• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:52
CEST 04:52
KST 11:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7581 users

GSL Open Mini Mafia II - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 33 Next All
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
September 28 2012 02:08 GMT
#181
On September 28 2012 07:06 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 04:42 Sinensis wrote:
No, do you?
"Ur useless!"
"No ur useless!"
"No ur uselesser!"
Isn't helping anyone and is probably making both of you angry. There's no reason to do that.


When you say something like "I'm making a note of it" to me that suggests that you're implying there's something scummy going on but you don't want to come right out and say what it is, but that's not what I'm getting from this last response. Were you suspicious of how we were interacting?


Mafia members sometimes have useless little disagreements like you were doing, especially early on, in order to create distance between them in the town's eyes. So I made a note of it.


On September 28 2012 07:55 strongandbig wrote:
Ebwop

Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 05:29 Sinensis wrote:

I think Ottoxlol believes he's being unfairly voted for.


Why do you say this please elaborate. This is important


Because his defense was "everyone else is playing bad, not just me." He feels if he is in the spotlight and being voted for, than anyone could be because his town play is at least as good as everyone else's; so he believes. This is a bad defense by him and he needs to do better, maybe not take personal offense when someone points out one of his mistakes. I understand why he was critical of your play SnB, you freaked him out with your rng suggestion, but I don't really understand why he voted for thrawn other than that thrawn is playing more aggressive than he is.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 28 2012 02:39 GMT
#182
otto you keep saying that I'm lying and you're acting like you have no clue why my accusations are being made, and I think whether you're town or mafia you actually do know why. I feel like most of your defenses thus far have been deflections or omgusing
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 28 2012 02:43 GMT
#183
Ottox, here's how random lynch would really work.

There'd be some outside random generator. Palmar, when actually suggesting this, had a site set up. Based on the time, it kicked out a name at random, iirc. Everyone could go to the site at x time, and whoever it picked at that time would be the lynch.

Nobody had to report in anything special, you couldn't game the system by going to an RNG website and just roll 30 or 40 lynches and post a screenshot of whatever one you liked best. It was verifiable by everyone in the game because they could check the site at x time, but wasn't controlled by anyone in game, so you knew it was actually popping up a random name.

On D1, as far as I can tell, scum usually can get themselves better odds on not getting lynched than pure chance gives. In that case, a random lynch is scary because they can't plan for out, can't get out from under it, and don't have any control over the situation. Town's just gonna kill someone and it's got a whatever out of whatever chance of being scum.


I'll look over things again tomorrow morning and make sure, specifically check some other games of Ottox, but right now I don't think he's scum. Going to unvote for now, and will find a new target unless his past games give me a bad feeling.

The entire lack of a defense and lack of any effort at actually putting one up doesn't feel scummy to me. Other thoughts on that? I've had that feeling all afternoon, but was hoping maybe there would be more action created, votes or unvotes, or other candidates filtering up. It didn't generate too much, but oh well.

##Unvote
Fe fi fo fum.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 28 2012 02:45 GMT
#184
austin how is that explanation of random lynch relevant?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 28 2012 02:52 GMT
#185
because this:
On September 28 2012 07:50 strongandbig wrote:
There's a higher chance that they get lynched that way on day 1 and if they get chosen their partners can't save them.

It's an unexpected and unpredictable situation where they have to react quickly.

On September 28 2012 08:34 Ottoxlol wrote:
@SnB then I don't understand random lynch at all. I thought it is like we go to a random website roll 1-8 then put our votes in-> ofc scum wont do it properly so there is much less chance to lynch them
On September 28 2012 10:58 Ottoxlol wrote:
As you can see I am already concerned with that I am not sure if I understand random lynch and that I don't like it if its the way I think it is. This was my 5th post.


Fe fi fo fum.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 28 2012 02:56 GMT
#186
Yeah but their discussion (otto and snb) seems to have moved on about the logistics of it, as per this post and the one snb made after it. Just seems like way too many words to clear up something that has pretty much been wrapped up.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
September 28 2012 02:56 GMT
#187
On September 28 2012 11:43 austinmcc wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Ottox, here's how random lynch would really work.

There'd be some outside random generator. Palmar, when actually suggesting this, had a site set up. Based on the time, it kicked out a name at random, iirc. Everyone could go to the site at x time, and whoever it picked at that time would be the lynch.

Nobody had to report in anything special, you couldn't game the system by going to an RNG website and just roll 30 or 40 lynches and post a screenshot of whatever one you liked best. It was verifiable by everyone in the game because they could check the site at x time, but wasn't controlled by anyone in game, so you knew it was actually popping up a random name.

On D1, as far as I can tell, scum usually can get themselves better odds on not getting lynched than pure chance gives. In that case, a random lynch is scary because they can't plan for out, can't get out from under it, and don't have any control over the situation. Town's just gonna kill someone and it's got a whatever out of whatever chance of being scum.


I'll look over things again tomorrow morning and make sure, specifically check some other games of Ottox, but right now I don't think he's scum. Going to unvote for now, and will find a new target unless his past games give me a bad feeling.

The entire lack of a defense and lack of any effort at actually putting one up doesn't feel scummy to me. Other thoughts on that? I've had that feeling all afternoon, but was hoping maybe there would be more action created, votes or unvotes, or other candidates filtering up. It didn't generate too much, but oh well.

##Unvote



Hey can you post that website?
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 28 2012 02:59 GMT
#188
On June 11 2012 04:09 Palmar wrote:
Anyway, I've thrown the site up, http://palmar.org/mafia/random.txt

it's not set to autorefresh, so to get the latest result you need to refresh the page. Every minute crontab will run this script:

cat /var/www/mafia/playerlist.txt | sort -R | cut -f2- > /var/www/mafia/random.txt

And that's the result you're seeing on the page.

Now just screenshot at random pre-determined time, and voila.

Fe fi fo fum.
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
September 28 2012 03:01 GMT
#189
austin, would you kindly respond to my accusation?
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 28 2012 03:13 GMT
#190
On September 28 2012 12:01 Bluelightz wrote:
austin, would you kindly respond to my accusation?

Sure.
On September 28 2012 00:42 Bluelightz wrote:
My stance for today: austinmcc, because his post's are about hammering/setup, and only about hammering/setup, he hasn't attempted any scum-hunting at all, which is scummy because discussing about hammer/setup brings us no closer to victory. As well as, in his most recent game - Rockband Mini Mafia - he atleast already had suspicions on someone, not like here, when it's already 48 hours and more into the game.

##Vote: austinmcc

This bit? I know I was also FoSed in a post with ottox and I, but it seemed like that was for mostly the same reasoning.

I don't take issue with what you're saying. Like...I can't refute that I was not doing other things. Nor did any of that discussion end up as a jumping off point to any activity.

Rockband and this have been different games. There we had early movement and activity, gave me lots to look through. Here not so much. I've been poking around some today, and will be tomorrow. It's up to you to determine whether you find it scummy that I've been more active recently or not (I would suggest a town read, but ymmv).

Fe fi fo fum.
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 28 2012 03:13 GMT
#191
Let me know if that wasn't it, or if you've got other concerns. Headed to bed now but I'll be looking around tomorrow since I don't like Ottox as a lynch any more.
Fe fi fo fum.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 28 2012 03:16 GMT
#192
On September 28 2012 12:13 austinmcc wrote:
Let me know if that wasn't it, or if you've got other concerns. Headed to bed now but I'll be looking around tomorrow since I don't like Ottox as a lynch any more.


if you're still up please say who you do prefer as a vote, we're pretty damn close to deadline already
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
austinmcc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States6737 Posts
September 28 2012 03:25 GMT
#193
On September 28 2012 12:16 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 12:13 austinmcc wrote:
Let me know if that wasn't it, or if you've got other concerns. Headed to bed now but I'll be looking around tomorrow since I don't like Ottox as a lynch any more.


if you're still up please say who you do prefer as a vote, we're pretty damn close to deadline already

Off the top of my head, nobody's sticking out as someone I really want to vote.

I'd like to see ShiaoPi answer the questions the were addressed to him a while back, as well as give his thoughts on Ottox.

I want to look over you and phagga again. Ottox's defense was so not-a-defense that it felt townie to me. Again, I'd actually like to know what people think about his play after getting a vote(s) and how they read it. Phagga voted shortly after myself, but you came in after a while. I don't like you voting even though you yourself thought it was more of deflection than defense. I actually really don't think I like that, you get a close read!
Fe fi fo fum.
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
September 28 2012 03:26 GMT
#194
Vote Count!

Thrawn2112 (2) - iamperfection, ottoxlol
austinmcc (2) - Bluelightz, Sinesis
Ottoxlol (2) - phagga, Thrawn2112

Not Voting (3) - ShiaoPi, strongandbig, austinmcc

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.




The deadline is in 17.5 hours at Friday, Sep 28 9:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00) aka 21:00 GMT (+00:00)

When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 28 2012 03:33 GMT
#195
On September 28 2012 12:25 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 12:16 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 28 2012 12:13 austinmcc wrote:
Let me know if that wasn't it, or if you've got other concerns. Headed to bed now but I'll be looking around tomorrow since I don't like Ottox as a lynch any more.


if you're still up please say who you do prefer as a vote, we're pretty damn close to deadline already

Off the top of my head, nobody's sticking out as someone I really want to vote.

I'd like to see ShiaoPi answer the questions the were addressed to him a while back, as well as give his thoughts on Ottox.

I want to look over you and phagga again. Ottox's defense was so not-a-defense that it felt townie to me. Again, I'd actually like to know what people think about his play after getting a vote(s) and how they read it. Phagga voted shortly after myself, but you came in after a while. I don't like you voting even though you yourself thought it was more of deflection than defense. I actually really don't think I like that, you get a close read!


There's a distinction between making a bad defense and making a bad defense by deflecting... I'd say deflecting is scummy.

And sorry I dont know what you mean by "close read."
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
September 28 2012 04:10 GMT
#196
On September 28 2012 12:13 austinmcc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 12:01 Bluelightz wrote:
austin, would you kindly respond to my accusation?

Sure.
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 00:42 Bluelightz wrote:
My stance for today: austinmcc, because his post's are about hammering/setup, and only about hammering/setup, he hasn't attempted any scum-hunting at all, which is scummy because discussing about hammer/setup brings us no closer to victory. As well as, in his most recent game - Rockband Mini Mafia - he atleast already had suspicions on someone, not like here, when it's already 48 hours and more into the game.

##Vote: austinmcc

This bit? I know I was also FoSed in a post with ottox and I, but it seemed like that was for mostly the same reasoning.

I don't take issue with what you're saying. Like...I can't refute that I was not doing other things. Nor did any of that discussion end up as a jumping off point to any activity.

Rockband and this have been different games. There we had early movement and activity, gave me lots to look through. Here not so much. I've been poking around some today, and will be tomorrow. It's up to you to determine whether you find it scummy that I've been more active recently or not (I would suggest a town read, but ymmv).



Ah, Okay. ##Unvote.

Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
September 28 2012 04:14 GMT
#197
##Unvote austinmcc is being logical, compliant, and is saying things I agree with so I can't justify voting for him today anymore. Even though I disagree with him about hammer votes, he is right about it being largely irrelevant.


@Bluelightz: Your vote had the least amount of analysis behind it of any vote so far. Are you sticking with your vote or was that just to put pressure on austinmcc to start scum hunting? I will be curious to see if you and austinmcc have a dialog.


@Thrawn2112: I accuse you of only going after other people in order to direct attention away from yourself, and I accuse you of picking easy targets. Also, I accuse you of trying to disrupt communication between other players. You're quick to nit pick every post we make but you rarely follow through with your nit picking.

What do you have to say about that?
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
September 28 2012 04:17 GMT
#198
EBWOP Disregard my question Bluelightz
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 28 2012 04:19 GMT
#199
On September 28 2012 13:14 Sinensis wrote:
##Unvote austinmcc is being logical, compliant, and is saying things I agree with so I can't justify voting for him today anymore. Even though I disagree with him about hammer votes, he is right about it being largely irrelevant.


@Bluelightz: Your vote had the least amount of analysis behind it of any vote so far. Are you sticking with your vote or was that just to put pressure on austinmcc to start scum hunting? I will be curious to see if you and austinmcc have a dialog.


@Thrawn2112: I accuse you of only going after other people in order to direct attention away from yourself, and I accuse you of picking easy targets. Also, I accuse you of trying to disrupt communication between other players. You're quick to nit pick every post we make but you rarely follow through with your nit picking.

What do you have to say about that?


First what are you talking about with this part? " Also, I accuse you of trying to disrupt communication between other players"
Also could you be more specific with the accusations?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sinensis
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States2513 Posts
September 28 2012 04:34 GMT
#200
On September 28 2012 13:19 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2012 13:14 Sinensis wrote:
##Unvote austinmcc is being logical, compliant, and is saying things I agree with so I can't justify voting for him today anymore. Even though I disagree with him about hammer votes, he is right about it being largely irrelevant.


@Bluelightz: Your vote had the least amount of analysis behind it of any vote so far. Are you sticking with your vote or was that just to put pressure on austinmcc to start scum hunting? I will be curious to see if you and austinmcc have a dialog.


@Thrawn2112: I accuse you of only going after other people in order to direct attention away from yourself, and I accuse you of picking easy targets. Also, I accuse you of trying to disrupt communication between other players. You're quick to nit pick every post we make but you rarely follow through with your nit picking.

What do you have to say about that?


First what are you talking about with this part? " Also, I accuse you of trying to disrupt communication between other players"
Also could you be more specific with the accusations?


I am accusing you of sabotaging meaningful discussion by nit picking everyone's posts. I think you're doing this because people are voting for you and you're looking for ANYTHING that will get the spotlight off you. The problem isn't with 1 or 2 of your posts, it's most of them. How would you like me to be more specific?
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 33 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 228
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 222
Terrorterran 20
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm232
League of Legends
Doublelift6055
JimRising 770
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr35
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0359
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1247
BasetradeTV171
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP152
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo240
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 8m
Replay Cast
20h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.