• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:25
CEST 02:25
KST 09:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7318 users

Newbie Mini Mafia XXVII - Page 26

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 78 Next
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 20 2012 04:24 GMT
#501
Wait what! What on earth happened? We lynch drazak? What happened to the killing scum read? We voted for someone who our other two scum reads (assuming sharrent spoke for cubu) told us to vote for.... I'll be back after lunch but this is... a huge drop in logic imo.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 20 2012 04:54 GMT
#502
Ok one thing I will note though... It was obvious that if sharrant is mason he has a inexperianced mason partner and this would be true if cubu is his partner.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 20 2012 04:54 GMT
#503
On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Wait what! What on earth happened? We lynch drazak? What happened to the killing scum read?


After posting this near lynch deadline

On September 20 2012 06:29 JacobStrangelove wrote:killing I don't think is as scum as anyother lurker.(infact slightly less)



On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote: We voted for someone who our other two scum reads (assuming sharrent spoke for cubu) told us to vote for....


Sharrent was also willing to vote for killing
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 04:56 GMT
#504
On September 20 2012 13:54 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Wait what! What on earth happened? We lynch drazak? What happened to the killing scum read?


After posting this near lynch deadline

Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 06:29 JacobStrangelove wrote:killing I don't think is as scum as anyother lurker.(infact slightly less)



Sharrent was also willing to vote for killing[/QUOTE]

Almost made that same post, but I felt my Captain Hindsight reference was getting old.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 20 2012 05:04 GMT
#505
On September 20 2012 13:54 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Wait what! What on earth happened? We lynch drazak? What happened to the killing scum read?


After posting this near lynch deadline

Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 06:29 JacobStrangelove wrote:killing I don't think is as scum as anyother lurker.(infact slightly less)



Yeah but drazak seemed more town than killing, when I was refering to the killing being less that the lukers I was talking about stutters/cubu the two main lurkers under fire at the time.

On September 20 2012 13:54 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote: We voted for someone who our other two scum reads (assuming sharrent spoke for cubu) told us to vote for....


Sharrent was also willing to vote for killing


Yeah? I thought that was my point. I might have missed something though.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
September 20 2012 05:18 GMT
#506
On September 20 2012 14:04 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 13:54 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Wait what! What on earth happened? We lynch drazak? What happened to the killing scum read?


After posting this near lynch deadline

On September 20 2012 06:29 JacobStrangelove wrote:killing I don't think is as scum as anyother lurker.(infact slightly less)



Yeah but drazak seemed more town than killing, when I was refering to the killing being less that the lukers I was talking about stutters/cubu the two main lurkers under fire at the time.

Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 13:54 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote: We voted for someone who our other two scum reads (assuming sharrent spoke for cubu) told us to vote for....


Sharrent was also willing to vote for killing


Yeah? I thought that was my point. I might have missed something though.


Your post indicated you wanted us to have lynched killing instead of drazak and that it was bad we lynched drazak because sharrent was on board with it,,, I was just pointing out that sharrent was also on board with voting killing.

Speaking of sharrent you mention him as a scum read, is that your read on him?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 05:22 GMT
#507
On September 20 2012 14:04 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 13:54 thrawn2112 wrote:
On September 20 2012 13:24 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Wait what! What on earth happened? We lynch drazak? What happened to the killing scum read?


After posting this near lynch deadline

On September 20 2012 06:29 JacobStrangelove wrote:killing I don't think is as scum as anyother lurker.(infact slightly less)



Yeah but drazak seemed more town than killing, when I was refering to the killing being less that the lukers I was talking about stutters/cubu the two main lurkers under fire at the time.


Really?

On September 20 2012 06:15 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Switching over to killing case I can see how he fits lurker scum but also I don’t think he is more scum than stutters or drazak.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 20 2012 06:05 GMT
#508
Oh sharrent was on board with voting killing... I thought you repeated about him being on board with the drazak vote. My bad working of 4 hours sleep or so. (you can check the time I posted to verify this) I actually fell asleep in my lecture for about 5 min -_-

Oh I see what happened... While reading the thread I switched my thoughts of who I thought was scum, but obviously never mentioned it as this was my first post back.

Also yeah that is my read on sharrent. I still need to proccess the fact that he called out who he says is his mason partner. but you have to realise cubu isn't in the thread to verify this. He could have been betting on cubu being mod killed to avoid retrubution or he could have simply called it out to trade one mafia for town instead of one mafia for nobody.

Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 20 2012 06:10 GMT
#509
I didn't actually know about the no-lynch until the mod posted about it. If I had, I would've suggested it quite a while ago. I'm assuming that voting for a no-lynch works the same way as voting for a lynch, in that we just need a majority of votes (and not every vote like you said). Maybe I'm wrong on this.

There weren't any exceptionally strong arguments against killer / drazak. The consensus was "eh, he's kinda scummy, and kinda lurking, and he's kinda the best option, let's kill him and see what happens". The problem with choosing between killer and drazak is that, like I meant earlier, mafia has a lot of power here. If killer turns out to be mafia, his team can go for a drazak vote and the bandwagon easily follows because nobody has strong feelings one way or the other. The time constraint and confusion was really perfect for something like this.

So yeah, as a principle I'd support no-lynching (on day one only) versus doing a half-assed lynch on someone else.

I'm mostly waiting for Cubu / his replacement to comment about the mason thing, as that's the key factor to Sharrant's innocence. When he made the claim he had no idea whether or not Cubu would end up posting and voting, which makes lying an amazingly ballsy play.

Will be around again tomorrow afternoon.

Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 06:11 GMT
#510
On September 20 2012 15:05 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Also yeah that is my read on sharrent. I still need to proccess the fact that he called out who he says is his mason partner. but you have to realise cubu isn't in the thread to verify this. He could have been betting on cubu being mod killed to avoid retrubution or he could have simply called it out to trade one mafia for town instead of one mafia for nobody.


No.

On September 20 2012 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
if someone makes 2 posts but doesn't vote do they get modkilled?


On September 20 2012 04:59 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 04:48 kushm4sta wrote:
if someone makes 2 posts but doesn't vote do they get modkilled?


I'd either give a warning or start looking for a replacement, depending on how I look at it.


I will make a detailed post on the mason claim once Sharrant responds. I have it typed out already, but I don't want to comment on it.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 06:12 GMT
#511
EBWOP: To clarify, if Cubu didn't vote he'd get subbed. If Cubu voted, he'd be back in the thread.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
September 20 2012 06:14 GMT
#512
lol ^ I'm going to bed... I'll be on later tonight and hopefully in a state to reply and accuse propperly.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 06:16 GMT
#513
On September 20 2012 15:10 Atreides- wrote:
I didn't actually know about the no-lynch until the mod posted about it. If I had, I would've suggested it quite a while ago. I'm assuming that voting for a no-lynch works the same way as voting for a lynch, in that we just need a majority of votes (and not every vote like you said). Maybe I'm wrong on this.

There weren't any exceptionally strong arguments against killer / drazak. The consensus was "eh, he's kinda scummy, and kinda lurking, and he's kinda the best option, let's kill him and see what happens". The problem with choosing between killer and drazak is that, like I meant earlier, mafia has a lot of power here. If killer turns out to be mafia, his team can go for a drazak vote and the bandwagon easily follows because nobody has strong feelings one way or the other. The time constraint and confusion was really perfect for something like this.

So yeah, as a principle I'd support no-lynching (on day one only) versus doing a half-assed lynch on someone else.

I'm mostly waiting for Cubu / his replacement to comment about the mason thing, as that's the key factor to Sharrant's innocence. When he made the claim he had no idea whether or not Cubu would end up posting and voting, which makes lying an amazingly ballsy play.

Will be around again tomorrow afternoon.



So you're seriously entering the thread starting to discuss lurker policy 30 hours into the game? After having made no productive contributions at all?
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 06:18 GMT
#514
Err, 50 hours.
Atreides-
Profile Joined June 2009
United States103 Posts
September 20 2012 06:19 GMT
#515
lol

In response to this:
On September 20 2012 12:40 debears wrote:
Why would you want a no lynch? Even though the mason claim caused confusion, there were two reasonable candidates in drazak and KillingTime who had been lurking with scummy tells. All a no lynch would have done is keep lurkers around.


Cubu
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1171 Posts
September 20 2012 06:39 GMT
#516
Guys im sorry but i don't think i can play. My assignment is taking way way longer than i would expect.
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 06:46 GMT
#517
On September 20 2012 15:39 Cubu wrote:
Guys im sorry but i don't think i can play. My assignment is taking way way longer than i would expect.


Are you mason?
Sonic Death Monkey
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden991 Posts
September 20 2012 06:49 GMT
#518
On September 20 2012 15:19 Atreides- wrote:
lol

In response to this:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2012 12:40 debears wrote:
Why would you want a no lynch? Even though the mason claim caused confusion, there were two reasonable candidates in drazak and KillingTime who had been lurking with scummy tells. All a no lynch would have done is keep lurkers around.




Brilliant, don't bother quoting the post from a different page that you're responding to.

You were saying that you supported a lynch of a lurker (Cubu in specific), yet when a lynch of a lurker happens you're saying "it's obvious now that the mafia had a strong hand in it". What's your reasoning behind that?
debears
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2516 Posts
September 20 2012 07:02 GMT
#519
Atreides- United States. September 20 2012 15:10. Posts 71 PM Profile Quote #
filter
I didn't actually know about the no-lynch until the mod posted about it. If I had, I would've suggested it quite a while ago. I'm assuming that voting for a no-lynch works the same way as voting for a lynch, in that we just need a majority of votes (and not every vote like you said). Maybe I'm wrong on this.

There weren't any exceptionally strong arguments against killer / drazak. The consensus was "eh, he's kinda scummy, and kinda lurking, and he's kinda the best option, let's kill him and see what happens".

So yeah, as a principle I'd support no-lynching (on day one only) versus doing a half-assed lynch on someone else.


Where do you get that this was the consensus. There is a reason why they showed up as targets. Although they posted, their posts did not contain much. They voted for other players without stating their own reasons.

One thing has just now came to my mind.

The instant bandwagon against him is pretty interesting, and it's obvious now that the mafia had a strong hand in it.


Is that why you wanted a no lynch?

The problem with choosing between killer and drazak is that, like I meant earlier, mafia has a lot of power here. If killer turns out to be mafia, his team can go for a drazak vote and the bandwagon easily follows because nobody has strong feelings one way or the other. The time constraint and confusion was really perfect for something like this.


The problem with this logic is that you could have said the same for drazak if you don't look at the situation with hindsight. Drazak and Killing did similar things. In fact, any lynching can be due to mafia. Who do you feel is the most mafia right now?

Also, mafia can essentially bandwagon on a no lynch also. A no lynch makes it alright for everyone to prevent taking sides on arguments "because no one has strong feelings one way or another". The mafia can hide behind it.
KillingTime
Profile Joined August 2012
France101 Posts
September 20 2012 07:15 GMT
#520
I obviously know that lynching me would have been a mislynch aswell. For me, I left the thread with 2 votes on debears, and several people who had previously felt that he looked scummy... and instead drazak got lynched. Herp derp - before I think too much about the endgame hour though I think we need to sort out this cubu/sharrant mason thing asap given that some are still not convinced. Obviously Cubu is not going to help.
Is it allowed to ask Sharrant to post a link to the mason quicktopic to prove his claim?
I am asking the mods first because I feel like it might not be, but it wasn't clear in the rules (it says you can post your role pm and the sample role pm makes no mention of not being able to post the quicktopic link to the thread if you choose)
Prev 1 24 25 26 27 28 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings58
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 134
SpeCial 105
CosmosSc2 43
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1562
Rain 1545
Artosis 623
910 58
Bale 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm123
League of Legends
Doublelift3765
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox225
Other Games
summit1g9106
shahzam560
JimRising 412
C9.Mang0345
PiGStarcraft272
Maynarde130
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
BasetradeTV174
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream21
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP58
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21504
Other Games
• imaqtpie823
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 35m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
10h 35m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
23h 35m
Patches Events
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.