• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:17
CEST 05:17
KST 12:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202611Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8689 users

Student Mafia V - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 21 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 19:27 GMT
#1604
Also, if I were calling you bad, then I'd just call you bad. I'm really surprised that you're on TL and don't understand what elo hell is. Like the people around you being bad might have part of it. In my experience it's more an issue of people not listening, doing dumb shit, randomly because caught out by the opponents stupidly doing things they shouldn't that of course end up working well for them, etc.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 19:48 GMT
#1607
On January 25 2015 04:27 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 04:24 geript wrote:
In semi-open games, you're right. Mafia tend to just accept a claim and kill it. Open setups are an exceptionally different beast though.


Your reason for thinking Damdred's reads progression on you is scummy?

Or any of his other flip-flop reads you mentioned, for that matter.

His flip flop reads are questionable. The problem though is that he's literally using heuristics which he knows are false. How motivated and try hard I am is wildly different game to game. Additionally, as mafia I actually tend to be more try-hard. Like he just got out of a game (where he was mafia) which pointed out this fact. Now he's trying to argue that I'm disconnected and therefore mafia. It's just blatantly false that I'm disconnected and that being disconnected makes me mafia. It's true that he tends to not read me well (when he's town); but as mafia he tends to ignore me (or call me town and ignore me). Which is one of the things that bugged me for much of the early game. Plus, he's not even thinking, "Hey I usually read this guy wrong. I'm reading his as mafia..."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 19:54 GMT
#1609
But that should be way earlier. And it should be in concert with the idea that "i'm reading him as mafia. I'm usually wrong on him. So I'm probably just being a dumbass and he's town."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 19:59 GMT
#1610
Like I'm being honest in that it would in no way surprise me that mafia was just afk. Because in some regards the game kinda feels like that and it's LM/Shining or similar. But at this point, everyone who scumreads me or even suggests such bullshit will be up for a lynch because that's literally preposterous.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 20:03 GMT
#1612
Except that I don't always read you incorrectly. At least 4 times I've read you correctly (both as town and mafia) and a few more times than that I've read you wrong (6 I think give or take). That does give me pause; it gave me pause when I was townreading you early in the game. It gives me a bit of pause now. The problem is that you've literally ignored and stated to the otherwise things that you know to be false multiple times. How is that town?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 20:10 GMT
#1614
Sure, and how I opened this game isn't typical of my gameplay either. Also, I've read every post in the thread. I might not remember every post. Odds are I remember the N1 stuff the least because of sick. But I've read it all.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 20:26 GMT
#1616
People don't read me right because they don't bother to think in my experience. It doesn't really require meta. Like you don't even ask, "what's he doing? Is he doing mafia things?" because that's really not how you read me. You look at what I'm thinking about. As mafia, my thoughts never really match; like there's a huge jump and points I have don't flow into each other in a coherent way. Thoughts (and thought process) won't always make sense or seem logical, but there's a clear thought that leads into another thought and so on. Wheels churn and one thing gets me interested in another thing that seems random but it's connected in a very natural way. That's the thing that I can't ever fake as mafia.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 20:59 GMT
#1624
On January 25 2015 05:45 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 24 2015 17:20 geript wrote:
Definitely doesn't feel as good in hindsight. I'll need to go back and look at all my reasons for reading Breschke as town though. I know part of it was newb reasoning.


How did you go with this?

I forgot about this. I'm looking now.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:22 GMT
#1647
On January 19 2015 06:41 Breshke wrote:
So trfel why do you think LM will flip scum? Havnt people said he is always like thi aswell?

This is a question that bugs me because I don't see it ever come back up again. It's just kinda full speed ahead on LM. I also don't remember anyone commenting on how active LM tends to be as either alignment. Maybe I made a passing comment that I usually think of LM as a low activity guy.

Overall, I'd agree with you that the early townreads were perhaps quite wrong, but I'm not really seeing clear scum motivation or a lot of scummy things.

One thing that does kinda bug me is that the's big on the LM-Trfel +1 theory, but if that's the case, then he should basically have it down to rsoultin/DP/Shining/me. But he doesn't really get how Trfel+LM implicates DP. There's no question as to whether or not LM is mafia. Yet he had a conversation with mafia bout LM.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:24 GMT
#1648
TBH, I'm kinda interested in just lynching Shining instead of LM or Damdred.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:28 GMT
#1653
On January 24 2015 13:29 The Shining wrote:
RSo - I honestly don't think he'll flip Town. To be honest, it might be a bit conceited but one of my tinfoil theories marked Celestial in our last game, even though we lost. I kind of just don't want to lose again and therefore I'm pretty much spewing anything that comes into my head after thinking it through and seeing if there is any basis on it. Also, I wasn't killed that game the same way I'm still alive I'm this one for what I assume is the same reasons. My activity and filter constantly keep me in danger of a mislynch, apparently.

Also, I'm not really scumreading him. I mentioned that this was personally the first red flag he raised for me, and it's based purely off of LM's flip. It is enough to rescind my "he's town, let me look elsewhere" POV on him and watch him at EoD. I like going at the lurkers to pressure them because in the case of lurking, you might get them back into the thread to analyze but It does kind of seem odd to abandon a lurker in LM and go at Damdred after wanting to lynch lurkers.

DP - No. Damdred doesn't have a higher chance of being Town than Geript, due to what I've mentioned about tinfoil theory, as well as the fact that he's pretty disinterested here. He has a lot of posts but I've learned filter size isn't alignment indicative more than anything else. I also haven't ruled out him bussing LM for the inactivity to earn town credit, whereas the only thing I have on Geript is he might be saving scum. Not enough for me to lynch on.


Leaving work now, back in a few hours.

Like that post really bugs me. No one's really been pushing a Shining lynch at all. Like, activity isn't keeping Shining in the realm of mislynchable people. It's moreso the fact that his filter is pretty barren. He recognizes this but he doesn't really make any attempt to do anything about it other then, "Oh I guess I'm just on the list of mislynchables."
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:30 GMT
#1656
Not exactly the response I was hoping for DP. Like I don't hate a LM lynch, but a second shenanny lynch doesn't really tell us much.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:36 GMT
#1660
On January 25 2015 06:29 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 06:22 geript wrote:
On January 19 2015 06:41 Breshke wrote:
So trfel why do you think LM will flip scum? Havnt people said he is always like thi aswell?

This is a question that bugs me because I don't see it ever come back up again. It's just kinda full speed ahead on LM. I also don't remember anyone commenting on how active LM tends to be as either alignment. Maybe I made a passing comment that I usually think of LM as a low activity guy.

Overall, I'd agree with you that the early townreads were perhaps quite wrong, but I'm not really seeing clear scum motivation or a lot of scummy things.

One thing that does kinda bug me is that the's big on the LM-Trfel +1 theory, but if that's the case, then he should basically have it down to rsoultin/DP/Shining/me. But he doesn't really get how Trfel+LM implicates DP. There's no question as to whether or not LM is mafia. Yet he had a conversation with mafia bout LM.


Seriously, geript? He had JJB as his prime scum read. Can you quote me where he was scumreading trfel Day 1, because I certainly don't remember it.

Just read my fucking post. Did I say that Breshke has Trfel as mafia? No. I'm saying that Breshke had a conversation with Trfel about LM. That's something I'd remember as town. Plus he doesn't get how Trfel+LM=DP but even by his own reasoning he has it limited town to Rso/DP/Shining/me. He seems essentially town on everyone that Trfel+LM could be mafia with under normal circumstances.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:38 GMT
#1661
On January 25 2015 06:32 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 06:28 geript wrote:
On January 24 2015 13:29 The Shining wrote:
RSo - I honestly don't think he'll flip Town. To be honest, it might be a bit conceited but one of my tinfoil theories marked Celestial in our last game, even though we lost. I kind of just don't want to lose again and therefore I'm pretty much spewing anything that comes into my head after thinking it through and seeing if there is any basis on it. Also, I wasn't killed that game the same way I'm still alive I'm this one for what I assume is the same reasons. My activity and filter constantly keep me in danger of a mislynch, apparently.

Also, I'm not really scumreading him. I mentioned that this was personally the first red flag he raised for me, and it's based purely off of LM's flip. It is enough to rescind my "he's town, let me look elsewhere" POV on him and watch him at EoD. I like going at the lurkers to pressure them because in the case of lurking, you might get them back into the thread to analyze but It does kind of seem odd to abandon a lurker in LM and go at Damdred after wanting to lynch lurkers.

DP - No. Damdred doesn't have a higher chance of being Town than Geript, due to what I've mentioned about tinfoil theory, as well as the fact that he's pretty disinterested here. He has a lot of posts but I've learned filter size isn't alignment indicative more than anything else. I also haven't ruled out him bussing LM for the inactivity to earn town credit, whereas the only thing I have on Geript is he might be saving scum. Not enough for me to lynch on.


Leaving work now, back in a few hours.

Like that post really bugs me. No one's really been pushing a Shining lynch at all. Like, activity isn't keeping Shining in the realm of mislynchable people. It's moreso the fact that his filter is pretty barren. He recognizes this but he doesn't really make any attempt to do anything about it other then, "Oh I guess I'm just on the list of mislynchables."


I do not see scum in shining's filter.

I saw him go after GB hard, get into a shouting match with Damdred and GB. I saw him evaluate our spat in the thread. He's presented ideas others haven't. There isn't a disconnect between what he's doing and what he's saying.

You honestly think he has a better chance of flipping scum than LM or Damdred?

I really wish I remember why I had a townread on him near D1 that I didn't push him. I think I'm ok with a LM lynch if we don't lynch Damdred.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:42 GMT
#1666
I'm surprised Damdred.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:45 GMT
#1671
Ok, let's just pretend teh following people are town: JJB, DP, Geript, Damdred, rsoultin. That leaves LM, Breshke and Shining.

Who do we want to lynch first?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:46 GMT
#1673
In that set, LM and Shining make the two obvious first lynches imo.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:48 GMT
#1677
LM is the best "info" lynch as it regards anyone who questions DP. Shining, idk. I don't think I want to lynch him because I had a townread on him on D1 when I read through his filter. Breshke's kinda that way too though.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:49 GMT
#1680
On January 25 2015 06:46 LoneMeow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 06:26 rsoultin wrote:
On January 25 2015 06:21 LoneMeow wrote:
GET OFF ME, THIS IS A MISLYNCH WAGON.

Don't mislynch because you're too tunneled to even consider other options. If you can not state 3 clear reasons why you are lynching me then you are either scum or tunneling for bad reasons.

I'm obviously open to lynching just about anyone who is not me or jarjarbinks but I would prefer Damdred. Breshke exhibits very similar paranoid thinking in some of his later posts as I have been going through so I no longer trust my read on him that much.

##Vote: Damdred


Shit reasoning for scumming Bresh day 1.
Complete disinterest in where the vote was heading day 1.
BS reason for switching to the WW wagon day 1.
General inactivity throughout the game.

get rekt xP


You do realise that all of those points except the last are based on day 1 alone - we're at the end of day 3 now, so you really should have some new evidence one way or the other by now.

The last point would apply also to The Shining, yet you're not calling him scum for it, why's that?

Perhaps if you would post, he would have more reasons...
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 24 2015 21:50 GMT
#1682
On January 25 2015 06:39 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 25 2015 06:36 geript wrote:
On January 25 2015 06:29 rsoultin wrote:
On January 25 2015 06:22 geript wrote:
On January 19 2015 06:41 Breshke wrote:
So trfel why do you think LM will flip scum? Havnt people said he is always like thi aswell?

This is a question that bugs me because I don't see it ever come back up again. It's just kinda full speed ahead on LM. I also don't remember anyone commenting on how active LM tends to be as either alignment. Maybe I made a passing comment that I usually think of LM as a low activity guy.

Overall, I'd agree with you that the early townreads were perhaps quite wrong, but I'm not really seeing clear scum motivation or a lot of scummy things.

One thing that does kinda bug me is that the's big on the LM-Trfel +1 theory, but if that's the case, then he should basically have it down to rsoultin/DP/Shining/me. But he doesn't really get how Trfel+LM implicates DP. There's no question as to whether or not LM is mafia. Yet he had a conversation with mafia bout LM.


Seriously, geript? He had JJB as his prime scum read. Can you quote me where he was scumreading trfel Day 1, because I certainly don't remember it.

Just read my fucking post. Did I say that Breshke has Trfel as mafia? No. I'm saying that Breshke had a conversation with Trfel about LM. That's something I'd remember as town. Plus he doesn't get how Trfel+LM=DP but even by his own reasoning he has it limited town to Rso/DP/Shining/me. He seems essentially town on everyone that Trfel+LM could be mafia with under normal circumstances.


Ya this is a good point.

Also I just realized something.

You know how bresh said his phone died at work day one? Well we are both Australian so I don't see how his phone could die at 8:30 am.

Fuck it. I really don't want to care about this but it is weird. I'm going to feel really extra stupid and lazy if Breshke flips town though.
##unvote
##vote Breshke
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 21 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta38
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 200
ProTech149
FoxeR 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2300
Shuttle 1324
Dewaltoss 79
NaDa 22
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 509
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox574
Other Games
summit1g8016
WinterStarcraft417
C9.Mang0278
ViBE127
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo479
• Stunt173
Other Games
• Shiphtur355
Upcoming Events
OSC
19h 43m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 6h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.