• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8230 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 29

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 384 Next
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 08:43 GMT
#561
On November 21 2012 17:31 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:27 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:19 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:17 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:09 Toadesstern wrote:
This Keirathi guy is mafia.
Not because of what he's saying but because of what he's failing to provide: Reasoning as to why he'd post what he did so far.
There's simply no reason to get out here and tell people he's planning to heavily focus on reading one guy. Best case scenario is him being pointless, worst case scenario is him trying to look good by providing "something" while actually being pointless. I'd say we've got someone who's trying to get a cheap backdoor exit early on.

Really? I'm scum because the people I would be most willing to vote as leader are the people I'm most familiar with? Don't be ridiculous.

no you're scum for pointing that out. That's a important difference.

No, you're being dumb.

I've played lots of games with marv, iamperfection, S&B, risk.nuke, Z-BosoN, etc. I 100% trust my ability to read them better than I trust my ability to read you or syllo or sandro, whom I've never played with. When it comes down to time for me to vote, I'm going to think "Ok, sandro might be town, and he's getting a lot of votes. But, I'm much more sure that marv is town because I'm way more familiar with how he plays. It makes sense for me to vote him." Plain and simple. If that makes me scum, then tough titties.

And yet you still haven't understood what I'm saying.
I'm not saying your reasoning is stupid. If you feel that way fine although I'd hope that you have more than just one guy you feel comfortable to read... I mean you just mentioned a bunch of people, yet you only mentioned Marv earlier, didn't you?

The issue is that you get in here telling us about that.

You're right, I guess I don't understand. How is explaining how I plan to use my vote scummy?

As far as mostly talking about reading marv (at one point, I did mention that there were other people I was comfortable reading if I don't feel like marv should be elected party leader), its because even though I feel like I have a grasp on how to read them, I don't think they'll be likely party leader candidates. No matter how strong of a town read I have on, say, iamperfection, its just pretty damn unlikely that he gets elected as party leader day 1 when there are vets "running" for the position that most of the game is willing to sheep.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
November 21 2012 08:46 GMT
#562
I'm not sure what I think of him (dienosore) at this point, but he seems like the kind of person us two wouldn't have a confident read early on, so I'm surprised that you would name him. Overall I find your activity and early attitude promising, but I'm not as confident as I would like about your alignment so far.
goodkarma
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1067 Posts
November 21 2012 08:50 GMT
#563
Nice to play with you again Toadesstern . There were a few things you mentioned I would like to briefly touch up on and then I'm really going to bed...

On November 21 2012 17:09 Toadesstern wrote:
This Keirathi guy is mafia.
Not because of what he's saying but because of what he's failing to provide: Reasoning as to why he'd post what he did so far.
There's simply no reason to get out here and tell people he's planning to heavily focus on reading one guy. Best case scenario is him being pointless, worst case scenario is him trying to look good by providing "something" while actually being pointless. I'd say we've got someone who's trying to get a cheap backdoor exit early on.

That being said I plan on becomming leader d1. Vote for me please :3

I plan on sending people I trust to be town. Especially my townreads are pretty awesome and I have an easy time picking up townreads early on so I'd say this job is the right job for me.
That being said I will not send people some kind of "majority" thinks I should send. I will send people I myself consider to be town and nothing else. That probably sounds stupid to those people who are new to this game but that's how these things are going.

Don't listen to people telling you they will listen to some majority-decided group they will nominate if they get to be leader. Vote for someone who's willing and comfortable enough to make a decision on his own instead of trying to dodge the responsibility but wants to be leader for whatever reason nonetheless. I know it sounds awesome to have people telling you that your voice will be heard and everyone can hold hands and decide on the group together but that's just meaningless smooth-talk. You've got your vote. You vote for the leader, not more and not less. Everything else is in the hand of the guy in charge. That's how you influence this outcome and it's enough. More than that just makes it way to likely for people to be influenced.

I will obviously only vote for someone I trust to be able to get good reads d1 himself in combination with a townread on said guy (duh). Having someone who's just going to roll a dice to determine who's going on the mission is not going to help us and let's face it, there's people who are at face value with rolling a dice, at least on d1.

Vote me pretty please!



What you're saying here seems perfectly reasonable to me. However, I still feel it's important that you provide your candidates you wish to bring to the party before people make a vote for you. We can't just vote for you because you're a vet that will perform well for us if you're town...

On November 21 2012 17:13 Toadesstern wrote:
Oh and I forgot: Yeah we need to find someone to send d1 and that's all nice and fine but I don't think it's a good way to keep the talk all focused on only that.

Faking townreads as mafias is incredibly easy. Faking mafiareads as mafia is something that takes effort. If we're only going to talk about who we're going to send d1 we're giving mafia an incredibly easy time skating by.
I know it feels counterintuitive as clearly the shortterm "goal" is to send a good guy d1 but I think we should try and balance those issues out. After all, the goal in the longrun is to figure people out and we won't be able to do that by playing nice all day long.


This is a very interesting point. But keep in mind that since lynching at the very least isn't commonplace, it might be possible for scum to deliberately bus themselves even early to gain some town credit and not get hurt that badly. Like maybe they spend their scumhunting time repeatedly picking on hypothetical scumperson A for half the game until he finally gets lynched. They go out looking townie, and don't have to worry about getting lynched again for a very long time... I'm still not convinced that focusing on lynchings as the primary means for town victory is best in this setup.

Also, while faking scumreads on town is the standard task for scum in normal games, I'm thinking that faking townreads on scum as scum is going to be their focus this game. It will be easier for them to "blend in" doing this perhaps, but it should still be possible to find them, especially when a particular event outcome goes poorly. I still see this as the inverse of a normal game, where townreads are the priority. Scumreads may follow based on an unexpected vote.outcome to some extent, but only insofar as knowing whose opinions can be most trusted.for selecting the next party leader.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 21 2012 08:51 GMT
#564
On November 21 2012 17:43 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:31 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:27 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:19 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:17 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:09 Toadesstern wrote:
This Keirathi guy is mafia.
Not because of what he's saying but because of what he's failing to provide: Reasoning as to why he'd post what he did so far.
There's simply no reason to get out here and tell people he's planning to heavily focus on reading one guy. Best case scenario is him being pointless, worst case scenario is him trying to look good by providing "something" while actually being pointless. I'd say we've got someone who's trying to get a cheap backdoor exit early on.

Really? I'm scum because the people I would be most willing to vote as leader are the people I'm most familiar with? Don't be ridiculous.

no you're scum for pointing that out. That's a important difference.

No, you're being dumb.

I've played lots of games with marv, iamperfection, S&B, risk.nuke, Z-BosoN, etc. I 100% trust my ability to read them better than I trust my ability to read you or syllo or sandro, whom I've never played with. When it comes down to time for me to vote, I'm going to think "Ok, sandro might be town, and he's getting a lot of votes. But, I'm much more sure that marv is town because I'm way more familiar with how he plays. It makes sense for me to vote him." Plain and simple. If that makes me scum, then tough titties.

And yet you still haven't understood what I'm saying.
I'm not saying your reasoning is stupid. If you feel that way fine although I'd hope that you have more than just one guy you feel comfortable to read... I mean you just mentioned a bunch of people, yet you only mentioned Marv earlier, didn't you?

The issue is that you get in here telling us about that.

You're right, I guess I don't understand. How is explaining how I plan to use my vote scummy?

As far as mostly talking about reading marv (at one point, I did mention that there were other people I was comfortable reading if I don't feel like marv should be elected party leader), its because even though I feel like I have a grasp on how to read them, I don't think they'll be likely party leader candidates. No matter how strong of a town read I have on, say, iamperfection, its just pretty damn unlikely that he gets elected as party leader day 1 when there are vets "running" for the position that most of the game is willing to sheep.


The thing is that it gives us (read: everyone who's not you) nothing at all. Fine we got it but why are you telling us that you're planning to favor Marv? Are we supposed to talk about it? I highly doubt it.
Then why did you tell us preemptively about it? It really looks like a cheap excuse to justify yourself and I'm having troubles figuring why you'd want to do that?
That's why I said at best it's pointless, at worst it's a guy trying to contribute something while actually being pointless.

Your early explanation sounds like a set-up for the next couple of hours of this cycle.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 21 2012 08:52 GMT
#565
come'on look at the way he entered the thread. that's like as townie as it gets =P
either way you have your share bit of work to do to =P. I guess I'll know by day 2?
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 08:55 GMT
#566
On November 21 2012 17:34 Dienosore wrote:
In an effort to gain your trust so that I can become the first leader, I have two solid scum reads that I feel need to be shared.


Djodref:

Supports sandroba, though he (weakly) nominated himself. Wants Clarity and Lamp on his team. Has asked a few times to different people what their reads are. Maybe mining for info? Said "I don't think it would be fair for the scum team not being able to kill the party members" Also, put out a hit on a town marv and town Hapa for being dangerous to the mafia. I'd say 80% sure he is scum


goodkarma:

Seems to be in favor of Sandroba for pres, even though he nominated himself for it. wants sandroba and promethelax on his team. Put emphasis on finding townies, not scummies, which could mean he is scum. Asked questions that feel as if they come from mafia perspective (dealing with towny death and kill immunity). Attacks back at Keirathi after he explains that we dont know HOW the scum kills by saying "scum must be able to remove it somehow" Uses distancing language "town" when talking about possible medics. I'm 70% sure he is scum. Seems to be town hunting.



Okay so you explained what both of them are doing but you have not explained why it is scummy. Djo is "mining info" and goodkarma is "town hunting". Both of which are perfectly reasonable ways to play this game as either alignment. Please don't drop random percentages, and stop posting that poster.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 09:03 GMT
#567
And to end my short lived campaign before I go to sleep, I present you with my two strongest towny reads to balance out my previous post.


Oatsmaster:

his team is marv/prome/acro. doesnt know how the mafia kills work. against roleclaims. Seeking out others opinions on sandroba. Getty a pretty heavy towny feel from him since he asked a harmless question scum probably would already know answer to.


Acrofales:

Was first to suggest this was similar to resistance. Would choose Marv/Sandro/Syllo. Doesnt like mass roleclaims because they could backfire (being key word). Asks questions from towny perspective. Read TheChronicler as Towny. Getting a pretty good towny vibe from this guy.

[image loading]
(last poster i swear lol)
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 21 2012 09:05 GMT
#568
On November 21 2012 17:50 goodkarma wrote:
Nice to play with you again Toadesstern . There were a few things you mentioned I would like to briefly touch up on and then I'm really going to bed...

Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:09 Toadesstern wrote:
This Keirathi guy is mafia.
Not because of what he's saying but because of what he's failing to provide: Reasoning as to why he'd post what he did so far.
There's simply no reason to get out here and tell people he's planning to heavily focus on reading one guy. Best case scenario is him being pointless, worst case scenario is him trying to look good by providing "something" while actually being pointless. I'd say we've got someone who's trying to get a cheap backdoor exit early on.

That being said I plan on becomming leader d1. Vote for me please :3

I plan on sending people I trust to be town. Especially my townreads are pretty awesome and I have an easy time picking up townreads early on so I'd say this job is the right job for me.
That being said I will not send people some kind of "majority" thinks I should send. I will send people I myself consider to be town and nothing else. That probably sounds stupid to those people who are new to this game but that's how these things are going.

Don't listen to people telling you they will listen to some majority-decided group they will nominate if they get to be leader. Vote for someone who's willing and comfortable enough to make a decision on his own instead of trying to dodge the responsibility but wants to be leader for whatever reason nonetheless. I know it sounds awesome to have people telling you that your voice will be heard and everyone can hold hands and decide on the group together but that's just meaningless smooth-talk. You've got your vote. You vote for the leader, not more and not less. Everything else is in the hand of the guy in charge. That's how you influence this outcome and it's enough. More than that just makes it way to likely for people to be influenced.

I will obviously only vote for someone I trust to be able to get good reads d1 himself in combination with a townread on said guy (duh). Having someone who's just going to roll a dice to determine who's going on the mission is not going to help us and let's face it, there's people who are at face value with rolling a dice, at least on d1.

Vote me pretty please!



What you're saying here seems perfectly reasonable to me. However, I still feel it's important that you provide your candidates you wish to bring to the party before people make a vote for you. We can't just vote for you because you're a vet that will perform well for us if you're town...

Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:13 Toadesstern wrote:
Oh and I forgot: Yeah we need to find someone to send d1 and that's all nice and fine but I don't think it's a good way to keep the talk all focused on only that.

Faking townreads as mafias is incredibly easy. Faking mafiareads as mafia is something that takes effort. If we're only going to talk about who we're going to send d1 we're giving mafia an incredibly easy time skating by.
I know it feels counterintuitive as clearly the shortterm "goal" is to send a good guy d1 but I think we should try and balance those issues out. After all, the goal in the longrun is to figure people out and we won't be able to do that by playing nice all day long.


This is a very interesting point. But keep in mind that since lynching at the very least isn't commonplace, it might be possible for scum to deliberately bus themselves even early to gain some town credit and not get hurt that badly. Like maybe they spend their scumhunting time repeatedly picking on hypothetical scumperson A for half the game until he finally gets lynched. They go out looking townie, and don't have to worry about getting lynched again for a very long time... I'm still not convinced that focusing on lynchings as the primary means for town victory is best in this setup.

Also, while faking scumreads on town is the standard task for scum in normal games, I'm thinking that faking townreads on scum as scum is going to be their focus this game. It will be easier for them to "blend in" doing this perhaps, but it should still be possible to find them, especially when a particular event outcome goes poorly. I still see this as the inverse of a normal game, where townreads are the priority. Scumreads may follow based on an unexpected vote.outcome to some extent, but only insofar as knowing whose opinions can be most trusted.for selecting the next party leader.


I'm going to adress the 2.5 major points shortly:

Yes I'm going to give you an idea of who I'm considering. I don't know what it's going to be like and I can't promise wether I'll call my exact team early but I'll give reads. I will try and explain the reasoning of the reads and what you're supposed to look into is that reasoning and not the reads themselves. I don't want you to only look at the results of my reads, I want you to look at my and everyone elses train of thought. That's the interessting part.

Yes scum can bus themselves but that will lead to mistakes due to confirmation bias. That's the reason it's hard for mafia to fake reads in general. They know they are right or they know that they're wrong so they're approaching the situation completly different. And again, that's what you want to look into.
If someone calls someone mafia but isn't able to give reasoning as to why he thinks so or if you think his reasoning is bad your alarmclocks should be ringing.

And lastly yes I agree, mafias will most likely try and blend in by pointing out easy to do reads. That is just another reason why we shouldn't let people skate by doing nothing but delivering some weak reads as to why someone is supposed to be town. After all you're going to be right in most cases even if you roll a dice all the time due to the nature of alignment distribution, right?
Picking out mafias is harder and is the standard by what we should be judging people.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 09:05 GMT
#569
On November 21 2012 17:51 Toadesstern wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:43 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:31 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:27 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:19 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:17 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:09 Toadesstern wrote:
This Keirathi guy is mafia.
Not because of what he's saying but because of what he's failing to provide: Reasoning as to why he'd post what he did so far.
There's simply no reason to get out here and tell people he's planning to heavily focus on reading one guy. Best case scenario is him being pointless, worst case scenario is him trying to look good by providing "something" while actually being pointless. I'd say we've got someone who's trying to get a cheap backdoor exit early on.

Really? I'm scum because the people I would be most willing to vote as leader are the people I'm most familiar with? Don't be ridiculous.

no you're scum for pointing that out. That's a important difference.

No, you're being dumb.

I've played lots of games with marv, iamperfection, S&B, risk.nuke, Z-BosoN, etc. I 100% trust my ability to read them better than I trust my ability to read you or syllo or sandro, whom I've never played with. When it comes down to time for me to vote, I'm going to think "Ok, sandro might be town, and he's getting a lot of votes. But, I'm much more sure that marv is town because I'm way more familiar with how he plays. It makes sense for me to vote him." Plain and simple. If that makes me scum, then tough titties.

And yet you still haven't understood what I'm saying.
I'm not saying your reasoning is stupid. If you feel that way fine although I'd hope that you have more than just one guy you feel comfortable to read... I mean you just mentioned a bunch of people, yet you only mentioned Marv earlier, didn't you?

The issue is that you get in here telling us about that.

You're right, I guess I don't understand. How is explaining how I plan to use my vote scummy?

As far as mostly talking about reading marv (at one point, I did mention that there were other people I was comfortable reading if I don't feel like marv should be elected party leader), its because even though I feel like I have a grasp on how to read them, I don't think they'll be likely party leader candidates. No matter how strong of a town read I have on, say, iamperfection, its just pretty damn unlikely that he gets elected as party leader day 1 when there are vets "running" for the position that most of the game is willing to sheep.


The thing is that it gives us (read: everyone who's not you) nothing at all. Fine we got it but why are you telling us that you're planning to favor Marv? Are we supposed to talk about it? I highly doubt it.
Then why did you tell us preemptively about it? It really looks like a cheap excuse to justify yourself and I'm having troubles figuring why you'd want to do that?
That's why I said at best it's pointless, at worst it's a guy trying to contribute something while actually being pointless.

Your early explanation sounds like a set-up for the next couple of hours of this cycle.

Ah, okay I guess I understand what you're saying now, at least.

People were discussing which vet they were going to vote for, so I said I would likely be voting for marv. Then someone asked "Why marv, isn't he going to be super-hard to read day 1?" Then I started going into the long reasons why. I didn't just come out and say it all; it was an answer to specific questions. Unless you just wanted me to ignore them, then :o

Also: You gave two possibilities for my explanations: either useless, or trying to contribute while being useless. Notice neither one of those possibilities are "he's scum".
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
November 21 2012 09:11 GMT
#570
On November 21 2012 18:05 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:51 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:43 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:31 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:27 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:19 Toadesstern wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:17 Keirathi wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:09 Toadesstern wrote:
This Keirathi guy is mafia.
Not because of what he's saying but because of what he's failing to provide: Reasoning as to why he'd post what he did so far.
There's simply no reason to get out here and tell people he's planning to heavily focus on reading one guy. Best case scenario is him being pointless, worst case scenario is him trying to look good by providing "something" while actually being pointless. I'd say we've got someone who's trying to get a cheap backdoor exit early on.

Really? I'm scum because the people I would be most willing to vote as leader are the people I'm most familiar with? Don't be ridiculous.

no you're scum for pointing that out. That's a important difference.

No, you're being dumb.

I've played lots of games with marv, iamperfection, S&B, risk.nuke, Z-BosoN, etc. I 100% trust my ability to read them better than I trust my ability to read you or syllo or sandro, whom I've never played with. When it comes down to time for me to vote, I'm going to think "Ok, sandro might be town, and he's getting a lot of votes. But, I'm much more sure that marv is town because I'm way more familiar with how he plays. It makes sense for me to vote him." Plain and simple. If that makes me scum, then tough titties.

And yet you still haven't understood what I'm saying.
I'm not saying your reasoning is stupid. If you feel that way fine although I'd hope that you have more than just one guy you feel comfortable to read... I mean you just mentioned a bunch of people, yet you only mentioned Marv earlier, didn't you?

The issue is that you get in here telling us about that.

You're right, I guess I don't understand. How is explaining how I plan to use my vote scummy?

As far as mostly talking about reading marv (at one point, I did mention that there were other people I was comfortable reading if I don't feel like marv should be elected party leader), its because even though I feel like I have a grasp on how to read them, I don't think they'll be likely party leader candidates. No matter how strong of a town read I have on, say, iamperfection, its just pretty damn unlikely that he gets elected as party leader day 1 when there are vets "running" for the position that most of the game is willing to sheep.


The thing is that it gives us (read: everyone who's not you) nothing at all. Fine we got it but why are you telling us that you're planning to favor Marv? Are we supposed to talk about it? I highly doubt it.
Then why did you tell us preemptively about it? It really looks like a cheap excuse to justify yourself and I'm having troubles figuring why you'd want to do that?
That's why I said at best it's pointless, at worst it's a guy trying to contribute something while actually being pointless.

Your early explanation sounds like a set-up for the next couple of hours of this cycle.

Ah, okay I guess I understand what you're saying now, at least.

People were discussing which vet they were going to vote for, so I said I would likely be voting for marv. Then someone asked "Why marv, isn't he going to be super-hard to read day 1?" Then I started going into the long reasons why. I didn't just come out and say it all; it was an answer to specific questions. Unless you just wanted me to ignore them, then :o

Also: You gave two possibilities for my explanations: either useless, or trying to contribute while being useless. Notice neither one of those possibilities are "he's scum".

A guy trying to contribute something while being useless is a mafiatreat, that's why I mentioned you.
Scum are trying to look like they're doing something without actually doing something all the time.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 09:13 GMT
#571
Syllogism/sandroba:

You guys have ignored us, but what do you think of Toads reasoning for me being scum? Do you think I'm scum?

What about Deinos 2 scum reads and 2 town reads? Agree or disagree with any of them?
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 09:14 GMT
#572
On November 21 2012 17:55 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:34 Dienosore wrote:
In an effort to gain your trust so that I can become the first leader, I have two solid scum reads that I feel need to be shared.


Djodref:

Supports sandroba, though he (weakly) nominated himself. Wants Clarity and Lamp on his team. Has asked a few times to different people what their reads are. Maybe mining for info? Said "I don't think it would be fair for the scum team not being able to kill the party members" Also, put out a hit on a town marv and town Hapa for being dangerous to the mafia. I'd say 80% sure he is scum


goodkarma:

Seems to be in favor of Sandroba for pres, even though he nominated himself for it. wants sandroba and promethelax on his team. Put emphasis on finding townies, not scummies, which could mean he is scum. Asked questions that feel as if they come from mafia perspective (dealing with towny death and kill immunity). Attacks back at Keirathi after he explains that we dont know HOW the scum kills by saying "scum must be able to remove it somehow" Uses distancing language "town" when talking about possible medics. I'm 70% sure he is scum. Seems to be town hunting.



Okay so you explained what both of them are doing but you have not explained why it is scummy. Djo is "mining info" and goodkarma is "town hunting". Both of which are perfectly reasonable ways to play this game as either alignment. Please don't drop random percentages, and stop posting that poster.


It's less what they are doing, and more of HOW. I'm really good at reading language, like what verb tenses they are using or watching for specific pronoun connotations. For both of these guys, it feels very much to me like they are talking from a mafioso perspective, asking questions a scumlord would ask, etc...

That being said, I am not 100% on any of my reads yet and don't really want to throw up any red herrings. All this is only based off of two pages of material. Give me another day or so (assuming these guys keep talking) and I'll have narrowed things down much better.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 09:20 GMT
#573
On November 21 2012 18:14 Dienosore wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 17:55 Clarity_nl wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:34 Dienosore wrote:
In an effort to gain your trust so that I can become the first leader, I have two solid scum reads that I feel need to be shared.


Djodref:

Supports sandroba, though he (weakly) nominated himself. Wants Clarity and Lamp on his team. Has asked a few times to different people what their reads are. Maybe mining for info? Said "I don't think it would be fair for the scum team not being able to kill the party members" Also, put out a hit on a town marv and town Hapa for being dangerous to the mafia. I'd say 80% sure he is scum


goodkarma:

Seems to be in favor of Sandroba for pres, even though he nominated himself for it. wants sandroba and promethelax on his team. Put emphasis on finding townies, not scummies, which could mean he is scum. Asked questions that feel as if they come from mafia perspective (dealing with towny death and kill immunity). Attacks back at Keirathi after he explains that we dont know HOW the scum kills by saying "scum must be able to remove it somehow" Uses distancing language "town" when talking about possible medics. I'm 70% sure he is scum. Seems to be town hunting.



Okay so you explained what both of them are doing but you have not explained why it is scummy. Djo is "mining info" and goodkarma is "town hunting". Both of which are perfectly reasonable ways to play this game as either alignment. Please don't drop random percentages, and stop posting that poster.


It's less what they are doing, and more of HOW. I'm really good at reading language, like what verb tenses they are using or watching for specific pronoun connotations. For both of these guys, it feels very much to me like they are talking from a mafioso perspective, asking questions a scumlord would ask, etc...

That being said, I am not 100% on any of my reads yet and don't really want to throw up any red herrings. All this is only based off of two pages of material. Give me another day or so (assuming these guys keep talking) and I'll have narrowed things down much better.


They..... use certain verb tenses and pronoun connotations.....Asking questions a scumlord would ask?

Can someone please give me a read on Dieno or tell me I should ignore him, I really want to move on from him but every time I think his idiocy stopped it returns with renewed ego.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
CaveJohnson
Profile Joined October 2012
278 Posts
November 21 2012 09:22 GMT
#574
I just woke up to 200 messages in the thread so you are going to have to give me a while to read them.

Don't vote for me

Don't bring me on events (At least not this cycle)

We will need a Medic, Vigilante and probably someone with 999 hp for Lavos so if you can only use your ability once you might want to think about that.

I'll be back in a few hours. I just needed to /confirm
Mafia smurf
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 21 2012 09:26 GMT
#575
On November 21 2012 18:13 Keirathi wrote:
Syllogism/sandroba:

You guys have ignored us, but what do you think of Toads reasoning for me being scum? Do you think I'm scum?

What about Deinos 2 scum reads and 2 town reads? Agree or disagree with any of them?

I wouldn't put you as a town read, but I don't agree with toads case on you. I'll say nothing point to me one way or another so far. About deinos I agree on oats as I've said before. Not quite sure on acro still, I'd put him the same as you. GK and djo I'm slightly leaning town so far.
Dienosore
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Brunei Darussalam622 Posts
November 21 2012 09:32 GMT
#576
Clarity, is there a reason you are so intent on shutting me down after every post I make?

Scared I might find something?

-___-
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
November 21 2012 09:34 GMT
#577
Hi, I'd proposed myself to lead the party since I feel I possess the essential quality's we'd want for a mission leader. But I feel I'm late to sign myself up and as it stands there already is already a candidate I want to support. As it stands right now I want Sandroba for our first party leader.

No disrespect to marv who's one of the best scumhunters I know on these forums but a scumhunter isn't what we need today.

I'm not sure how missions are going to work but to prepare for anything these quality's are what we seak.
We need a player who's smart, adaptable to new situations and capable of finding the optimal play.
We need a player who's good at analysing behaviour and who's good at finding townies.

This is Sandroba in a nutshell. I've seen firsthand how he think and he is one of the few people I've met I trust can identify the correct play in a new situation. In SS mafia he created and executed the plan that dismantled the mafiateam in a day. Furthermore from my experience Sandroba's greatest strength is finding townies and then scum by process of elimination.

Additionally his activity is promising and I have a pretty good insight of how he plays.
##Vote: Sandroba
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 09:40 GMT
#578
On November 21 2012 18:32 Dienosore wrote:
Clarity, is there a reason you are so intent on shutting me down after every post I make?

Scared I might find something?

-___-


No, I actually tried helping you be useful to town, but you brush it off with a joke or with my mindless dribble.
I ask you for your town motivations behind looking like a clown and discrediting yourself, and you ignore the question.
I ask you for scum motivations behind your reads and you tell me "don't worry, I can read people!"

How is anyone supposed to take you seriously? If you are town you are off to a terrible start. If you truly can detect scum by word choice like you claim, then prove it. Make a case and show us a pattern and compare it to a game where they are town that does not have that pattern, and THEN explain why it is scummy.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Djodref
Profile Joined September 2012
France3332 Posts
November 21 2012 09:50 GMT
#579
On November 21 2012 18:20 Clarity_nl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 18:14 Dienosore wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:55 Clarity_nl wrote:
On November 21 2012 17:34 Dienosore wrote:
In an effort to gain your trust so that I can become the first leader, I have two solid scum reads that I feel need to be shared.


Djodref:

Supports sandroba, though he (weakly) nominated himself. Wants Clarity and Lamp on his team. Has asked a few times to different people what their reads are. Maybe mining for info? Said "I don't think it would be fair for the scum team not being able to kill the party members" Also, put out a hit on a town marv and town Hapa for being dangerous to the mafia. I'd say 80% sure he is scum


goodkarma:

Seems to be in favor of Sandroba for pres, even though he nominated himself for it. wants sandroba and promethelax on his team. Put emphasis on finding townies, not scummies, which could mean he is scum. Asked questions that feel as if they come from mafia perspective (dealing with towny death and kill immunity). Attacks back at Keirathi after he explains that we dont know HOW the scum kills by saying "scum must be able to remove it somehow" Uses distancing language "town" when talking about possible medics. I'm 70% sure he is scum. Seems to be town hunting.



Okay so you explained what both of them are doing but you have not explained why it is scummy. Djo is "mining info" and goodkarma is "town hunting". Both of which are perfectly reasonable ways to play this game as either alignment. Please don't drop random percentages, and stop posting that poster.


It's less what they are doing, and more of HOW. I'm really good at reading language, like what verb tenses they are using or watching for specific pronoun connotations. For both of these guys, it feels very much to me like they are talking from a mafioso perspective, asking questions a scumlord would ask, etc...

That being said, I am not 100% on any of my reads yet and don't really want to throw up any red herrings. All this is only based off of two pages of material. Give me another day or so (assuming these guys keep talking) and I'll have narrowed things down much better.


They..... use certain verb tenses and pronoun connotations.....Asking questions a scumlord would ask?

Can someone please give me a read on Dieno or tell me I should ignore him, I really want to move on from him but every time I think his idiocy stopped it returns with renewed ego.


@ Clarity

I think town. If he had a scumteam, they wouldn't let him post like this. Or they would already prepare to bus him. So you shouldn't go after him imo. The best thing to do is to show him where he is wrong and try to help him to contribute in a better way. He wants to post and we should just encourage him to post better.
Clarity_nl
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands6826 Posts
November 21 2012 09:55 GMT
#580
I've been trying but I didn't join this game to coach anyone, and he's not willing to accept help, although I have been quite hostile I suppose.

Okay, I will back off. Dieno I beg you to look at your own play up until now, and please realize how you look and how you're discrediting yourself. If you are town you want people to take you seriously, and you're going about it the wrong ways.
When calling someone scum please don't just explain what they are doing, but also why the motivation might be scummy.
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT AGAINST STUPIDITY CLARITY, I BELIEVE IN YOU! - Palmar
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 243
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 591
Larva 335
Leta 66
NaDa 48
TT1 23
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
JimRising 706
Other Games
summit1g10283
WinterStarcraft448
Mew2King101
ViBE85
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1356
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota255
League of Legends
• Rush1125
• Lourlo839
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 40m
INu's Battles
7h 40m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 40m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 40m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 40m
Replay Cast
18h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.