• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:17
CEST 04:17
KST 11:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8810 users

Every man for himself Mafia - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 Next All
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 13 2013 22:24 GMT
#861
On January 14 2013 07:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
It's not a terrible plan, but yeah since you were my target, no can do.
Your plan also made you quite clearly pgo which was quite a pain for me.


Well yeah, that meant that no matter who of the other 2 townies your target was, I just tell them "visit me", instead of trying to find out who's the real PGO.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-13 22:32:31
January 13 2013 22:30 GMT
#862
On January 14 2013 07:24 gonzaw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 07:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
It's not a terrible plan, but yeah since you were my target, no can do.
Your plan also made you quite clearly pgo which was quite a pain for me.


Well yeah, that meant that no matter who of the other 2 townies your target was, I just tell them "visit me", instead of trying to find out who's the real PGO.

it's actually only a 33% chance and not 66% because even with the lyncher turned into a VT you can't win once 4 player scenario is reached. The only way for you to win as town + lyncher is for mafia to shoot the 1 specific guy n1 (let's just call the night with the first death n1).

So it really was gg unless I shoot the jester (why should I...) and it wasn't possible for town to win. If his target was one of medic / shrink you'd have to lynch me in the 5 player scenario, which is still incredibly hard to do, just look at how many people thought I was mafia endgame...

I mean your plan revolves around the lynchers target suiciding which can't work because it will automatically bring you to 4 player set-up unless you get INCREDIBLY lucky and the mafia accidently targets the same game.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 00:16:57
January 14 2013 00:14 GMT
#863
On January 14 2013 07:30 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2013 07:24 gonzaw wrote:
On January 14 2013 07:06 Clarity_nl wrote:
It's not a terrible plan, but yeah since you were my target, no can do.
Your plan also made you quite clearly pgo which was quite a pain for me.


Well yeah, that meant that no matter who of the other 2 townies your target was, I just tell them "visit me", instead of trying to find out who's the real PGO.

it's actually only a 33% chance and not 66% because even with the lyncher turned into a VT you can't win once 4 player scenario is reached. The only way for you to win as town + lyncher is for mafia to shoot the 1 specific guy n1 (let's just call the night with the first death n1).

So it really was gg unless I shoot the jester (why should I...) and it wasn't possible for town to win. If his target was one of medic / shrink you'd have to lynch me in the 5 player scenario, which is still incredibly hard to do, just look at how many people thought I was mafia endgame...

I mean your plan revolves around the lynchers target suiciding which can't work because it will automatically bring you to 4 player set-up unless you get INCREDIBLY lucky and the mafia accidently targets the same game.


If the lyncher target is shrink, the medic can save your shot or you can shoot the PGO, or you can shoot the shrink
If the medic was his target, then the shrink can save your conversion, or you can shoot the shrink

You sure all of that amounts to 33%?

Let's see. First, let's assume you wouldn't know who is who (i.e you aren't sure who of Clarity/me/Dandel/iamp is jester/lyncher).
Let's imagine X is your chance to shoot someone instead of converting (also let's assume you convert and don't shoot at the same time), Y is your chance to convert, and 1-X-Y your chance to not do anything (hold your shot)
The chance of the lyncher target being medic/shrink is 50% (assuming it's not jester).

If you convert:
So you convert with chance Y, in which case you have 1/4th chance to convert anyone in particular.
If lyncher target is medic: shrink WILL save himself (not the PGO since he dies). You have thus 1/4th chances to convert the PGO, the only role you can convert to try to win in this scenario (can't convert medic because he dies, can't convert jester because why the hell would you? you lose anyways, can't convert shrink because he shrinked himself). This means we have 1/2*3/4 chances of "winning"
If lyncher target is shrink: Shrink will save PGO of course. This means you can ONLY convert the medic (can't convert PGO because he's shrinked, can't convert shrink because he's dying). Again, 1/2*3/4 chances

So the chances for us to win if you convert someone are 3/4

If you shoot:
You have X chance to shoot. Again, let's assume you shoot randomly. You have 1/4th chance to shoot a target in particular.
If lyncher target is medic: Then if you shoot the jester we win, if you shoot the medic nothing happens and we win, if you shoot PGO you die, if you shoot shrink then we "lose". That's 1*1/4+1*1/4+1*1/4+0*1/4=3/4. Therefore it's 1/2*3/4
If lyncher target is shrink: Then if you shoot the jester we win, if you shoot the medic we "lose", if you shoot the shrink nothing happens and we win, if you shoot PGO we win. That's 1*1/4+0*1/4+1*1/4+1*1/4. Exactly the same as before, 1/2*3/4

So the chances we win if you shoot someone are 3/4

If you don't do shit:
You don't do shit, so no matter what happens next day is 3 townies vs you vs jester we win.

Thus the chances we win if you don't do anything is 1

So the chances we win are P(we win)=3/4*(X+Y)+1-X-Y= 1-1/4(X+Y)

If you WILL do something, then X+Y=1, thus P(we win)=1-1/4*1 = 3/4

Since we assumed that the lyncher's target was not me (and assuming it couldn't be the jester for balancing reasons), then P(we win)=2/3*3/4 which is 50%.

Maybe not as high as 66%, but at least higher than 33%.
I guess you could say you would not "shoot randomly". Well, even if we assume you leave the jester out of everything (i.e you won't shoot nor convert the jester if you know who he is), then it's 44%

That honestly feels way more than the chances town had in this game initially.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 03:35:16
January 14 2013 03:33 GMT
#864
I obviously was only referring to the "If you know all roles or at least all important ones you have a 1/3 chance to hit the lynchers target because you're shooting into shrink or medic and one out of those 3 townies has to be the target" given the sitaution we had, nothing more :p

I know everyone's role besides confusing shrink and lyncher but that didn't matter, I knew I had the medic support so all that stuff didn't matter and I knew I can't hit the PGO. It literally only had a 33% chance because I can freely kill any one out of you guys and it's about wether or not that guy is the target.

If he is it's possible to lynch in a 5 player scenario. If it's not the game is won for mafia in the 5 player scenario like it should have been without massive town retardation...
In 4 player scenarios it doesn't matter because worst case scenario is 2 townies (no matter who you shoot) vs jester vs mafia which isn't possible for anyone to win besides mafia + jester.

Obviously randomly shooting would be stupid. You can't shoot before you're 100% certain who the PGO and Jester are as mafia and if you know that that all doesn't matter anymore. But there was also no way for you to know that I guess.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 14 2013 04:21 GMT
#865
When I made that plan I didn't know you already knew every single role lol

I thought everybody was as in the black as me lol
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
January 14 2013 05:10 GMT
#866
Which is why the game was probably less enjoyable for you
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 14 2013 05:25 GMT
#867
Well, at least I could fuck up you and Toad's game in the end >_> <_<
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
January 14 2013 07:02 GMT
#868
On January 07 2013 22:13 Palmar wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +



This space is intentonally left blank?
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
January 14 2013 07:16 GMT
#869
I have never seen that space filled. I think it's some kind of inside joke.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 14 2013 07:25 GMT
#870
It's a satire of the TL culture
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 14 2013 12:03 GMT
#871
I update it in my games!
tryhard mode - engaged
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
January 14 2013 12:14 GMT
#872
Tryhard hosts are the best hosts. If the OP isn't updated with flips and filters I go insane.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
JieXian
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Malaysia4677 Posts
January 14 2013 15:06 GMT
#873
amazing how the page number doubled in 1 day lol

to me this themed game was some serious liar game shit.

Loved it (should have loved it even more)
Please send me a PM of any song you like that I most probably never heard of! I am looking for people to chat about writing and producing music | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noD-bsOcxuU |
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 14 2013 19:59 GMT
#874
Hey Palmar, any thoughts/analysis of this game?

Or were you just as lost as I was?
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 14 2013 20:12 GMT
#875
On January 15 2013 04:59 gonzaw wrote:
Hey Palmar, any thoughts/analysis of this game?

Or were you just as lost as I was?


Without full details of what went on in PMs I cannot really say much.

I do think the idea of "town has x chance of winning" is somewhat flawed, since most people wouldn't be aiming to win as town anyway.

And I still haven't found the time to sit down and actually put my thoughts into a nice big post, been very busy lately.
Computer says mafia
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 14 2013 20:29 GMT
#876
Yeah, PM games have that thing. There should be a way for the host gets a log of all PMs between players of that game
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
January 14 2013 20:33 GMT
#877
I can dig out my logs if others are willing, maybe it'll tell a neat story, dno
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-14 20:41:52
January 14 2013 20:39 GMT
#878
it's so much to do

I've got like 3 pages of pm's from this game.

Edit: Actually it's 4.5 pages of received pm's... not counting the ones I send and I'm pretty sure I send more
Edit2: And on top of that all the german logs with JieXiann. Pretty sure I talked more with him than anybody else
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
January 14 2013 20:45 GMT
#879
Yeah I have spanish logs with Jiexian as well. There's no way in hell I'll go through the trouble of translating them to post them here lol
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
January 14 2013 20:47 GMT
#880
I'm waaaay too lazy to dig that stuff up, esp. since there are non-game PMs in that timeframe too, so I'd have to actually think about what I'm doing.
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 130
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 412
NaDa 40
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm235
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g9653
JimRising 695
WinterStarcraft194
ViBE142
Mew2King89
ArmadaUGS52
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1439
BasetradeTV234
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 115
• davetesta49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 44m
INu's Battles
9h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
12h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 44m
Replay Cast
20h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 8h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.