• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8825 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 90

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 94 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 29 2014 13:36 GMT
#1781
On September 29 2014 22:32 abuse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 22:29 DarthPunk wrote:
lol. I was playing to my win condition by helping town when they were ahead but not being so productive enough to be shot.

Not sure why that makes you so mad.


Cause you're bm and arrogant as fk, and I don't like bm and arrogance.You are also not as good as you think you are. No good player would flat out ignore a person's posts in a game. Especially if the person is scum.
That and I'm just frustrated and confused, because I never expected a KP 3P role to be on town's side and able to win with town.
My whole game depended on you killing town. Which you didn't do, so there is nothing I can do anymore really, especially if Vayne really does turn out to be Werewolf, and I do not have the luxury of trying to find it out.


I didn't ignore you. I doused you day one. I just didn't respond in the thread because it in no way helped me win the game or put me in a better position to win.

I think you are getting confused about good town play and good play in general. If I am third party, I am not going to try and rape all the scum day one or really do too much of anything. Why? Because my win condition REQUIRES me to not get shot by scum.

Your winning required me to play my given role INCORRECTLY. So don't try and logically justify your butthurt when I play the role correctly.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 29 2014 13:37 GMT
#1782
Eh I figured 3p would end up winning with town with the way day one went and how the game was worded. DP played well for what he had to do honestly, I can see he's a good player but he's a dick....i still like him though
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 29 2014 13:37 GMT
#1783
On September 29 2014 22:17 abuse wrote:
I'd watch what I say, considering you did not get a single read correct during this game and you chose to aid town in an already town biased setup. And you are supposed to be good. What a joke.
Also, survive till the end - in all games I played, 3P wins when he is the last one standing - which is the end of the game, if a 3P role is present.


I would add that it is good play to throw your lot in with the side that is favoured
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
September 29 2014 13:43 GMT
#1784
Also Cr pretty much ruined mafia chances d 1. Really screwed you guys lol
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
September 29 2014 13:52 GMT
#1785
On September 29 2014 22:36 DarthPunk wrote:
Your winning required me to play my given role INCORRECTLY. So don't try and logically justify your butthurt when I play the role correctly.


Well I guess you did play it incorrectly, considering you would have died the next night, because you claimed and I would not have risked you having me doused already. Anyway, now you can safely ignore what I say about you, because I am slightly annoyed with how this game played out, and with your role's wincon.

On September 29 2014 22:37 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 22:17 abuse wrote:
I'd watch what I say, considering you did not get a single read correct during this game and you chose to aid town in an already town biased setup. And you are supposed to be good. What a joke.
Also, survive till the end - in all games I played, 3P wins when he is the last one standing - which is the end of the game, if a 3P role is present.


I would add that it is good play to throw your lot in with the side that is favoured


True, but it is just batcrap dumb to do it and then complain that the game was boring and and/or too easy or whatever.

He did play well considering the role he was given, with the conditions that were in play. I'm just still angry because I thought that 3P cannot win with town, and I expected him to play to that goal. (which would have been harder and more fun)

I don't believe you.
abuse
Profile Joined April 2011
Latvia1946 Posts
September 29 2014 13:54 GMT
#1786
On September 29 2014 22:32 The_Templar wrote:
Endgame

abuse the Otoya Takechi - Mafia Godfather has conceded!

The town/3rd party win!

Hapahauli/abuse (town/mafia)
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/y4ierN3Z4pppK



The link is wrong.
The correct one is here
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/Smh59XvBFtU
I don't believe you.
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 29 2014 14:05 GMT
#1787
Mafia roles:
1.VisceraEyes: mafia bonder
2.Chairman Ray: mafia goon
3.abuse: mafia godfather

Town roles:
1.MysteryMeat1: VT
2.Oatsmaster: shotgunner
3.Blazinghand: Cop
4.rightinthefeels: VT
5.grackaroni: VT
6.geript: VT
7.Promethelax: veteran
8.Damdred: VT
9.yamato77: VT
10.VayneAuthority: werewolf

3rd party roles:
1. DarthPunk: Arsonist

The balance of this game lies in the pairings. Cop was paired with godfather and shotgunner cannot shoot on n1. Almost everything that was done can be disputed and can be claimed. Also, the game is not favoured for either party. Mafia run the risk of shooting into vet/ww n1, while town have the risk of shooting the bonder/ww n2. Furthermore, it was an alternative night shot (n2 shoot, n4 shoot).
The role of the arsonist in this game was to add in as wildcard that can decide the game. if he can douse all mafia, good for him. If he douses some mafia, good for town. If he douses all town, good for mafia.

The problem with the 'balance' in this game was how fast VE/CR died. VE got everyone piled onto him d1 and CR got faked out by a geript tracker claim. Good play by geript.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 29 2014 14:08 GMT
#1788
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0j0GwCku-xkl5GU35AsDFWUHREKcEV-Ao84pYpJ9r0/edit#gid=0

Google docs of the info for the game.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 29 2014 14:08 GMT
#1789
I think the game would be better with unknown pairings.

Losing a second scum 50% of the time is not balanced for mafia when they are a team of three. ESPECIALLY with all the KP floating around.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 29 2014 14:11 GMT
#1790
On September 29 2014 23:08 DarthPunk wrote:
I think the game would be better with unknown pairings.

Losing a second scum 50% of the time is not balanced for mafia when they are a team of three. ESPECIALLY with all the KP floating around.



Yes. That was why the pairings of 1town/1mafia was made known, so that it can act as a coverup for mafia. VE/Cr just played it pretty badly in my opinion. Especially with how CR gave up because he rolled mafia.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 29 2014 14:16 GMT
#1791
On September 29 2014 23:11 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 23:08 DarthPunk wrote:
I think the game would be better with unknown pairings.

Losing a second scum 50% of the time is not balanced for mafia when they are a team of three. ESPECIALLY with all the KP floating around.



Yes. That was why the pairings of 1town/1mafia was made known, so that it can act as a coverup for mafia. VE/Cr just played it pretty badly in my opinion. Especially with how CR gave up because he rolled mafia.


Yes but 1 mafia/ 1 mafia is guaranteed correct?

So, no matter what, as soon as town lynches/kills a mafia there is a 50% chance they lose a second mafia for free.

There is no universe in which that is balanced for scum.

The whole point of playing scum is to reduce the connections, be as hard to find as possible. It is a battle of attrition with the town. But that battle goes to shit when you lose 2 scum for the price of one 50% of the time.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
September 29 2014 14:18 GMT
#1792
I'm sorry, but most of the game was figured out because CR fake claimed 3rd party.

And about bad hosting, if Prome is angry because of what happened day2, ok. If he is angry for anything else, I don't get it.
I'm adorable.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 29 2014 14:25 GMT
#1793
On September 29 2014 23:18 GlowingBear wrote:
I'm sorry, but most of the game was figured out because CR fake claimed 3rd party.

And about bad hosting, if Prome is angry because of what happened day2, ok. If he is angry for anything else, I don't get it.


Jesus Christ. Do people really not understand game balance? Really?

If so then please use cookie cutter setups.

Honestly.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
HaruRH
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Singapore2780 Posts
September 29 2014 14:25 GMT
#1794
On September 29 2014 23:16 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 23:11 HaruRH wrote:
On September 29 2014 23:08 DarthPunk wrote:
I think the game would be better with unknown pairings.

Losing a second scum 50% of the time is not balanced for mafia when they are a team of three. ESPECIALLY with all the KP floating around.



Yes. That was why the pairings of 1town/1mafia was made known, so that it can act as a coverup for mafia. VE/Cr just played it pretty badly in my opinion. Especially with how CR gave up because he rolled mafia.


Yes but 1 mafia/ 1 mafia is guaranteed correct?

So, no matter what, as soon as town lynches/kills a mafia there is a 50% chance they lose a second mafia for free.

There is no universe in which that is balanced for scum.

The whole point of playing scum is to reduce the connections, be as hard to find as possible. It is a battle of attrition with the town. But that battle goes to shit when you lose 2 scum for the price of one 50% of the time.



If you think about it, Cr could probably have survived if he did not concede.
It is fucking D4 and you are still alive as a CONFIRMED FUCKING TOWN. This is how fucking terrible scum thinks you are - Koshi
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 29 2014 14:27 GMT
#1795
I mean EVEN when you DO lynch the non paired mafia, You know the other mafia are paired. So you can eliminate every pairing that contains third party, a flipped townie, a Town Power role.

Which makes the game......


.....Wait for it.....


Really really imbalanced.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 29 2014 14:28 GMT
#1796
On September 29 2014 23:25 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 29 2014 23:16 DarthPunk wrote:
On September 29 2014 23:11 HaruRH wrote:
On September 29 2014 23:08 DarthPunk wrote:
I think the game would be better with unknown pairings.

Losing a second scum 50% of the time is not balanced for mafia when they are a team of three. ESPECIALLY with all the KP floating around.



Yes. That was why the pairings of 1town/1mafia was made known, so that it can act as a coverup for mafia. VE/Cr just played it pretty badly in my opinion. Especially with how CR gave up because he rolled mafia.


Yes but 1 mafia/ 1 mafia is guaranteed correct?

So, no matter what, as soon as town lynches/kills a mafia there is a 50% chance they lose a second mafia for free.

There is no universe in which that is balanced for scum.

The whole point of playing scum is to reduce the connections, be as hard to find as possible. It is a battle of attrition with the town. But that battle goes to shit when you lose 2 scum for the price of one 50% of the time.



If you think about it, Cr could probably have survived if he did not concede.


No YOU think about your game critically for two seconds please.

There is no way in HELL this game was balanced for scum.

I think Town wins 95% of the time. Without question.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
September 29 2014 14:47 GMT
#1797
DP did you actually believe VE was town?
Writer@WriterYamato
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
September 29 2014 14:59 GMT
#1798
On September 29 2014 23:47 yamato77 wrote:
DP did you actually believe VE was town?


Nah I was 50/50.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
September 29 2014 15:24 GMT
#1799
yeah logically you always lynch the other half of a mafia pair unless it's lylo

i mean you may as well for a free 50/50 shot
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
September 29 2014 15:43 GMT
#1800
We definitely could have lost that one still
Prev 1 88 89 90 91 92 94 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV937
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8077
Bisu 1951
Shuttle 1078
Horang2 703
Larva 498
Stork 421
EffOrt 412
BeSt 400
actioN 271
Mini 244
[ Show more ]
Mind 137
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 74
Barracks 64
Mong 62
Sea.KH 54
Shinee 51
hero 49
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
sorry 31
Killer 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
Yoon 20
HiyA 20
Aegong 19
soO 18
zelot 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 10
Sacsri 9
Terrorterran 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5636
qojqva2260
Dendi1113
febbydoto25
Counter-Strike
fl0m2592
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko476
Other Games
singsing2905
olofmeister1186
hiko956
B2W.Neo834
Livibee452
TKL 385
XBOCT291
Hui .215
Liquid`VortiX204
XaKoH 191
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 23
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 35
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3240
• Jankos2160
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 40m
Replay Cast
8h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.