• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:35
CEST 20:35
KST 03:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8949 users

Dwarf Fortress Mini Mafia - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 34 Next All
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 12 2012 04:12 GMT
#461
@slOosh
Yes I'd be interested to hear your other reasons on HiroPro.

My only real beef with him apart from his vote switch and his lurking is how he goes from saying nothing at all about CL from confidently asserting that CL is scum based on 1 post. And he appeals to 'vet knowledge' in his case against CL, which I think is scummy.

I think it only makes any sense to lynch HiroPro today if you think it is quite possible that HiroPro is scum but that prplhz is town. Do you think this is likely? Do you really see HiroPro making that vote switch in this scenario?
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
August 12 2012 04:31 GMT
#462
On August 12 2012 13:12 sciberbia wrote:
@slOosh
Yes I'd be interested to hear your other reasons on HiroPro.

My only real beef with him apart from his vote switch and his lurking is how he goes from saying nothing at all about CL from confidently asserting that CL is scum based on 1 post. And he appeals to 'vet knowledge' in his case against CL, which I think is scummy.

I think it only makes any sense to lynch HiroPro today if you think it is quite possible that HiroPro is scum but that prplhz is town. Do you think this is likely? Do you really see HiroPro making that vote switch in this scenario?

I think it was TL Mafia LIV where town was split between two mislynches, and Risen (scum) switched from one townie to another, much similar to the situation we have here. What ended up happening was that everyone started thinking like you are right now, saying "no way scum would bother doing that", and for that no one suspected him. I'm not saying that HiroPro is scum and prplhz is town - please don't insinuate that I am. I'm saying the possibility is there and pidgeon-holing our mentality like that can really backfire.

My reasons on HiroPro is general feel of his tone and approach. I played with him in PYP: Poison where I he was much more straight forward and clear, and on several occasions this game I find him to do the opposite. So a combination of meta and what I would call indecisiveness (not taking hard stances but willing to cast suspicions no problem).
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
August 12 2012 04:32 GMT
#463
In any case it's getting late, so here's probably my last post before deadline.

##Vote: prplhz
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 12 2012 04:40 GMT
#464
@slOosh
Point taken. We shouldn't completely rule out the possibility that HiroPro is scum and prplhz is town. Still, I think the overall chance that prplhz is scum is marginally greater than the overall chance that HiroPro is scum, so I'm staying on prplhz.

@DYH
I'm still interested to hear what's going through your mind right now.

I'll be playing some starcraft for the next hour or several.
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
August 12 2012 04:59 GMT
#465
On August 12 2012 12:47 sciberbia wrote:
@DYH
Have you thought any more about prplhz and CL? How likely do you think each of them is to be scum? Will you be leaving your vote on CL or are you open to switching?


Yes, I am willing to switch to prplhz. I did not find as much supporting evidence in CL's filter as I was hoping to. HOWEVER, right now, I am demanding to know who CL actually is. I am seriously frustrated knowing that he is a vet but I can't look into his past games. Is it jcarlsoniv? is that what that whole thing that got edited out was about?

Prplhz really hasn't done anything to ease my suspicions of him from day1, I just loathe backing off my own case in favor of someone else wagon. I still lean slightly scum on CL, but that is the beauty of a prplhz lynch. If prplhz flips town then I'll be pretty confident I'm right about CL, if he flips scum then we get even more information because of how much he was discussed day1 (and I'll know scib is probably right about CL's actions). Win-win for me. And don't yell at me for lynching for information slOosh. prplhz is plenty scummy in his own right. It is just an added benefit that I get extra information from a prplhz flip.

##Unvote
##Vote: prplhz
Guts? Determination? $5?
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
August 12 2012 05:09 GMT
#466
On August 12 2012 13:59 DoYouHas wrote:
HOWEVER, right now, I am demanding to know who CL actually is. I am seriously frustrated knowing that he is a vet but I can't look into his past games. Is it jcarlsoniv? is that what that whole thing that got edited out was about?

Lol. Isn't that the whole point of playing on a smurf account to begin with? Either to 1) escape your meta so you can try different things, or 2) not have people biased against you just because of who you are.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
August 12 2012 05:48 GMT
#467
On August 12 2012 14:09 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2012 13:59 DoYouHas wrote:
HOWEVER, right now, I am demanding to know who CL actually is. I am seriously frustrated knowing that he is a vet but I can't look into his past games. Is it jcarlsoniv? is that what that whole thing that got edited out was about?

Lol. Isn't that the whole point of playing on a smurf account to begin with? Either to 1) escape your meta so you can try different things, or 2) not have people biased against you just because of who you are.


That is the price you pay for being a vet, you gain skill and experience but you also build a meta. And it isn't like CL is playing some off the wall style or anything, why be afraid of his meta?
Guts? Determination? $5?
Custos Luna
Profile Joined August 2012
United States96 Posts
August 12 2012 06:09 GMT
#468
The true reason I'm smurfing is that it has been a long time since I've played, and I wished to walk in with a clean slate, both from your PoV and mine.
We are the guardians of the moon, foes to the sun. Embrace the heresy.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
August 12 2012 06:12 GMT
#469
Could someone explain to me why prplhz is so scummy? I've looked through Custodis filter and seen a lot less scumminess than I'd have hoped for. But I don't see to much at all from prplhz. His lurkiness except for when he's fighting for his life doesn't seem all that scummy to me because that was how I played in my last game. D1+D3 I was pretty active, but I spent most of my free time D2 playing DeusEx. The days I was under heavy suspicion: D1+D3. I'm not saying this makes prplhz town, I just think that lynching based on someone's only activity being defensive isn't such a great idea.

Also, somehow Shiao has somehow escaped being labeled a lurker despite not having posted at all this cycle.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 12 2012 06:25 GMT
#470
@Mordanis
I wouldn't describe prplhz as "so scummy". It's not like there is enough in his filter to even get a good scumread off of. It's just that none of the active players look scummy to me right now, so I think we should lynch into the lurkers. prplhz has done literally nothing this game to make me think he is town. If you suggest another player that you find scummy, I'd be happy to evaluate your case (although I think it's a bit late for a new candidate today).

reasons prplhz is my preferred lynch over other lurkers
On August 12 2012 09:39 sciberbia wrote:
My main issues with prplhz are as follows:
-- with the exception of Mad Men, he does clearly seem to care more as town than as scum
-- he only became active yesterday when under threat of lynch
-- even in his all activity, all he really did was defend himself and insist on the Forumite counterwagon
-- he promised to contribute today, but still hasn't done anything
-- I'm quite suspicious of HiroPro as well, and I think HiroPro is only likely to be scum if prplhz is as well

Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
August 12 2012 06:36 GMT
#471
As I said earlier, I don't really trust the timing of his activity to be a strong indicator of alignment. So at that point, I see Shiao, Risk, prplhz, and Hiro with basically the same lack of activity, and a growing bandwagon on prpl.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 12 2012 06:52 GMT
#472
@Mordanis
I think that the extent to which prplhz has not cared about this game is suspicious in light of his meta. I looked at the two games Hiro referenced, in addition to a couple of games where prplhz was town, and he looked clearly more invested in the games where he was town.

Shiao at least has a lot of activity yesterday that we can judge him for. We've discussed Hiro vs prplhz a lot. risk.nuke I haven't looked at all that closely, but there are 1 or 2 things in his filter that give me a townie feel, so I find him slightly less suspicious than Hiro/prplhz.

You seem to be expressing discontent with a lynch on prplhz, but you also do not seem very confident that CL is scum, and you are not suggesting another candidate. Who would you most like to lynch right now?
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
August 12 2012 07:03 GMT
#473
Frankly I don't know. On the one hand you have CL who made a large mistake in sheeping me, but it isn't alignment-indicative. It's pretty shitty play regardless. On the other hand, you have prpl who has been inactive save for defense. Really, at this point they both seem like bad cases. I really need to read through for a while before I can return with my thoughts. I will say however that all things being equal I would favor the lurker-lynch on the grounds that it might light a fire under the remaining lurkers' asses and get them posting.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 12 2012 07:06 GMT
#474
OK I'm going to bed. I'll be up right before the deadline. Good night.
Mordanis
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States893 Posts
August 12 2012 08:15 GMT
#475
What it comes down to is whether to lynch CL for his mistakes. IMO "scumslips" are useful tools to enhance your scumhunting, not auto-lynch heuristics. The idea is that scum are more likely than town to "slip", so you look at players who "slip" to confirm their scumminess or store the information away for later. CL has in my mind 2 slips/mistakes. His "IFoundAllTheScumteam" post and his sheeping my vote. While I was at work, during the slower times I was trying to figure out whether CL's play was scummy or rusty. I couldn't decide. After reading through his filter, I have come to believe that he is not scum. CL is obviously a bit rusty, and so if he were scum I'd expect to be able to find lots of little scum-tells along with the major mistakes. I just didn't find any, and not for lack of effort. In short, it simply doesn't make any sense to me to assume that someone is good enough to have a filter basically free from little scum-tells but bad enough to make massive mistakes unless there isn't anything for that player to hide.

It would be completely worthless to switch my vote to anyone other than prpl at this point, but I still feel that I need to comment on him. I feel it is highly likely at least one of the scum are lurking pretty hard, simply because the setup strongly encourages it. 3 mislynches plus 3 night kills yields victory to the scum. While lurkers by their nature don't really contribute, prpl really hasn't done anything at all the entire game. He voted for his counter-wagon, defended himself, and added more to the counterwagon. Take those away and he has zero content. He obviously cares at least a little to save his own ass but doesn't seem to give a shit about finding scum or even contributing to discussion in any way. I do find that scummy.

## Unvote
## Vote prplhz


Luna diem integram novumque tibi donaverit. Aut nox donaverit. Teneas gratior et leta gobbae.
The moon has given you a new and fresh day. Or she has given you a night.You may choose whichever pleases you more and you must kill scum.
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... it smells like... victory. -_^ Favorite SC2 match ->Liquid`HerO vs. SlayerS CranK g.1 @MLG Summer Championship
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
August 12 2012 10:48 GMT
#476
I'm sorry. I started doing some heavy analysing last night with the purpose of finnishing it before the deadline. But unfortunatly I got incredibly bussy trying to secure accommodations for when I start the uni in 2 weeks. There will very likely be something big from me today. Sadly it will not be before the deadline since I'm in step 1/3 and only about 1/3 done with step 1.

Posting to let you know what I'm doing and to let you know I am here.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
August 12 2012 11:26 GMT
#477
Just got internet again and won't be alble to stick around soon. Wll be skimming through now to make a decision for my vote
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
August 12 2012 13:53 GMT
#478
First off I am really really sorry for not being able to be active the last couple of days. I expected to have internet access in the hostel I was staying in, obviously my belief was wrong and so I had been stuck with it until I found time/place to get access. Even right now I am on limited time, so I apologize for being brief, I`ll make up for it at night after the deadline when I am back home with internet.

After I read through, I have to say it was surprising how fast the bandwagon on cl gathered steam, considering how townie like he played (at least imo). While DYH had a good argument with CL giving his highest scumread the choice of lynch, it kind of was outweighed by double-lynch shenanigans and the general pro town behaviour he shows in his posts.

Looking through the thread it gets kind of obvious that we have risk.nuke and prhplz not caring at all this game. While I find both suspicious, I would be more happy with a risk.nuke lynch but seeing that as probably not possible in the hour left til deadline, and me being unable to react in time since I won't be around for much longer, I'll put my vote on prhplz

##Vote: prphlz

will post more and answer any questions directed at me as soon as I am back home. sorry again for the inactivity.
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 12 2012 15:01 GMT
#479
Night post incoming?
Bluelightz
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Indonesia2463 Posts
August 12 2012 15:20 GMT
#480
yeah, prplhz lynched. Flavor coming....
Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue, Radiation Is Good Because Nuclear bombs go BOOM | I love TL Mafia! ♥ http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 ♥| Mvp is most boss
Prev 1 22 23 24 25 26 34 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM840
TaKeTV 320
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 206
BRAT_OK 114
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 840
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 206
MaxPax 173
BRAT_OK 114
UpATreeSC 90
EmSc Tv 18
MindelVK 15
JuggernautJason13
Nathanias 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 714
ggaemo 176
White-Ra 124
firebathero 122
910 56
Barracks 52
Hyun 36
Trap 29
Bale 25
Killer 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 21
Shine 15
soO 14
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4017
Counter-Strike
Fnx 776
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby7048
crisheroes1742
Liquid`Hasu1513
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi3701
singsing1496
Beastyqt768
ceh9678
B2W.Neo487
ArmadaUGS161
C9.Mang0150
KnowMe90
Trikslyr54
Dewaltoss33
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream437
Other Games
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 102
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 18
• FirePhoenix14
• Azhi_Dahaki5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2439
• TFBlade874
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 25m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 25m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.