• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:43
CEST 21:43
KST 04:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8223 users

Newbie Student Mafia VI - Page 28

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 115 Next
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:31 GMT
#541
ROFl tormented, maybe he is a tormentor!
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 25 2015 03:32 GMT
#542
On February 25 2015 12:31 Probulous wrote:
ROFl tormented, maybe he is a tormentor!


lol Tormented has been my starkingdoms name for about a decade probably.
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:32 GMT
#543
On February 25 2015 12:29 Probulous wrote:
Eden, why is your vote on tormentor?

He never really explained his reads list, and he never updated it despite lots of new info. I initially voted for pressure but it might just stick since he bailed on the thread when I asked some followup stuff
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:34 GMT
#544
Speak the devil's name...

Tormented, I asked you followup q's they're in my filter. Might quote them for you even though I'm on mobile (wow so helpful much town!!)
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 25 2015 03:34 GMT
#545
On February 25 2015 12:32 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 12:29 Probulous wrote:
Eden, why is your vote on tormentor?

He never really explained his reads list, and he never updated it despite lots of new info. I initially voted for pressure but it might just stick since he bailed on the thread when I asked some followup stuff



bailed? I said you seemed mafia because of the lack of desire to post anything relating to useful information for the first several pages.
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:34 GMT
#546
On February 25 2015 08:41 Eden1892 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 08:39 _Tormented_ wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:33 Eden1892 wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:29 _Tormented_ wrote:
On February 25 2015 08:26 Eden1892 wrote:
##UNVOTE
##VOTE: _Tormented_



left field? You start losing the argument against damred and ksc so you try and pile on me?

I remembered you never answered my initial probe about your reads list when yamato mentioned that you should reevaluate. I'm not losing shit, how about you actually followup instead of deflecting?




My reads were because I thought Artanis was bouncing around and trying very hard to seem town. I don't know how he/she plays and therefore I am unsure if this is normal behavior or an attempt to get the conversation moving in any direction that is not aimed at himself/herself. With your read, you were making a lot of posts that had absolutely nothing to do with helping the game.

1) what about Artanis's behavior made you think he was "trying very hard to seem town"?
2) what about my posting was "obtuse," as you put it before?
3) what about the other 10 people you gave reads on?
4) what about the changes if any on any of those 12 reads?

“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
February 25 2015 03:35 GMT
#547
Day 1: Current Vote Count

_Tormented_(2): Yamato77, Artanis[Xp], Eden1892
KelsierSC(2): sicklucker, Yamato77
Damdred(1): WaveofShadow, Probulous
snarfs(1): Node
sicklucker(1): KelsierSC
Artanis[Xp] (0): Yamato77
WaveofShadow (0) Probulous
Node (0): Eden1892

Not Voting (6): Tronak, _Tormented_, The Shining, Damdred, snarfs, WaveofShadow

Currently, _Tormented_ is set to be lynched. Day 1 ends in at 00:00 GMT (+00:00).

Remember, voting is Mandatory. You may NOT abstain.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:35 GMT
#548
On February 25 2015 01:11 Damdred wrote:
Ok what's your conclusion on node then?

On February 25 2015 01:16 _Tormented_ wrote:
I would like to see snarfs response to the vote first.

Well?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:36 GMT
#549
On February 25 2015 12:34 _Tormented_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 12:32 Eden1892 wrote:
On February 25 2015 12:29 Probulous wrote:
Eden, why is your vote on tormentor?

He never really explained his reads list, and he never updated it despite lots of new info. I initially voted for pressure but it might just stick since he bailed on the thread when I asked some followup stuff



bailed? I said you seemed mafia because of the lack of desire to post anything relating to useful information for the first several pages.

Sweet I guess I'll count it as an answer to #2. Now that I'm posting good and clearly town your view changed, yeah?
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 25 2015 03:39 GMT
#550

1) what about Artanis's behavior made you think he was "trying very hard to seem town"?
2) what about my posting was "obtuse," as you put it before?
3) what about the other 10 people you gave reads on?
4) what about the changes if any on any of those 12 reads?



1.) Just the feeling I got by reading all the different directions he was going in. Now he is either misguided or mafia. He wrote an essay with no real evidence against me and has done pretty much nothing else since to help the town besides get mad at yamato for changing his mind.

2.) You were obtuse because you were just spamming random useless shit with no value. On further observations, you are more than likely town.

3.) I had no other real reads, I just put town as a placeholder. I still think ksc is more scummy than SL in that argument.

4.) damdred is more than likely town as is Prob.
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:39 GMT
#551
and what does Snarf's response have to do with Node's alignment?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:42 GMT
#552
On February 24 2015 15:00 Snarfs wrote:
I was suspicious of Damdred for not really commenting on Tormented's filter. However, he said he was going to leave about two hours ago now to go to bed. Then stayed. Seems pretty towny to me. I added some more on Damdred at the bottom of this post as I was going through filters.

Snarfs, this is bad and you should feel bad. The decision to check the thread says sweet fuck all about alignment.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 25 2015 03:44 GMT
#553
On February 25 2015 12:13 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 07:33 yamato77 wrote:
I think ksc might be mafia.
I remember him being obstinate as town but not altogether unwilling to participate. He was much more forthcoming in the game I played with him.

I assume this is why the
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 11:45 yamato77 wrote:
##unvote
##vote: kelsiersc

am i missing something?

I generally don't care for repeating myself.
Writer@WriterYamato
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:49 GMT
#554
how cryptic
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
February 25 2015 03:50 GMT
#555
On February 25 2015 12:42 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2015 15:00 Snarfs wrote:
I was suspicious of Damdred for not really commenting on Tormented's filter. However, he said he was going to leave about two hours ago now to go to bed. Then stayed. Seems pretty towny to me. I added some more on Damdred at the bottom of this post as I was going through filters.

Snarfs, this is bad and you should feel bad. The decision to check the thread says sweet fuck all about alignment.

It is a low-quality but very sincere read IMO. I think it is a pretty townie thought process, cause I know when I'm town I'm looking for stuff like that, and as mafia I'm looking not to hand out bad townreads that I might want to walk back later. If they're partners then that goes away, but I think Damdred is town, so I'm not really putting any weight on the possibility
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 25 2015 03:51 GMT
#556
It's not cryptic.

What do you want me to say? All he's doing is acting like it's too difficult for him to contribute anything meaningful.

His case is on sicklucker, for god's sake. He hyped it up as "mindblowing" but it's really just a giant pile of "this guy is easy to make look bad".
Writer@WriterYamato
_Tormented_
Profile Joined February 2015
United States157 Posts
February 25 2015 03:53 GMT
#557
On February 25 2015 12:35 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 01:11 Damdred wrote:
Ok what's your conclusion on node then?

Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 01:16 _Tormented_ wrote:
I would like to see snarfs response to the vote first.

Well?


I with Node's analysis on snarf and damdred. Snarf has posted a lot and seemed like he was helping, but I don't feel like he has really provided much worth to Day 1 for all he has said. Damdred also seems content to just push people and gain information before making any real decisions.
The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
February 25 2015 03:53 GMT
#558
On February 25 2015 06:30 sicklucker wrote:
Dandred you dont find it weird how his opening is saying hes found 4 mafia to see whos listening? Then when its you who asks he thinks your mafia? It was literally a thing he did to see who was town. How can he reach the conclusion your mafia. Especially when your the easiest town read in the game atm.

I don't follow this logic at all. As far as I can tell KSC just wanted to see who would react, not that a reaction was alignment indicative?
On February 25 2015 06:38 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:31 Eden1892 wrote:
I think HTS replaced out because she's mafia, now to go read the thread for people who probably aren't mafia due to that

Its acualy a good read. I have gotten hts to replaceout of a previous game because I tunneled her eden knows this so thats probably where he got his read from. She really does not like being under pressure as either alignment. She kind of falls apart as mafia.
On February 25 2015 06:43 sicklucker wrote:
Like when I was her mafia partner she was so fucking pissed at holyflare for tunneling her read that obs qt. She cracked

Just cause someone replaces doesn't mean they are mafia. Regardless of previous games.
On February 25 2015 06:15 sicklucker wrote:
And ksc is scummy for wanting to lynch two towns. (One that didnt do anything..) And two newbs
Just cause someone wants to lynch you and someone you think is green doesn't make them scum?

Does SL always play like this?
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 25 2015 03:56 GMT
#559
On February 25 2015 12:53 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:30 sicklucker wrote:
Dandred you dont find it weird how his opening is saying hes found 4 mafia to see whos listening? Then when its you who asks he thinks your mafia? It was literally a thing he did to see who was town. How can he reach the conclusion your mafia. Especially when your the easiest town read in the game atm.

I don't follow this logic at all. As far as I can tell KSC just wanted to see who would react, not that a reaction was alignment indicative?
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:38 sicklucker wrote:
On February 25 2015 06:31 Eden1892 wrote:
I think HTS replaced out because she's mafia, now to go read the thread for people who probably aren't mafia due to that

Its acualy a good read. I have gotten hts to replaceout of a previous game because I tunneled her eden knows this so thats probably where he got his read from. She really does not like being under pressure as either alignment. She kind of falls apart as mafia.
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:43 sicklucker wrote:
Like when I was her mafia partner she was so fucking pissed at holyflare for tunneling her read that obs qt. She cracked

Just cause someone replaces doesn't mean they are mafia. Regardless of previous games.
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2015 06:15 sicklucker wrote:
And ksc is scummy for wanting to lynch two towns. (One that didnt do anything..) And two newbs
Just cause someone wants to lynch you and someone you think is green doesn't make them scum?

Does SL always play like this?

He's a noob. At least he has thoughts and questions about the game.
Writer@WriterYamato
Node
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States2159 Posts
February 25 2015 03:57 GMT
#560
On February 25 2015 11:33 Probulous wrote:
"Snarfs has nothing to lose by "concluding" that I'm town if he is mafia, so my vote remains unchanged"
If he concluded you were mafia would that change things?

I agree we need to see more from him.


Eh, it would probably depend on the analysis. Obviously I'd fight it, but it would at least spark discussion, which usually leads to some sort of information or committal, which is always good. Whereas when he says I'm town all I can really do is say "k" and move on.
whole lies with a half smile
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 561
ProTech158
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16645
Calm 3365
Mini 419
Mind 85
910 65
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc5466
canceldota60
monkeys_forever0
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4236
Other Games
FrodaN990
Beastyqt522
olofmeister339
Liquid`Hasu306
Khaldor258
Livibee188
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 131
ZombieGrub57
QueenE55
BRAT_OK 31
MindelVK7
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• 80smullet 21
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 1
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV374
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie922
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra480
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 17m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 17m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.