• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:18
CEST 22:18
KST 05:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8730 users

TL Mafia Ban List 3.0 - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 89 90 91 Next
Message Blazinghand if you request a ban please ^_^
Also when the game you're sitting out is over!
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
August 04 2015 20:35 GMT
#41
On August 05 2015 05:10 KelsierSC wrote:
well I don't want to derail this but it was fairly clear from what I said , comments in the obs and the lack of action by BH himself that I wasn't being "exceptionally offensive homophobic" but i'm sorry you let yourself be offended.

This is the kind of thing that really irritates me personally.
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 04 2015 20:50 GMT
#42
OH SON YOU KNOW I BOOKMARKED THIS POST!!
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
August 04 2015 20:51 GMT
#43
On August 05 2015 00:24 Palmar wrote:
I know this is going to fall on deaf ears to a forum full of people who think arguing on the internet is so fun they make a game out of it, but can we please not criticize without suggesting a solution? If you think a system where BH controls the list has flaws, please point out how you'd fix these flaws (commendations to Damdred for doing this).


I assume this was, at least partially, directed at me.

In an ideal world, I would personally prefer something like a ~3 person, community voted, "judgement" council.

In 99% of the cases, it's useless, of course. No one is contesting warnings or even the vast majority of the small bans. But in the rare cases of extremely polarizing ban requests or players, I would rather the decision come down to some kind of group of respected people than any one person's whim. I trusted GM because he was always (at least since I've been here) mostly separated from the games and players and made impartial decisions on w hat was best for TL Mafia in general.

It's not that I have anything against BH. He's been here forever, he's always around, and he obviously has the motivation to do it. I just feel like there might be a better system, and this was kinda just thrown at us without any discussion.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-04 21:15:15
August 04 2015 20:51 GMT
#44
edit: i obviously misremembered a person.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-04 21:16:36
August 04 2015 20:55 GMT
#45
np
Zerg for Life
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
August 04 2015 22:06 GMT
#46
I think we should elect me. I promise to be always busy, never around, and decide things based on incredibly weird and uncomprehensible mechanics.

Or blazinghand is fine.
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 04 2015 22:21 GMT
#47
I still think we should promote Coag instead.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-05 00:18:37
August 05 2015 00:18 GMT
#48
My first action as ban list admin will be to shut down the ban list.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 05 2015 00:33 GMT
#49
I still vote for the overly complicated and extremely bureaucratic multiple level appeals process.
Computer says mafia
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
August 05 2015 00:59 GMT
#50
I still think we should appeal to GMarshal if absolutely necessary over extremely controversial stuff.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-05 01:09:57
August 05 2015 01:05 GMT
#51
On August 05 2015 09:59 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I still think we should appeal to GMarshal if absolutely necessary over extremely controversial stuff.


This would work if Gmarsh had the time for it. If you're fine with a latency of between 8 and 12 weeks during which the people involved have no idea what's happening because GMarsh is MIA than go right ahead. But... in these hypothetical cases where TL Mafia is somehow split on whether something is right or wrong and there's literally no way to compromise, you really don't want to wait 8-12 weeks for a response from GM. There is a reason he's not doing this any more, and I am. In any case it will be easy to find compromise. I'm not worried.

I would be very surprised if there is any sort of problem where people disagree with a decision I make, because I'll just make decisions people agree with. 99% of doing this is just saying "ban is approved" for non-descript bans and updating the thread. If it happens that there's something super controversial, we'll deal with it then. I'm not worried. I will alleviate all concerns.

Look, I'm not a magical unicorn or something, but I really think this is going to be a non problem. I handled the past 2 months worth of bans and sitouts already and nobody is complaining about the rulings I made (which were all super bland anyways) so I think we're discussing a non problem. I understand your concerns, but we can deal with it when it comes up. I'm glad to continue this discussion, of course, but it's worth noting people aren't actually complaining about any decision I've made, just hypothetical decisions that I haven't (and won't) make.

In any case, just thought I'd convey my reassurances. I do not anticipate any problems.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
iGrok
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States5142 Posts
August 05 2015 01:27 GMT
#52
On August 05 2015 09:59 MoosyDoosy wrote:
I still think we should appeal to GMarshal if absolutely necessary over extremely controversial stuff.

Seeing as GM is too busy, Foolishness might be a better appeal to authority.

Because we really need to give him more work to do <3
MOTM | Stim.tv | TL Mafia | Fantasy Fighting! | SNSD
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
August 05 2015 12:57 GMT
#53
The existing pseudo-government which was not elected by the people and which is not accountable to the people must be replaced by a government recognised by the people, elected by representatives of the workers, soldiers and peasants and held accountable to their representatives.

- stalin
Computer says mafia
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
August 05 2015 13:15 GMT
#54
On August 05 2015 09:18 Coagulation wrote:
My first action as ban list admin will be to shut down the ban list.

I'm disappointed, I figured you'd be more creative than that.
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-05 18:30:28
August 05 2015 18:29 GMT
#55
my second action as ban list admin is to make every host who has ever requested a ban here sit out 1 game per request they made. so basically BH will never play mafia again.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
August 05 2015 18:32 GMT
#56
meh thinking about it I haven't ever seen an outrageously unfair ban.

BH will do fine, change approved.
Zerg for Life
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
August 06 2015 01:18 GMT
#57
i'm just hoping for some juicy banlist drama
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 00:03:15
August 07 2015 00:02 GMT
#58
On August 06 2015 10:18 prplhz wrote:
i'm just hoping for some juicy banlist drama

look up

If I am on the council everyone will get assessments like "meh, it doesn't matter! let him cheat! Who cares? It was funny!"

Which is why I won't be
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
August 07 2015 01:09 GMT
#59
On August 07 2015 09:02 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2015 10:18 prplhz wrote:
i'm just hoping for some juicy banlist drama

look up

If I am on the council everyone will get assessments like "meh, it doesn't matter! let him cheat! Who cares? It was funny! HIJOLE!"

Which is why I won't be


fixed that for you, slam.

I am disappoint.
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-08-07 15:49:56
August 07 2015 15:49 GMT
#60
On August 07 2015 10:09 ShiaoPi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2015 09:02 Alakaslam wrote:
On August 06 2015 10:18 prplhz wrote:
i'm just hoping for some juicy banlist drama

look up

If I am on the council everyone will get assessments like "meh, it doesn't matter! let him cheat! Who cares? It was funny! HIJOLE!"

Which is why I won't be


fixed that for you, slam.

I am disappoint.

be disappoint all you want, I am now battlecruiser and that matters to me

I just shoot that yellow lazer @ you and it do surprising little damage but I LAST FOREVER :D

(crap. Where are you.)
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 89 90 91 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 466
ProTech142
BRAT_OK 94
Railgan 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1534
Dewaltoss 109
Trap 27
Bale 14
Dota 2
420jenkins522
Counter-Strike
fl0m4033
Fnx 628
kRYSTAL_30
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4458
Liquid`Hasu610
Other Games
summit1g4791
Liquid`RaSZi2062
FrodaN870
B2W.Neo547
XaKoH 239
ToD186
C9.Mang0185
RotterdaM92
UpATreeSC73
QueenE64
Mew2King33
PPMD23
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV188
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 39
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2873
Other Games
• Shiphtur1166
• imaqtpie811
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 42m
Patches Events
19h 42m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.