. For me this means stuff like being willing to lie about IRL stuff, emotions, about moving house, about depression, about feeling alone in the world and giving up on mafia, or even about eating dinner. Most people have lines they're not willing to cross as mafia even though they're willing to cross those lines as town which is understandable but also unfortunate.


You can play to win and also play to have fun.

I'm getting upset with this because although I do stuff that may seem stupid, they often bring good information to the thread. And when I was really in danger of being lynched I've managed to show I wasn't Mafia.

For example, rsoultin caught Rels when I claimed being roleblocker at night. Sicklucker looked most likely scum when he got off of Shining's wafon to join mine. If shining flipped red he was certainly dead in the next day.

I am carried in a lot of games, especially when I'm Mafia. ButI manage to have a good win/loss ratio. Usually it's because good players caught good information that I have developed. And that's what people fail to see in those "plays" I do.

Maybe NOT doing those plays is better? Maybe. But it is intentionally trolling just to throw the game? No, I'm still playing to win.
I'm adorable.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
October 07 2015 17:46 GMT
#5342
On October 08 2015 02:39 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:33 rsoultin wrote:
thank you though gb <3

you solved the game for me, no joke lol >< i was kinda missing your fire from this game and it was a big reason why i kept swinging back and forth on your alignment. you brought the gb fire lol ><


<3

Well, I am traveling and wasn't following the thread very closely after all. But I've made so many plays that couldn't have Mafia motivation behind it that I couldn't believe I was a wagon in LYLO


eh i was just seeing what happened tbh lol rather mean of me

like i didn't think we were going to end up lynching scum if i couldn't convince rayn to lynch either rels or sl, so i was just yolo voting with him since we weren't going to win if we split votes anyway

you were so obviously town though with the votes on you that even if i'd willfully tried to scumread you i couldn't xP so woot!

you're my spirit man lol ^^ i mean it. we see the same things more than you know; i just don't always give weight to them for various reasons
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 07 2015 17:50 GMT
#5343
On October 08 2015 02:46 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:39 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:33 rsoultin wrote:
thank you though gb <3

you solved the game for me, no joke lol >< i was kinda missing your fire from this game and it was a big reason why i kept swinging back and forth on your alignment. you brought the gb fire lol ><


<3

Well, I am traveling and wasn't following the thread very closely after all. But I've made so many plays that couldn't have Mafia motivation behind it that I couldn't believe I was a wagon in LYLO


eh i was just seeing what happened tbh lol rather mean of me

like i didn't think we were going to end up lynching scum if i couldn't convince rayn to lynch either rels or sl, so i was just yolo voting with him since we weren't going to win if we split votes anyway

you were so obviously town though with the votes on you that even if i'd willfully tried to scumread you i couldn't xP so woot!

you're my spirit man lol ^^ i mean it. we see the same things more than you know; i just don't always give weight to them for various reasons


Marry me

I thought you could have been voting me just to pressure me lol and it worked. I mean, when I was screaming out of my lungs and nobody was here I thought maybe people are reading it and laughing at me hahaha

We have the eyes of chupazi
I'm adorable.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 07 2015 17:52 GMT
#5344
On October 08 2015 02:45 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:22 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:36 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I would appeal to emotion but for some reason, people don't believe it.

Then it makes you better (in that regards) than the people who are believed.
It really does.

Eh, usually when people go for that they were pushed too far. The line between playing to win as hard as possible and signing up just to have fun is one that's different for everyone. At some point, people break and they'll do so in a different way depending on their alignment. I don't think you can put the blame merely at those who crack. You may play to win, but the goal (in terms of why people sign up) is to have fun.


[image loading]


I totally get this and btw I am not condoning pushing people too far, but I actually play to win. Most people, when mafia, do not. For me this means stuff like being willing to lie about IRL stuff, emotions, about moving house, about depression, about feeling alone in the world and giving up on mafia, or even about eating dinner. Most people have lines they're not willing to cross as mafia even though they're willing to cross those lines as town which is understandable but also unfortunate.


You can play to win and also play to have fun.

I'm getting upset with this because although I do stuff that may seem stupid, they often bring good information to the thread. And when I was really in danger of being lynched I've managed to show I wasn't Mafia.

For example, rsoultin caught Rels when I claimed being roleblocker at night. Sicklucker looked most likely scum when he got off of Shining's wafon to join mine. If shining flipped red he was certainly dead in the next day.

I am carried in a lot of games, especially when I'm Mafia. ButI manage to have a good win/loss ratio. Usually it's because good players caught good information that I have developed. And that's what people fail to see in those "plays" I do.

Maybe NOT doing those plays is better? Maybe. But it is intentionally trolling just to throw the game? No, I'm still playing to win.

Yes, sometimes doing something stupid by chance will lead to a good result. That doesn't mean it is good to do stupid things.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
October 07 2015 17:52 GMT
#5345
On October 08 2015 02:50 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:46 rsoultin wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:39 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:33 rsoultin wrote:
thank you though gb <3

you solved the game for me, no joke lol >< i was kinda missing your fire from this game and it was a big reason why i kept swinging back and forth on your alignment. you brought the gb fire lol ><


<3

Well, I am traveling and wasn't following the thread very closely after all. But I've made so many plays that couldn't have Mafia motivation behind it that I couldn't believe I was a wagon in LYLO


eh i was just seeing what happened tbh lol rather mean of me

like i didn't think we were going to end up lynching scum if i couldn't convince rayn to lynch either rels or sl, so i was just yolo voting with him since we weren't going to win if we split votes anyway

you were so obviously town though with the votes on you that even if i'd willfully tried to scumread you i couldn't xP so woot!

you're my spirit man lol ^^ i mean it. we see the same things more than you know; i just don't always give weight to them for various reasons


Marry me

I thought you could have been voting me just to pressure me lol and it worked. I mean, when I was screaming out of my lungs and nobody was here I thought maybe people are reading it and laughing at me hahaha

We have the eyes of chupazi


oh lord lol >< no i'm not that mean. i was in class. i came in and switched my vote the moment i caught up to the thread and called for rayn to come switch

no inhumane bear torture i promise <3
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 07 2015 17:54 GMT
#5346
On October 08 2015 02:52 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:45 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:22 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:36 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I would appeal to emotion but for some reason, people don't believe it.

Then it makes you better (in that regards) than the people who are believed.
It really does.

Eh, usually when people go for that they were pushed too far. The line between playing to win as hard as possible and signing up just to have fun is one that's different for everyone. At some point, people break and they'll do so in a different way depending on their alignment. I don't think you can put the blame merely at those who crack. You may play to win, but the goal (in terms of why people sign up) is to have fun.


[image loading]


I totally get this and btw I am not condoning pushing people too far, but I actually play to win. Most people, when mafia, do not. For me this means stuff like being willing to lie about IRL stuff, emotions, about moving house, about depression, about feeling alone in the world and giving up on mafia, or even about eating dinner. Most people have lines they're not willing to cross as mafia even though they're willing to cross those lines as town which is understandable but also unfortunate.


You can play to win and also play to have fun.

I'm getting upset with this because although I do stuff that may seem stupid, they often bring good information to the thread. And when I was really in danger of being lynched I've managed to show I wasn't Mafia.

For example, rsoultin caught Rels when I claimed being roleblocker at night. Sicklucker looked most likely scum when he got off of Shining's wafon to join mine. If shining flipped red he was certainly dead in the next day.

I am carried in a lot of games, especially when I'm Mafia. ButI manage to have a good win/loss ratio. Usually it's because good players caught good information that I have developed. And that's what people fail to see in those "plays" I do.

Maybe NOT doing those plays is better? Maybe. But it is intentionally trolling just to throw the game? No, I'm still playing to win.

Yes, sometimes doing something stupid by chance will lead to a good result. That doesn't mean it is good to do stupid things.


Ok, but what I'm trying to convey is doing stupid stuff doesn't mean a player isn't trying to win

Anyone could play the game with simple logic. It just isn't fun. Going for the gr8 plays is way funnier. That's all.
I'm adorable.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 07 2015 17:58 GMT
#5347
On October 08 2015 02:54 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:52 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:45 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:22 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:36 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I would appeal to emotion but for some reason, people don't believe it.

Then it makes you better (in that regards) than the people who are believed.
It really does.

Eh, usually when people go for that they were pushed too far. The line between playing to win as hard as possible and signing up just to have fun is one that's different for everyone. At some point, people break and they'll do so in a different way depending on their alignment. I don't think you can put the blame merely at those who crack. You may play to win, but the goal (in terms of why people sign up) is to have fun.


[image loading]


I totally get this and btw I am not condoning pushing people too far, but I actually play to win. Most people, when mafia, do not. For me this means stuff like being willing to lie about IRL stuff, emotions, about moving house, about depression, about feeling alone in the world and giving up on mafia, or even about eating dinner. Most people have lines they're not willing to cross as mafia even though they're willing to cross those lines as town which is understandable but also unfortunate.


You can play to win and also play to have fun.

I'm getting upset with this because although I do stuff that may seem stupid, they often bring good information to the thread. And when I was really in danger of being lynched I've managed to show I wasn't Mafia.

For example, rsoultin caught Rels when I claimed being roleblocker at night. Sicklucker looked most likely scum when he got off of Shining's wafon to join mine. If shining flipped red he was certainly dead in the next day.

I am carried in a lot of games, especially when I'm Mafia. ButI manage to have a good win/loss ratio. Usually it's because good players caught good information that I have developed. And that's what people fail to see in those "plays" I do.

Maybe NOT doing those plays is better? Maybe. But it is intentionally trolling just to throw the game? No, I'm still playing to win.

Yes, sometimes doing something stupid by chance will lead to a good result. That doesn't mean it is good to do stupid things.


Ok, but what I'm trying to convey is doing stupid stuff doesn't mean a player isn't trying to win

Anyone could play the game with simple logic. It just isn't fun. Going for the gr8 plays is way funnier. That's all.

Cool. But not going for the great plays will actually win town more games and is the strictly better play. So yes, in a sense you aren't trying to win. At least if you know at that point that what you are doing is stupid.
It's not only about you. Maybe you think being retarded is funny but the other people on your team may think differently and THEY might have a lot less fun if they lose because of you.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 07 2015 18:03 GMT
#5348
Marry me everyone!
It will leadf to good resylts!
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 07 2015 18:04 GMT
#5349
Just marry me!!
table for two on a tv tray
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 07 2015 18:05 GMT
#5350
On October 08 2015 02:45 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:22 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:36 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I would appeal to emotion but for some reason, people don't believe it.

Then it makes you better (in that regards) than the people who are believed.
It really does.

Eh, usually when people go for that they were pushed too far. The line between playing to win as hard as possible and signing up just to have fun is one that's different for everyone. At some point, people break and they'll do so in a different way depending on their alignment. I don't think you can put the blame merely at those who crack. You may play to win, but the goal (in terms of why people sign up) is to have fun.


[image loading]


I totally get this and btw I am not condoning pushing people too far, but I actually play to win. Most people, when mafia, do not. For me this means stuff like being willing to lie about IRL stuff, emotions, about moving house, about depression, about feeling alone in the world and giving up on mafia, or even about eating dinner. Most people have lines they're not willing to cross as mafia even though they're willing to cross those lines as town which is understandable but also unfortunate.


You can play to win and also play to have fun.

I'm getting upset with this because although I do stuff that may seem stupid, they often bring good information to the thread. And when I was really in danger of being lynched I've managed to show I wasn't Mafia.

For example, rsoultin caught Rels when I claimed being roleblocker at night. Sicklucker looked most likely scum when he got off of Shining's wafon to join mine. If shining flipped red he was certainly dead in the next day.

I am carried in a lot of games, especially when I'm Mafia. ButI manage to have a good win/loss ratio. Usually it's because good players caught good information that I have developed. And that's what people fail to see in those "plays" I do.

Maybe NOT doing those plays is better? Maybe. But it is intentionally trolling just to throw the game? No, I'm still playing to win.


context: I have not read a single word of this game so this was definitely not a critique of your gameplay, i didn't even know you were in this game.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 07 2015 18:08 GMT
#5351
On October 08 2015 02:58 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:54 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:52 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:45 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:22 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:36 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I would appeal to emotion but for some reason, people don't believe it.

Then it makes you better (in that regards) than the people who are believed.
It really does.

Eh, usually when people go for that they were pushed too far. The line between playing to win as hard as possible and signing up just to have fun is one that's different for everyone. At some point, people break and they'll do so in a different way depending on their alignment. I don't think you can put the blame merely at those who crack. You may play to win, but the goal (in terms of why people sign up) is to have fun.


[image loading]


I totally get this and btw I am not condoning pushing people too far, but I actually play to win. Most people, when mafia, do not. For me this means stuff like being willing to lie about IRL stuff, emotions, about moving house, about depression, about feeling alone in the world and giving up on mafia, or even about eating dinner. Most people have lines they're not willing to cross as mafia even though they're willing to cross those lines as town which is understandable but also unfortunate.


You can play to win and also play to have fun.

I'm getting upset with this because although I do stuff that may seem stupid, they often bring good information to the thread. And when I was really in danger of being lynched I've managed to show I wasn't Mafia.

For example, rsoultin caught Rels when I claimed being roleblocker at night. Sicklucker looked most likely scum when he got off of Shining's wafon to join mine. If shining flipped red he was certainly dead in the next day.

I am carried in a lot of games, especially when I'm Mafia. ButI manage to have a good win/loss ratio. Usually it's because good players caught good information that I have developed. And that's what people fail to see in those "plays" I do.

Maybe NOT doing those plays is better? Maybe. But it is intentionally trolling just to throw the game? No, I'm still playing to win.

Yes, sometimes doing something stupid by chance will lead to a good result. That doesn't mean it is good to do stupid things.


Ok, but what I'm trying to convey is doing stupid stuff doesn't mean a player isn't trying to win

Anyone could play the game with simple logic. It just isn't fun. Going for the gr8 plays is way funnier. That's all.

Cool. But not going for the great plays will actually win town more games and is the strictly better play. So yes, in a sense you aren't trying to win. At least if you know at that point that what you are doing is stupid.
It's not only about you. Maybe you think being retarded is funny but the other people on your team may think differently and THEY might have a lot less fun if they lose because of you.


Well, that's their problem, not mine.

And it's very very easy to read me when I do those kind of things. Rayn lynched me when I was scum. Rsoultin can easily townread me. Truffle easily townread me. It's all about looking if I had Mafia motivation behind it and the fact is that I had none.

And no, if I choose to take a less effective path to win the game doesn't mean I'm not trying to win. That is a stretch of the concept. As I've said, some stupid moves CAN make me be scumread but it also can bring very good information in thread, in a game where information is everything.

Anyway, no use discussing this since I'm not willing to change my opinion not will you change yours. It's just a shame people take things so seriously that it influences their emotion. Life is already too serious to take this forum in such depressive way
I'm adorable.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
October 07 2015 18:18 GMT
#5352
No GB. its very hard toi not lynch yiu when you do those things.
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
October 07 2015 18:22 GMT
#5353
On October 08 2015 03:08 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 08 2015 02:58 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:54 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:52 justanothertownie wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:45 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 08 2015 02:38 Blazinghand wrote:
On October 08 2015 01:22 GlowingBear wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:39 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On October 07 2015 21:36 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I would appeal to emotion but for some reason, people don't believe it.

Then it makes you better (in that regards) than the people who are believed.
It really does.

Eh, usually when people go for that they were pushed too far. The line between playing to win as hard as possible and signing up just to have fun is one that's different for everyone. At some point, people break and they'll do so in a different way depending on their alignment. I don't think you can put the blame merely at those who crack. You may play to win, but the goal (in terms of why people sign up) is to have fun.


[image loading]


I totally get this and btw I am not condoning pushing people too far, but I actually play to win. Most people, when mafia, do not. For me this means stuff like being willing to lie about IRL stuff, emotions, about moving house, about depression, about feeling alone in the world and giving up on mafia, or even about eating dinner. Most people have lines they're not willing to cross as mafia even though they're willing to cross those lines as town which is understandable but also unfortunate.


You can play to win and also play to have fun.

I'm getting upset with this because although I do stuff that may seem stupid, they often bring good information to the thread. And when I was really in danger of being lynched I've managed to show I wasn't Mafia.

For example, rsoultin caught Rels when I claimed being roleblocker at night. Sicklucker looked most likely scum when he got off of Shining's wafon to join mine. If shining flipped red he was certainly dead in the next day.

I am carried in a lot of games, especially when I'm Mafia. ButI manage to have a good win/loss ratio. Usually it's because good players caught good information that I have developed. And that's what people fail to see in those "plays" I do.

Maybe NOT doing those plays is better? Maybe. But it is intentionally trolling just to throw the game? No, I'm still playing to win.

Yes, sometimes doing something stupid by chance will lead to a good result. That doesn't mean it is good to do stupid things.


Ok, but what I'm trying to convey is doing stupid stuff doesn't mean a player isn't trying to win

Anyone could play the game with simple logic. It just isn't fun. Going for the gr8 plays is way funnier. That's all.

Cool. But not going for the great plays will actually win town more games and is the strictly better play. So yes, in a sense you aren't trying to win. At least if you know at that point that what you are doing is stupid.
It's not only about you. Maybe you think being retarded is funny but the other people on your team may think differently and THEY might have a lot less fun if they lose because of you.


Well, that's their problem, not mine.

And it's very very easy to read me when I do those kind of things. Rayn lynched me when I was scum. Rsoultin can easily townread me. Truffle easily townread me. It's all about looking if I had Mafia motivation behind it and the fact is that I had none.

And no, if I choose to take a less effective path to win the game doesn't mean I'm not trying to win. That is a stretch of the concept. As I've said, some stupid moves CAN make me be scumread but it also can bring very good information in thread, in a game where information is everything.

Anyway, no use discussing this since I'm not willing to change my opinion not will you change yours. It's just a shame people take things so seriously that it influences their emotion. Life is already too serious to take this forum in such depressive way

It isn't that easy. Best example: your attempt at a "great play" when you got yourself lynched instead of your redcheck.
But you are right - berating you is kinda pointless.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
October 07 2015 18:24 GMT
#5354
hey guys, let's try to be reasonably nice to each other, yeah? we're all TL mafia people here
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 07 2015 18:25 GMT
#5355
Just to say that I understand what you guys are saying 100%. I just don't feel like playing differently.

But I will try to do in the next game as I already said. I will give it a shot
I'm adorable.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 07 2015 18:25 GMT
#5356
I was halfway tempted d2 to claim a red check on GB to see what happened. Great big plays am I right?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 07 2015 18:26 GMT
#5357
That's a joke also btw,
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 07 2015 18:26 GMT
#5358
On October 08 2015 03:24 Blazinghand wrote:
hey guys, let's try to be reasonably nice to each other, yeah? we're all TL mafia people here


I am not trying to be an ass to anyone. Sorry if it sounded that way.
I'm adorable.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
October 07 2015 18:27 GMT
#5359
On October 08 2015 03:25 Damdred wrote:
I was halfway tempted d2 to claim a red check on GB to see what happened. Great big plays am I right?


Well it would make the game very spicy
I'm adorable.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
October 07 2015 18:47 GMT
#5360
I do wish that there were more games that used sanity btw Hts it would change blue roles slightly and cause some interesting checks.
Prev 1 266 267 268 269 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1100
910 109
Hyun 74
NotJumperer 48
Bale 34
sorry 18
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto226
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g7416
Coldzera 732
WinterStarcraft395
C9.Mang0274
PiGStarcraft209
NeuroSwarm104
ceh989
ViBE21
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick613
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 39
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2225
League of Legends
• Rush1143
• Lourlo1001
• Stunt353
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 39m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 39m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 39m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.