• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7649 users

TL Mafia Community Thread - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 281 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 14:14:38
January 09 2014 14:14 GMT
#261
Which hero is recommended for arena play?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 09 2014 14:18 GMT
#262
they all seem to be viable. some matchups are bad due to the hero-powers you play against, but the game is far more dependent on your draft than your hero selection.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 09 2014 14:19 GMT
#263
Yeah but isn;t card selection at least partially based on class? So is one champs card pool better?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 09 2014 14:41 GMT
#264
not really no, they all have their own flavor or wahtever but its well balanced imo
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 09 2014 14:41 GMT
#265
On January 09 2014 23:41 Hopeless1der wrote:
not really no, they all have their own flavor or wahtever but its well balanced imo


OK.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
January 09 2014 15:38 GMT
#266
http://www.arenamastery.com/sitewide.php
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
strongandbig
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States4858 Posts
January 09 2014 15:53 GMT
#267
So hearthstone seems cool but what I don't get is why it has massive stream viewers - it seems like a strictly worse "game" (in terms of things like gameplay variety, complexity, etc) than mtg except for the cost and play model. These last two explain why it's more popular to play (I've never played mtgo, maybe it sucks too) but they don't explain the spectator appeal given that mtg doesn't have nearly the twitch/stream presence that hearthstone does.

Am I wrong about the gameplay merits of hearthstone vs mtg? Has mtg also been this popular? Or are all the stream viewers actually hearthstone players as well?
"It's the torso" "only more so!"
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 09 2014 15:54 GMT
#268
Kripp has an huge followship that views any game he plays.
I had a good night of sleep.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
January 09 2014 15:56 GMT
#269
On January 10 2014 00:53 strongandbig wrote:
So hearthstone seems cool but what I don't get is why it has massive stream viewers - it seems like a strictly worse "game" (in terms of things like gameplay variety, complexity, etc) than mtg except for the cost and play model. These last two explain why it's more popular to play (I've never played mtgo, maybe it sucks too) but they don't explain the spectator appeal given that mtg doesn't have nearly the twitch/stream presence that hearthstone does.

Am I wrong about the gameplay merits of hearthstone vs mtg? Has mtg also been this popular? Or are all the stream viewers actually hearthstone players as well?

well the game is still beta so im sure at the very least there are going to be a lot more cards and they will probally add a mechanic or 2.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 09 2014 16:02 GMT
#270
On January 10 2014 00:53 strongandbig wrote:
So hearthstone seems cool but what I don't get is why it has massive stream viewers - it seems like a strictly worse "game" (in terms of things like gameplay variety, complexity, etc) than mtg except for the cost and play model. These last two explain why it's more popular to play (I've never played mtgo, maybe it sucks too) but they don't explain the spectator appeal given that mtg doesn't have nearly the twitch/stream presence that hearthstone does.

Am I wrong about the gameplay merits of hearthstone vs mtg? Has mtg also been this popular? Or are all the stream viewers actually hearthstone players as well?

I would be willing to believe that alot of players want beta keys, which was a big draw for viewers at first, and the blizzard name is good at drawing people in as well. Gameplay wise I'd say mtg is far more involved, so its harder for new people to get into the game whereas hearthstone is pretty straightforward
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 09 2014 16:05 GMT
#271
Hearthstone is strictly worse but has the benefit of being a video game rather than an in-person game.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
January 09 2014 16:06 GMT
#272
On January 10 2014 01:05 Blazinghand wrote:
Hearthstone is strictly worse but has the benefit of being a video game rather than an in-person game.

well snb was trying to compare mtg:o to hearthstone and why hs has so many more viewers (as far as twitch numbers go). I think it comes down to hype and stream personalities
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 09 2014 16:09 GMT
#273
On January 10 2014 00:53 strongandbig wrote:
So hearthstone seems cool but what I don't get is why it has massive stream viewers - it seems like a strictly worse "game" (in terms of things like gameplay variety, complexity, etc) than mtg except for the cost and play model. These last two explain why it's more popular to play (I've never played mtgo, maybe it sucks too) but they don't explain the spectator appeal given that mtg doesn't have nearly the twitch/stream presence that hearthstone does.

Am I wrong about the gameplay merits of hearthstone vs mtg? Has mtg also been this popular? Or are all the stream viewers actually hearthstone players as well?


I just quit magic a few months ago. And I can say that it is almost certainly to do with cost. The game is better/more complex but is also incredibly expensive.

For example If you wanted to play a control deck in the current standard meta game you needed 4 copies of sphinxes revelation which is $120 dollars. Mana base was at least 200 dollars add in other cards and you are looking at 600 Plus dollars for a competitive deck on MTGO.

Also you are paying all this money for cards and the client is buggy and slow.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-09 16:11:19
January 09 2014 16:10 GMT
#274
HS is kinda a shit game to watch on stream tbh*. I tried watching a stream of it and found it super dupes boring. Maybe I just don't have a good taste for this kind of thing but watching some guy sit there and think for 30 seconds what attack he's going to make is profoundly uninteresting to me.

*tbh = to blazinghand
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 09 2014 21:56 GMT
#275
On January 10 2014 01:10 Blazinghand wrote:
HS is kinda a shit game to watch on stream tbh*. I tried watching a stream of it and found it super dupes boring. Maybe I just don't have a good taste for this kind of thing but watching some guy sit there and think for 30 seconds what attack he's going to make is profoundly uninteresting to me.

*tbh = to blazinghand

It's a good thing to watch if you're looking to fall asleep though! (I often watch streams before bed to get tired )
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
January 11 2014 21:36 GMT
#276
Upcoming Movie Night!
Sunday, Jan 12 6:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)
lock stock and two smoking barrels

I won't be able to make it-- but have fun!
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
January 12 2014 03:59 GMT
#277
is that time right? i see 4am EST. regardless i won't be able to make it this week either D:
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
January 12 2014 05:02 GMT
#278
Thanks Greymist! was heaps of fun.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 12 2014 05:04 GMT
#279
Speaking of Greymist, AGDQ is running Chrono Trigger right now.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
GreYMisT
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States6736 Posts
January 12 2014 05:33 GMT
#280
You know im tuning in
"life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery" / Join TL Mafia! http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 281 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 527
BRAT_OK 69
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31430
Bisu 2703
Shuttle 1714
Hyuk 1027
EffOrt 817
Mini 786
Larva 413
Soma 383
ZerO 234
firebathero 225
[ Show more ]
hero 136
Sexy 58
sorry 50
Mong 44
PianO 44
Hyun 43
Pusan 36
Trap 36
ToSsGirL 32
Killer 25
Terrorterran 16
zelot 15
JulyZerg 14
Rock 13
Bale 11
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Gorgc9590
qojqva1675
Dendi977
Counter-Strike
fl0m2744
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1460
crisheroes1097
Liquid`Hasu625
Other Games
singsing2009
B2W.Neo1110
Beastyqt658
Mlord366
FrodaN269
Hui .226
Livibee178
Liquid`VortiX154
KnowMe114
ArmadaUGS111
Mew2King75
Trikslyr18
CosmosSc2 16
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 64
• StrangeGG 35
• mYiSmile125
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 7746
League of Legends
• Jankos1855
Other Games
• Shiphtur241
• WagamamaTV196
Upcoming Events
FEL
3m
AI Arena Tournament
1h 3m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 3m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 3m
INu's Battles
20h 3m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
23h 3m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Rush vs Light
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
1d 19h
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.