• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:00
CEST 08:00
KST 15:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7944 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXXV - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 59 Next
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 05:51 GMT
#641
On January 15 2013 03:32 zebezt wrote:
PS: don't worry I'll post more later.


Any ETA on that?

I get it, you don't want to ignore benched players. So, why do you think laguerta is more scummy than some of the more active / not-benched players? Care to elaborate instead of citing his weird voting pattern (which is weird, but that can't be all, or?).

What are your thoughts on Trot? Do you think he is scum? And why / why not?
Liquipedia
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 05:59 GMT
#642
On January 15 2013 13:03 Spaghetticus wrote:
@Zare and Shz
This is not a town read of petty scale. I will defend this read, and I want people to know that it is pointless attacking Omni while I am around. I am not someone known for my confidence in my reads, this one I am dead certain of. There is no way that Omni would throw away three compromised town games in order to appear town to someone that he did not know would be in the game. Meta-reads in newbies are generally garbage, but this has mitigating circumstances. I don’t care if you decide not to treat him as confirmed town, I just don’t want anyone wasting their time attacking him.


On January 15 2013 14:02 Spaghetticus wrote:
...Scum teams are never so bold as to confirm each other town off meta-reads. It's not worth it when you do the risk-reward maths. Even with people like me going and telling you that scum would not do it, it's still not worth it for scum to do it.

Feel free to suspect me, but please stop looking to solve the game in one glorious glance of insight before a single red-flip. Such a feat speaks more of phenomenal luck than talent, and the pursuit of such an objective inhibits useful scum-hunting methods and clogs up the thread.


You agree with all arguments against such a play, and you still do it. We should ignore that, ignore Omni, and just move on without any questions asked? Why? Because you are Mr. Mafia? Way to jerk-off to your own ego.

But whatever, there are better targets out there atm, but I hope you get bored jerking-off soon.
Liquipedia
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 06:10 GMT
#643
On January 15 2013 03:40 zebezt wrote:
Seeing how Oats actually voted for so many different people.. I dont know if that is actually scummy. If I were scum I wouldnt wanna antagonize so many people and just wait until I could bandwagon one or two players.


At the moment you are going down the path you described as scummy. You have like one scum-read (Sno) but didn't follow it up, instead the last posts were either fluff, false-promisies, and asking to not ignoe benched players.

If you are not sure where to start, you can always do a complete collection of comments to each of the living players. If not, just ask away and we will find things for you to give your opinion on.
Liquipedia
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 06:12 GMT
#644
@Shz
Since you are here... and zarepath isnt.. and Sn0_Man is M.I.A.

I would like your thoughts on my case regarding zarepath character

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=391615&currentpage=32#622
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 06:17 GMT
#645
@Shz
On January 15 2013 09:10 Mocsta wrote:
(1) I was roleblocked...


Since you are one of the few who is actively trying to fit the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together.

What do you make of this action?

Personally I thought I would be higher chance for the NK than RB, so I don't know what to make of it.
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 06:27 GMT
#646
On January 15 2013 15:12 Mocsta wrote:
@Shz
Since you are here... and zarepath isnt.. and Sn0_Man is M.I.A.

I would like your thoughts on my case regarding zarepath character

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=391615&currentpage=32#622


The town-road on Oats could also be town-motivated.

But for the rest, I think you are onto something there, and he really needs to actually contribute instead of posting without anything that helps, let it be pressure or laying down cases.
I would also like for him to explain why he hasn't done much helpful while being present and reading everything.
Liquipedia
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 06:33 GMT
#647
On January 15 2013 15:17 Mocsta wrote:
@Shz
Show nested quote +
On January 15 2013 09:10 Mocsta wrote:
(1) I was roleblocked...


Since you are one of the few who is actively trying to fit the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together.

What do you make of this action?

Personally I thought I would be higher chance for the NK than RB, so I don't know what to make of it.


Of course you would see yourself NK'ed, but we had that topic already.

It's hard for scum and town to actually draw many conclusions of which player has which role, other than basic alignment. So I think that it is totally possible to just RB an active player. If scum saw Oats as a better NK, they could just RB their second priority.

I think the much better question is, why Oats was NK'ed?
Liquipedia
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 06:36 GMT
#648
This of course means, that Oats was NK'ed by mafia, but for now we should work with the reasoning that Oats Vigi'ed glurio, and scum NK'ed Oats.
Liquipedia
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 06:37 GMT
#649
Mocsta wrote:
@Trotske
Spaghetticus identified you as as a low post count, low quality contributer.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=391615&currentpage=29#570

You have reciprocated by saying he is only targetting lurkers, and therefore he is a cause for concern.

Why would this behaviour be scummy motivated?

On January 15 2013 12:15 Trotske wrote:
It is cause for concern when the only scum hunting he has done is point out that lurkers are bad.


@Trotske
I hope we are just having communication breakdown here; as you did not address my question.

Im not asking why it is a cause for concern.

Im asking you to explain why the behaviour that YOU have identified is scummy motivated.

I do not think what you have provided so far is a sufficient response.
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 06:43 GMT
#650
Anyone else lurking atm?
Liquipedia
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 06:44 GMT
#651
On January 15 2013 15:36 shz wrote:
This of course means, that Oats was NK'ed by mafia, but for now we should work with the reasoning that Oats Vigi'ed glurio, and scum NK'ed Oats.


I agree with this logic. There is no point making association cases (i.e. he whose name must not be spoken)


Well my thoughts on the matter are

2 situations seem likely

(1) Oats accused a MULTITUDE of people.. Perhaps one or more of those targets were scum. They may have killed him because he was close to finding them? He is quite an in-your-face pressure player, so it may have made scum uncomfortable enough to NK?

&

(2) Oats was one of 3 players Night 1 that had more than 2 pages of filter. Like you said, they perhaps decided to Kill an active player, and RB the other active player?


Im guessing my RB then has more to do with (2).. If its hard enough to get a scum read with the considerable amount of low post/low quality filters.. i assume its even more difficult to figure out blue roles.

But the NK makes more sense to me with (1).. Perhaps it was a combination of both?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 06:48 GMT
#652
On January 15 2013 15:33 shz wrote:
It's hard for scum and town to actually draw many conclusions of which player has which role, other than basic alignment. So I think that it is totally possible to just RB an active player. If scum saw Oats as a better NK, they could just RB their second priority.


I just had a thought. Nobody else has claimed an RB (yet).. How do we even know scum has an RB?

Do you think from Night 1, Town RB would target me?




This definitely makes me think.. Oats votes went to a mafia.. im going to tally his votes.. BRB
shz
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany2687 Posts
January 15 2013 06:57 GMT
#653
The question is what is a good NK for scum?
Someone who is on the right way to find then? This could also mean that town will do what you are doing now, looking through his filters and votes to see who he thought was scum. The other possibility is to cause confusion and chaos and stop the scum hunting. But for now I would expect the first.

I would wait a little more until everybody had the chance to claim RB. It is also possible that both (if present) RB'ed you.

Yes, I think an town RB could have RB'ed you too. It's not like you weren't challenged in the last days.
Liquipedia
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 07:00 GMT
#654
On January 13 2013 08:58 Oatsmaster wrote:
##Vote: Mocsta

##Vote: bringaniga

##Vote: Mandalor

##Vote: laguerta

##Vote zebezt


(1)
Mocsta - This can be discounted. We were both pressuring each other, and he got over emotional and turned suspicion into a vote.

(2)
Bringaniga - Complete troll. Who knows if town or scum. Spaghetticus has replaced him. I am still waiting for more before making a decision on alignment. However, him having the confidence to call out my play so directly, I guess suggests he has the interests of town at heart.

(3)
Mandalor - Confirmed townie.

(4)
La Guerta - The consensus seems to be bad townie.. probably bored as well hence the modkill. Should pressure heavily once the replacement kicks in.

(5)
zebezt - Has recently been dodging questions; even when promising to get back to us.. Im starting to think zebezt is a reasonable candidate to have felt intimidated by the pressure from Oatsmaster.

zebezt
Profile Joined August 2011
185 Posts
January 15 2013 07:18 GMT
#655
Hey guys,
good morning.
I thought I addressed most of the questions.
I think the only complaint against me that stands up is that I could do more to pressure people. I agree on that.
I've tried to ask sn0 a question, but he just ignores it. My other top scumread with Oats gone is laguerta. He is even more lurky then sn0 though. I will do some more in depth reading tonight.
Last night I was hoping to post more, but a new years reception left me in a bad state for deep thinking.

Anywayz, if you have any questions for me, besides the fact that I don't pressure enough (I'll try to improve on that) then please let me know.
zebezt
Profile Joined August 2011
185 Posts
January 15 2013 07:24 GMT
#656
On January 15 2013 16:00 Mocsta wrote:

(1)
Mocsta - This can be discounted. We were both pressuring each other, and he got over emotional and turned suspicion into a vote.



Nice way to discount yourself there

I suspect his vote on me had something to do with me calling his play idiotic as well...

Anyway, Oats' death comes as a bit of a surprise to me. If I was scum I would try to get rid of the most influential townies. You fit this bill much more than Oats. The fact that you didn't get NK'ed makes you look suspicious
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 07:26 GMT
#657
@zebezt
Why have you shifted your top scum read from an active lurky player to a modkilled (lurky) player?

I know you don't like to pressure, but, this is taking things too far...

What has Sn0_Man done to make you think he is not suspicious anymore? Do you think your motives for this behaviour can be read as scum motivated?

P.S.
On January 13 2013 03:36 zebezt wrote:
With some luck there is a vigilante or SK that can kill of the lurkers for us :D
...

Looks like you got your wish.

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
January 15 2013 07:40 GMT
#658
On January 15 2013 16:24 zebezt wrote:
If I was scum I would try to get rid of the most influential townies. You fit this bill much more than Oats. The fact that you didn't get NK'ed makes you look suspicious

Influential? I have been called for my play by almost everyone in this thread (lurkers and actives). I even said today I have to take a step back.

Did you not read this from my prime interrogator.
On January 15 2013 15:57 shz wrote:
It's not like you weren't challenged in the last days.


(1) Your are dodging others questions; people like Shz have already re-asked you the questions. I think even Mr. King of lurkers (Acid~) wasted one of his few posts to re-ask you questions.

Your response: i thought I answered it all.. are you not reading the thread?

(2) You then say I am influential.. as if the events of Night 1 didnt happen. Are you not reading the thread.. again?
If you haven't, this is very reckless accusations to be making; something I would think only scum would be motivated to do..

(3) I was RB'd.. its not clear whether town or scum.. but as noone else has stepped up to say they were RB'd. I am going to assume for the time being it was scum.

(4) The difference between you & (Shz/Myself) is.. we were considering different options for why Oats was killed.

You however just assume.. if I would do it.. scum would do it.... WHOAH wait a sec.. if you were scum then of course you could speak with confidence like that.

This is a huge concern to me. Please explain how this is town motivated thing to say?

zebezt
Profile Joined August 2011
185 Posts
January 15 2013 08:05 GMT
#659
On January 15 2013 16:26 Mocsta wrote:
@zebezt
Why have you shifted your top scum read from an active lurky player to a modkilled (lurky) player?

I know you don't like to pressure, but, this is taking things too far...

What has Sn0_Man done to make you think he is not suspicious anymore? Do you think your motives for this behaviour can be read as scum motivated?

P.S.
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2013 03:36 zebezt wrote:
With some luck there is a vigilante or SK that can kill of the lurkers for us :D
...

Looks like you got your wish.



1: I'm sorry, do you mean my top scum read was bringaniga? I don't think I ever said anything like that. In fact I never said he looked scummy at all iirc. His playstyle made him unreadable and it was annoying. I merely mentioned him as someone I would vote for. This was my way of putting some extra pressure on him.

2: Sn0_Man has not done much to make him less suspicious. My original beef with him still stands and he hasnt answered my question about his behaviour. Only good thing is that he is slightly less lurky right now. He is making some soft town claims, but those don't mean much.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
January 15 2013 08:22 GMT
#660
GG everyone.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 59 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft747
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 595
Stork 252
ggaemo 221
Leta 155
PianO 55
Hyuk 30
Bale 18
yabsab 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Reynor59
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King223
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0312
PiGStarcraft186
Sick155
ArmadaUGS51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2232
League of Legends
• Lourlo1328
• Stunt416
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h
Online Event
5h
FEL
10h
AI Arena Tournament
11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.