• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:50
CEST 21:50
KST 04:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

The Sum of All Fears Mafia - Page 57

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 Next
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
April 04 2012 22:42 GMT
#1121
On April 05 2012 02:32 wherebugsgo wrote:
Agreed with VE on this one.

Maybe CC just rolls too much scum :p

(I didn't read much, but from what little I did see I was curious as to how scum were doing so well compared to town)

Recently it seems teams are being carried more by individual efforts while mostly everyone else is as good as a bag of bricks. That's how it was in Storm for both teams, and that's how it was in the mini I hosted as well. For both sides of a team-based game it's a losing proposition to give up or stop trying.

Some of the people who have been playing ages act elitist and end up forcing the newbies into compliance, by playing off their lack of skill. That makes it hard to get a solid read on the sheep.
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
April 04 2012 22:43 GMT
#1122
On April 05 2012 07:39 slOosh wrote:
Will definitely keep this in mind - I think I just got lazy and scrolled through when I saw a huge post with empty space everywhere ><

this is sort of what I was getting at when I kept on saying "gonzaw your big posts are unclear". it's hard to push based on that, but yah
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 04 2012 22:49 GMT
#1123
On April 05 2012 07:33 Probulous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 05 2012 05:19 slOosh wrote:
In ObsQT Probulous wrote:
The difference between Sinensis and Gonzaw, is that Gonzaw has been labelled scum repeatedly and yet is stil hiding under the radar.

Could anyone explain how this works and how to employ this strategy to scumhunt?


Show nested quote +
Well I have the luck of having played with VE previously so I know he does this stuff, even as town. I don't know why Gonzaw hasn't been pushed more. He joins the thread half way through a shitstorm and doesn't comment on it?


That was post prior to that. The point being that whilst Gonzaw had been FOS'd he clearly wasn't concerned with contributing. He was responding to stuff that related to him and nothing else. You however were lurking but pointing out little things that peope were missing. You were clearly paying attention whilst Gonzaw looked like he was trying to be active without contributing.

Flying under the radar to me is not about not posting or not being FOS'd, it is about being in the thread with no-one paying attention to you. The fact that world war III was happening and he jumped in with this post (Klicky) which was just a big distraction especially that it was focused on Bluelightz who is really difficult to read day 1. Then the only thing he says about the whole BH/VE thing was

Show nested quote +
BH, I quite like this new style of yours, at least it's better than the one you started with in this game.
What do you think about Blue BH? And what do you think about me?


It was like this stuff didn't matter. Every other townie was confused and trying to work out the whole BH/VE/C_C thing and he jumps in with a case on Bluelightz of all people.

It just seemed really weird to arrive on the scene of a massacre and comment on the drapes.



Even when I'm town I don't care about the massive (petty) arguments people have, specially if BH is involved in one.

If I think both players involved are town I just insult both of them tell them to stop and dwell on something else (I think I did the same on Aperture).
Yeah, I know I didn't "take part" of that discussion that much, but really what would you expect I was scum >_>


I still don't see how everybody thought I was scum because I FoSed Blue "out of all people"...I mean, I would have done the same if I was town I think

I caught him as scum one game, and see he acts EXACTLY the same in the next game, I actually found it odd how many people were defending him.
Of course that made things better for us.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 04 2012 22:51 GMT
#1124
Hey! Don't you guys be hating on my posting style >_>
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 04 2012 23:18 GMT
#1125
It is because from what I have seen on blue he never does stuff that makes his alignment clear. When he is town he posts lists of null reads, he does the same as scum. He scumslips day in and day out and he disappears from the thread. Maybe you have an ability to read him but keep in mind you were actually on his team this game. You may say you would have made the same case but we can never know. It is really hard not to notice stuff that you know to be true.

"Yeah, I know I didn't "take part" of that discussion that much, but really what would you expect I was scum >_>"

Exactly. I am glad that I had you pegged early. I had the same thing in my first game. Both times I have wavered on my read and changed it because you seemed to be contributing. You know that means when we play together you are going to have to start well with me. Otherwise I am will be convinced you are scum. If you get miss-lynched blame it on your succesfull scum play

Yes your posting style is aweful to read. There is so much white space that things don't flow. If you want to break up things, use headings. Better yet separate your sections into separate posts. I think use of bolded headings, lists and keeping posts relatively short helps get people to understand your case better.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 23:28:52
April 04 2012 23:28 GMT
#1126
But I used the "----" lines like people told me to


EDIT: Being "aweful to read" isn't that offensive this game.
I mean, that's good for scum isn't it?
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 04 2012 23:34 GMT
#1127
On April 05 2012 08:28 gonzaw wrote:
But I used the "----" lines like people told me to


EDIT: Being "aweful to read" isn't that offensive this game.
I mean, that's good for scum isn't it?


I have it in writing now. You post like that next game and I will pull up this quote as evidence for my case. You have been warned.

As town you want people to listen to you. For two reasons, one, you think you have something worth saying and two, it establishes that you are contributing. If people don't read your case because it is formatted terribly what is the point of the case. That is why PBPAs are frowned upon. I am actively trying to stop using massive quote and pages of text for my cases. I prefer to use the whole (Klicky) thing. If people doubt what I am saying they can look it up.

It is more important to be listened to than to post stuff. Look at VE this game, he posted heaps and some really good cases but no-one listened to him after he died. Getting people to listen to you and separating bad town from scum are the two hardest things in this game for me. Good formatting helps with the first.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 23:42:39
April 04 2012 23:42 GMT
#1128
I don't think I ever did a PBPA, apart from my Zentor case at N1.

When I ask people questions or pressure them, I don't really want "other" people to read it and reflect on it or anything; I just want the guy I'm pressuring to read it, and if someone else reads and it wants to pressure that guy then great.

Could you give specific examples from this game where my posts were "aweful to read"?


I will most likely continue to use the [ hr ] linebreaks, so well, I guess I will get misslynched very often in the future >_>
I don't think anybody complained at all after I started using them though
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 04 2012 23:48 GMT
#1129
Your bluelightz case I just skimmed. It is a small thing and I wouldn't get worked up about it. I mean as you pointed out no-one else seemed to mind. If you want to help me in games where we are together try and shorten your cases to the most important stuff. Hang on I'll take a good read of your bluelightz case and edit it to show you what I mean.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
April 04 2012 23:49 GMT
#1130
I agree with prob's analysis of both BLs and GZs posting habits. GZ has improved in legibility since his last gsme thoigh
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
April 04 2012 23:54 GMT
#1131
If your post doesn't fit on a single screen, don't be surprised when I haven't read it because ive held the pgdwn key. I think the best course of action is to condense your writing some, and break your posts up.

Its not that I hate heavy reading, in fact its a requirement of my degree, but If your case is that long, you're either: A) overusing quotes to prove your point or B) waffling and including stuff that is not conclusive to them being scum. Either way your case is cheapened, whereas if you refine the key points so they fit into a post around this size, here, they should be well received. (In the example provided, it was totally ignored, but eh, whatevvvvva)
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-04 23:58:13
April 04 2012 23:57 GMT
#1132
Well, I've been improving my posting habits since I started so I don't really think I should change it drastically for now.

Although there are posts of mine that have a lot of linebreaks (and are quite big), so maybe I can put a headline in each section of it to make it better to read (unless I flip scum again >_> ).


EDIT: Wait, what cases are you guys talking about? My Zentor case or my Blue case (which I posted recently)?
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 05 2012 00:07 GMT
#1133
Here is the link to the original (Klicky)

Note that you put lots of different things into the same post which makes it difficult to find when rereading the thread. I'll break up your post into where I would make a separate post

Post 1:Your last sentence is the gist of your post here and is probably all that I would have written.
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2012 02:59 VisceraEyes wrote:
gonzaw, you're using scum defense. You're trying to discredit peoples' reads of you by discrediting me. If they agree that you're suspicious, it's because you're acting suspiciously. Stop trying to blame everything on other people.

Townies vote. Townies try and find scum. You're trying to slither out of the spotlight. Just tell us who your teammates are and we'll kill you last.

I've only seen your "case", and some points Zentor made. Everybody else is just sheeping you right now. You point a post of mine and say "This is suspicious guys, can't you see it?" and zelblade/Zentor/etc just go "Yep, now that you mention it it's suspicious".Basicly they only agree with your case and don't really present any of them own (except Zentor at times).
Defending myself against your case is the only thing to do, so if that's your definition of "discreting you" then well, yeah I'm discrediting you, but I'm just discrediting your bad case against me.

Here is what it would like if I was formatting it.
VisceraEyes
On March 28 2012 02:59 VisceraEyes wrote:
gonzaw, you're using scum defense. You're trying to discredit peoples' reads of you by discrediting me. If they agree that you're suspicious, it's because you're acting suspiciously. Stop trying to blame everything on other people. Townies vote. Townies try and find scum. You're trying to slither out of the spotlight. Just tell us who your teammates are and we'll kill you last.

Defending myself against your case is the only thing to do, so if that's your definition of "discreting you" then well, yeah I'm discrediting you, but I'm just discrediting your bad case against me.

I would then move onto a new post for my response to MrZentor. If you want me to continue let me know but I really feel you could gain a lot from simpler clearer formatting. It is a shame because you have good reads and pretty good cases but I just don't feel like reading them. I hope you understand that I am just providing my thoughts on a simple way for you to improve. We all want to get better and I think you will find that people will take you more seriously if your posts are easy to read.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
April 05 2012 00:10 GMT
#1134
My section on cases was more just in general about refining their words to not cloud out the point they're making.

Link1

Heres an example. I understand the case (and the subsequent vote) are only the last section, but commenting on absolutely everything everyone says in the thread is what leads you to making these gigantic blown out posts and that causes them to get overlooked/ignored.

Its harder to judge in this game because you were scum, you're encouraged to shit up the thread.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 05 2012 00:12 GMT
#1135
Hmmm there's that timing again

Copy cat
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Adam4167
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia1426 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 00:21:58
April 05 2012 00:20 GMT
#1136
I find it amusing that the Probulous that played in Newbie Mini Mafia II is giving advice on condensing post size

But yes, good advice. This isn't just for gonzaw, I think this is a great message to pass on to anyone who is newer to forum mafia. Saying less doesn't make you less town, saying heaps without actually saying anything is what does.


EDIT: Not implying that Gonzaw is new to forum mafia, I know hes not. This is just a trap I see newer players falling into.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
April 05 2012 00:27 GMT
#1137
I would suggest I am model example of shortening posts. I'm just a naturally glass half full kind of guy

You are quite right that I started out with pages stuff but now I am happy with my balance. I think that using direct links rather than quotes was the big thing for me. I also realised that multiple posts help build a case rather than dumping it on people.

I think guys like Syllo and to some extent Foolishness have a great style. I'm really loving slOosh's new style because that is exactly what I am aiming for. Short simple posts leading into something more substantial.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
MrZentor
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1648 Posts
April 05 2012 00:42 GMT
#1138
I still don't see why you guys killed me when nobody counter claimed SU doctor.
Falling’s just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination.
gonzaw
Profile Joined December 2011
Uruguay4911 Posts
April 05 2012 00:49 GMT
#1139
First, well, I don't want to double or triple post just because my posts are big. It's the same thing if I have 1 big posts with 3 defined sections or 3 consecutive small posts; except the 1st one wastes less space.

Like I said, maybe I should put some headlines, like some people put Re: [stuff] and the like

Second, you are aware I was scum right? >_>
Yes I could have defended myself against VE concisely, but the more I dragged out the issue and the more I posted things just because the better
slOosh
Profile Joined October 2009
3291 Posts
April 05 2012 02:03 GMT
#1140
On April 05 2012 09:42 MrZentor wrote:
I still don't see why you guys killed me when nobody counter claimed SU doctor.

Well, I decided you had to die because of paranoia that cccalf may have been the doctor and mafia were indeed going for the medic fish.

But look at your actions from an objective standpoint.

You clutter the thread and make it nigh impossible to read, and draw total attention on yourself allowing the mafia to lurk hardcore, or worse, attack you and look good in the process (giving them a cheap outlet for "activity"), incite emotional responses from the townies which no doubt increased frustration / hindered scumhunting (and doing the flipside for mafia).
And your conclusion from this "gambit" is ... nothing. (here is the post, warning it is very large). Almost all of it could have been posted at the start of D2 without your "gambit", and could have led to a much more successful town discussion and subsequent scumhunting / lynching.

The only "redeeming factor" is that you claim doctor, which makes it even more bogus as you are the remaining doctor. I mean it is good play to pretend to be VT so you don't get bluesniped, but you flat out pretended to be scum, and then expect people to willfully accept your claim (p.s. I did get kinda mad for everyone just buying that claim straightup)

Everything you did D2 actively promoted scum agenda. And if you want to make the case that cccalf was a better choice (which you didn't since you voted Nemesis anyways), I'd argue against it as he didn't piledrive D2 into the mud.

I apologize if my tone is offensive; it just boils down to 'you played like scum, you get lynched like scum'.

Next time I recommend taking the "traditional" route of logic / reasoning. I definitely think there is room for inciting emotional response as evidence and whatnot, but you took it too far. At least that is what I think.
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason78
BRAT_OK 67
Railgan 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 17824
Mini 379
Dewaltoss 185
Hyuk 140
ggaemo 109
firebathero 106
ZZZero.O 79
Terrorterran 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8267
febbydoto12
League of Legends
Doublelift1370
Counter-Strike
Fnx 603
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4437
Khaldor1382
crisheroes931
Liquid`Hasu798
Other Games
summit1g3881
FrodaN2983
fl0m1108
Beastyqt798
KnowMe337
mouzStarbuck332
ArmadaUGS133
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1147
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 112
• Adnapsc2 24
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 50
• 80smullet 22
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8240
Other Games
• imaqtpie746
• Shiphtur261
• tFFMrPink 18
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 10m
INu's Battles
16h 10m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 10m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 10m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 10m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.