• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8434 users

TL Mafia Community Thread - Page 12

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 281 Next
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 08 2014 09:35 GMT
#221
You just do that till lvl 20. Then you need to complete quests over days and get gold to do arena. If you don't want to spend money it goes pretty slow in the start.
I had a good night of sleep.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 08 2014 09:40 GMT
#222
On January 08 2014 18:35 Koshi wrote:
You just do that till lvl 20. Then you need to complete quests over days and get gold to do arena. If you don't want to spend money it goes pretty slow in the start.


What is level 20? like class level or something?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 11:20:45
January 08 2014 09:47 GMT
#223
Ah no. I meant rank 20. It starts at rank 25 and you can get till rank 20 with a basic deck. After that you start getting pretty sick decks.

Constructed rank ladder
I had a good night of sleep.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 08 2014 14:58 GMT
#224
On January 08 2014 18:35 Koshi wrote:
You just do that till lvl 20. Then you need to complete quests over days and get gold to do arena. If you don't want to spend money it goes pretty slow in the start.


One thing you can do to try to make things slightly faster is reset your quest once a day to possibly upgrade a 40 gold quest to 60 or 100 gold.

The 100 gold one requires only 7 wins, which is the equivalent of 30 wins just grinding games (which isn't worth the effort imo).

There are also a few hidden quests to speed things along.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 08 2014 15:07 GMT
#225
On January 08 2014 23:58 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 18:35 Koshi wrote:
You just do that till lvl 20. Then you need to complete quests over days and get gold to do arena. If you don't want to spend money it goes pretty slow in the start.


One thing you can do to try to make things slightly faster is reset your quest once a day to possibly upgrade a 40 gold quest to 60 or 100 gold.

The 100 gold one requires only 7 wins, which is the equivalent of 30 wins just grinding games (which isn't worth the effort imo).

There are also a few hidden quests to speed things along.

How do you reset a quest?
I had a good night of sleep.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 08 2014 15:12 GMT
#226
On January 09 2014 00:07 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 23:58 kitaman27 wrote:
On January 08 2014 18:35 Koshi wrote:
You just do that till lvl 20. Then you need to complete quests over days and get gold to do arena. If you don't want to spend money it goes pretty slow in the start.


One thing you can do to try to make things slightly faster is reset your quest once a day to possibly upgrade a 40 gold quest to 60 or 100 gold.

The 100 gold one requires only 7 wins, which is the equivalent of 30 wins just grinding games (which isn't worth the effort imo).

There are also a few hidden quests to speed things along.

How do you reset a quest?


Open up the quest screen, click the x in the top right of the quest, and you get a new one.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 08 2014 15:19 GMT
#227
o rly. What happens if you have 3? Can you delete 3? Or do you have to pick the oldest one?
I had a good night of sleep.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 08 2014 15:24 GMT
#228
On January 09 2014 00:19 Koshi wrote:
o rly. What happens if you have 3? Can you delete 3? Or do you have to pick the oldest one?


You can pick any one of the three, once per day.

This also makes it easier to line up class specific quests, so if you only play once a week you can go in and delete quests that don't overlap.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2014 15:25 GMT
#229
you can delete any quest you want, and do them in whatever order you want
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
January 08 2014 15:25 GMT
#230
On January 09 2014 00:24 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2014 00:19 Koshi wrote:
o rly. What happens if you have 3? Can you delete 3? Or do you have to pick the oldest one?


You can pick any one of the three, once per day.

This also makes it easier to line up class specific quests, so if you only play once a week you can go in and delete quests that don't overlap.


Whenever I get a class I dont like (for example: Hunter/mage 3 wins) and I reset it, I always get Hunter/Mage 5 WINS!
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 08 2014 15:33 GMT
#231
Beating oats repeatedly with my free deck. Good times.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 08 2014 15:36 GMT
#232
Frijoles
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 08 2014 15:38 GMT
#233
So if i wanted to invest some money into this game what would be the most efficient way of doing so?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 08 2014 16:00 GMT
#234
I don't know how much you want to play it but I don't think there is. Use all gold on Arena imo, you get always a pack and if you get wins you can get money back or at least the 50 gold + pack. I think you need 3 wins from that.

If you got 12 wins you can get up to 500 gold.


I am like worst person to give advice though, I started a week ago and that's how I feel. You can do at least 5 arenas with the starting gold/free entrance and it takes 30m-1h for 1 arena run.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 08 2014 16:05 GMT
#235
I don't think you can buy gold. and imo 2€ for 1 Arena is just too steep to consider.
I had a good night of sleep.
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-08 16:33:25
January 08 2014 16:32 GMT
#236
Oww, they charge the same price in euros as dollars?

If you do start to try out arena, you can practice drafting here

A tier list like this one should be more than enough to start winning consistently (maybe not going infinite, but certainly breaking even), even if it doesn't cover every scenario.

The guide recommends waiting until the equivalent of "3 star master", but hitting 9-12 wins isn't out of the question as a beginner with a decent draft and minimum understanding of the rules.
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2014 16:55 GMT
#237
On January 09 2014 00:38 DarthPunk wrote:
So if i wanted to invest some money into this game what would be the most efficient way of doing so?


As a general rule, I'd do it by playing in Arena. If you're not afraid to spend a bit of cash, it's the best way to quickly gain experience, see new cards, and build your collection.

Arena costs 150 gold or 2 dollars. You draft a deck and play until you get 12 wins or 3 losses, whichever comes first. your opponents will NOT be part of the same draft as you, so expect to autowin at least one game and autolose at least one game in a normal run.

The reward for playing Arena is one booster pack, plus some amount of gold and dust (dust is used to make cards; it's the game's currency for buying single cards basically). If you get 7 wins, you will get at least 150 gold, meaning the Arena was "free". If you get 12 wins, you get like 250+ gold. If you get 0 wins, you'll probably just get the pack.

EVEN IF YOU GET 0 WINS, Arena is still worth it for the pack in terms of gold cost basically. A pack costs 100 gold, an Arena run costs 150 gold, is tons of fun, and if you win a few times pays you back at least 50.

Arena is the only thing I've spent cash on in Hearthstone since sometimes I run out of gold. It's very fun and guaranteed to build your collection.

If you don't like the Arena format, the most efficient way to spend IRL cash in Hearthstone is to buy 50 booster packs for 50 bucks (after getting to level 10 with every class so you have all the basic cards). Doing this once should give you enough cards to play competitively in constructed. Make sure you choose what cards to craft very carefully; it's easy to waste dust that could be saved for a Sylvanas.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 08 2014 16:57 GMT
#238
BH just repeating what I said with big words.
I had a good night of sleep.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 08 2014 16:58 GMT
#239
Koshi is just PRE-peating what I said with lame words
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 08 2014 16:59 GMT
#240
It continues.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 281 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 165
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 571
IndyStarCraft 141
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25874
Shuttle 1247
Hyuk 709
Mini 454
firebathero 188
hero 91
Sexy 78
Mong 54
Killer 45
Trap 42
[ Show more ]
Hyun 41
Liquid`Ret 40
ggaemo 36
PianO 30
ToSsGirL 24
zelot 16
Rock 15
Bale 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9319
qojqva1904
Dendi962
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1422
crisheroes1232
Liquid`Hasu663
Other Games
singsing1850
FrodaN1817
fl0m1604
Beastyqt769
Mlord458
Hui .262
Livibee168
ArmadaUGS158
Liquid`VortiX158
KnowMe138
Mew2King54
Trikslyr37
CosmosSc2 15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 45
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki17
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8207
Other Games
• Shiphtur304
• WagamamaTV201
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 10m
INu's Battles
19h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
22h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 17h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 23h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.