• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:14
CEST 20:14
KST 03:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8822 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 27

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 115 Next
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
February 25 2015 02:37 GMT
#521
On February 25 2015 11:33 Probulous wrote:
"Snarfs has nothing to lose by "concluding" that I'm town if he is mafia, so my vote remains unchanged"
If he concluded you were mafia would that change things?

I agree we need to see more from him.

Hi!

I think the main premiss in your case against Damdred is flawed. Town isn't the team that needs to make up cases in order to win the game.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 02:40 GMT
#522
On February 25 2015 11:36 Damdred wrote:
Your post made me chuckle.
Nothing you wrote makes me scum at all, it only means you dislike hoe i do things or the way I'm trying to drive a conversations. Most of my cases and convincing usually occurs after filter diving and deciding who I want to lynch. You make it seem like I need to have everything figures out when we almost have a full day for things to develop.

No, just that if you are going to cast suspicion about, you should have some good reasons for it.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 02:41 GMT
#523
On February 25 2015 11:40 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 11:36 Damdred wrote:
Your post made me chuckle.
Nothing you wrote makes me scum at all, it only means you dislike hoe i do things or the way I'm trying to drive a conversations. Most of my cases and convincing usually occurs after filter diving and deciding who I want to lynch. You make it seem like I need to have everything figures out when we almost have a full day for things to develop.

No, just that if you are going to cast suspicion about, you should have some good reasons for it.


nah
Zerg for Life
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 02:43 GMT
#524
On February 25 2015 11:37 Snarfs wrote:I think the main premiss in your case against Damdred is flawed. Town isn't the team that needs to make up cases in order to win the game.

Who said anything about "making up" cases? How exactly is soft-pushing people helpful?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
February 25 2015 02:44 GMT
#525
On February 25 2015 11:43 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 11:37 Snarfs wrote:I think the main premiss in your case against Damdred is flawed. Town isn't the team that needs to make up cases in order to win the game.

Who said anything about "making up" cases? How exactly is soft-pushing people helpful?

It gives us insight into his thought process as the game goes on, so if we see it shift suddenly without reason we can nail him for it.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 25 2015 02:45 GMT
#526
ugh
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 25 2015 02:45 GMT
#527
##unvote

##vote: kelsiersc
Writer@WriterYamato
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 25 2015 02:47 GMT
#528
On February 25 2015 11:45 yamato77 wrote:
##unvote

##vote: kelsiersc


nice vote bro
Zerg for Life
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 02:49 GMT
#529
On February 25 2015 11:44 Snarfs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 11:43 Probulous wrote:
On February 25 2015 11:37 Snarfs wrote:I think the main premiss in your case against Damdred is flawed. Town isn't the team that needs to make up cases in order to win the game.

Who said anything about "making up" cases? How exactly is soft-pushing people helpful?

It gives us insight into his thought process as the game goes on, so if we see it shift suddenly without reason we can nail him for it.
I don't follow. If he suddenly posts a fantastic case or if he changes target?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 25 2015 02:59 GMT
#530
I'm not soft pushing anything lol, my stance is pretty hard?
Snarfs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada1006 Posts
February 25 2015 03:01 GMT
#531
On February 25 2015 11:49 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 11:44 Snarfs wrote:
On February 25 2015 11:43 Probulous wrote:
On February 25 2015 11:37 Snarfs wrote:I think the main premiss in your case against Damdred is flawed. Town isn't the team that needs to make up cases in order to win the game.

Who said anything about "making up" cases? How exactly is soft-pushing people helpful?

It gives us insight into his thought process as the game goes on, so if we see it shift suddenly without reason we can nail him for it.
I don't follow. If he suddenly posts a fantastic case or if he changes target?

More like if he says x is scum for y but later mafia player z was also doing y and we realize after the flip that Damdred didn't seem to give a crap.

I apologize for my short replies, I'm just waiting for the bus home from work and it's very cold out. I'll have more when I'm home.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 25 2015 03:05 GMT
#532
On February 25 2015 09:06 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 09:03 KelsierSC wrote:
On February 25 2015 09:02 Eden1892 wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:59 Damdred wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:52 Eden1892 wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:43 Damdred wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:32 Eden1892 wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:25 Damdred wrote:
Seriously eden, last night I explained my misgivings on you and hts. You asked I answered, after I answered wave took over. You haven't really responded to that still.

You reentered the thread called for policy lynch didn't act on it moved on to picking on node. Nowback to ksc.

You just aren't trying to figure things out but have the appearance at this point

you keep saying things without backing any of it up, what am I supposed to do about that? and "wave took over" lol what even is that

"picking on Node"? are both of you blind? I scumread Node for making this big post on you that all but called you mafia then put you in null/not necessarily mafia. He had a decent reply so I backed off of it. Then he did it again with Tarnok. That's pretty suspicious behavior to me, the only reason I'm off of it is b/c I did think Node's response to my first callout was ok and I read Artanis town and he's telling me he thinks Node is townish.

I want Tormented to explain his initial reads and then tell me what's changed in all the posts in-between.

Still think KSC is mafia b/c HTS wasn't doing anything (which is completely opposite her town game) and KSC hasn't done anything townie since he reentered the thread

This is so dumb that I even have to explain this. I'm pretty obviously town if you compare to any of my mafia games


People can check out your filter and come to their own conclussions. I post my thoughts. And people can fact check you know that's how I work. Which makes this a super defensive post.

Actually you do have to defend yourself and when you compare this tone wise length wise and content wise it's way different than your town.

When I say wave took over you disappeared after I answered you.

Your reads are lacking for you as kel pointed out though.

you caught a bad case of the dumbs this game

restate your apparent case on me as concisely as you can and see if it still makes sense, because every time I attempt to reduce it to a consolidated form that I can respond to I don't understand it

seems to be a bunch of stuff I can't even respond to, like alleged ties to HTS and tone reads, mixed with things that aren't alignment indicative (not giving superficial explanations for reads that I can do and have done as both alignments before; filter length being not as long as past town games, except the one I just got out of lol, even though I've actively made an effort not to post as much b/c it runs people out of games)


Nope not dumb I've given you two posts that were concise and talked about your play here. You wanted us to look at your mafia games to compare here which isn't what we need to do, you lack follow up on a shot ton of things. I've pointed out several.

You lack a clear push just settling on tormented even though you are clearly slumming hts slot. Which is possible to be mafia granted.

And this isn't about some associative read with hts

LIKE WHAT????? Your earlygame comments where you wanted me to jump around every 5 seconds because I did it in some town games a few weeks / month or so back? I literally remember nothing else you want me to "followup" on

And then you're saying I "settled on Tormented" WHEN I'M VOTING HIM TO GET HIM TO FOLLOWUP ON SOMETHING I SAID EARLIER????

Wtf am I supposed to do with this?


vote SL

nah not yet

the point that he peaced out was actually a pretty good one but I'm gonna wait to see what he does


Its called my moms birthday party.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:13 GMT
#533
On February 25 2015 07:33 yamato77 wrote:
I think ksc might be mafia.
I remember him being obstinate as town but not altogether unwilling to participate. He was much more forthcoming in the game I played with him.

I assume this is why the
On February 25 2015 11:45 yamato77 wrote:
##unvote
##vote: kelsiersc

am i missing something?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:20 GMT
#534
On February 25 2015 11:59 Damdred wrote:
I'm not soft pushing anything lol, my stance is pretty hard?

where's your vote punk
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 25 2015 03:23 GMT
#535
On February 25 2015 12:20 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 11:59 Damdred wrote:
I'm not soft pushing anything lol, my stance is pretty hard?

where's your vote punk


I usually don't vote early or often
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:24 GMT
#536
Anybody know what happened to The Shining?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:28 GMT
#537
On February 25 2015 12:23 Damdred wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 12:20 Eden1892 wrote:
On February 25 2015 11:59 Damdred wrote:
I'm not soft pushing anything lol, my stance is pretty hard?

where's your vote punk


I usually don't vote early or often

Not a very hard push if you don't have the cajones to vote me, amigo
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:29 GMT
#538
Eden, why is your vote on tormentor?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:30 GMT
#539
On February 25 2015 12:24 Probulous wrote:
Anybody know what happened to The Shining?

My only experience with him (coaching rsoultin in the last student game) suggests he's not an active poster. He was somewhat effective as mafia then. Idk if his activity is alignment indicative.

For the record I still think Damdred is town, I'm just antagonizing him because I'm pretty sure he knows I'm town and is just being stubborn about it
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 25 2015 03:30 GMT
#540
On February 25 2015 12:29 Probulous wrote:
Eden, why is your vote on tormentor?


he said he wanted an explanation out of me and I said why he seemed mafia at the start. Never took the vote off. shrug
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Prev 1 25 26 27 28 29 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 542
ProTech140
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22242
Calm 3881
Mini 345
Mind 88
910 79
Free 54
Trap 37
Aegong 32
soO 29
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7430
XaKoH 467
canceldota16
Counter-Strike
fl0m5165
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2838
Other Games
singsing2062
FrodaN871
Beastyqt632
B2W.Neo583
mouzStarbuck303
Livibee186
Liquid`Hasu168
C9.Mang0157
Khaldor150
RotterdaM123
Trikslyr123
KnowMe90
QueenE72
BRAT_OK 38
ZombieGrub26
MindelVK10
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix6
• Michael_bg 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV20
League of Legends
• Nemesis2139
Other Games
• Shiphtur785
• imaqtpie654
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 46m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 46m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 46m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.