• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:18
CEST 22:18
KST 05:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8730 users

TL Mafia Ban List 3.0 - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 89 90 91 Next
Message Blazinghand if you request a ban please ^_^
Also when the game you're sitting out is over!
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 04 2015 11:18 GMT
#21
Coag for TL Ban List admin.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 04 2015 14:19 GMT
#22
This sorta make me meh which isn't against you BH.

However, I think I would recommend at least that you abstain from judging your own games ban as it might lead to being to impartial and maybe have a backup judge type person in that place.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 04 2015 15:24 GMT
#23
I support BH taking over the list. I have never had a serious problem with him as a host and I think he's for the most part a viable human being.

I invite the people who doubt this to consider the following:

Even if BH will sometimes make decisions you don't agree with, isn't it even more important that the decision is being made. There will be a reliable, constant presence of a banlist authority. There is basically no one I trust more to be continuously involved in the TL Mafia community than BlazingHand. He has a remarkably consistent record of being here all the time, which in my opinion is the primary asset in the job candidate for banlist moderator.

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears to a forum full of people who think arguing on the internet is so fun they make a game out of it, but can we please not criticize without suggesting a solution? If you think a system where BH controls the list has flaws, please point out how you'd fix these flaws (commendations to Damdred for doing this).
Computer says mafia
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
August 04 2015 15:30 GMT
#24
I think i'm ok with Bh doing the ban list/paper work type thing.

I just do think that someone else looking at his games to make sure everything is cool would be a decent fail safe in this situation.

The other games, I don't think any of the bans that were just given out were highly contested in any sense besides moosey it hink some thought a warning was ok *shrug* anyway i'm fine I think with it.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 04 2015 15:32 GMT
#25
We should create a massive bureaucratic appeals process to oversee BH the loose bancannon.
Computer says mafia
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
August 04 2015 15:52 GMT
#26
I mean, if GMarshal is still around even though he's very inactive we can just appeal to him if the issue is very controversial. On simple cases like mine it's just really easy to issue a statement and we can all agree on it.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18453 Posts
August 04 2015 15:56 GMT
#27
Please send your complaints about BH to me, in triplicate, by certified mail and with a notarized signature. This will ensure the proper process can be started. Thank you.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
August 04 2015 16:45 GMT
#28
I do have to agree with Palmer. There's no one I trust more to be around and do shit than BH. Like he makes stupid decisions every now and again, but the vast majority of the time he's actually quite willing to listen to reason.

Like if there's any change that should be made to BH taking over the Ban list, it's that there should be a 3-person oversight committee that by unanimous vote can overrule his decisions. I forgot, and OMGUS needs a cheerleading section somewhere here in the thread.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-04 17:08:09
August 04 2015 16:59 GMT
#29
On August 04 2015 23:19 Damdred wrote:
This sorta make me meh which isn't against you BH.

However, I think I would recommend at least that you abstain from judging your own games ban as it might lead to being to impartial and maybe have a backup judge type person in that place.


Oh yeah for anything like that I won't be handling it. As a general rule it probably makes sense for Foolishness to approve / not approve any banlist action I request.

In general, my goals in doing this will be to make it quickly clear what the ruling is and to rule in favor of what the general TL Mafia community expects for a standard of play and ban list action. If most people are saying that I'm making bad calls, or people look at the decisions I made and say that there needs to be another step in the process, I will consider myself to have failed this job. Despite by reputation, I am fully capable (link) of puting the norms of the community before my own personal opinions about ban list, and you can expect me to continue to do so.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
August 04 2015 17:17 GMT
#30
On August 05 2015 00:24 Palmar wrote:
I support BH taking over the list. I have never had a serious problem with him as a host and I think he's for the most part a viable human being.

I invite the people who doubt this to consider the following:

Even if BH will sometimes make decisions you don't agree with, isn't it even more important that the decision is being made. There will be a reliable, constant presence of a banlist authority. There is basically no one I trust more to be continuously involved in the TL Mafia community than BlazingHand. He has a remarkably consistent record of being here all the time, which in my opinion is the primary asset in the job candidate for banlist moderator.

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears to a forum full of people who think arguing on the internet is so fun they make a game out of it, but can we please not criticize without suggesting a solution? If you think a system where BH controls the list has flaws, please point out how you'd fix these flaws (commendations to Damdred for doing this).

In case that wasn't clear: My post was a joke. I don't actually have a problem with BH managing this.
Foolishness *
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3044 Posts
August 04 2015 17:39 GMT
#31
On August 05 2015 00:24 Palmar wrote:
I support BH taking over the list. I have never had a serious problem with him as a host and I think he's for the most part a viable human being.

I invite the people who doubt this to consider the following:

Even if BH will sometimes make decisions you don't agree with, isn't it even more important that the decision is being made. There will be a reliable, constant presence of a banlist authority. There is basically no one I trust more to be continuously involved in the TL Mafia community than BlazingHand. He has a remarkably consistent record of being here all the time, which in my opinion is the primary asset in the job candidate for banlist moderator.

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears to a forum full of people who think arguing on the internet is so fun they make a game out of it, but can we please not criticize without suggesting a solution? If you think a system where BH controls the list has flaws, please point out how you'd fix these flaws (commendations to Damdred for doing this).

+1
geript: "Foolishness's cases are persuasive and reasonable but leave you feeling dirty afterwards. Kinda like a whore." ---- Manager of the TL Mafia forum, come play!
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
August 04 2015 19:12 GMT
#32
I'm fine with BH managing the list for clear cut issues e.g when a listed rule has been broken

However I do not agree with the concept of a universal ban list to enforce bans made at a hosts discretion, most commonly the issue of "inappropriate posting." It is clear that some mods have different opinions on what constitutes inappropriate. what gets a person mod killed in one game will go unpunished in the next.

In this area it is not possible to enforce consistently and it will come down to the personal opinion of the host and then of BH.
For this reason the ban list can not be used to punish "inappropriate posts."

Instead each host should be free to decide if they let a player into their game.

If the previous host feels strongly that further "punishment" should be given they can explain the reasons here and let other hosts make up their mind.

In this way when the "offender" signs up for another game, the host can not allow them to play or maybe give them a PM saying "I don't allow the kind of post you made last game so be on your best behaviour."


Overall I would like to see less mod interference and less ban requests. We want to attract people to the community and harsh punishments do not do this, finally this is a game not prison and it should be treated as a such.
Zerg for Life
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
August 04 2015 19:26 GMT
#33
On August 05 2015 04:12 KelsierSC wrote:
I'm fine with BH managing the list for clear cut issues e.g when a listed rule has been broken

However I do not agree with the concept of a universal ban list to enforce bans made at a hosts discretion, most commonly the issue of "inappropriate posting." It is clear that some mods have different opinions on what constitutes inappropriate. what gets a person mod killed in one game will go unpunished in the next.

In this area it is not possible to enforce consistently and it will come down to the personal opinion of the host and then of BH.
For this reason the ban list can not be used to punish "inappropriate posts."

Instead each host should be free to decide if they let a player into their game.

If the previous host feels strongly that further "punishment" should be given they can explain the reasons here and let other hosts make up their mind.

In this way when the "offender" signs up for another game, the host can not allow them to play or maybe give them a PM saying "I don't allow the kind of post you made last game so be on your best behaviour."


Overall I would like to see less mod interference and less ban requests. We want to attract people to the community and harsh punishments do not do this, finally this is a game not prison and it should be treated as a such.


Some hosts (such as myself) do maintain their own separate ban lists for particularly egregious players. The ban list might not be 100% consistent, but it's pretty good - much better than making every host decide for themselves.

To even be brought up in the ban list for inappropriate posting, you usually have to be a real jackass in a game. If the host is overreacting, most of the time the community calms them down in the thread. Different hosts have different ideas of what is inappropriate and what isn't. Generally, stricter hosts say as much in their rules OP; read it before deciding to /in to a game. You can decide to personally not play in a particular host's games if you don't like their hosting style.

You are right that this is a game, but that means it should be fun for everyone involved. Personal attacks and/or hyper-aggressive posts aren't fun for some people.

The ban list has served us well over the years. It isn't perfect, but its pretty good. There are other places to play if you really dislike the idea of a ban list.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
August 04 2015 19:33 GMT
#34
On August 05 2015 04:26 iGrok wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2015 04:12 KelsierSC wrote:
I'm fine with BH managing the list for clear cut issues e.g when a listed rule has been broken

However I do not agree with the concept of a universal ban list to enforce bans made at a hosts discretion, most commonly the issue of "inappropriate posting." It is clear that some mods have different opinions on what constitutes inappropriate. what gets a person mod killed in one game will go unpunished in the next.

In this area it is not possible to enforce consistently and it will come down to the personal opinion of the host and then of BH.
For this reason the ban list can not be used to punish "inappropriate posts."

Instead each host should be free to decide if they let a player into their game.

If the previous host feels strongly that further "punishment" should be given they can explain the reasons here and let other hosts make up their mind.

In this way when the "offender" signs up for another game, the host can not allow them to play or maybe give them a PM saying "I don't allow the kind of post you made last game so be on your best behaviour."


Overall I would like to see less mod interference and less ban requests. We want to attract people to the community and harsh punishments do not do this, finally this is a game not prison and it should be treated as a such.


Some hosts (such as myself) do maintain their own separate ban lists for particularly egregious players. The ban list might not be 100% consistent, but it's pretty good - much better than making every host decide for themselves.

To even be brought up in the ban list for inappropriate posting, you usually have to be a real jackass in a game. If the host is overreacting, most of the time the community calms them down in the thread. Different hosts have different ideas of what is inappropriate and what isn't. Generally, stricter hosts say as much in their rules OP; read it before deciding to /in to a game. You can decide to personally not play in a particular host's games if you don't like their hosting style.

You are right that this is a game, but that means it should be fun for everyone involved. Personal attacks and/or hyper-aggressive posts aren't fun for some people.

The ban list has served us well over the years. It isn't perfect, but its pretty good. There are other places to play if you really dislike the idea of a ban list.


yeh i guess that's a fair point.


Zerg for Life
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
August 04 2015 19:38 GMT
#35
On August 05 2015 04:12 KelsierSC wrote:
Overall I would like to see less mod interference and less ban requests. We want to attract people to the community and harsh punishments do not do this, finally this is a game not prison and it should be treated as a such.

I used to play EDH (a Magic variant format) on a consistent basis. There was this one dude named Josh who was a tool. When I say he was a tool, I mean that. He'd quit games he was behind in for no reason. He'd bitch about the state of the game. He'd whine about specific cards (which often were quite fair). He'd complain when someone blew up a key part to one of the combos he played.

Eventually, people stopped playing because it wasn't fun because of Josh. Then, I decided that there wasn't any reason why we should stop playing when Josh was the problem. So we started playing and quit letting Josh play. Every once in a while, we'd let Josh play a game to see if he could improve/not be a tool. Every time that was a mistake.

The point of the ban list is to prevent Josh from coming to ruin everyone's fun. Yes, it's a game. But like many games, people sometimes get carried away and butthurt over stupid things and make a complete ass of themselves. I mean, I've never done that before; but I understand that at least some people have. The ban list helps those people who do that sort of thing remember that there are real people on the other side of the screen who are playing to have fun too. This isn't a prison, but the "timeout" bans provide can help people change.

Yes. Different hosts have different standards. Me personally, I was very surprised you didn't get a ban for your exceptionally offensive homophobic comments in BH's game. IMO, that type of shit shouldn't be tolerated period. When you sign up to play in a game, you agree to play by the hosts rules. That's part of the deal. If you don't like it, then you are always free to not play in that host's game. Historically, when a host has stepped over the line, the community as a whole has told the host to shove it and corrected the ban to a reasonable amount (if any). I personally can think of at least 3 different occasions where hosts wanted bans that weren't accepted despite host action against a player in that game.
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
August 04 2015 19:48 GMT
#36
On August 05 2015 04:38 geript wrote:
I used to play EDH (a Magic variant format) on a consistent basis. There was this one dude named Josh who was a tool. When I say he was a tool, I mean that. He'd quit games he was behind in for no reason. He'd bitch about the state of the game. He'd whine about specific cards (which often were quite fair). He'd complain when someone blew up a key part to one of the combos he played.


I was playing last week and the Grand Arbiter Augustin IV player scooped when Lazav cast Traumatize on him because "he wasn't the threat". I was playing 0-creature Talrand, and the 4th player was Oloro with only Lab Man - both of these things were known to Lazav. We tried talking him out of it, but I think I'll just not play against him in the future - or spend the next couple games only countering his spells.

We also have a rule that Sol Ring has Serra Avenger text (Can't be played on your first, second, or third turn). Nobody wanted that, until I went Turn 1 Island, Sol Ring, Grim Monolith, Turn 2 Island, Talrand, Phyrexian Metamorph on Sol Ring, Turn 3 Coat of Arms + Counterspells.

MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
August 04 2015 19:56 GMT
#37
letting American's spray their freedom over the ban list is never a good idea
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
August 04 2015 20:10 GMT
#38
On August 05 2015 04:38 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2015 04:12 KelsierSC wrote:
Overall I would like to see less mod interference and less ban requests. We want to attract people to the community and harsh punishments do not do this, finally this is a game not prison and it should be treated as a such.

I used to play EDH (a Magic variant format) on a consistent basis. There was this one dude named Josh who was a tool. When I say he was a tool, I mean that. He'd quit games he was behind in for no reason. He'd bitch about the state of the game. He'd whine about specific cards (which often were quite fair). He'd complain when someone blew up a key part to one of the combos he played.

Eventually, people stopped playing because it wasn't fun because of Josh. Then, I decided that there wasn't any reason why we should stop playing when Josh was the problem. So we started playing and quit letting Josh play. Every once in a while, we'd let Josh play a game to see if he could improve/not be a tool. Every time that was a mistake.

The point of the ban list is to prevent Josh from coming to ruin everyone's fun. Yes, it's a game. But like many games, people sometimes get carried away and butthurt over stupid things and make a complete ass of themselves. I mean, I've never done that before; but I understand that at least some people have. The ban list helps those people who do that sort of thing remember that there are real people on the other side of the screen who are playing to have fun too. This isn't a prison, but the "timeout" bans provide can help people change.

Yes. Different hosts have different standards. Me personally, I was very surprised you didn't get a ban for your exceptionally offensive homophobic comments in BH's game. IMO, that type of shit shouldn't be tolerated period. When you sign up to play in a game, you agree to play by the hosts rules. That's part of the deal. If you don't like it, then you are always free to not play in that host's game. Historically, when a host has stepped over the line, the community as a whole has told the host to shove it and corrected the ban to a reasonable amount (if any). I personally can think of at least 3 different occasions where hosts wanted bans that weren't accepted despite host action against a player in that game.


well I don't want to derail this but it was fairly clear from what I said , comments in the obs and the lack of action by BH himself that I wasn't being "exceptionally offensive homophobic" but i'm sorry you let yourself be offended.

I don't have an issue with the ban list at all but your story was fun . I just think that it is impossible to enforce consistency for the "inappropriate comment rule" and therefore having the universal ban list decide effectively comes down to letting BH decide depending on how he feels. I've been on the receiving end of comments I judged way over the line and a lenient host didn't take any action, and i've seen people punished for less by strict hosts.
I think allowing hosts to make up their own mind is the better system.


Zerg for Life
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-04 20:22:16
August 04 2015 20:19 GMT
#39
On August 05 2015 05:10 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2015 04:38 geript wrote:
On August 05 2015 04:12 KelsierSC wrote:
Overall I would like to see less mod interference and less ban requests. We want to attract people to the community and harsh punishments do not do this, finally this is a game not prison and it should be treated as a such.

I used to play EDH (a Magic variant format) on a consistent basis. There was this one dude named Josh who was a tool. When I say he was a tool, I mean that. He'd quit games he was behind in for no reason. He'd bitch about the state of the game. He'd whine about specific cards (which often were quite fair). He'd complain when someone blew up a key part to one of the combos he played.

Eventually, people stopped playing because it wasn't fun because of Josh. Then, I decided that there wasn't any reason why we should stop playing when Josh was the problem. So we started playing and quit letting Josh play. Every once in a while, we'd let Josh play a game to see if he could improve/not be a tool. Every time that was a mistake.

The point of the ban list is to prevent Josh from coming to ruin everyone's fun. Yes, it's a game. But like many games, people sometimes get carried away and butthurt over stupid things and make a complete ass of themselves. I mean, I've never done that before; but I understand that at least some people have. The ban list helps those people who do that sort of thing remember that there are real people on the other side of the screen who are playing to have fun too. This isn't a prison, but the "timeout" bans provide can help people change.

Yes. Different hosts have different standards. Me personally, I was very surprised you didn't get a ban for your exceptionally offensive homophobic comments in BH's game. IMO, that type of shit shouldn't be tolerated period. When you sign up to play in a game, you agree to play by the hosts rules. That's part of the deal. If you don't like it, then you are always free to not play in that host's game. Historically, when a host has stepped over the line, the community as a whole has told the host to shove it and corrected the ban to a reasonable amount (if any). I personally can think of at least 3 different occasions where hosts wanted bans that weren't accepted despite host action against a player in that game.


well I don't want to derail this but it was fairly clear from what I said , comments in the obs and the lack of action by BH himself that I wasn't being "exceptionally offensive homophobic" but i'm sorry you let yourself be offended.

I don't have an issue with the ban list at all but your story was fun . I just think that it is impossible to enforce consistency for the "inappropriate comment rule" and therefore having the universal ban list decide effectively comes down to letting BH decide depending on how he feels. I've been on the receiving end of comments I judged way over the line and a lenient host didn't take any action, and i've seen people punished for less by strict hosts.
I think allowing hosts to make up their own mind is the better system.


As I said earlier, I personally found your use of homophobic slur abhorrent and juvenile, and modkilled you in my game. Despite your misgivings about me, you will note I explicitly did not request ban list action against you for your actions. This is because I recognize that my personal opinion did not line up with what most people on TL Mafia expect, behavior-wise. Given that this is the case, I'm surprised you're concerned about my ability to fairly evaluate bans.

That being said, I understand your general criticism of the concept of a Ban List, but it's not going anywhere.

I will do my best to do well and alleviate your concerns through good actions and judgements!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
August 04 2015 20:26 GMT
#40
On August 05 2015 05:19 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2015 05:10 KelsierSC wrote:
On August 05 2015 04:38 geript wrote:
On August 05 2015 04:12 KelsierSC wrote:
Overall I would like to see less mod interference and less ban requests. We want to attract people to the community and harsh punishments do not do this, finally this is a game not prison and it should be treated as a such.

I used to play EDH (a Magic variant format) on a consistent basis. There was this one dude named Josh who was a tool. When I say he was a tool, I mean that. He'd quit games he was behind in for no reason. He'd bitch about the state of the game. He'd whine about specific cards (which often were quite fair). He'd complain when someone blew up a key part to one of the combos he played.

Eventually, people stopped playing because it wasn't fun because of Josh. Then, I decided that there wasn't any reason why we should stop playing when Josh was the problem. So we started playing and quit letting Josh play. Every once in a while, we'd let Josh play a game to see if he could improve/not be a tool. Every time that was a mistake.

The point of the ban list is to prevent Josh from coming to ruin everyone's fun. Yes, it's a game. But like many games, people sometimes get carried away and butthurt over stupid things and make a complete ass of themselves. I mean, I've never done that before; but I understand that at least some people have. The ban list helps those people who do that sort of thing remember that there are real people on the other side of the screen who are playing to have fun too. This isn't a prison, but the "timeout" bans provide can help people change.

Yes. Different hosts have different standards. Me personally, I was very surprised you didn't get a ban for your exceptionally offensive homophobic comments in BH's game. IMO, that type of shit shouldn't be tolerated period. When you sign up to play in a game, you agree to play by the hosts rules. That's part of the deal. If you don't like it, then you are always free to not play in that host's game. Historically, when a host has stepped over the line, the community as a whole has told the host to shove it and corrected the ban to a reasonable amount (if any). I personally can think of at least 3 different occasions where hosts wanted bans that weren't accepted despite host action against a player in that game.


well I don't want to derail this but it was fairly clear from what I said , comments in the obs and the lack of action by BH himself that I wasn't being "exceptionally offensive homophobic" but i'm sorry you let yourself be offended.

I don't have an issue with the ban list at all but your story was fun . I just think that it is impossible to enforce consistency for the "inappropriate comment rule" and therefore having the universal ban list decide effectively comes down to letting BH decide depending on how he feels. I've been on the receiving end of comments I judged way over the line and a lenient host didn't take any action, and i've seen people punished for less by strict hosts.
I think allowing hosts to make up their own mind is the better system.


As I said earlier, I personally found your use of homophobic slur abhorrent and juvenile, and modkilled you in my game. Despite your misgivings about me, you will note I explicitly did not request ban list action against you for your actions. This is because I recognize that my personal opinion did not line up with what most people on TL Mafia expect, behavior-wise. Given that this is the case, I'm surprised you're concerned about my ability to fairly evaluate bans.

That being said, I understand your general criticism of the concept of a Ban List, but it's not going anywhere.


I'm just giving my thoughts on the Ban list overall.

I don't have anything against you specifically more so that all moderators , in general ,are too interfering and too quick to modkill/pursue bans.
Zerg for Life
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 89 90 91 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 466
ProTech142
BRAT_OK 94
Railgan 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1534
Dewaltoss 109
Trap 27
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins522
Counter-Strike
fl0m4033
Fnx 628
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4458
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
summit1g4791
Liquid`RaSZi2062
FrodaN870
B2W.Neo547
XaKoH 239
ToD186
C9.Mang0185
RotterdaM92
UpATreeSC73
QueenE64
Mew2King33
PPMD23
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2873
Other Games
• Shiphtur1166
• imaqtpie811
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 42m
Patches Events
19h 42m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.