• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:38
CEST 04:38
KST 11:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8742 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 139

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 145 Next
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 03 2013 03:59 GMT
#2761
Original Message From GMarshal:
I don't see why not
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ng5CcUah6CB
and the undercover analyst is actually the second dragon.

Show nested quote +
Original Message From Chezinu:
Am I allowed obs as the undercover analyst?


What Does this mean??!!??
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 03 2013 04:04 GMT
#2762
The truth... I didn't really read the thread... so, I don't really have much post-analysis. I just did reactionary reads like I said. Based reads on breaking Chezinu Rule and contradictions in statements.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
December 03 2013 04:05 GMT
#2763
Fair enough i didn't read either :p
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
December 03 2013 04:06 GMT
#2764
@HF - all part of the grand plan. would have worked brilliantly if only i could catch scum.
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 03 2013 04:07 GMT
#2765
oh, I didn't really push for lynches because I was a replacement and didn't know why people were arguing. I was hoping someone like mocsta and thrawn (which they did) would read my reads.
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 03 2013 04:08 GMT
#2766
I wrote a TL;DR to my Onegu case that fit very well with the case. At least 2 players admitted that they did not read the case when I asked their feedback on it.

The point still stands that no one said why Onegu wasn't as good of a lynch besides "I get this town vibe from the last few posts" when that could be scum trying to save their hides.
No one said a bad thing about my Onegu case. No one tried to fault my logic. No one told me where I was wrong. That is why I was mad.

I wasn't mad because people weren't agreeing with me, I was made because they told me they agreed with me but they really didn't.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 03 2013 04:08 GMT
#2767
On December 03 2013 13:06 Bereft wrote:
@HF - all part of the grand plan. would have worked brilliantly if only i could catch scum.

It's ok cyborg, you just caught a robovirus in the hospital. You are still truly human. One day when you feel better, you can break out of that roboprison!
lol, clueless in The Prism!
Chezinu
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States7468 Posts
December 03 2013 04:10 GMT
#2768
On December 03 2013 13:08 cDgCorazon wrote:
I wrote a TL;DR to my Onegu case that fit very well with the case. At least 2 players admitted that they did not read the case when I asked their feedback on it.

The point still stands that no one said why Onegu wasn't as good of a lynch besides "I get this town vibe from the last few posts" when that could be scum trying to save their hides.
No one said a bad thing about my Onegu case. No one tried to fault my logic. No one told me where I was wrong. That is why I was mad.

I wasn't mad because people weren't agreeing with me, I was made because they told me they agreed with me but they really didn't.

If it makes you feel better, I didn't read the case or agreed with you. I did think Onegu was a better lynch than JJ. lol
lol, clueless in The Prism!
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 04:27:22
December 03 2013 04:16 GMT
#2769
I don't have much to say in short reaction to this game ending except that ALL of you could take some improving in your D1 and thread-atmosphere play. It's what killed this town. I don't blame people for being inactive when they get bullied left and right and called mafia from multiple directions.

Mostly, I read D1. I'm not exactly useful past that point in mafia games but I excel there. I'll give my thoughts overall on how the game got derailed and why once it was thus derailed I think town was in a position to never recover from.
Writer@WriterYamato
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
December 03 2013 04:26 GMT
#2770
ALL? bold words
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
December 03 2013 04:28 GMT
#2771
Of course yamato means everyone except me.
table for two on a tv tray
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 04:30:28
December 03 2013 04:28 GMT
#2772
On December 03 2013 13:26 Aquanim wrote:
ALL? bold words

Believe me, everyone could have played better than they did D1. In a majority lynch, every townie on the wagon is responsible for the mislynch. And even the ones not on the wagon, it's their responsibility to both argue down the townie wagon and propose a viable alternative lynch and make it convincing. Everyone.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 03 2013 04:29 GMT
#2773
On December 03 2013 13:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Of course yamato means everyone except me.

Very funny, rayn.

I'm most disappointed in you, I actually thought you were past this kind of play.
Writer@WriterYamato
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
December 03 2013 04:32 GMT
#2774
On December 03 2013 13:28 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 13:26 Aquanim wrote:
ALL? bold words

Believe me, everyone could have played better than they did D1. In a majority lynch, every townie on the wagon is responsible for the mislynch. And even the ones not on the wagon, it's their responsibility to both argue down the townie wagon and propose a viable alternative lynch and make it convincing. Everyone.

That's hard to do when all people can do for the last 12 hours is talking about Rayn. I was busy that day but even if I was in thread there wasn't much I could do to reverse the mob mentality.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
December 03 2013 04:35 GMT
#2775
Look, I take responsibility for my part in the Rayn lynch. I misread him and that's on me. But if you're generalising your points about bullying and shitting up town atmosphere to me, that I object to.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 04:35 GMT
#2776
Having read the ObsQT + ScumQT I have gone from bittersweet to pissed off about this game.

ohh well.

I disagree with Rayn on so many levels about this game and his comments in the ObsQT but in the end, hes entitled to his opinion and i won't be changing that any time soon. Will just have to agree to disagree.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do in situations like Onegu/Rayn as town.
Both guys I fluctuated in my reads and tried to offer them an olive branch, and they spit it back.
I suppose I am making an emotional connection by getting agitated by that gesture that I pursue them for lynch.
I also suppose the natural reaction is for scum to get off the noose, so the tell is more indicative of town.
I *really* didnt want to lynch Onegu that cycle, but he didnt want to join me with Sciberbia.
I *really* did want to lynch Rayn.
When he martryed; I had a 80/20 read on him (which he keeps harping on about)
after the mislynch comment (where I was genuinely considering him to be town) I thought he was town, and turned into a 100% policy lynch.
Rayns problem is that he assumes peoples comments are stagnant.. i.e. once its said, its said... maybe for him his process of thought flows like that.. but when I am town, I constantly re-evaluate information.



The one thign that really pissed me off this game was discussion about town atmosphere Day1.

The first half was perfect... we had all 3 scum down.
Thrawn nailed LoneMeow
I was all over Sciberbia
and Aqua started Rean
---> This was also evident in the ScumQT.

In one fell swoop this all disappeared. I am not going to blame individuals here because its pointless. Moreso, that was really frustrating to see. What started as a perfect game then denigrated to an abysmal mess culminating in a series of fake-claims that were intentionally planned off emotion not logic.




Quick notes on people to meet the brief of playing this game:
Rean - Managed to walk a fine line between new town / scummy during early game.
I do think if you didn't replace you would have been caught though. Hard to give suggestions with such low content.

thrawn2112 - Great early start. Started to fade out towards the end. I don't have any suggestions on what you could do to improve as you were direct with thoughts, but also listened to others with consideration.

JJD - You played like a quintessential 'worker' townie. I think the sudden drop in activity was your down fall. I don't really know what more you could have done other than be more present. I thought you played well in establishing your townieness.

Corazon - Nothing I can say here. Yes, you made it clear you were town vs scum and I suppose thats it. Your case on me was terrible, and it should not have taken Onegu being lynched to come to that realisation.

Rayn - I dunno what happened. You started off well and went off the rails. My thoughts at the time were pretty clear, I explained I couldn't follow how you went from Rean is scum to Rean is town. Further, when I voiced these concerns you refused to join me in conversation. I dont care what happened afterwards. As town, being right is not even 10% of winning a game. You have to find a lynch, and campaign the lynch and achieve buy-in. You did everything in your power to lose credibiliity and that is FACT.
Honestly if this game wasnt majority lynch, i would have let you live. But as I stated clearly in my filter (which you choose to ignore) I wanted you dead because I felt you would cause town to never consolidate. Whether that is right or wrong, can be discused now in post-game.

Aquanim - Really shaky start. Felt distant and emotionally disconnected - which as per the obsqt you were trying to achieve. Later on became more involved and obviously became town. I think if I hadn't played with you in newbies you would have been a strong town read for the majority of the game. Because I had played with you in the newbies, I had expectations of you trying to not necessarily lead the town; but at least be an independent voicing issues -- you did gravitate towards this eventually. I think its hard in your case: you are more an analyser so need content; but may not necessarily be a generator (like rayn / myself). But as town you want to be present to indicate you are keen. Hence you are present but not doing much -- which summates your early Day1 which you got called out scummy for.
Perhaps the best course of action is to be patient and wait for more content??

Onegu - I dunno what to say here either. I kept thinking you were town and everytime I gave you a chance you would throw it back at me. This is probably my fault more than yours because I should have realised that a tunneled townie is completely capable of this behaviour. I guess where I waivered was before your mislynch, where you were starting to not consider me as scum anymore.. and then once corazon posted his case, i became scum again. Again, my fault as that is plausible behaviuor for a tunneled town.. sigh

Holyflare - Good work buying time and good fake claim. It was obvious you were scum but I had the track record where I couldnt push for that lynch. Played the blazinghand role to a tee.

Sciberbia - Look you played well. Biggest thing I could say is to lift up activity end game as that really sold you as scum. I had lost too much credibility by that stage to push you though. Having said that, Corazons fake claim gave you too much free credibility as everyone (including from myself). I really think you gave yourself away early game with the attack on corazon though. Managed to settle in well-ish after though.

jampidampi - Nothing to say. I really thought my case on him was good. sigh

Chezinu - Did a great job of baiting a blue snipe. I dunno how I would rank him if he wasn't shot. I dont think I coudl walk away from not lynching him.
AxleGreaser
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia1154 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-26 03:04:03
December 03 2013 04:36 GMT
#2777
On December 03 2013 12:01 sciberbia wrote:
gg all

I was thinking about shooting Bereft on the last day to REALLY win in style but was gonna feel like an idiot if he was actually a vet.

Thanks hosts for a well-hosted game.


You did get protected by the doc twice that is pretty stylish.

Reading along with the game, while you were the weaker of my strong town reads D1,
{Thrawn, bereft, mocsta, and Aqua}
it was mainly due to paranoia which I have now redoubled.



Towards the end your lack of activity as a towny and desire to play and solve the game would have been telling, but the problem is TL towns lately say/do things like this

StrongTown Read playing a good game said: "This will be my last post until post-game. Yes, even if the game continues after Onegu."

(note: I am fully aware of the context of that I just needed quote showing actual townies,
I had strong town reads on peacing out.)

Thus in comparison it was little hard finding you as scum. That is however what the game is so that is what it is.




The point of the above is that while it is necessary to be strident and test and challenge probable(75%) townies, by doubting their towniness, just as Thrawn challenged Aqua D1, Aqua didnt take it personally in fact I believe he probably increased his town read on Thrawn for the (wrong but reality based)case on Aqua.
So while it is required that you kick the other townies tires, if with the players you are playing with the end result is they give up then theres a problem.

This is a team game, the really hard part as town is you have to work out how to be a team with other townies when
there is a base 1/4 chance each one of them is scum. While it necessary and required that you do youtr own thing to catch scum, pissing on everyone elses ability to catch scum by making the game less fun for them, or making up bullshit cases to see reactions, is risky way to play in that it is not real hard to wind up doing more harm than good to your own team.

some more coming here in mo...

edit: its self evident I imagine but this last section is not implying it was scib behavior that was too strong. Apart from anything it would have been scibs(scum PM) job to do that, and other townies(PM) job to not do that. One best reason other townies should not do that is so that scum cant do that without just getting lynched.
Axle(OnlySomeTheoriesToAbsurdToBeConsidered)Greaser
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
December 03 2013 04:38 GMT
#2778
On December 03 2013 13:28 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 13:26 Aquanim wrote:
ALL? bold words

Believe me, everyone could have played better than they did D1. In a majority lynch, every townie on the wagon is responsible for the mislynch. And even the ones not on the wagon, it's their responsibility to both argue down the townie wagon and propose a viable alternative lynch and make it convincing. Everyone.
But the mislynch was intentional.

Either way, Im curious to hear what you say after the read.

I would love some pointers on how to not come across as "changing mind" all the time; whilst, trying to move the thread forward with new ideas/content.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
December 03 2013 04:41 GMT
#2779
moc, why aren't i on your list?
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 03 2013 04:46 GMT
#2780
On December 03 2013 13:35 Aquanim wrote:
Look, I take responsibility for my part in the Rayn lynch. I misread him and that's on me. But if you're generalising your points about bullying and shitting up town atmosphere to me, that I object to.

In that respect, you played okay, but as Mocsta said, you had a weak early D1. Perhaps that is just how you play, but establishing that you are clearly town early is one of the most valuable things you can do as a player. I knew thrawn and Mocsta were town early on in the game just by how present and forward they were with their posts.

Thread atmosphere is a culmination of every player's tone, however, and I do think it takes someone to mediate between feuding players to keep the game from degenerating. My criticism here is that no one seems to do this anymore, they just let two players argue incessantly. Hapa is a great town player in this regard, he is quick to both de-tunnel himself in those situations if he is arguing, and to step in if two others are destroying the thread. Someone has to mitigate the negativity.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 137 138 139 140 141 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech135
RuFF_SC2 130
FoxeR 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1609
Shuttle 1409
Artosis 597
Dewaltoss 45
NaDa 26
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm181
LuMiX0
League of Legends
Doublelift3751
Counter-Strike
taco 537
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Other Games
summit1g7929
WinterStarcraft338
C9.Mang0288
ViBE98
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
20h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 7h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.