• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:37
CEST 00:37
KST 07:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8767 users

Fruity Mafia - Page 83

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 90 Next
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 18 2013 17:01 GMT
#1641
I don't know why I thought the scum were operating on a point-spending system. I usually just like to see everything displayed out in the OP. Not sure if that's something you would consider changing for people who are stupid such as myself.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-21 08:26:47
February 18 2013 17:01 GMT
#1642
On February 19 2013 02:00 HiroPro wrote:
I would have given gun dealer 1 shot personally. But I don't think it's a huge deal.


if he was roleblocked by scum it would have lasted for 72 hours, meaning he could be perpetually RBed.

However, he shot the scum RBer. Lol
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 17:04:13
February 18 2013 17:03 GMT
#1643
Oh, I didn't realize the rbs worked at day too. Ok that makes sense. 2 seems completely reasonable then.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 18 2013 17:03 GMT
#1644
Sandro, you a vet?
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 18 2013 17:06 GMT
#1645
I was =P. I thought that if I posted that shit about medics on syllo I was pretty much guaranteed to get shot.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 18 2013 17:07 GMT
#1646
Well I wanted to shoot syllo.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
February 18 2013 17:07 GMT
#1647
that's some pretty baren QTs =( Do you guys have the chat convos still?
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
February 18 2013 17:10 GMT
#1648
wow vivax and toad, you completely fooled me... like seriously...
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 18 2013 17:10 GMT
#1649
What's a parity cop
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
February 18 2013 17:13 GMT
#1650
I think it's to hard for scum to pull of dayvigs. And even as such you can only really shoot people who're potential mislynches.
1 kp is not enough in this setup and I'm a bit dissapointed you didn't see that as obvious bugs. Gun dealer is a powerfull role and even if you could argue that scum have a chance to aquire it we're back to "dayvigs are hard to use"

I could probably have played better but I had a very important exam today and with visiting a friend saturday and studying all sunday in between traveling so it was just awefull timing that I couldn't be more active when I apparently needed to be to not get dayvigged (something I did not see coming) I was planning to get back today and get into the lynch discussion.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
February 18 2013 17:14 GMT
#1651
Basically like this, don't know if I can share the PM post-game but it was used in British:

Each night you target someone, and you're told if the alignment of your target is the same or different as your previous target. Your N1 check doesn't return anything, but is necessary for your N2 check to work. You can't check yourself. Find and destroy the Rebels."

Doesn't tell you mafia/scum so you need at least two checks to know anything at all.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
February 18 2013 17:14 GMT
#1652
On February 19 2013 02:10 Vivax wrote:
What's a parity cop

he checks someone and then someone else, then he gets told if the second person have the same or different alignment from the first.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
February 18 2013 17:15 GMT
#1653
I think the main problem with the day vig is that once you see two different people with one, town will immediately start to suspect one of those is mafia. This is particularly the case after town realizes that mafia only has 1 night kp
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
February 18 2013 17:16 GMT
#1654
On February 19 2013 02:15 syllogism wrote:
I think the main problem with the day vig is that once you see two different people with one, town will immediately start to suspect one of those is mafia. This is particularly the case after town realizes that mafia only has 1 night kp


unless he shoots his teammate :D
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 17:19:07
February 18 2013 17:18 GMT
#1655
and toads play at the end of night1 was awesome. Really really awesome.
I was almost convinced that marv is town before that and i kept tunneling him to give us the guarantee to survive that night, since no scumteam shoots two townies that heavily fight each other.
Toads thing completely turned me around again... I mean marv recovered from that with his reasonable play during d2, but it was still an awesome move.
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
February 18 2013 17:19 GMT
#1656
On February 19 2013 02:18 Zessionar wrote:
and toads play at the end of night1 was awesome. Really really awesome.
I was almost convinced that marv is town before that and i kept tunneling him to give us the guarantee to survive that night, since no scumteam shoots two townies that heavily fight each other.
Toads thing completely turned me around again... I mean marv recovered from that with his reasonable play during d2, but it was still an awesome move.


best scummove i've seen so far.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
February 18 2013 17:20 GMT
#1657
On February 19 2013 02:13 risk.nuke wrote:
I think it's to hard for scum to pull of dayvigs. And even as such you can only really shoot people who're potential mislynches.
1 kp is not enough in this setup and I'm a bit dissapointed you didn't see that as obvious bugs. Gun dealer is a powerfull role and even if you could argue that scum have a chance to aquire it we're back to "dayvigs are hard to use"

I could probably have played better but I had a very important exam today and with visiting a friend saturday and studying all sunday in between traveling so it was just awefull timing that I couldn't be more active when I apparently needed to be to not get dayvigged (something I did not see coming) I was planning to get back today and get into the lynch discussion.


you speak from the perspective of fear.

Everything your team did was in fear of the potential ass raping you would get from town, so of course you ended up getting pummeled in the end.

The role distribution, the frame usage, the choice to delay the dayvig, the choice to let yamato die, basically everything reeked of "we're afraid of this town and we don't want to do anything too risky."

IMO it's a terrible way to play when you know you're up against capable town opponents. You need to stall and delay as long as possible so you can kill all of them.

On n1 you even lucked out a bit; it could have been worse. Imagine if grush had sent his action to me, or used it on sandro.

Also I highly disagree with you that dayvigis are hard for scum to use. I suggest you look up Some Mafia Game, in which GMarshal (I believe) on a smurf dayvigis someone d2 (I think it was iGrok) and just gets away with it like a boss.

The thing about dayvig KP is it has several key advantages, while obviously having the disadvantage of bringing attention to the user.

#1, it bypasses all protection except the vet role.
#2, it can be used at any time; so if you want to gamble you can simply shoot someone dead before they have any time to react. If Toad had been given the vig and shot marv on n1 I'm sure he would have gotten away with it.

A good mafia can even spin its use and the attention it draws into a plus. Townies will be more than willing to defend you on a shot that is even remotely reasonable, on the basis that no mafia is crazy enough to take such a ballsy risk.
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 17:23:35
February 18 2013 17:22 GMT
#1658
On February 19 2013 02:15 syllogism wrote:
I think the main problem with the day vig is that once you see two different people with one, town will immediately start to suspect one of those is mafia. This is particularly the case after town realizes that mafia only has 1 night kp


certainly possible.

The RNG made it a bit weird but if one of you or syllo had rolled scum and the gun was passed to you, that could have made things much different.

Obviously that's not how it went this game.

e:

also worst case scenario was that scum lost d3 assuming they didn't shoot themselves. Worst case for town was d3 IIRC as well. I didn't actually envision either of those things happening but clearly I was wrong :p
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 18 2013 17:25 GMT
#1659
On February 19 2013 02:19 Zessionar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 02:18 Zessionar wrote:
and toads play at the end of night1 was awesome. Really really awesome.
I was almost convinced that marv is town before that and i kept tunneling him to give us the guarantee to survive that night, since no scumteam shoots two townies that heavily fight each other.
Toads thing completely turned me around again... I mean marv recovered from that with his reasonable play during d2, but it was still an awesome move.


best scummove i've seen so far.


clearly not as he died the next day anyway
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
February 18 2013 17:28 GMT
#1660
You say a good mafia can spin it's use but it's more accurately dependent on a town that tolerates dayvigging a townie without solid reasoning.

And yeah, if you disregard what i joked about in the mafiachat clearly I played this game as if I were shaking in my boots.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Prev 1 81 82 83 84 85 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O164
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 503
ZZZero.O 164
Hyun 91
Dota 2
monkeys_forever302
League of Legends
Doublelift3734
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4531
Liquid`Hasu492
Other Games
summit1g13757
FrodaN1622
JimRising 332
KnowMe229
Livibee199
ViBE75
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick731
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• Adnapsc2 38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra772
Other Games
• imaqtpie1045
• Shiphtur568
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 23m
Patches Events
16h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 23m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.