• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:41
CEST 20:41
KST 03:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12911 users

Fruity Mafia - Page 86

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 90 Next
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
February 18 2013 22:01 GMT
#1701
On February 19 2013 06:45 HiroPro wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=15769557

If VE can post a picture of himself eating a hat, I think marv can too.


didn't VE post a pants-on-head-retarded picture too?
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
February 18 2013 22:04 GMT
#1702
both, vivax and toad played good in my eyes.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 22:07:35
February 18 2013 22:06 GMT
#1703
On February 19 2013 06:57 Vivax wrote:
Dunno Toad, I felt pretty motivated to play the game despite the dark prospectives. I also think you're not giving me enough credit for my play.

I don't think you played in any way or form a good game at all. Noone did from our team. I think risked played a better game than you although he got shot earlier because dispite being shot / lynched earlier he played less against his team than you did.

You just look at the result, see you were the last one who died from team mafia and think that makes a good game...
And again, same goes for me. The only way to win this was to drag Yamato until lategame and I should not have bussed him d1...
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 18 2013 22:12 GMT
#1704
I tried to get people onto the zess wagon and mentioned reasons for risk being town @ syllo, so I don't see how I was playing against the team. I mean, you pushed yamato, then there's the post Oo mentioned where 2/3 of the people you mentioned as possible scum early were your own teammates lol.

Everyone except matt didn't want to lynch me before they knew I was vig and shot you anyway, so I'm not just looking at the end result.

But you've been behaving quite elitist from the start, acting like the uber-super players in qt and chat.
I can understand that given your experience, but it makes you look like an asshole and demotivates your own teammates, just don't act like it's all other people's fault and accept that this town has simply been very good and all of us could have been better.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 18 2013 22:17 GMT
#1705
On February 19 2013 07:04 supersoft wrote:
both, vivax and toad played good in my eyes.


Thanks dude, try to be less of a jerk as town maybe, I have to improve in that regard as well lol.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 22:26:59
February 18 2013 22:25 GMT
#1706
It has nothing to do with being elitist if I have to explain to you that what you say in the thread or in the chat is bullshit because you don't know that a dayvig is an entirely different role than a nightvig for example and keep telling us that you have to bus now because the real vig knows that "vig has to shoot by typing in the thread"...
It's just the same kind of stuff you did that grush usually does.

Yes you tried getting people onto Zess but again you have been one of the first to finger yamato. I bussed him out of nowhere really late, which was kind of hilarious that noone even realized. That's the difference. Don't finger your buddies early on if you know they can't stand it, bus them if you think not bussing them will make your team look even worse. I don't have a problem with you going after me or Risk because we both know what we're doing and how to deal with that kind of stuff and I don't have a problem with going after risk myself or him going after me for that reason but everytime someone mentioned Yamato early on you could see him screw up big time by the second, no matter how tiny the issue at hand was to begin with.

And again, yes I agree town played really well but at the same time we all played really bad, that includes myself and I said so 3 times now. Playing good as mafia involves making it hard for town to play good it's not just about how you yourself end up being perceived as. That's all I'm saying and I think you're thinking too highly of your play this game because you yourself looked somewhat decent later on.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 22:36:22
February 18 2013 22:27 GMT
#1707
On February 19 2013 07:17 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2013 07:04 supersoft wrote:
both, vivax and toad played good in my eyes.


Thanks dude, try to be less of a jerk as town maybe, I have to improve in that regard as well lol.


you drive me crazy with your stuff... you need to give me some freedom to make my lists and push my reads... If I am alive d3-d4, you really have to look into me...

As scum i think it really is a grave mistake to vote me on the early stages of the game... D1 was really bad for you because you pushed no other easy target like:

2. ObviousOne Filter
4. Mattchew Filter
7. HiroPro Filter
10. Hopeless1der Filter
11. Artanis[Xp] Filter
14. grush57 Filter

with a serious counterwagon on a weak target you could have saved yamato... I mean what do you expect... Do you think sandroba and syllogism kill me d1? If toad had voted for me, he could have aswell roleclaimed goon :-(

Toad made that mistake with marv aswell... I mean you almost succeeded to lynch me and/or to lynch marv... but you burned all your influence on us and didn't quite manage to get us lynched...
What do you expect us to do if you push us... I mean Marv and I probably had the largest filter of all players in that game... We were active as hell. It's not that easy to get us lynched if there is no real hard evidence against us...
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
February 18 2013 22:34 GMT
#1708
Meh, I don't want to keep arguing about this, but I feel you're being too negative about this game Toad. We played fine, although I have to complain about yamato's low activity and communication with the team and the bad luck we had when syllo decided to shoot nuke when he wasn't here.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 22:46:12
February 18 2013 22:43 GMT
#1709
On February 19 2013 07:34 Vivax wrote:
Meh, I don't want to keep arguing about this, but I feel you're being too negative about this game Toad. We played fine, although I have to complain about yamato's low activity and communication with the team and the bad luck we had when syllo decided to shoot nuke when he wasn't here.

yeah I guess. Keep in mind this game was really frustrating for me (like I said 10 times in my big post) so I'm still mad about this game and you probably shouldn't take everything too serious right now, that's just the way I am... Though I still think if there's 10 modconfirmed townies at the end of d1 it's mafias fault for letting that happen, which is what I was referring to when I said "playing mafia is not about how you end up being perceived as yourself".

You were the only one in our team who really tried to play the game, so that one's for sure going for you. Yamato wasn't playing at all and risk and I both only put mediocre amounts of effort into the game.

Edit: And I'm always negative postgame, everytime. It's just how this works on the internet. Everyone on TL has huge egos and thinks he's a genuis no matter if you're playing dota with people or mafia (ask eran, he's playing both as well :p) and people usually end up focussing on the good parts of a game, totally ignoring what they did wrong resulting in no learning experience.
I'm assuming I don't have to point out good stuff because people can figure that out themselves.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 18 2013 22:59 GMT
#1710
I was playing. There are large blocks of time that I legitimately cannot play because I am at work and one happened to be the latter third of day 1, so I got fucked while I had no chance to play.

The time I was here I did fine. At the time of my last post, Syllo was not wholly suspicious of me and while I had a lot of votes, Marv had pointed out how dumb they were. Something happened between then and me dying and I haven't even read the game since then to find out, because all I had to see in the chat was "we can't afford to bus again" and I knew what happened.

Yes, my scum game is weak. However, it was slightly improving, and I was active in the thread when I was here. I communicated my thoughts about the game when I could, but the times I could play were not aligned with many people but Super this game, so there was very little dialogue with me about what our plan was.

I figured we were up against a wall with this town, but it's unfair to blame me for what happened day 1.
Writer@WriterYamato
layabout
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom2600 Posts
February 18 2013 23:02 GMT
#1711
Toad you played really good.

I think your team was unlucky in that a lot a townies really did a good job looking town. Plus sandro being a vet is quite harsh given the low KP reminds me of kita being a hider in storm and However you have to realize that from town's perspective it was quite difficult to work out who the mafia are and there were not all that many confirmed townies.

Why didn't your team push me on day 1?
I wasn't doing much and sandro suspected me of being mafia iirc.
Be the Best You Can Be ! Play MAFIA II http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/ II Dragonsound Best Band
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
February 18 2013 23:07 GMT
#1712
I picked Super because he plays a little silly as town sometimes and town yamato generally picks people like him to focus on, especially day 1. Anti-town, veteran players are the bane of town yamato's existence. I know I played it terribly but the fact that I was under a microscope for a while from Syllo was difficult to handle.
Writer@WriterYamato
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18464 Posts
February 18 2013 23:09 GMT
#1713
Oh, this ended superfast and abruptly. Gratz town!

Marv looked terrible, but I found that his calm and collected reasoning out of the lynch made him look a lot better (I also had him slightly green due to his response to the claimed shot at night, but it didn't make up for betting on the wrong horse consistently). Marv: I'm glad you've learned how to deal with suspicion

I didn't have Toad down as scum. I had Vivax a fairly deep red in my book. Why, exactly, did the dayvig bus happen?

Yamato was not completely obvious to me, but I agreed with the case and he would've been my second scumread after Vivax D1. Risk didn't do enough to look townie: his town meta is far more in-your-face with pressure and reads. This is the umpteenth time he has been caught as scum for not doing anything useful.

Also, I presume scumteam was randomized? Seems slightly unfair from a qualitative player pov to have Vivax and Yamato, with Sandro and Syllo (and normally Marv) on town side.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 18 2013 23:12 GMT
#1714
I'd like to congratulate marv for not losing his cool this game. I don't know if it's because of the fact that respected vets were alive or what, but generally as town when marv gets run up he's all insults and condescension.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-18 23:16:31
February 18 2013 23:14 GMT
#1715
On February 19 2013 08:02 layabout wrote:
Toad you played really good.

I think your team was unlucky in that a lot a townies really did a good job looking town. Plus sandro being a vet is quite harsh given the low KP reminds me of kita being a hider in storm and However you have to realize that from town's perspective it was quite difficult to work out who the mafia are and there were not all that many confirmed townies.

Why didn't your team push me on day 1?
I wasn't doing much and sandro suspected me of being mafia iirc.


we were really screwed d1. If I remember correctly there were multiple people who had figured out 2 mafias already without a problem, no matter if with proper reasoning or not, if people push it and you die that's still a dead mafia.
Remember the case Artanis did on me? It was based on me wrting walls of texts, which was supposed to make me mafia, which isn't the case. I mean sure he was right after all but I do those posts no matter of alignment.

We needed a reshuffle imo and bussing Yamato thus making me look good, making Supersoft good who was kind of helping us d1, making marv look bad, making grush and all the other lurkers look bad was the best way to achieve that imo.
Honestly speaking I'd say a no-lynch would have been worse for our team than a Yamato lynch because with that we would have half of the town still willing to lynch me, half of the town still willing to lynch Yamato, half of the town still willing to lynch into either of risk or Vivax combined. I didn't want to go in the night like that.

Getting you lynched would not have given us that chaos that made Syllo, Sandro, you, Supersoft and Marv question most of their / your reads. Artanis being the gun-dude completly ruined that because Syllo was able to clear the situation before the next lynch happened.
Yes with the knowledge of Sandro being a VET and / or the knowledge of Syllo getting 2 guns I would have in no way or form ever tried to bus Yamato and would have done everything in my power to get someone like you or Zess lynched, sadly I did not know that
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Hopeless1der
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5836 Posts
February 18 2013 23:51 GMT
#1716
On February 19 2013 08:09 Acrofales wrote:
Oh, this ended superfast and abruptly. Gratz town!

Marv looked terrible, but I found that his calm and collected reasoning out of the lynch made him look a lot better (I also had him slightly green due to his response to the claimed shot at night, but it didn't make up for betting on the wrong horse consistently). Marv: I'm glad you've learned how to deal with suspicion

I didn't have Toad down as scum. I had Vivax a fairly deep red in my book. Why, exactly, did the dayvig bus happen?

Yamato was not completely obvious to me, but I agreed with the case and he would've been my second scumread after Vivax D1. Risk didn't do enough to look townie: his town meta is far more in-your-face with pressure and reads. This is the umpteenth time he has been caught as scum for not doing anything useful.

Also, I presume scumteam was randomized? Seems slightly unfair from a qualitative player pov to have Vivax and Yamato, with Sandro and Syllo (and normally Marv) on town side.

Last bit made me giggle
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 18 2013 23:53 GMT
#1717
Toad you're supposed to be legendary with me. How you gonna let something like skill-balance get you down?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-19 00:01:04
February 18 2013 23:59 GMT
#1718
On February 19 2013 08:09 Acrofales wrote:
Oh, this ended superfast and abruptly. Gratz town!

Marv looked terrible, but I found that his calm and collected reasoning out of the lynch made him look a lot better (I also had him slightly green due to his response to the claimed shot at night, but it didn't make up for betting on the wrong horse consistently). Marv: I'm glad you've learned how to deal with suspicion

I didn't have Toad down as scum. I had Vivax a fairly deep red in my book. Why, exactly, did the dayvig bus happen?

Yamato was not completely obvious to me, but I agreed with the case and he would've been my second scumread after Vivax D1. Risk didn't do enough to look townie: his town meta is far more in-your-face with pressure and reads. This is the umpteenth time he has been caught as scum for not doing anything useful.

Also, I presume scumteam was randomized? Seems slightly unfair from a qualitative player pov to have Vivax and Yamato, with Sandro and Syllo (and normally Marv) on town side.


to the bold: well i got unlucky. but vivax was my push day 1 and toad day 2, so it was quite decent really ^^

edit: srsly, wtf "normally marv" :< if town had sheeped me like normal i'd have lynched mafia day 1 and 2
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 19 2013 00:12 GMT
#1719
On February 19 2013 08:12 VisceraEyes wrote:
I'd like to congratulate marv for not losing his cool this game. I don't know if it's because of the fact that respected vets were alive or what, but generally as town when marv gets run up he's all insults and condescension.


it's called resignation. if sandroba and syllogism want you dead, then you dead.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 19 2013 00:15 GMT
#1720
Ah...and here I thought maybe you were trying out a nicer style of play. Silly me.

LUV U BBYGRL
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 84 85 86 87 88 90 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1155
TKL 424
IndyStarCraft 316
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1155
ByuN 451
TKL 424
IndyStarCraft 316
Reynor 185
BRAT_OK 68
EmSc Tv 9
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 31323
Calm 2643
Shuttle 380
Mini 156
White-Ra 130
firebathero 105
Mong 61
scan(afreeca) 17
soO 17
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc9232
Counter-Strike
fl0m2606
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3589
Liquid`Hasu523
MindelVK5
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2386
FrodaN1590
B2W.Neo744
olofmeister684
Khaldor510
Beastyqt244
Livibee175
crisheroes170
Mew2King71
ToD53
kaitlyn37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick435
BasetradeTV203
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 9
EmSc2Tv 9
angryscii 1
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 37
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 5
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach64
• blackmanpl 19
• Azhi_Dahaki16
• 80smullet 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV619
Other Games
• imaqtpie1060
• Shiphtur684
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
BSL Open Qualifier
19m
OSC
4h 19m
Replay Cast
4h 19m
OSC
17h 19m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.