• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:35
CEST 04:35
KST 11:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8938 users

Chrono Trigger Mafia - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 384 Next
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 21 2012 02:24 GMT
#261
@ Sandro

Well to elaborate on that sandro, I don't find it to be a good idea to have a vet + 3 less-experienced players on the same team. The vet will have a lot of persuasive authority over the rest of the team and it probably won't be a very effective way to think through these mini-games. Unless the vet was super-obvious-town or something, I'm wary of such a party setup
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18452 Posts
November 21 2012 02:25 GMT
#262
On November 21 2012 11:19 sandroba wrote:
I see that everyone went completely the opposite way of tackling this issue as I have so far. Of course I am right and you guys probably gave it no thought.

You have not yet suggested a master plan to break the game. You scum?
Acrofales
Profile Joined August 2010
Spain18452 Posts
November 21 2012 02:26 GMT
#263
On November 21 2012 11:18 Oatsmaster wrote:
Yes since this is my first game, you guys cant use leet haxzor skillz metareading on me
Also Prome, your meta doesnt seem to have changed a lot, still walls of text.
I really dont want to do Acro suggestion right now cause most people havent even started to post yet so Im pretty sure that our supposed 'teams', if we suggest them now, will change by the end of the day.

So what? Why do you feel that changing your team as you learn more about players is a bad thing?
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 21 2012 02:26 GMT
#264
On November 21 2012 11:22 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 11:19 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 21 2012 11:17 sandroba wrote:
I hereby declare I want to lead you simpletons to victory. My party selection will be as following: I will choose 3 of the less known players who I read as town at the end of the day to compose the party. The reasoning is that this mechanic will greatly favor town in attempting to confirm players. This is better done for players less likely to get shot for 2 reasons: 1) They have less meta information available on them therefore harder to read. 2) Vets/Well known players are likely to get killed n1 if they are town, even more so given a successful mission, mitigating some of the advantage town might get. This serves to both preserve the good/known players and to keep the confirmed/likely town around longer.
I'd like everyone to chime in on this subject of party selection and help come to the optimum way of doing things.


So you want to form a party of people you and three "obviously town but inexperienced" players you are free to manipulate? Thanks but no thanks.

As far as I know I have no way of manipulating them without the use of this thread. Wouldn't that instantly out me in the thread? I typed some sensible stuff and you just twisted it to make it seems suspicious. I wonder why that is.


Oh I kinda assumed the party would be working together // communicating in some capacity outside of the general town. I probably should read Resistance and figure out how this works instead of running my mouth
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
kitaman27 *
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9245 Posts
November 21 2012 02:26 GMT
#265
Do events involve mini-games or are they simply a calculation based on your hidden influence value and other hidden factors?
I'm better than dirt. Well, most kinds of dirt. I mean not that fancy store bought dirt. That stuffs loaded with nutrients. I... I can't compete with that stuff.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 02:27 GMT
#266
On November 21 2012 11:15 kitaman27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 11:12 marvellosity wrote:
Probably some mix of town reads and probable utility (if someone is clever, derp) is the right way of choosing teams.

Like if someone is clearly town but an idiot then I wouldn't invite them into my hypothetical party.


I disagree, I think someone being clearly town should take priority over everything else, even if they aren't the most reliable of players.


What good is it if someone is clearly town yet does a shitty job as a party member?
Choosing a team with synergy who is familiar with each other has slightly higher risks and much higher rewards.
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
November 21 2012 02:28 GMT
#267
On November 21 2012 11:26 kitaman27 wrote:
Do events involve mini-games or are they simply a calculation based on your hidden influence value and other hidden factors?


Depends on the event and possibly other factors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 21 2012 02:29 GMT
#268
Well I can tell people are town pretty consistently (even more so than finding who is scum), so I will select less likely to get shot players who I have a town read on to take on the mission .I don't see what's confusing about that.
I think scum will shoot certain players, regardless if they are considered town or not by the majority, if they are town quite early. That makes them not so good targets to be "confirmed" early on because it's a waste. If scum chooses to shoot the "likely town" group assuming I succeed in the mission, it preserves the town vets. If they choose to shoot the town vets it preserves the "likely town" group.
I hope this helps clear it up.
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 02:30 GMT
#269
On November 21 2012 11:26 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 11:22 sandroba wrote:
On November 21 2012 11:19 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 21 2012 11:17 sandroba wrote:
I hereby declare I want to lead you simpletons to victory. My party selection will be as following: I will choose 3 of the less known players who I read as town at the end of the day to compose the party. The reasoning is that this mechanic will greatly favor town in attempting to confirm players. This is better done for players less likely to get shot for 2 reasons: 1) They have less meta information available on them therefore harder to read. 2) Vets/Well known players are likely to get killed n1 if they are town, even more so given a successful mission, mitigating some of the advantage town might get. This serves to both preserve the good/known players and to keep the confirmed/likely town around longer.
I'd like everyone to chime in on this subject of party selection and help come to the optimum way of doing things.


So you want to form a party of people you and three "obviously town but inexperienced" players you are free to manipulate? Thanks but no thanks.

As far as I know I have no way of manipulating them without the use of this thread. Wouldn't that instantly out me in the thread? I typed some sensible stuff and you just twisted it to make it seems suspicious. I wonder why that is.


Oh I kinda assumed the party would be working together // communicating in some capacity outside of the general town. I probably should read Resistance and figure out how this works instead of running my mouth


lol I was assuming the same thing. Guess I'll be giving that thread a visit as well.
kushm4sta
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States8878 Posts
November 21 2012 02:30 GMT
#270
IMO:
Put the scummiest people on the team.
The event will probably involve losing hp. We want scum to lose hp. Also it will give us more play to analyze.
OMGUS.net, kush sex blogs every friday night
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 21 2012 02:31 GMT
#271
On November 21 2012 11:24 Hapahauli wrote:
@ Sandro

Well to elaborate on that sandro, I don't find it to be a good idea to have a vet + 3 less-experienced players on the same team. The vet will have a lot of persuasive authority over the rest of the team and it probably won't be a very effective way to think through these mini-games. Unless the vet was super-obvious-town or something, I'm wary of such a party setup

From what I see in the OP only if they are town/mafia and the hidden value assigned to them (and other hidden factors) influense in the success of a mission. I doubt how much experienced a player has is one of the hidden factors.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 02:32 GMT
#272
On November 21 2012 11:30 kushm4sta wrote:
IMO:
Put the scummiest people on the team.
The event will probably involve losing hp. We want scum to lose hp. Also it will give us more play to analyze.

But we have to succeed in the events to progress the game forward (or at least thats what I expect), which would mean that scum is inherently trying to make us NOT succeed. Setup speculation, but I don't like your idea.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Z-BosoN
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Brazil2590 Posts
November 21 2012 02:32 GMT
#273
On November 21 2012 11:29 sandroba wrote:
Well I can tell people are town pretty consistently (even more so than finding who is scum), so I will select less likely to get shot players who I have a town read on to take on the mission .I don't see what's confusing about that.
I think scum will shoot certain players, regardless if they are considered town or not by the majority, if they are town quite early. That makes them not so good targets to be "confirmed" early on because it's a waste. If scum chooses to shoot the "likely town" group assuming I succeed in the mission, it preserves the town vets. If they choose to shoot the town vets it preserves the "likely town" group.
I hope this helps clear it up.


Basically we should just trust your own abilities to sense if someone is town and be happy?
Promethelax
Profile Joined February 2012
Canada7089 Posts
November 21 2012 02:32 GMT
#274
On November 21 2012 11:18 Oatsmaster wrote:
Yes since this is my first game, you guys cant use leet haxzor skillz metareading on me
Also Prome, your meta doesnt seem to have changed a lot, still walls of text.
I really dont want to do Acro suggestion right now cause most people havent even started to post yet so Im pretty sure that our supposed 'teams', if we suggest them now, will change by the end of the day.


This here is why i want your team stated. that allows us, as a town, to view the evolution of your reads and gives us something to pressure you on and understand. Give us your team. I know you know some of the players in this game and, though you haven't played you have been present in some /obs qts. Would you be kind enough to share which games you have obs'd/ thanks

As to my meta my goal is to move towards the walls of text full of content and away from the hanging out, fun atmosphere of my previous game. I'm a heavy poster but I want to start to tone down the amount of time I spend on mafia, my fiance hates me fore the amount of time I put into games and my goal is to be more exact with my posts, wasting them less.

Kita: thanks for the links.

Sandro; if this party will consist of three people you deem as clearly town why not let one of them be leader? Or the same party but with someone else leading them. What is it that makes you the best leader? All you have stated is why your party would be what it is.

I also forgot that Kier was in this game, he would probably be on my team because <3, first guy to ever catch me as scum.
TL Mafia. Love it. Play it. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 I find Kennigit really attractive. If anyone has a picture of him please feel free to PM it to me.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
November 21 2012 02:33 GMT
#275
On November 21 2012 11:29 sandroba wrote:
Well I can tell people are town pretty consistently (even more so than finding who is scum), so I will select less likely to get shot players who I have a town read on to take on the mission .I don't see what's confusing about that.
I think scum will shoot certain players, regardless if they are considered town or not by the majority, if they are town quite early. That makes them not so good targets to be "confirmed" early on because it's a waste. If scum chooses to shoot the "likely town" group assuming I succeed in the mission, it preserves the town vets. If they choose to shoot the town vets it preserves the "likely town" group.
I hope this helps clear it up.


Unless I missed something setup-wise, I'm not getting your linking who gets shot and who is in the party together. If for instance syllogism is town, what difference does it make whether he is in a party or not? Doesn't he just get shot anyway?

How does people being in a party, mission successful or otherwise, 'confirm' anything?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 21 2012 02:34 GMT
#276
On November 21 2012 11:29 sandroba wrote:
Well I can tell people are town pretty consistently (even more so than finding who is scum), so I will select less likely to get shot players who I have a town read on to take on the mission .I don't see what's confusing about that.


Well the problem is that it requires the town to place a great deal of trust in you. I'm not sure of how distinguishable your meta is, but I'm very hesitant of placing so much trust//power in a person so early in the game.

I think scum will shoot certain players, regardless if they are considered town or not by the majority, if they are town quite early. That makes them not so good targets to be "confirmed" early on because it's a waste. If scum chooses to shoot the "likely town" group assuming I succeed in the mission, it preserves the town vets. If they choose to shoot the town vets it preserves the "likely town" group.
I hope this helps clear it up.


I really don't understand this at all. Do the mini-games "confirm" people as town or something? Otherwise, I really don't get this at all.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 21 2012 02:34 GMT
#277
On November 21 2012 11:32 Z-BosoN wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 11:29 sandroba wrote:
Well I can tell people are town pretty consistently (even more so than finding who is scum), so I will select less likely to get shot players who I have a town read on to take on the mission .I don't see what's confusing about that.
I think scum will shoot certain players, regardless if they are considered town or not by the majority, if they are town quite early. That makes them not so good targets to be "confirmed" early on because it's a waste. If scum chooses to shoot the "likely town" group assuming I succeed in the mission, it preserves the town vets. If they choose to shoot the town vets it preserves the "likely town" group.
I hope this helps clear it up.


Basically we should just trust your own abilities to sense if someone is town and be happy?

Yes.

@acro yes I have, I believe this party selection plan will ultimately lead town to victory.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 02:35 GMT
#278
On November 21 2012 11:32 Promethelax wrote:
I also forgot that Kier was in this game, he would probably be on my team because <3, first guy to ever catch me as scum.

Teehee <3

Also, remember, we aren't necessarily voting for the TEAM, just the leader. Then the leader chooses the team to go with him. Of course, whoever we elect for party leader has to be accountable for his choices, but just throwing out 3-4 names for a team isn't really a "read".
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
sandroba
Profile Joined April 2006
Canada4998 Posts
November 21 2012 02:36 GMT
#279
On November 21 2012 11:34 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 11:29 sandroba wrote:
Well I can tell people are town pretty consistently (even more so than finding who is scum), so I will select less likely to get shot players who I have a town read on to take on the mission .I don't see what's confusing about that.


Well the problem is that it requires the town to place a great deal of trust in you. I'm not sure of how distinguishable your meta is, but I'm very hesitant of placing so much trust//power in a person so early in the game.

Show nested quote +
I think scum will shoot certain players, regardless if they are considered town or not by the majority, if they are town quite early. That makes them not so good targets to be "confirmed" early on because it's a waste. If scum chooses to shoot the "likely town" group assuming I succeed in the mission, it preserves the town vets. If they choose to shoot the town vets it preserves the "likely town" group.
I hope this helps clear it up.


I really don't understand this at all. Do the mini-games "confirm" people as town or something? Otherwise, I really don't get this at all.

The OP says the sucess of the misson depends on a weighted sum of town/mafia players assigned to it. That means that if a mission was successful most likely at least 3 out of 4 players in were town.
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
November 21 2012 02:37 GMT
#280
On November 21 2012 11:33 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 21 2012 11:29 sandroba wrote:
Well I can tell people are town pretty consistently (even more so than finding who is scum), so I will select less likely to get shot players who I have a town read on to take on the mission .I don't see what's confusing about that.
I think scum will shoot certain players, regardless if they are considered town or not by the majority, if they are town quite early. That makes them not so good targets to be "confirmed" early on because it's a waste. If scum chooses to shoot the "likely town" group assuming I succeed in the mission, it preserves the town vets. If they choose to shoot the town vets it preserves the "likely town" group.
I hope this helps clear it up.


Unless I missed something setup-wise, I'm not getting your linking who gets shot and who is in the party together. If for instance syllogism is town, what difference does it make whether he is in a party or not? Doesn't he just get shot anyway?

How does people being in a party, mission successful or otherwise, 'confirm' anything?

I think what sandro is trying to say is that scum may try shooting people in the party to sabotage town's chances of succeeding in it, rather than necessarily just shooting the vets. Who knows if that is actually how any of this works, but if you think about it like that (the scum trying to do whatever possible to sabotage the missions), then his idea does make some modicum of sense.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 384 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1918
GuemChi 1513
Artosis 560
910 72
ajuk12(nOOB) 19
Bale 16
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm189
febbydoto9
Counter-Strike
taco 506
minikerr18
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox507
Other Games
summit1g8204
Doublelift1922
JimRising 583
C9.Mang0356
Day[9].tv339
PiGStarcraft277
Maynarde112
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1039
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 106
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv339
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 25m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 25m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.