• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:01
CEST 20:01
KST 03:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8195 users

Dwarf Fortress Mini Mafia - Page 34

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 All
Keirathi
Profile Joined May 2012
United States4679 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-18 23:01:14
August 18 2012 22:56 GMT
#661
On August 19 2012 07:46 sciberbia wrote:
Because I don't know why scum would have wanted me dead if sloosh was also town. Like I'd have just been leading town in all the wrong directions if I were alive D3 and sloosh was town. And they definitely risked a doc save to kill me.

It's hard to say this game because slOosh was scum, but in a hypothetical situation in which you were town *AND* sloosh was town at the end of day2, I really see no reason to kill slOosh over you. You were active, pushing reads, defending cases, and generally taking control over the thread. Scum can't afford someone with that much presence to stay alive, even if he has been off on his reads a bit. You would have eventually gotten it right, and had enough town cred to follow through with it, whereas sloosh might not have.

E: Holy run-on sentence, batman.
My dear friend if I have gone pants on head, you have gone socks on ears!!! -ShiaoPi
DoYouHas
Profile Joined November 2008
United States1140 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-18 23:15:21
August 18 2012 23:13 GMT
#662
Marv hit: I had a blue read on you because of 3 things. First was that you participated a fair bit in the discussion of how blues were going to work that game. Second was that you were talking about possibilities around watchers when everyone else seemed more interested in trackers and the innocent child thing. Third was that you seemed to be flying under the radar after the blue discussion. Vaguely pro-town but nothing really to make you stand out. Since I had been gone for ~3 months I didn't know that you were a good scum hunter or a vet worth noting. Not doing that research almost had that hit backfire in my face.

Scib hit: We hit you because you were the biggest threat. Nobody was on the right track, but night 2 was going to be our only real chance to kill you (because we figured you were protected N1). The only person with enough influence and momentum to get the thread out of the quagmire it had become was you. And if you happened to make a case against either me or slOosh, or even if you went after someone we didn't want lynched, you had too much town cred to be argued against safely. I had hoped that the mislynch of Forumite would slow you down and keep you from taking control but that wasn't the case.

Keirathi hit: You were the only townie left in the game who seemed like you could still be objective with your scum hunting. Hence, the only real threat left. Also, the carelessness of CL and Mord's play along with how they participated in the blue discussion at the beginning had me cross them off the list of possible docs. (At the end of day 1 my blue reads were Marv for watcher, shiaopi/Keirathi/risk for doc.) Shiaopi I figured was less likely that Keirathi because he was not as cautious or as invested. Keirathi was holding himself apart from most of the cases and drama in the thread, coming in with a few self assured comments and a vote here and there. He was clearly invested in keeping the town moving forward, but also avoided drawing attention to himself. After risk died, Keirathi was the clear choice.


P.S. You will note that a lot of this isn't in the mafia QT. These were my reasons for each hit, (and I had a pretty large say in it) whether or not I needed to use them to convince slOosh/prplhz.
Guts? Determination? $5?
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25562 Posts
August 18 2012 23:27 GMT
#663
DYH was the guy who sent in the hits each night and had the final say on who did and didn't get hit-- these reasons seem smart, and helped his team win. I think scum did a good job with their hits this game.
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 18 2012 23:34 GMT
#664
mm. definitely going to have to be more careful when i'm blue in the future. his reasons for sniping me seem quite legit.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
August 18 2012 23:59 GMT
#665
Yea the NK's and RB usage (or lack thereof) really could not have been any better even if scum were handed the full role list and knew all our night actions in advance. Overall DYH, I think your's has been the best scum performance I have witnessed so far. Congrats on your win.

If I ever roll scum, I want DYH on my team. Potential hosts, please take note.
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
August 19 2012 11:15 GMT
#666
Some thoughts regarding the game.

The main problem was imo that there were few people who successfully established themselves as townie and the few who did (marv, scib come to mind) got shot at first chance, having several scummy-looking players (me, CL, Mord) did not really help as we were pretty much just at each others throats allowing scum to fly by under the radar as sloosh did or even establish themselves as townie like DYH did. Just gave way too much scummy material for actual scum to work on cases :D

The other big aspect of town's loss was inactivtiy. As soon as the more active posters were dead the thread was just crawling along.

So in conclusion I would say, DYH's great play+inactivity+stupid scummy townies = easy scum victory! ^^

In Retrospect I would really know how to establish yourself as townie, I look at least a bit scummy in every game I play (only rolled VT) thus far and it kind of gets annoying that I am not improving on that regard. Any tips?
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
August 19 2012 11:21 GMT
#667
I can't remember details, but at least one of your cases was disastrously weak. Keirathi and I were kinda boggled you used Mordanis' verbosity against him when it's totally alignment-null for him and you know that.

Also there was something about the day 1 lynch voting where you didn't come off too well I think.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
risk.nuke
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden2825 Posts
August 19 2012 15:20 GMT
#668
I was suspicious of sloosh because he was so far out of his townmeta but honestly I just forgot about him as I was dealing with first things first. I probably gave DYH to much towncred for his prplhz. Was dead sure he was town untill he sheeped keirathis case just like that. But I was sure CL was scum and I was basing my read on DYH on the false assumption that CL was mafa.

I thought CL + Shia was the scumteam.
If Shia flipped town: CL + Sloosh
If CL flipped town: Shia + DYH

I was pretty sure scum was controlling the town. It seemed the most plausible scenario since the town was handling situations like idiots. I was pretty shocked when it turned out to be the two lurkers.
Neo.G Soulkey, Best, firebathero. // http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
August 19 2012 20:28 GMT
#669
Sorry for not being present last cycle, didn't anticipate the trip would interfere with mafia play. Any excuse for lack of internet etc. were all genuine stuff that I would have had as town, I guess it just meshed well with the inactivity of town.

I feel like me and DYH would have been pretty easy to pick out if people re-read in light of flips and with some objectivity. For instance, when prplhz flipped scum no one really looked into D1, where I pushed scib's Forumite case which helped the mislynch. Risk's lynch didn't really make sense and even when he flipped town no one gave regard for his end post read on CL. In an especially small game like this where filter reading would have been easy, no one actually seemed to do so, and Keirathi's flip should have shown that risk's lynch was townie led but scum supported.

But yes inactivity is killer and this is why - I was never really pressured to say something that would show my contradictions. Not that you couldn't go through my filter and see how I have no direction with my reads, but it is doesn't stand out as much. Honestly if scib hadn't died N2 then we would be in huge trouble because we would have been dragged into the spotlight and our words more closely scrutinized.

Good play by DYH, even though he was uncertain / shy early on he really got involved and comfortable with his role.
Forumite
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden3280 Posts
August 19 2012 23:58 GMT
#670
GG scum!

Funny, I had Sloosh and DYH down as townies the whole game
:3
Prev 1 32 33 34 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 383
UpATreeSC 75
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1185
actioN 472
BeSt 208
Dewaltoss 145
firebathero 98
Zeus 71
Trap 36
zelot 27
soO 27
ToSsGirL 24
[ Show more ]
Sexy 23
Bale 22
JYJ 21
Shine 19
NaDa 9
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7294
qojqva2135
Dendi733
420jenkins151
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1168
Fnx 727
x6flipin361
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6707
crisheroes5077
Liquid`Hasu773
Other Games
Beastyqt733
B2W.Neo592
ceh9506
byalli344
ArmadaUGS162
C9.Mang0148
KnowMe148
Khaldor133
TKL 118
BRAT_OK 79
Trikslyr54
Railgan10
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV264
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream137
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH309
• StrangeGG 61
• Reevou 6
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 43
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 19
• FirePhoenix13
• ZZZeroYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV408
League of Legends
• Nemesis3758
• TFBlade925
Other Games
• Shiphtur342
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
5h 59m
Kung Fu Cup
16h 59m
Stellar Fest
18h 59m
The PondCast
1d 15h
OSC
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.