• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:07
CEST 07:07
KST 14:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8373 users

Fruity Mafia - Page 84

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 90 Next
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
February 18 2013 17:29 GMT
#1661
On February 19 2013 02:25 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 02:19 Zessionar wrote:
On February 19 2013 02:18 Zessionar wrote:
and toads play at the end of night1 was awesome. Really really awesome.
I was almost convinced that marv is town before that and i kept tunneling him to give us the guarantee to survive that night, since no scumteam shoots two townies that heavily fight each other.
Toads thing completely turned me around again... I mean marv recovered from that with his reasonable play during d2, but it was still an awesome move.


best scummove i've seen so far.


clearly not as he died the next day anyway


come on! you got to give this man some credit :D
at one point, sandroba, syllo and I voted you - only because of that!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 17:31:32
February 18 2013 17:30 GMT
#1662
no, sand and syllo voted me for the risk associations.

edit: Clearly it was a good move, btw, as it was what gave me my only doubts about Toad. But for it to be properly brilliant, it has to work
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
February 18 2013 17:32 GMT
#1663
okay maybe :-D
but seriously... I didn't even reread d1 once (only n1) before the game ended... Things got out of hand fast...
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 18 2013 17:33 GMT
#1664
GG gents!
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 18 2013 17:33 GMT
#1665
next time don't ignore me when i'm pushing mafia day 1 <3
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
February 18 2013 17:36 GMT
#1666
Maybe mafia could have had their own gunsmith so they could have passed the gun to a townie with bad reads or their teammate, depending on circumstances
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
February 18 2013 17:38 GMT
#1667
... you voted me? :D
I didn't expect you to lynch me over yamato... at that point of the game i was really confused...
I voted scum, too btw :D
risk, yamato, yamato, you, vivax
:D but that was mostly just accidential
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 18 2013 17:39 GMT
#1668
i pushed vivax for hours

gg though, i bitch out of love
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
February 18 2013 17:41 GMT
#1669
On February 19 2013 02:36 syllogism wrote:
Maybe mafia could have had their own gunsmith so they could have passed the gun to a townie with bad reads or their teammate, depending on circumstances

Meh. I just think everything happened to go right for town.

If scum shot you night 1, then you would have tied and town would have lost both of those vig shots.. Had they roleblocked you, you wouldn't have been able to shoot. Etc/etc.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
February 18 2013 17:42 GMT
#1670
so do we nominate ourselves for the bestest town award?

i'm a bit annoyed i gave up on vivax so easily
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
February 18 2013 17:44 GMT
#1671
HAHAHAHA
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 18 2013 17:44 GMT
#1672
On February 19 2013 02:39 marvellosity wrote:
i pushed vivax for hours

gg though, i bitch out of love


Your reason for pushing me wasn't reliable imo. Given that I became less suspicious for posting more at the right timings, your scumread remained a temporary one based on your heuristic.
I should have just mentioned some excuse instead of giving that answer when you said I delurked.
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
February 18 2013 17:48 GMT
#1673
On February 19 2013 02:42 layabout wrote:
so do we nominate ourselves for the bestest town award?

i'm a bit annoyed i gave up on vivax so easily

The mafia team led the bus on their teammate day1. No town discussion.
+ Show Spoiler +
then throws away most of the cred they got by not participating in the crucial lynchdiscussion (wbg was right talking about fear but it just made them stick out all the more)

Town luck out on randomised veteran placement.
Then a dayvig shot another mafia. No town discussion.
Then the third mafia shoots the fourth mafia and concedes. Town discusses which townie to kill.

No you will probably not get a bestest town award despite flawless victory.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 17:52:39
February 18 2013 17:50 GMT
#1674
On February 19 2013 01:53 wherebugsgo wrote:
4. If anyone would like to discuss the Zessionar out-of-game threats or whatever now, feel free to do so. I do not intend to do anything about this but I am willing to entertain opinions about what classifies acceptable behavior with regard to out-of-game comments. I personally don't think he did anything wrong, but clearly there are some people who disagree with me.

Yes. I found his comments completely out of line and would consider not playing with him again for that reason. Mafia is a game in which the boundary between playing to win and just having as much of a good time as possible blur quickly. I've hosted a MTG Mafia game myself where I believe Marv and Acrofales got into a massive argument as the result of a tunnel that lasted too long. I didn't actually step in until one of the players pointed it out by PM, after which I realized that it had indeed gone too far. It's a very emotional game to play.

Calling players retards for not seeing you're town without providing arguments is something that creates an extremely hostile atmosphere, especially when you do it as often as supersoft has done in this game. Not only that, but actually going as far as using out of game threats (saying he wouldn't play with them anymore if they voted for him) is completely out of proportion. It furthermore has the problem that you either only say it as town and therefore indicate your alignment, or you're using grave threats and calling people moronic for things that are outright false.

Perhaps it's become standard in TL Mafia games, I don't know as I haven't participated in many recently, but the tenacity and ferocity of some of these wordings really got to me, and it was hard to contain myself not to just tunnel him for exactly that as I hate that kind of arrogant behaviour. It's really something you need to encounter before realizing how frustrating it can be to play with that, so I don't blame bugs for not taking action. I'm curious to hear the rest of you guys' thoughts on it.

Also, the lack of an apology, rather ignoring the issue and even calling it annoying ticked me off even further.
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
February 18 2013 17:50 GMT
#1675
i cannot claim a best townaward for me this game. That was my worst game ever :D
But I am never good d1-d2 :-/
Mattchew
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States5684 Posts
February 18 2013 17:51 GMT
#1676
Sorry for lack of activity and lack of vote ... I am having major family health issues right now and shouldn't have been in this game after they started... No excuses though, vivax was scum (looking at you syllo)
There is always tomorrow nshs.seal.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 18 2013 17:54 GMT
#1677
On February 19 2013 02:51 Mattchew wrote:
Sorry for lack of activity and lack of vote ... I am having major family health issues right now and shouldn't have been in this game after they started... No excuses though, vivax was scum (looking at you syllo)


i'm glad i was uneasy about killing you
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
February 18 2013 17:56 GMT
#1678
On February 19 2013 02:51 Mattchew wrote:
Sorry for lack of activity and lack of vote ... I am having major family health issues right now and shouldn't have been in this game after they started... No excuses though, vivax was scum (looking at you syllo)


hope everything goes well for your family and that everything is going alright.
Zessionar
Profile Joined February 2013
Azerbaijan178 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 18:14:51
February 18 2013 18:08 GMT
#1679
On February 19 2013 02:50 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 01:53 wherebugsgo wrote:
4. If anyone would like to discuss the Zessionar out-of-game threats or whatever now, feel free to do so. I do not intend to do anything about this but I am willing to entertain opinions about what classifies acceptable behavior with regard to out-of-game comments. I personally don't think he did anything wrong, but clearly there are some people who disagree with me.

Yes. I found his comments completely out of line and would consider not playing with him again for that reason. Mafia is a game in which the boundary between playing to win and just having as much of a good time as possible blur quickly. I've hosted a MTG Mafia game myself where I believe Marv and Acrofales got into a massive argument as the result of a tunnel that lasted too long. I didn't actually step in until one of the players pointed it out by PM, after which I realized that it had indeed gone too far. It's a very emotional game to play.

Calling players retards for not seeing you're town without providing arguments is something that creates an extremely hostile atmosphere, especially when you do it as often as supersoft has done in this game. Not only that, but actually going as far as using out of game threats (saying he wouldn't play with them anymore if they voted for him) is completely out of proportion. It furthermore has the problem that you either only say it as town and therefore indicate your alignment, or you're using grave threats and calling people moronic for things that are outright false.

Perhaps it's become standard in TL Mafia games, I don't know as I haven't participated in many recently, but the tenacity and ferocity of some of these wordings really got to me, and it was hard to contain myself not to just tunnel him for exactly that as I hate that kind of arrogant behaviour. It's really something you need to encounter before realizing how frustrating it can be to play with that, so I don't blame bugs for not taking action. I'm curious to hear the rest of you guys' thoughts on it.

Also, the lack of an apology, rather ignoring the issue and even calling it annoying ticked me off even further.


Everyone plays a role in these games and I play my role to win. My threat of never playing with anyone who votes me again was oviously not meant to be taken seriously. Especially regarding the scumplayers on that list, since it's their job to kill me. And therefor I won't apologize for that.

And if you agressively demand a warning over and over in the thread it is annoying. You were the one who couldnt distinguish ingame from out of game.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 18 2013 18:12 GMT
#1680
it's the kinda thing that pisses me off in game, but i get annoyed and post bad things in games too.

after the game it all kinda washes away and i don't care anymore.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 82 83 84 85 86 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4515
Leta 1631
Bale 58
Shine 29
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft604
Sick117
Mew2King33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush423
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 53m
Patches Events
9h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 53m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 53m
OSC
17h 53m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.