• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:27
CEST 10:27
KST 17:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9471 users

Experiment Mafia II - Page 14

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Blue1
Profile Joined April 2011
71 Posts
April 29 2011 16:18 GMT
#261
Let's wait for RoL's answer. If the check returns mafia roleblocker I say we lynch zerg, because him popping up the exact minute he was acused and not contributing at all is suspicious as hell.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
April 29 2011 16:23 GMT
#262
Cop returns alignment. Meaning Vigilante would come back as "town" along with rest of the blues. While scum such as goon/roleblocker return "Mafia". The obvious exception to these two rules are millers and godfathers which are purposely designed to fool the cop.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Zerg1
Profile Joined April 2011
27 Posts
April 29 2011 16:44 GMT
#263
LYNCH TIME

##Vote: green2
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 29 2011 17:01 GMT
#264
On April 30 2011 01:11 Orange2 wrote:
While we wait on that, let us critcaly analyze green's claim, now as I see it there are four possibilities here

1.) Green is a cop, and checked zerg, despite the "minor" inconsistency with his role not working as detailed in the OP, it might be possible, in that case if we lynch him when the ability flips tomorrow we find we have two mafia left and lynch zerg, because in that case we know green was probably not lying

2.) Green is scum, and this is a ballsy play to survive, in that case I would argue red was probably his partner and he wants us to lynch zerg so that when we flip the reveal tomorrow we "confirm" him as the DT. Its a ballsy play if thats the case as he might win the game with it. Otherwise if we lynch zerg on his word and get a return of 2 mafia tomorrow we lynch him

3.) Green is a townie who is fucking with us. If so then he is driving us to case 4, as if we lynch him and the flip the check to see there are 2 mafia left the logical conclusion is to lynch zerg, which if zerg isn't mafia (And if green is a townie he dosn;t know for sure) will cost us the game.

4.) green is a traitor who is trying to get us to waste a lynch on him to bring about lylo with 2 mafia left alive, this is an odd possibility, as I don't think the traitor role is present in this setup, but if its the case and we lynched zerg then him then mafia would win, so I wouldn't discount it as a possibility.

as I see it, its best to lynch green and see the mafia numbers tomorrow, if there are two left we lynch zerg, the only case where this backfires is #3, and #4, which I see as a less than likely scenarios, although they *could* happen I suppose.


If scenario 2 is correct we win.
If lynching green gives us the higher probability of winning today I say go for green.
We may end up having to lynch both in either scenario so lets go with the scenario that may preclude us from having to lynch again tomorrow.

##VOTE: green2
Protoss1
Profile Joined April 2011
47 Posts
April 29 2011 17:19 GMT
#265
On April 29 2011 20:10 Blue1 wrote:
Alright so let's make sense of all of this. From a newbie blue who wants to survive perspective he would have jumped at the opportunity of being protected by the medic. It makes no sense. From a newbie townie that wants to take a hit for the team perspective he would not have revealed his plan before the end of the night. It makes no sense.
Now from a mafia perspective, lets see:
1) Try to survive the day lynch at all costs. Check
2) Being extremely defensive and not posting any content whatsoever. Check
3) Not helping town gather info at all, even after I told him multiple times to do so. Check
4) Not willing to commit to any votes at all and being conserned about looking scummy. Check
5) Not having any reason to be concerned about survival at night time. Saying, I'm just a regular townie, who has no blue powers. Don't mind me if I don't get killed at night. Nothing to be suspicious about. Check
##Vote : Protoss


Going to respond to your points generally instead of responding to each one.

Points 1-4 I don't see how you're inferring from those "checks" that I'm scum. I have been saying from Post #1 that I am brand new to the game. Wanting to survive/play = scum? Huh? I am not an experienced scum hunter and you're mistaking my inexperience for deliberate deception.

As for #5, I never said I wasn't concerned about surviving. As you said, I feel I have made it pretty clear what my allignment/color is. I have never incinuated, "I'm just a regular townie, don't mind me." Please show me where. I didn't want to come out and say "I'M BLUE, PLEASE PROTECT ME LOL" so I tried to be as vague yet helpful as I could. Apparently, mission failed.

It seems Green has been caught in a lie, so:

##Vote: Green2

Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 29 2011 18:56 GMT
#266
So, now we know green was lying and has to die, thats a good first step, however we cannot afford to stop scumhunting just because we caught one scum. While its possible, even probable that red was his partner, I'd rather we have 5-6 pages of scumhunting ready and a couple definite lynch targets on the off chance that this wasn't some desperate mafia gambit or a cunning move by a traitor, than be sitting at page 15 with a page of ##Vote: green2 and us congratulating ourselves.

Thats my suggestion at least, just because we have a lynch target dosn't mean we can't start lining up the next lynch
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 29 2011 19:06 GMT
#267
terran. Unless his participation increases significantly we really are screwed going into a lylo situation with him.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 29 2011 19:14 GMT
#268
On April 30 2011 04:06 purple2 wrote:
terran. Unless his participation increases significantly we really are screwed going into a lylo situation with him.


he has all of two posts, you have a pretty decent point with that, however how sure are we that he is scum, in my experience scum rarely request replacements, as mafia is a fun role to play, however I don't want to discard the possibility that he might be either, as RL often has the unfortunate tendency to interfere when its least desired.

Frack, I hate inactivity...

Pink2
Profile Joined April 2011
23 Posts
April 29 2011 19:15 GMT
#269
Sweet, something DID come from my bringing up of green's vote (which by the way happened 10 hours into N1.

##Vote Green2

//Pink2
[image loading]
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 29 2011 19:25 GMT
#270
On April 30 2011 04:14 Orange2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 04:06 purple2 wrote:
terran. Unless his participation increases significantly we really are screwed going into a lylo situation with him.


he has all of two posts, you have a pretty decent point with that, however how sure are we that he is scum, in my experience scum rarely request replacements, as mafia is a fun role to play, however I don't want to discard the possibility that he might be either, as RL often has the unfortunate tendency to interfere when its least desired.

Frack, I hate inactivity...


I'd be very surprised if he is scum. But we can't win if scum gets a defacto tie due to his inability or unwillingness to play. It's a fucked up situation no matter how you look at it. Do we lynch a high probability townie to give us a chance to win? Lynching him may very well put us into a lylo position. That scenario may very well happen though.
Hopefully red was scum and this is a non issue. But if the situation arises how are we going to deal with it?
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 29 2011 19:43 GMT
#271
On April 30 2011 04:25 purple2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 04:14 Orange2 wrote:
On April 30 2011 04:06 purple2 wrote:
terran. Unless his participation increases significantly we really are screwed going into a lylo situation with him.


he has all of two posts, you have a pretty decent point with that, however how sure are we that he is scum, in my experience scum rarely request replacements, as mafia is a fun role to play, however I don't want to discard the possibility that he might be either, as RL often has the unfortunate tendency to interfere when its least desired.

Frack, I hate inactivity...


I'd be very surprised if he is scum. But we can't win if scum gets a defacto tie due to his inability or unwillingness to play. It's a fucked up situation no matter how you look at it. Do we lynch a high probability townie to give us a chance to win? Lynching him may very well put us into a lylo position. That scenario may very well happen though.
Hopefully red was scum and this is a non issue. But if the situation arises how are we going to deal with it?


Its an interesting dilemma, I think in this case its safe to ask RoL how likely it is that terran is getting a replacement, if it isn't likely then we cannot really afford to carry terran into lylo, as if he dosn't vote it becomes a race of who hits the vote button first, mafia or town. I'll ask

RoL how is replacing terran coming along? His inactivity is really starting to hurt

but basically if terran isn't being replaced we may very well have to waste a lynch on him, bringing us to lylo, which bothers me, I'd rather have as much buffer room between us and defeat as possible, but I dont think having an "extra" lynch is better if it means we have to risk the game on a coinflip.

Essentially unless terran gets a replacement asap, we have no choice but to lynch him.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-30 02:49:54
April 29 2011 20:32 GMT
#272
On April 30 2011 04:43 Orange2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 04:25 purple2 wrote:
On April 30 2011 04:14 Orange2 wrote:
On April 30 2011 04:06 purple2 wrote:
terran. Unless his participation increases significantly we really are screwed going into a lylo situation with him.


he has all of two posts, you have a pretty decent point with that, however how sure are we that he is scum, in my experience scum rarely request replacements, as mafia is a fun role to play, however I don't want to discard the possibility that he might be either, as RL often has the unfortunate tendency to interfere when its least desired.

Frack, I hate inactivity...


I'd be very surprised if he is scum. But we can't win if scum gets a defacto tie due to his inability or unwillingness to play. It's a fucked up situation no matter how you look at it. Do we lynch a high probability townie to give us a chance to win? Lynching him may very well put us into a lylo position. That scenario may very well happen though.
Hopefully red was scum and this is a non issue. But if the situation arises how are we going to deal with it?


Its an interesting dilemma, I think in this case its safe to ask RoL how likely it is that terran is getting a replacement, if it isn't likely then we cannot really afford to carry terran into lylo, as if he dosn't vote it becomes a race of who hits the vote button first, mafia or town. I'll ask

RoL how is replacing terran coming along? His inactivity is really starting to hurt

but basically if terran isn't being replaced we may very well have to waste a lynch on him, bringing us to lylo, which bothers me, I'd rather have as much buffer room between us and defeat as possible, but I dont think having an "extra" lynch is better if it means we have to risk the game on a coinflip.

Essentially unless terran gets a replacement asap, we have no choice but to lynch him.

He is replaced, when his sub is not busy he will start posting. Should be some time soon.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 29 2011 20:32 GMT
#273
I was rereading the thread, in particular blue's posts. He has occasionally given me a scummy feeling. But I came across this and remember not quite understanding the context of it the first time I read it.

On April 28 2011 03:55 green2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 01:26 Zerg1 wrote:
Red2 seems like a good candidate for now, protoss1 initially responded hastily and scum like to my pressure, but he reacted calmly afterwards. I'm still watching you protoss1.


I'm Sheriff.

From page 7. I don't know if anybody else saw this or not. It was posted during day 1. Either scum didn't see it or he is scum.
purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 29 2011 20:33 GMT
#274
Thank you RoL.
Terran1
Profile Joined April 2011
15 Posts
April 29 2011 20:35 GMT
#275
Hey guys, what happened?
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 29 2011 20:35 GMT
#276
ok, thats actually very good news, thanks for the prompt reply RoL

so for now I propose we ignore terran in our scum-hunting and focus on finding who green's partner in crime might be, I'll be working on the assumption that red was a townie and that green is just being insanely stupid.

purple2
Profile Joined April 2011
56 Posts
April 29 2011 20:37 GMT
#277
On April 30 2011 05:35 Terran1 wrote:
Hey guys, what happened?

The Titanic sank.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 29 2011 20:37 GMT
#278
On April 30 2011 05:32 purple2 wrote:
I was rereading the thread, in particular blue's posts. He has occasionally given me a scummy feeling. But I came across this and remember not quite understanding the context of it the first time I read it.

Show nested quote +
On April 28 2011 03:55 green2 wrote:
On April 28 2011 01:26 Zerg1 wrote:
Red2 seems like a good candidate for now, protoss1 initially responded hastily and scum like to my pressure, but he reacted calmly afterwards. I'm still watching you protoss1.


I'm Sheriff.

From page 7. I don't know if anybody else saw this or not. It was posted during day 1. Either scum didn't see it or he is scum.


Or scum interpreted it as random spam, which is what I did. It didn't even occur to me that that was a claim,

@Terran, we are lynching green for claiming DT and lying about his result, so vote him for now, please read through the thread and get back to us on who you think is scum.
Terran1
Profile Joined April 2011
15 Posts
April 29 2011 20:40 GMT
#279
On April 30 2011 05:37 Orange2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 05:32 purple2 wrote:
I was rereading the thread, in particular blue's posts. He has occasionally given me a scummy feeling. But I came across this and remember not quite understanding the context of it the first time I read it.

On April 28 2011 03:55 green2 wrote:
On April 28 2011 01:26 Zerg1 wrote:
Red2 seems like a good candidate for now, protoss1 initially responded hastily and scum like to my pressure, but he reacted calmly afterwards. I'm still watching you protoss1.


I'm Sheriff.

From page 7. I don't know if anybody else saw this or not. It was posted during day 1. Either scum didn't see it or he is scum.


Or scum interpreted it as random spam, which is what I did. It didn't even occur to me that that was a claim,

@Terran, we are lynching green for claiming DT and lying about his result, so vote him for now, please read through the thread and get back to us on who you think is scum.

Just skimmed that
##Vote: Green2 the slip is inexcusible, and indicative of a fake claim.

On the other hand I am still bothered by Zerg1.
Orange2
Profile Joined April 2011
103 Posts
April 29 2011 20:45 GMT
#280
On April 30 2011 05:40 Terran1 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2011 05:37 Orange2 wrote:
On April 30 2011 05:32 purple2 wrote:
I was rereading the thread, in particular blue's posts. He has occasionally given me a scummy feeling. But I came across this and remember not quite understanding the context of it the first time I read it.

On April 28 2011 03:55 green2 wrote:
On April 28 2011 01:26 Zerg1 wrote:
Red2 seems like a good candidate for now, protoss1 initially responded hastily and scum like to my pressure, but he reacted calmly afterwards. I'm still watching you protoss1.


I'm Sheriff.

From page 7. I don't know if anybody else saw this or not. It was posted during day 1. Either scum didn't see it or he is scum.


Or scum interpreted it as random spam, which is what I did. It didn't even occur to me that that was a claim,

@Terran, we are lynching green for claiming DT and lying about his result, so vote him for now, please read through the thread and get back to us on who you think is scum.

Just skimmed that
##Vote: Green2 the slip is inexcusible, and indicative of a fake claim.

On the other hand I am still bothered by Zerg1.


Green flipping scum says nothing about Zerg's alignment, as far as I am concerned at least, again this DT claim makes very little sense to me, so I'm not going to make assumptions based on it, as something about it stinks, either red was mafia or the mafia are trying to pull something over our heads, and that worries me.

Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 882
GuemChi 634
Leta 308
Hyun 279
firebathero 221
BeSt 212
Soma 177
Mong 108
PianO 55
910 49
[ Show more ]
sSak 43
Bale 29
Shine 20
yabsab 19
HiyA 18
ZergMaN 14
Noble 14
Dota 2
febbydoto22
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss558
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King292
Other Games
summit1g8326
olofmeister964
ceh9548
JimRising 479
KnowMe75
Trikslyr20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick468
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast36
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos516
• Stunt445
Other Games
• Shiphtur484
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
2h 33m
Patches Events
7h 33m
The PondCast
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 2h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.