• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:41
CEST 22:41
KST 05:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6192 users

Hammer Mini Mafia - Page 36

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 54 Next
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2012 12:22 GMT
#701
I don't think so, I mean, I don't think anyone can in hindsight claim that it was a good idea. It's obvious we're gaining a lot of information from who trades whom.
Computer says mafia
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
January 31 2012 14:07 GMT
#702
It's just that this is a no-flip closed setup, it's crazy to think of a plan and even considering to enforce it, and there could be scum trade-riggers and cowboys and nothing is gained from blindly policy lynching people who wouldn't follow the plan. Making huge plans that prevents content generation seems ludicrous to me in a no-flip setup where analysis is all that we have. I have no idea why Jackal58 thinks you're town based solely on your being against a plan, when the plan was crazy from the beginning and this worries me along with the weird VP he received from Dirkzor. I haven't read Dirkzor very heavily though.

I am having a somewhat difficult time convincing myself that layabout is scum. He didn't care about the day1 lynch as much as I think he did in Student Mafia and then this post seems scummy to me. He also hides a lot of his analysis away in spoilers, he always does this but I think it's been really bad this game like he's ashamed or like he's trying to hide instead of being KICKASS and wanting everybody to listen to him like he did in Student Mafia. In Student Mafia he had a good analysis on xtfftc that he didn't hide in spoilers, in this game he hid his [UoN]Sentinel analysis in spoilers and also some stuff on me that I actually missed the first time around. In his favor is a lot of activity, but then he's always ALWAYS active.

Now one's gone insane. You tend to have that effect on people.

LSB seems to have kept his focus all game long, becoming a bit flustered in the face of your accusations, and in the end, with all the effort he's put into the game he hasn't done anything townie. He pushed a plan which I think was terrible and he pushed a lynch which I think was bad. LSB is supposed to be good and stuff. He could easily be scum. Maybe it's just that it seems too easy that you just out 4 scum on day2.

Also, you can't extort me because you know I'm town. I'll help you with your lynches but you may need to give a little more than "VisceraEyes traded LSB traded layabout traded risk.nuke traded me, and thusly they're all scum" at some point. Mostly just to satisfy my curiosity.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Jackal58
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4264 Posts
January 31 2012 14:23 GMT
#703
On January 31 2012 23:07 prplhz wrote:
It's just that this is a no-flip closed setup, it's crazy to think of a plan and even considering to enforce it, and there could be scum trade-riggers and cowboys and nothing is gained from blindly policy lynching people who wouldn't follow the plan. Making huge plans that prevents content generation seems ludicrous to me in a no-flip setup where analysis is all that we have. I have no idea why Jackal58 thinks you're town based solely on your being against a plan, when the plan was crazy from the beginning and this worries me along with the weird VP he received from Dirkzor. I haven't read Dirkzor very heavily though.

It really has nothing to do with his being against the plan. It has all to do with the way he flat out rejected the plan. It is attitude not content that has me convinced he's town. I don't remember which game it was but I proposed a late game plan that would have forced the remaining scum in the game to either agree to being lynched or outing themselves. Our dear cowboy Palmar rejected the plan outright. He was town. He was lynched I believe. But his rejection was the same tone and attitude he used in this game. Scummy Palmar has no balls like that. Townie Palmar is a fucking cowboy. We got us a townie Palmar.
Life can only kill you once.
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
January 31 2012 14:31 GMT
#704
What about Palmar in Responsibility Mafia! ? He called out L on day1, and L was actually scum. That's some ballsy traitor play. If you can really just tell by his tone then I'm really impressed. This "tone" thing is something some people talk about but I doubt I have even the faintest conception of what it's supposed to be.

Also, this is really post-game stuff I'm talking about, I'm not trying to arouse suspicion against Palmar. He's town alright. I'm just curious.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2012 15:10 GMT
#705
Tone is actually very important, the best way to figure out someone's alignment is to try and achieve the mindset in which that person was in when they wrote that post.

Which is why my emotional, theatrical, arrogant and aggressive town play makes my scum play one of the weakest on TL. It's so easy to tell when I'm in the zone as a townie.

And respectively, that's also why for example our dear Jackal58 is impossible to figure out as scum, because he always posts in a very straightforward matter-of-fact manner that allows him to make very little distinction between his scum and town play.
Computer says mafia
Paperscraps
Profile Joined March 2010
United States639 Posts
January 31 2012 16:34 GMT
#706
On January 31 2012 19:41 prplhz wrote:
Killing people isn't about who has this or that many votes, it's about hitting scum. Doesn't matter how many votes they have then.

Point taken.

On January 31 2012 21:09 Palmar wrote:
yeah, what's better? living scum with 4 votes or dead scum with 4 votes?

This is rhetorical.
"Because in the end, the only way we can measure the significance of our own lives is by valuing the lives of others.” - David Gale
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
January 31 2012 16:43 GMT
#707
My VP is not weird from my perspective. I genuinly think Jackal is town this game. I still think that and his last post just pointed me even more in that direction.

What i find weird about LSB is that he have fairly active in the beginning. Then Palmar started to accuse him and he have posted less and less and the stuff he have been posting have made little sense. The typo thing is just weird in my opinion.
"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
[UoN]Sentinel
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States11320 Posts
January 31 2012 17:34 GMT
#708
On February 01 2012 01:43 Dirkzor wrote:
My VP is not weird from my perspective. I genuinly think Jackal is town this game. I still think that and his last post just pointed me even more in that direction.

What i find weird about LSB is that he have fairly active in the beginning. Then Palmar started to accuse him and he have posted less and less and the stuff he have been posting have made little sense. The typo thing is just weird in my opinion.


Isn't that the same reason we lynched bugs? Lots of posts up until a short while after voting me where he just shuts up?

Right now I'm looking through LSB's filter, and most of his posts were either:
1) "Support my plan instead of the circle jerk" (and "then okay nevermind support my NEW plan instead")
2) "Lynch [UoN]Sentinel"

Night 1 passed, and he went on to talk about voting patterns, going back to his plan. Then that passed since we haven't gotten to Day 3 yet. The "Lynch Sentinel" campaign died down, at least for now, so unless he's got some serious beef with me that's gone.

Then come the posts that don't make sense which ends in a justification of lynching VisceraEyes.

So what does that leave LSB to talk about?
Нас зовет дух отцов, память старых бойцов, дух Москвы и твердыня Полтавы
Dirkzor
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Denmark1944 Posts
January 31 2012 18:26 GMT
#709
Well he could comment on the layabout talk. Which he haven't. He could have put thoughts into the VE lynch. Which he didnt (not much anyway).

He could also point out why we shouldn't shoot him - if we have a bullet. Same goes for Lay but he have gone insane anyway.

If you read page 14-15 with palmars scum team in mind it looks kinda agenda-pushing. VE, LSB and lay (and WBG) talk about circletrading. LSB put forth his plan and they all seem to agree its very good. Others also agreed it looks good (Jackal, Node, Meat, Sentinel) so I don't how usefull it is.

"HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU ON TOP AGAIN???? HOW DO YOU KEEP DOING THIS????" -Julmust (also, thats what she said)
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 31 2012 18:51 GMT
#710
So first of all, thanks for ending day early guys, if I had been vigi then you would have all just fucked up...Can we allow the full 48 hours next time? Thanks.

Secondly, Townies in my head:

Palmar - Stop being a dick, I've PMed the mods about it. There's aggressive play and then there's dickish play. You're doing the latter.
Paperscape
LSB

Scums in my head:

Dirkzor
Layabout
???

Reading back on day one and taking into account VE's horrible day two claim, it's pretty obvious that VE was probably mafia.
My notes on VE go:
pounched at palmar's probably baiting posts…scummy? Will have to see
weird un-vote of palmar.
This post stands out to me as scummy, will have to see more. "I'm going to be honest - I'm also starting to think Palmar is town, but it's not based on a belief that I think he's acting scummy to test reactions. It could be, but that's not why. I think Palmar is town based almost exclusively on the fact that scummy players like Paperscraps are defending the way he's playing."
Weird votes/unvotes on palamr/paper. Votes but then doesn't ramp pressure, unvotes when pressured himself on votes. Possibly scummy.Ok to lynch him or layabout[see layabout]


They were pretty easy to see just by pure filter, one doesn't even need to really read them in context. layabout's wavering on lynching VE and his lively defense on him makes me very suspicious of him. Extremely scummy.

I am unsure of VE's alignment.

He started supporting the plan and calling you scummyhere (clicky) . He then completely abandoned the plan and his accusations against you because "scum could gain a vote through circle trading" and therefore "circle trading" was bad and you were not scummy for opposing it, i felt that this was a weak reason, (though it turns out not supporting "circle jerking" is probably a much better stance). He then got involved in more discussion about plas and such, then presented a case against paperscraps. He points out several things paperscraps has done that are anti-town and votes for him. He claimed to have not realised how long we had left and apologises. He then unvotes paperscraps for a few reasons:
1) He doesn't think he will convince anyone
2) He thinks that Paperscraps suggesting a no-lynch would be a dumb thing for scum so he is more likely town than he had previously thought.
3) He wants to go back and read more filters..
Then he hammers WBG. He says he sent a vote to LSB.
He claims to have been hit during the night.


This part in particular from layabout's posts is a very very weak defense of VE.

I wrote on Day 1
"3) Aside from them, layabout also does the "write a long post about nothing" and then later on when the vote trading topic had died down a bit, brings it up again while bringing nothing new to the discussion."

and I wish I had written more but the trend so far for layabout has been a noncommital and slight derailment of conversation followed by his sketchy defense of VE. While I do admit that it IS possible he actually does feel this way, it is more likely that his latest posts are a last minute defense of a scummy VE and is, in my opinion, scum.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2012 18:57 GMT
#711
I disagree, I don't think I've been a dick at all. So I'm not going to change a thing.

Computer says mafia
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2012 18:57 GMT
#712
Also your town read on LSB is bad, seeing as he's scum and hopefully our lynch target tomorrow.
Computer says mafia
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 31 2012 18:59 GMT
#713
Actually, I take back my townie read on LSB. Re-reading through his filter has made me downgrade him to a neutral. I will need to think again about his alignment. I still stand by my assessment of layabout.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 31 2012 19:00 GMT
#714
On February 01 2012 03:57 Palmar wrote:
I disagree, I don't think I've been a dick at all. So I'm not going to change a thing.



Doesn't matter what you think. I've pmed the mods about it, it's up to them now. Do whatever you want, it's good play. It's also dickish play and I won't stand for that. Also, I've relooked at LSB's posts and reconsidered but if it's a choice between layabout and LSB, I would choose layabout in a heartbeat.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2012 19:01 GMT
#715
Your assessment they're scum? Of course, that's what everyone thinks
Computer says mafia
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 31 2012 19:03 GMT
#716
Huh? Who is they? layabout and dirkzor? Or do you mean LSB and layabout?

I don't think the latter if that's what you're saying
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2012 19:04 GMT
#717
If you think LSB is neutral, and are sure layabout is scum, do you not think it weird that LSB gave votes to layabout night 1? I have respect for LSB's play, and thus I don't think he can possibly do something so bad without it being intentionally bad.
Computer says mafia
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
January 31 2012 19:05 GMT
#718
On February 01 2012 02:34 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 01 2012 01:43 Dirkzor wrote:
My VP is not weird from my perspective. I genuinly think Jackal is town this game. I still think that and his last post just pointed me even more in that direction.

What i find weird about LSB is that he have fairly active in the beginning. Then Palmar started to accuse him and he have posted less and less and the stuff he have been posting have made little sense. The typo thing is just weird in my opinion.


Isn't that the same reason we lynched bugs? Lots of posts up until a short while after voting me where he just shuts up?

Right now I'm looking through LSB's filter, and most of his posts were either:
1) "Support my plan instead of the circle jerk" (and "then okay nevermind support my NEW plan instead")
2) "Lynch [UoN]Sentinel"

Night 1 passed, and he went on to talk about voting patterns, going back to his plan. Then that passed since we haven't gotten to Day 3 yet. The "Lynch Sentinel" campaign died down, at least for now, so unless he's got some serious beef with me that's gone.

Then come the posts that don't make sense which ends in a justification of lynching VisceraEyes.

So what does that leave LSB to talk about?

The only reason the lynch Sentinel campaign died down was because there was more important things for the town to focus on, ie VE. (Of course, you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I am still wary about the VE lynch and I wonder why he sacrificed himself so easily.)

I still think you are scum.

You have done nothing but parrot what Palmar has been saying. And you have commented less on the day 2 lynch than I have, an extreamly, safe suspicious play. You say that you think "laybout is scum", but your initial post is just a parrot of a "mafia list" put with little reasoning.

Lets say the honest truth. There was no scum hunting done day 2. All that happened day two was a bunch of yelling "LSB is scum! Because all he did was talk about plans... oh and [UoN]Sentinal... oh and did stuff with the lynch... oh and... w/e lynch him", and "laybout is scum because LSB sent him his votes!".
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Palmar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Iceland22634 Posts
January 31 2012 19:09 GMT
#719
That's weird, I have a pretty strong town read on Sentinel!
Computer says mafia
chaoser
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States5541 Posts
January 31 2012 19:09 GMT
#720
Just because I don't agree with who he thinks is mafia or not is not an indication of if he himself is mafia or not. His votes given to layabout tell me nothing when looked at in context of all the other posts he has made in day 1 of the game. As the game goes on I will obviously re-evaluate but as of now, to me, he is a neutral player leaning towards townie who has different ideas than me of who mafia is and who town is. That's not that big a deal. The same, obviously, can not be said for layabout with his support of VE. Not only have layabout posts in general been unhelpful, but most of them are middle of the road. This added with his support of VE tips him into scum territory for me.

I have respect for players who I think are good but that doesn't mean if they don't agree with me or see things my way that they are immediately scummy. There have been many times that I have disagreed with other good townie players and is to be expected. In my opinion, Layabout on day 1 was less scummy than dirkzor or VE. It was only his posting on day two that pushed him into extremely scummy. So I can understand LSB's justification for giving him a vote.
Haven't you heard? I'm not an ex-progamer. I'm not a poker player. I'm not an admin of the site. I'm mother fucking Rekrul.
Prev 1 34 35 36 37 38 54 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 481
ProTech146
Railgan 73
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1465
Dewaltoss 142
Trap 28
Bale 16
Dota 2
420jenkins521
Counter-Strike
fl0m4299
Fnx 619
minikerr3
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4578
Liquid`Hasu606
Other Games
summit1g4920
Liquid`RaSZi1812
FrodaN804
B2W.Neo559
XaKoH 251
ToD215
RotterdaM95
QueenE70
JuggernautJason47
PPMD26
Mew2King25
C9.Mang00
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21126
Other Games
• Shiphtur1026
• imaqtpie802
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 19m
Patches Events
19h 19m
The PondCast
1d 13h
INu's Battles
1d 14h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.